Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 5,992
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,992
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...rlouge-Level-8

Mystic Protection:
    I need some help with this one. This has two parts, first is instantaneous defence against most attacks, second is an AOE attack against everyone within a substantial radius. I'm tempted to say level 9.

Levitation:
    Not sure if I should be limiting this based on force she can exert. At the moment she is able to lift things that are 310 pounds (I think in kg, 140) should that be limited to being able to exert that amount of force? Maybe a level 7?

Shadow magic: Asked for more info on strength of weapons, probably Level 7
    Shadow Magic Technique: Shadow Step: Asked for limiter, Level 8
    Light Magic: Asked for more info, probably Level 4 or 5
    Light Magic Technique: Firework: Level 3
    Mystic Bomb: Asked for more info, probably Level 7 or 8 due to AOE
    Shadow Soul: Asked for more info, probably Level 4 or 5
    Shadow Swap: Asked for Limiter, Level 6
    Healing light: Level 4
    Staying to the shadows: Asked for limiter, Level 5
    6x strength: Level 6
    3x endurance: Level 4
    4x speed: Level 5

The Limiter Necklace (3 post boost): doubles strength, speed, and defense for three posts
    Is this equal to three level 8 abilities? Tripling an ability for one post is Level 7, so doubling one for three posts would be a step up.

Lastly, do I need to worry about how vague the Pistol description is?

Harmonica Pistol- Bought for her son, Akiv, this pistol can hold 6 bullets which can be shot in quick succession.

5 4 8 8 8 6 5 4 6 4 7 3 4 8 7 9 7

She has 17 abilities, but assuming that all the levels check out she comes in under the average if I divide by 14 (7.35). Do I still need to ask her to remove three skills?
    Last edited by Hysteria; 10-17-13 at 04:51 AM.

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    New Kyla is far more powerful than two weeks ago Kyla, so I'm afraid my past sheet won't help.

Mystic Protection is a combo ability so it must be broken down into its individual parts
    1) Protection
    2) Glass Attack
    3) Fire Attack

Since several characters have Mystic Protection, I think this is a good time to figure out exactly how the defense works. If it's a shield of glass, which is relatively weak comparatively, we can say 3-4 depending on the glass material equivilent she gives. If it's intended to stop all attacks (Mystic Protection has stopped a bullet from Dirks' Beretta), then I agree it's a level 10 (borderline insane) power. We'll need her to clarify.

The glass attack itself, depending on the choice of material she chooses, would probably be 3-4.

The fire attack is probably level 4, akin to splitting a big fire ball into smaller fire balls (already on the power level chart). Of course, this addition of Kyla's is wholly unrealistic as too intense of a fire would melt the glass and it would feel like nothing on contact, but we'll let that slide as its a fantasy game.

Levitation is medium teleknesis. Double her size is 300 lbs. I'd agree this is a 7 ability.

Shadow magic, as written, is an insane power. She can create any weapon, including Icemold? Fuck that. She can create the highest weapon grade available for purchase, prevalida, and that is a level 10 power.

Shadow magic technique looks good at 8, if limited, as we have an ability on point in the power level chart.

Mystic Bomb should be a 7, rather than an 8, due to the limited range.

Shadow soul is a 4, but let her clarify that it does not provide a corresponding boost.

Agree with the rest, as they are essentially plucked straight from the power level chart.

The limiter necklace is three abilities, yes. And you need ask her to clarify whether she's boosting her own abilities or from a basic human. Double strength for her would be 12x strength, 8x speed for her and 6x endurance. Boost doubling for a post is a 6, for three posts would be an 8-10 times three. Depending on the outcome of the boost (which will most certainly be 12x) you can adjust accordingly. If it boosts to over 15x, it's not allowed, FYI, as it's an insane power.

Doing the math (4*, 4*, 4*, 7, 10*, 8*, 7, 4*,6, 4, 5, 6, 4, 5, 8*, 8*, 8*) thats 17 abilities, you're right.

You ask her to remove three abilities, then you do the average. If she's below, she's fine. As of right now, only Shadow Magic and possibly Mystic Protection are the daunting ones that'll need to be changed based on her responses.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Dirks, Kyla's shadow weapons are all titanium strength. She clearly specifies "any weapon" as being any melee weapon (as in any type of weapon from sword to axe to dagger) and further limits that she cannot create projectile weapons other than things she can throw. It's still a pretty crazy strong ability that might need some limitations (so she can't arm a hundred people with titanium equivalent shadows or throw daggers endlessly, for example) and since she's only level 8 maybe we don't want her having titanium strength everything yet. But basically, it's the ability to create melee weapons from shadows.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

Administrator
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Yeah, she recently updated. Prior to her post it was "any weapon" with no material limitations.

As long as she adds some limitations to its use, I have no problems with that being a measurable ability -- i.e. not insane.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Ok, before I ask her to remove some skills, here is the current log:

Mystic Protection: 10, 3, 3
    Shadow Step: 8
    Levitation: 7
    Light Magic: 5
    Firework: 3
    Mystic Bomb: 7
    Shadow Soul: 4
    Shadow Swap: 10
    Healing light: 4
    6x Strength: 6
    4x Speed: 5
    Limiter Necklace: 8, 8

If I could the combined skills I get 16, but well below the average (Total of 93/14 = 6.6). Should I be asking her to remove some skills, but increasing the strength of others? I'd be more inclined to count Mystic protection, limiter necklace and shadow swap as individual skills.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 10-23-13 at 03:09 AM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...hyr-level-3%29

Greater Perception: 4

Greater Endurance (x4): 5

Greater Speed and Strength x1.5: 3, 3

Metal Manipulation: Through extensive work (and the frustration of being reduced to one hand) Phyr has learned to manipulate small amounts of metal. He may manipulate up to 2 pounds of steel and lower tiered metals, or up to a pound of plynt if the plynt item is part of his inventory (or otherwise familiar to him). In this way Phyr can telekinetically repair devices or reload weapons where his single arm handicaps him, as well as pick most locks and levitate items. He can also quickly sharpen/clean metal tools and do a number of other mundane things.Phyr's range of control is approximately a 2 meter radius around him, and he now has the ability to soften the metal he controls. Softened metal will retain all its other properties, so for example a thin bladed sword might function like a metal whip, but wide-bladed swords and bludgeons would become less useful. Phyr may use this to reduce impact from melee attacks or thrown projectiles, but anything that moves as fast or faster than an arrow would be too quick for him.
    Metal Manipulate:
    Telekinesis: 3
    Soften items to improve them: 4
    Soften attacks to weaken them: 6

I've asked for some clarification on this, it could be RPed as extremely strong, so I want to make sure it is clear where the boundaries are (less for Breaker and more for non-mods).

Shadow Manipulation: When Phyr is standing still or moving very slowly in a shadowy or dark area, he is capable of increasing the thickness of the shadows around him so only a character with increased perception who looks closely would see him. Use of magic is minimal enough to not be detected or considered true "shadow magic", this ability is more a representation of Phyr's unique ability to remain unseen. Phyr is now capable of summoning shadow or increasing the size/changing the shape of existing shadows. These can be used as distractions or hiding places. Phyr is only capable of controlling a body of shadows as large as two horses, and creating more than one "shadow illusion" at a time may cause him to lose focus. 10 meter radius range.

Shadow blinders: shadows are adhered to an opponent's face as a translucent blindfold that wears off after 1 minute but can only be removed sooner by arcane means. The "blinders" reduce the target's vision by approximately half during the minute, and in the dark shadow blinders may obscure vision completely. Once a shadow blinder is adhered, Phyr does not need to focus on it anymore.
    Shadow Manipulation:
    There seems to be at least two instances of overkill here. First is the phrase 'only a character with increased perception who looks closely', second is with the shadow blinders instantly reducing another character's vision.

My suggestions are to remove the phrase and replace it with “so only a perceptive character would notice him.” Its for the judging mods to work out what is or isn't realistic during the thread. A genius might notice the change is shadows in a room, but not actually see who is there for example.

Second, remove shadow binders and suggest a new skill, or change it so the shadows need to be launched and latch onto the character somehow. No insta-hits.

EDIT: Before you think I'm posting every character here, I should mention I've post this and Amber's because I'm seeking clarification.

Administrator
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    They're combo abilities and should be treated as such, Hysteria. Never suggest to make the character stronger, either.

Administrator
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Breaker (I'll be editing this as I compare power levels)

Level 12: 19 abilities, APL 9.5

Air Magic
    Water Magic
    Regeneration
    Bone Mutation
    Blessing of the Tap
    Ascended Vitality- Strength
    Ascended Vitality- Perception
    Ascended Vitality- Speed
    Ascended Vitality- Agility
    Ascended Vitality- Endurance
    Vile Anatomy - Bones
    Vile Anatomy - Skin
    Adamantine Will
    Clean Living
    Detect Magic*
    Lightning Rod
    Barrier Dissipation
    Healing Hands**
    Energy Surplus
    Breaker Boots - Telepathy***
    Angel Eye - Telepathy***

Total abilities: 21, AVP []

*May link with increased perception
    **May link with regeneration
    ***May link with telepathy

The Breaker Boots, aside from the telepathic link, seem to be enchantments that affect the boots themselves and are not considered abilities.

Administrator
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Frankie

Ignite (combo ability due to lightning and fire): 2, 2
    Put on a Show (like Reine's "Flashbang" w/ Puck's Visual Illusion): 3
    Decreased speed and agility/Increased durability (I'll try to get her to incorporate those limits into her magic): 3

Total abilities: 4 (needs to remove 1)
    Average Power: 2.5 (OK)

She changed her durability into an ability modifier, like I asked.

She added "Nitrogly-soul-rin", which I gave a 3 to due to the limitations.

Ignite (fire now only): 2
    Nitrogly-soul-rin": 3
    Put on a show: 3

APL: 2.6 (approved)

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast