Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile

Althanas Improvement Thread

During the shutdown (and always), I'm very interested to hear ways to continue to improve Althanas.

If there is something you'd like to say about our judging system, layouts, content, features, etc. feel free to give us your opinions.

You're going to see a number of changes over the next few days, so please don't use this area to report bugs.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

I'm asking you icely
    EXP: 29,108, Level: 7
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 5,892
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,892
    GP

Name
    "Ayleth" Ashla Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/ Elf Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue in the left, dark brown in the right
    Build
    5'6" / 109
    Job
    Vigilante

View Profile
    - We can edit our titles for the threads like we can with the posts themselves (only the one who made the thread or a moderator can change the title)
    - Linked accounts (since it's the same person anyways) can edit each others' posts.
    - We can have the center/ left/ right tool for our texts for our threads again.
    - More text fonts please! xD
    Last edited by Ashla; 12-16-13 at 08:03 AM.
    How I Shall End my Citadel Battles from Here on Out.

Those who are the most unlovable... are those who need loved the most.
    A misguided anti-hero who only wanted to make the world a better place - but did it wrong.

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Thanks for your feedback!

As to the linked accounts thing, nope. That's a hack I downloaded so we're limited to the constraints of the program.

And as far as I know, the center tag works fine

It's <center> </center> where <> = []

And so does the left.

It's <left> </left> where <> = []

And so does the right!

It's <right> </right> where <>=[]

If you goto the advanced editor, you can click on the tags

I'm asking you icely
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human/ Elf Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Build
    5'6" / 109
    Job
    Vigilante

View Profile
    Your welcome and thank you!

A misguided anti-hero who only wanted to make the world a better place - but did it wrong.

Administrator
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    I'll see if I can go about adding a few more font files for you, as well.

I'm asking you icely
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human/ Elf Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Build
    5'6" / 109
    Job
    Vigilante

View Profile
    I write this message while trying to get help on how I could level-up Ashla once she becomes level three (and I was also working on Muri at that time) and I found that there weren't any stickies anywhere for the topic on how far you can go when leveling up (like how many abilities you can have per level, how you can improve your skills per level, etc.) Here's the original message with more details:

Hello,
    I've been searching everywhere in the FAQ and the "Character Registration" stickies, but I can't find a list of how many abilities/ powers/ weapons/ stats etc. you can give your characters per level. Like I get told that three abilities can be given in level one, and somebody was told seven can be given in level three. And metals used for weapons for level ones at the highest can be steel. However, there aren't any threads that give that information for new and upgrading members to view on here. Partially out of curiosity, and also out of my plans to upgrade Ashla after my semi-solos; I've been looking for that to see how far I can go. I can't find a thread that gives me that information anywhere, so I was wondering if you could help me, please?
    If you don't have a thread that has this information, do you think it's possible for one to be created?

Thank you.
    ~ BlueGhostofSeaside

Okay, so here's an example of what I was looking for.

ABILITIES:
    Level One:
    You can have up to three abilities. For high-level powers you have to limit how many times they can use it for how many times a day. For weaker ones, you can use them at any time.
    Ability One: This character can control fire the size of a hound dog
    Ability Two: This character can allow their blade to turn their blade on fire and attack an enemy with it. The burns the fire produces can give first-degree burns in one, small area of the body.
    Ability Three: This character can form a wall of fire around them that protects them from three average attacks or one strong attack. This ability can be used up to three times per thread if not used at its full power.

Level Two:
    You can have up to four abilities. For high-level powers you have to limit how many times they can use it for how many times a day. For weaker ones, you can use them at any time.
    Ability One: This character can control fire the size of a horse.
    Ability Two: This character can allow their blade to turn their blade on fire and attack an enemy with it. The burns the fire produces can give secondt-degree burns in one, small area of the body.
    Ability Three: This character can form a wall of fire around them that protects them from three average attacks or one strong attack and one weak attack. This ability can be used up to four times per thread if not used at its full power.
    Ability Four: This character can shoot small fireballs out of their mouth, producing second degree burns on the person they hit.
    and so on.

A thread that gives this information would be able to help new members who wonder how strong they can make their characters and give a little guidance for other odds and ends they may be wondering about. It would also help other members leveling up to see how much their character can be improved upon from the last level. It would also save the trouble of mods having to repeat the same rules over and over again per new player.
    Last edited by Ashla; 12-16-13 at 02:04 PM.

Administrator
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Good question. We've actually wrestled with whether to release this information to the players for the past few years.

Speaking officially: There are standards that moderators use when approving characters. We have a maximum power level and a maximum number of abilities for each level. However, these numbers are flexible (and interchangable) depending on the character that is presented to us. In the future we may release how many abilities a level 16 character can have to give you a general overview, but don't expect to see us give numbers in between.

This is because we don't want the system to seem mechanical. That stifles creativity and leads to boring homogenous god-like power characters. Althanas is about how well you write, not how jacked your character is. My advice is this: if you've got a direction, go with it. We'll let you know if your character is too powerful or not.

I'm asking you icely
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human/ Elf Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Build
    5'6" / 109
    Job
    Vigilante

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Dirks View Post
    Good question. We've actually wrestled with whether to release this information to the players for the past few years.

Speaking officially: There are standards that moderators use when approving characters. We have a maximum power level and a maximum number of abilities for each level. However, these numbers are flexible (and interchangable) depending on the character that is presented to us. In the future we may release how many abilities a level 16 character can have to give you a general overview, but don't expect to see us give numbers in between.

This is because we don't want the system to seem mechanical. That stifles creativity and leads to boring homogenous god-like power characters. Althanas is about how well you write, not how jacked your character is. My advice is this: if you've got a direction, go with it. We'll let you know if your character is too powerful or not.
    Okay, I can see where you're going with that. Thanks for replying

EXP: 4,095, Level: 2
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 905
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 905
    GP

Name
    Fox Owen Xavier
    Race
    Kitsune
    Hair Color
    Fox Red
    Eye Color
    Light brown
    Build
    5'4 / 120 pounds
    Job
    Potion Crafter

View Profile
    Is there anyway to have it automatically create links to profile. It's very helpful to look at other people's profiles during quests and stuff and since most people don't seem to link them, I'm frequently having to search the ROG forums to find their character sheet. (Picture of profile link attached so people know what I'm talking about).

ProfileLink.png

Administrator
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Realistically, the only way I could have it done is to have the ROG moderator add that profile field when a character is approved. That would require the ROG moderator to have administrator access, which I'm not too keen on. Maybe before final character approval, we could mandate that players put their profile thread ID into that field. What do you think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast