Eye Color
    Seafoam Green
    Build
    6'8"/280lbs
    Job
    Blacksmith, Mercenary, Wanderer

View Profile

Issaldurn Smith

I was told I needed to copy and paste the character accepted under an older profile of mine to this one so that I could use it from this username. The character's from 2011 and was approved the, but if anything needs to be changed just let me know.

Basics

Name: Issaldurn Smith
    Race: Mystic, Human
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Seafoam Green
    Height: 6’ 8”
    Weight: 280lbs

Personality

Issaldurn is a generally decent person. Years of traveling along the highways and byways of the land have taught him that you can’t be cold, or arrogant, and get far in life. As a Master Blacksmith, he is known for his craftsmanship skills, but because he travels so much he is forced to use whatever forge exists in the town he’s staying in, though he does carry a small anvil and a large hammer around with him. As a general rule, he is open and friendly, and always quick to share a mug of ale and a good story or two.

Appearance

The Blacksmith is a large, bulky man with a barrel for a chest and arms thick as redwood trees (not literally…). His features are outright domineering, as his large muscles and intimidating stare often send even the most hardened of fighters running when confronting him. His usual attire consists of a loose pair of pants, a pair of well-worn leather boots - with steel-toes -, a tight, form fitting shirt, and a pair of leather gauntlets. When traveling he keeps a heavy, leather cloak on, pulled up over his head.

His hair is black, but keep at a medium length, and is quite shaggy. He keeps a lengthy beard, which goes down to just a few inches past his chest, and is kept greased down into a point. His mustaches drop down on either side, and meld perfectly into the hair of his beard, making it appear as one large chunk of hair - though his mouth is perfectly uncovered. Being a traveler, however, he is often dirty and grimy when he arrives in a place, rarely stopping for anything short of nightfall or food.

Skills

Master Blacksmith: As a blacksmith with his master papers, his talents with the forge and hammer are unmatched, and he can repair anything brought before him. Magic weapons, no problem. Enchanted weapons, no problem. Steel, Iron, etc? No problem.

Woodcraft: As a man who travels mainly through the highways and byways of the woods, often hidden from the sight of man or beast, he has picked up a few traits to make his travels easier. He can move silently through dense woods, with a plethora of leaves and twigs on the ground without sacrificing any of his speed. He can also climb and blend into the surrounding trees - and other landmarks - quickly.

Abilities

Reactive Adaptation: His body is hardened and trained to adapt to adverse situations quickly. What this means is that he’s extremely durable, and only becomes more durable as his body heals itself. The more often he’s faced with a certain object hurting his body, the less effective it becomes the next time he’s faced with it.

Substance Mimicry: For now, Issaldurn can touch iron or steel with his hands or feet, and have them mimic the physical properties of those items. This becomes useful in several forms, though the most widely used instance is when he makes his fists as hard as either item, for greater impact power when he punches someone. His hands can also meld into those items, and by doing so he can lift them up much easier - what with not needing a good hand-hold and all.

Enhanced Physical Attributes: Years of running through the woods, sprinting at full speed through trees and up hill has given Issaldurn an enhanced speed. He is capable of moving at speeds quicker than any normal human would find himself capable, and is much quicker in not just in running speed, but reaction speed as well.

Equipment

Blacksmith’s Hammer: This large, fifty-six pound steel hammer is the main tool of Issaldurn’s trade, as well as his second favorite weapon to use in combat - his first favorite being his hands and feet. The hammer isn’t special in any way, shape, or form.

Anvil: This anvil has no special usage in battle, but it is always carried about his person. He uses it as a tool of his trade, a place to lay steel and iron while he beats them into place. It’s made from hard, thrice-forged iron, and weighs roughly fifty pounds.

Both these items are carried in a leather sack, often slung over his shoulder.

History

Issaldurn was born the son of a Miller, and apprenticed out to a Blacksmith at the age of eight. His childhood was plagued with hard work, and under appreciation. He had the skills of a Master blacksmith long before his apprenticeship was over. His master refused to acknowledge his skills, however, and so he was stuck until the last day of his contract, when he managed to graduate to Journeyman Smith.

He journeyed about the lands for several long years, picking up on new ways of doing things - and even learning how to work on enchanted and magical items (though never owning one for himself) before he graduated up to Master, when he built a man a house of metal entirely from scratch in less than two years. His payments have always been generous, and its made him a rich man, though he dresses like a ruffian. He doesn’t lord his money over people, and most people he meets never have any idea exactly how much he is worth.

( The history is deliberately concise, as I hate writing histories, and much prefer to keep the air of mystery and allow information about my characters to slip out through Roleplaying and Development, which is to say Characterization. )
    I am one, born of magic and sword, cast forth from the annals of time to bestow judgement upon the foolish, the unworthy.

EXP: 85,686, Level: 12
    Level completed: 67%, EXP required for next level: 4,314
    Level completed: 67%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,314
    GP

Name
    Kyla Marie Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'6, 155lbs
    Job
    Ixian Knights Reformation team

Hi, welcome back to Althanas!

Can you change your hammer to iron? This can be updated later at the bazaar for gold, or as a quest reward.

Enhanced Physical Attributes - Can you define what his increased speed allows him to do?

Substance Mimicry – When he touches something, does it only change his hands and feet (and not fore arms and calves)? I'll need a post length that this lasts for, as well as how many times he can do it.

Reactive Adaptation - This is a tough one to judge. Issaldurn can only build defensive abilities with each level, so an ability that allows him to gain a tougher body after an injury doesn't work too well. You might want to change it something to do with healing?
    Last edited by Amber Eyes; 12-22-13 at 10:20 PM.
    My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
    ~~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Every girl should use what Mother Nature gave her before Father Time takes it away.
    ~~Dr. Laurence J. Peter

You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired.
    -- Sei Shin Kan

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    -- Anon

EXP: 85,686, Level: 12
    Level completed: 67%, EXP required for next level: 4,314
    Level completed: 67%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,314
    GP

Name
    Kyla Marie Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'6, 155lbs
    Job
    Ixian Knights Reformation team

I am moving this thread to the archives, if you would like this reopened please let a moderator know and we will move it back to the registration area.
    My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
    ~~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Every girl should use what Mother Nature gave her before Father Time takes it away.
    ~~Dr. Laurence J. Peter

You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired.
    -- Sei Shin Kan

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    -- Anon