No hair
    Eye Color
    Fiery Orange
    Build
    7'6", 120lbs
    Job
    Wandering Vagrant

Enter Hayman!

Just a warning, this Character Sheet is not fully finished. I did not feel I had enough time to write up the history so that section is for now left empty. Until then, this is my character.

Name: Alexandros
    Race: Animate Inanimate Scarecrow
    Hair Color: No hair
    Eye Color: A flaring Pumpkin Orange
    Height: Seven feet and six inches
    Weight: One and twenty pounds

Personality: Alexandros was created solely to protect others. Specifically he was to protect his master but what came afterward was to protect the innocent. Though, the talents he was given to do so are unorthodox, thus his actions reflect ill intent when in reality his intentions are good. For instance, to save a life he would go so far as to kill multiple attackers to save the victim.

Beyond his clear idealism involving innocents he does not have a very clear sense of morality. As long as defenseless people are taken advantage of then Alexandros could be convinced to perform many wrongdoings. This tendency is supported by his complicated outlook on life. Thus, Alexandros is stuck in a purely neutral state with currently none to pull him in any direction other than his own.

Given the chance, Alexandros is quite unhinged in social situations. His behavior bounces from serious to comedic and between pessimistic and optimistic. This can be contributed to his unusual amount of time left alone to think, also causing him to consider concepts rapidly and randomly at once. This does not reflect so much during battle however, and during such heated situations he does not think faster than others.

Appearance: Starting with the most obvious trait, Alexandros is a scarecrow. His entire body is composed of twigs, burlap and straw. Upon his head is a hat weaved of hay reaching outward well beyond his narrow shoulders. The long brim of his cap serves well to shadow his face, a bag morphed in the shape of a head. Holes were ripped to serve as eyes which sport a dull and insidious glow of orange. Underneath these are several jagged tears which represent sharp teeth upon a wide maw.

Hiding where one's neck should be found, Alexandros dons dark burlap that hangs down to his wrists at the sides and descend even lower at the middle below his knees, with straw at his waist stringing it together like a belt. His arms are impossibly long yet thin as a malnourished skeleton made of wood which finally end at long, bony and sharp fingers. His legs reach further yet allowing him to cross great distances in few bounds. Yet these limbs end in spikes that seem to have been torn in half down the centre rather than feet. All about his body there are stray bits of straw peeking out beyond their cloth prison. Within all of this and at his core lies a bright orange gem the size of one's fist. This is his heart and what keeps his ghastly form moving throughout immense torture.

History:

Skills: Without a Body: Alexandros feels no pain and is not slowed by attacks until his body is completely destroyed.

Seen it All: Having experienced countless horrors by simply being within his own mind, Alexandros feels little fear for his own well-being.

Abilities: Fear Magic: He is capable of using spells to bend the minds of others to see, hear, and feel what he wants them to. While he cannot directly manipulate another's consciousness, he can easily fool them into believing some unspeakable horror from beyond this realm has suddenly entered their line of sight. Given enough time, he could even put enough pressure on a single individual to commit suicide to leave the horrific images forever.

Fear Not Death: When Alexandros' body is completely destroyed, he does not die. His heart will inevitably remain and after a few days he will be able to take the body of another scarecrow in place of his own. In addition, while pieces of his body still remain he can slowly regenerate them even in battle. It is only when every part of him is destroyed that the effect is fully stopped, excluding only his heart crystal.

Weaknesses: Frail Body: Wood being the most hardy of his bodily composition, Alexandros cannot stand to very much punishment despite his inability to feel pain. Every single piece of his is also incredibly flammable, meaning that his greatest weakness of all is fire, as it is capable of destroying him entirely in a matter of seconds. This is only countered by his regeneration, so if one were to finish him quickly he would have little to stop it. Those that deal their damage in time will have trouble taking him on however.

Awkward Shape: Due to his incredibly slender form, armor that fits him is rare. The only protection he would be able to fit in would be made especially for him.

Lack of Strength: Alexandros can carry himself fine but not much else as his body does not necessarily exude brute strength. He is limited to what he can carry and cannot deal much damage by physical means.

Equipment: Besides basic clothing, all he carries with him is a pitchfork and a hefty cloak to conceal his body from prying eyes.

Familiars: Since his most recent 'reincarnation', a single crow has been following Alexandros relentlessly. He will carry on with casual, one-sided conversations with the crow in a language none other than himself can understand and insists that it can understand him. Judging by his remarks, the crow seems to be heavily cynical.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 5,992
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,992
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Yo!

How much damage could he regenerate in a battle with the Fear not Death ability?

If he gets a limb cut off how much would that slow him down ina battle?

Last question, what sort of things would he cause someone to see, and how much and for how long?

GP

Name
    Alexandros
    Race
    Scarecrow
    Hair Color
    No hair
    Eye Color
    Fiery Orange
    Build
    7'6", 120lbs
    Job
    Wandering Vagrant

I'd have to ask you how much regeneration could I get away with in that situation. I gave him a lot of weaknesses specifically so the regen could be slightly powerful because he is mainly a defensive character anyway but I'm not sure what kind of extent I could put it.

As for the fear is depends on how many people he is effecting at once and how 'resistant' to it they are (as in: if they already know if the stuff is fake, how well would they ignore it). He can cause people to see, hear and feel (He cannot implant immense pain to disable someone... yet...) anything but for him things that would cause fear comes naturally.

If he puts all of his effort into the magic and literally do nothing else he could set one target into a completely different world of altered senses, changing everything around them. Doing this for a long time can actually put enough pressure into someone to cause them to go insane (Though it takes so long that it is very unreliable in battle). He can do this indefinitely if he does literally nothing else, but everything shatters when he is interrupted. If it's on a group of people with minimal effort he could perhaps place a minimalist figure in all of their eyes or replace the sight of one of the targets with something horrific, causing the others to attack. This would last about 30 seconds or so on 5 or so people at once, or 15 seconds on 10 people.

At this stage he can't really do anything other than confuse others because if they are in the right mindset they can simply ignore the effects, but if they do then he can try to circumvent it by instead making it seem he is moving in one direction to strike when in reality he is moving in the opposite direction.

Sorry if it's a mouthful for something so little, I like to be thorough.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Ok, I think I have my head around this. There are two ways we can go with your Fear Magic. Either it is something that happens inside the opponents head, or outside it with traditional illusions. The reason why it is important to differentiate is because it will effect how easily a character deals with it as well as the versatility of the ability. If he can target an opponents mind and create images of terror, then he might not be as able to hide his movements directly.

Another question, if Alexandros loses an arm, or sustains a badly injury, how would that effect him? Would he slow down at all?

GP

Name
    Alexandros
    Race
    Scarecrow
    Hair Color
    No hair
    Eye Color
    Fiery Orange
    Build
    7'6", 120lbs
    Job
    Wandering Vagrant

Sorry for not coming back for so long. I have had busy times as of late and sadly I cannot wholly confirm if I won't be busy in the very near future as well but I will try to stick around to this place ^^

The ideas for his Fear Magic generally fit alongside of him directly tampering with a person's mind rather than traditional illusion magic. Consider it more of a specialized version of 'Psychomancy' where one fools with a person's consciousness. Except instead of telepathy and other such traditional things it's a more brutal form of mindfuckery.

Well, specifically an arm would not slow him down because his arms do not effect his movement that much. If he were to be crippled in the legs he would be slowed down though, since that's what he walks on. As he feels no pain the only thing that would slow him down from losing an arm would be the initial shock of the blow itself if it were powerful enough to halt his advance.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that I may take longer designing this character then I had initially hoped. I wish to rework some of the features within his Personality page as I feel he is a difficult one for a reader to connect with just because of the lack of humanity and then some other personality related things. So I want him to gush personality to make him a little more likable and interesting. From a game balancing perspective there will be no impact but it will mean I need to take some more time considering what I want this character to be.
    Last edited by Alistair; 01-07-14 at 08:15 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Apologies for the delayed response.

As it stands the Fear Magic needs to tightened on how much it can impact someone. Specifically it needs a duration. I'm happy to leave it vague in terms of how often he can use it, but given that he is a level 1 he will need some sort of limit. This can be effected by two things; how much fear he tries to make and how long for. So he could creature a terrifying image for a split second, enough to throw most people completely off and make them break out into a cold sweat. He could also sit on someone and create things in the corner of his/her eyes for a few hours. The second part to clarify the effect of the magic. As you said above it occurs in their mind.

One thing to keep in mind is that as this occurs in the other character's mind you will need to take care to to powergame the other character.

Here is my suggested ability:

Fear Magic: Alexandros is capable of influencing people's minds. While he cannot directly manipulate another's consciousness, he can implant images of fear and terror. Perhaps some unspeakable horror from beyond this realm has suddenly entered their line of sight, or a beast of snarling terror just on the side of their vision. At the moment Alexandros can create terrifying images of unspeakable horror for a split second, or smaller unnerving images for much longer periods. The more intense the image and longer he exerts the influence the more exhausted he becomes. Using this ability on multiple people also tires him faster.

Given the strength of the above ability is quite high, I'll ask if you can remove the regeneration in battle aspect of the Fear Not Death ability. He can still come back to life, but not heal in battle (yet).

Fear Not Death: When Alexandros' body is completely destroyed, he does not die. His heart will inevitably remain and after a few days he will be able to take the body of another scarecrow in place of his own. In addition, while pieces of his body still remain he can slowly regenerate them even in battle. It is only when every part of him is destroyed that the effect is fully stopped, excluding only his heart crystal.

Lastly can you move Without a Body under abilities? Given that he can take a substantial amount of damage without slowing down of dying at the moment we need to tighten this up a bit. The unsaid connotations are also quite high, for example immunity to poison. Until you level up a bit and can take more advantage of immunity and regeneration Alexandros needs to be more successful to normal attacks.

Without a Body: Alexandros body is very different from a human. He feels less pain and is able to take far more damage without slowing down.

Feel free to reword the abilities, these are just my suggestions to get the character approved.

EXP: 85,686, Level: 12
    Level completed: 67%, EXP required for next level: 4,314
    Level completed: 67%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,314
    GP

Name
    Kyla Marie Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'6, 155lbs
    Job
    Ixian Knights Reformation team

This is being archived. If you would like it moved back to the registration area please PM a moderator.
    My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
    ~~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Every girl should use what Mother Nature gave her before Father Time takes it away.
    ~~Dr. Laurence J. Peter

You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired.
    -- Sei Shin Kan

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    -- Anon