Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6' 1" / 230 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer

Have you guys heard of this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4953620.stm

This article is basically about a game that has currency which can be exchanged for REAL money. You can put in money to get game currency, and inversely you can withdraw your PED's (the game funds) and get real cash. Exchange rate: 10 PED's = $1 American.

In December 2004, another character called Deathifier, bought a virtual treasure island for $26,500 (£13,700).

The real person behind the character, an Australian gamer called David Storey, recouped his money within a year by selling land to build virtual homes as well as taxing other gamers to hunt or mine on the island.
    And in 2005 there was a space station built and sold for $100,000.

Gasp.

I'm actually downloading this game as we speak. What do you guys think of this? A virtual community where you can actually profit on its real estate....which.......i guess that's kinda an oxymoron. "Real". "Virtual estate"? Yeah you work it out.
    I know you're wise beyond your years,
    but do you ever get the feeling
    that your perfect verse is just a lie
    you tell yourself to help you get by?

~ The Postal Service.

He traces his path backwards with nothing to begin with. The Tales of Roscar Palidyne:

Unable to Look Back

Actual I used to play it alot, its rather hard to do much of anything, and there is also a game like it called secondlife. Fun as it maybe making an actual income or any amount of money takes alot of work.

Play Flyff, its better.
    Dueling blades, Flames of dragon.
    I'm an artist, torture is a prerequisite.

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

No. Believe me, Ragnarok is the best.

...OK, maybe not. I admit, it's got me again.

PangYa is the best casual game IMO, but the idea of making real money from virtual asset is nothing new to the Thai. Kids buy and sell zeny (the currency in Ragnarok Online) by the million for as little as 10 baht. Even though the money exchange rate is around 38 baht/ 1 USD, 10 baht can actually buy you a full lunch.

I guess this game is good in a way that you actually have to know what you're doing in order to actually do something worthwhile, but I dread the day kids get hooked on this. Note that I said hooked, not just merely interested in it.

Hmm... I'm rambling. I'll stop now.
    The year's at the spring,
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The hill-side's dew-pearled;
    The lark's on the wing;
    The snail's on the thorn;

God's in his Heaven - All's right with the world...

~Pippa Passes; by Robert Browning

GP

Name
    Ekeerty Nikesh Kaia
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5'3" / 130 lbs.
    Job
    Herbalist Healer

It looks a lot like SecondLife to me. My brother-in-law plays SL and tries to make a living off of it—he does decently—but the entire concept disturbs me. Well, mainly because I know a bunch of people like my brother-in-law will become absolutely addicted to it. It's easy to do because its a commendable substitute for reality, and I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

Casually played, the game sounds great, but only as long as the player does not let the game play him. Use it to make your extra cash, but just beware the pitfalls.
    Although human subtlety makes a variety of inventions by different means to the same end, it will never devise an invention more beautiful, more simple, or more direct than does nature, because in her inventions nothing is lacking, and nothing is superfluous..

~ Leonardo DaVinci

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Sadly, I haven't heard of it, but I know that some people have made money for their World of Warcraft characters.

Hell, I even considered cashing in myself since I don't care to play it that much anymore.
    -The Althanas Chief Administrator and Editor

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

Evidently Second Life had a security breach.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

More reason to be careful about stuff like this, it seems.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China Miéville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

GP

Name
    Tyria
    Race
    Exile demon
    Hair Color
    red
    Eye Color
    red
    Build
    you'll weigh less if you keep asking
    Job
    Treasure hunter

well those games sound a little dull for my taste and they're better ways to make money, like getting a job. I really don't like MMO games since instead of improving gameplay and trying to make the experience fun they just make new gimmicks. I think the idea's sickening, gaming should be done for fun and not to make money and it's just a dumb gimmick.
    Smarter than your average demon.

Ammo:

lesser Wand of fire 5/5

lesser Wand of lightning 4/5