Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'0'' 170 lbs
    Job
    Manipulator

His feet hit the ground hard. Piles of dirt and grass flew up in the wake of Zack’s feet. Before the youth could even process exactly what was going on, he felt something hit him hard of the back. He was brought to the ground by Talen and the shadow warrior’s ability to out-teleport him. His mouth filled with the coppery taste of the ground, his back injury rang with the feeling of several bags of bricks being dropped on it. He tried to push himself up, flip around and once again put himself in an advantageous position.

That’s when the whip session commenced once more.

Zack let out a chorus of yelps each time the shadow tendrils laid into his back. He could feel the mists of blood as they spurted out of his injury. He winced and tried to catch his breath. Each time he inhaled, another loud crack filled the air and sent him involuntarily exhaling once more. He could feel each blow slowly crack the bones in his back more and more. The pain was unbearable, and Zack Blaze found himself in a position he could not think his way out of.

He had one final gamble to play; his ace in the hole. He figured that Talen would do the same thing again should the street fighter attempt to teleport out of the beat down. Instead, Zack used the stone’s ability to teleport the sword at his hip above the young Shadowalker. The hope was that Talen would be so engulfed in his sadistic rage that he would not notice the blade’s disappearance. Even if he did see that the weapon was gone, Zack hoped it would be too late by the time he realized it.

For thirty feet above the two warriors, the blade simply known as ‘The Sword’ came down, tip first, towards Talen’s right shoulder.

((Bunny approved by Hysteria))
    That's exactly what I'm talking about! You sound like a self-help book! I don't know if you're going to try to hit me or charge me $99 for your seminar! ~ Benimaru Nikaido to Ryo Sakazaki

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 5,992
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,992
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

The jolt of landing on top of Zack sent a river of pain up the youth's arm. He instinctively grabbed it with his left to stop further jolts. It was fortunate for the youth that he had additional limbs in which to repay Zack. As the tentacles began to rain down on Zack the youth felt more than a little proud of himself. The youth's volley of strikes slowed slightly as he felt the resistance of his opponent start to dwindle. His victory in his sights Talen felt a sudden shiver down his spine.

The dark aura he was projecting outwards felt the sword shoot towards him. The aura was some fifteen metres, but the sword had gathered impressive speed. The boy reacted with his own inhuman reflexes. His tentacles and legs pushed themselves into the ground and Zack and Talen's little form was sent flying through the air backwards. The boy moved in a blur, but the sword was faster. The blade caught the youth's outstretched leg, slicing neatly into his thy. The youth hit the ground hard sending himself and blade skidding through the leafy ground in a cascade of dirt and plant matter. The air filled with fine plant particles brought a damp earth fragrance to Talen's nose. The sort of one that is received when sent face first into the ground during football, a local game Talen had played in his younger years in Scara Brae. The youth had little time for reminiscing and pushed himself to his feet with the help of his shadowy appendages. Talen's face was calm, passive even as he stood there, still clutching his right arm. A trail of blood running down his left leg showed where the sword had struck.

The youth's body started to glow, a dark energy rippling outwards form his skin. The wound on his leg knitted closed, the only mark remaining was the torn pant leg and trail of blood. The boy let go of his damaged arm, slowly lifting the damaged limb and flexing his hand slightly. The wound was still there, but for now he could move it again. The effort had nearly expended the youth's formidable healing prowess, but he considered it worth it, even if it was just for appearances.

“That really itches.” He said, lowering his hand and turning his eyes to Zack.

EXP: 34,842, Level: 7
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next level: 158
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next level: 158
    GP

Name
    Zack Blaze
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'0'' 170 lbs
    Job
    Manipulator

He heard the sword make contact, but knew it was not in the desired area. He could even hear Talen’s magic stitching the wound back up rather quickly. Zack smiled as he continued to lay prone on the ground. The street fighter’s mind told his body to push his form off the ground to no avail. He could tell that Talen injured his back to the point that the young and ambitious Zack Blaze was now somewhat paralyzed.

He looked as the blades of grass blew in the wind, his eyes closed in anticipation of Talen’s final maneuver. When one did not come, Zack let out a small laugh, puddles of blood oozed from his mouth as he cackled. “You don’t get it…do you…” Zack tried to speak loud enough for the shadow warrior to hear.

“The sword wasn’t meant to kill you Shadowalker. It was meant to stop those stupid tendrils.” Zack snickered once more and his head shifted to keep his nose from the inhalation of his own blood. “I… won that in the LCC. It’s not a normal sword. Makai.”

The last word would not make sense to Talen, but made perfect sense to Zack. Behind the Ixian, a large, black Ogre appeared from out of the woods, picking up the sword. As soon as he obtained the weapon, the eight foot giant launched himself towards Zack with a might jump. His landing beside the boy caused a small crater to spear in his wake, and literally jettisoned the street fighter up a few feet. The tree trunk like arm of the foul smelling beast wrapped around the waist of his master. The duo then turned to face the man who had so soundly defeated Zack Blaze.

“I just wanted to make sure you couldn’t follow me. ….This isn’t the end Shadowalker, not by…a long shot,” as Zack spoke the final words, he began to cough up more pools of blood. “Makai, let’s go.” The demon spawn obeyed quickly, his knees bent as he jumped into the darkness the trees provided. Zack was too weak to continue the battle, but even he knew when he was beaten. His body jerked each time his ‘slave’ landed on another piece of ground, his form similar to that of a little girl’s doll. Makai would take him back to Misery Business headquarters; get the young man’s body healed up. The whole trek through, Zack had come to realize something.

His enemy was not just Kyla Orlouge; but all of the Ixian Knights.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about! You sound like a self-help book! I don't know if you're going to try to hit me or charge me $99 for your seminar! ~ Benimaru Nikaido to Ryo Sakazaki

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    This wasn't the best writing I've seen out of you two. It seemed rushed and clearly neither of you proof read your posts. Since Open Office came out, I don't think I've seen writing on Althanas with so many spelling, grammar and usage errors. Since you are veterans, I'll limit commentary to areas where your scores differ. ZB is Zack Blaze and HY is Hysteria.

Zack Blaze Hysteria Notes
    Story 3 4 ZB: Although I appreciate your attempt at continuity between rounds, the "Zack runs into the woods to chase Kyla" did not meld well with the "Talen's here to prove himself" motif.
    Setting 4 4
    Pacing 5 4 HY: Mechanics hurt you here. While the battle moved along at a brisk pace, I kept finding myself having to re-read portions of your posts because you omitted or misspelled a word. Please proofread a bit more thoroughly in the future, my good man.
    Communication 4 4
    Action 3 4 ZB: While it's certainly not powergaming, your usage of Zack's LCC trinkets was suspect. Your posts were anticlimatic without a bit more explanation of what the trickets are, how they work, and how you obtained them.
    Persona 4 4
    Mechanics 3 3
    Clarity 4 3 HY: "The moment' Zack's disappeared his grip on Talen's right arm was released and the limb feel to the youth's side side limply." Um what? Unfortunately this wasn't the only omitted word that caused me trouble.
    Technique 4 4
    Wildcard 5 3 HY: Since the battle was incomplete, I took your posting delays into account in the score.
    Total 39/100 37/100

Zack Blaze wins!

Zack Blaze advances to Round 3!
    Hysteria is very much alive in Round 2 of the Redemption Bracket!

Zack Blaze earns 2475 EXP and 47 GP
    Hysteria earns 825 EXP and 44 GP.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    EXP & GP Added!
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12