Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile

Redemption Brakcet: Ciato Orlouge Vs Play Back

Matches begin tonight at midnight, Central Standard Time, and last for two weeks! After a no-show opponent and a half-hearted Chibimon trainer, Sei Orlouge's elder brother and his army's psychiatrist square off in a one-on-one duel. Lets see who lives and who dies, shall we? Begin!
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 2,818, Level: 2
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 2,182
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,182
    GP

Name
    Play Back
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    White predominantly.
    Eye Color
    Platinum, hidden behind a mask.
    Build
    4'10'', 109 lbs

As I stood before the mighty Ciato Orlouge, I could not help but think of what had happened to his brother only days before.

I had been engaged in a routine practice fight with Hsa Eulb, a good friend to Sei Orlouge and ally to the Ixian Knights. Something had been up with the boy however, and he instead assaulted both Sei and myself (The mute Mystic had tagged along to see how much I had progressed). I remember my leap towards Sei as he was in the process of being squeezed to death by the psycho psychic's tentacle monster, my hand barely grazing the orange haired Ixian leader as I missed my opportunity to pull him out of harms way. When I rose up, Sei had disappeared, and in my hands were a pair of sai; one was completely colored orange, and the other was colored blue.

Somehow, with these new weapons, I was able to incapacitate Hsa and save the day, but it was not until the fight was finished that I had found out the true origin of the small weapons. They glowed in my hands, connected with one another and with a bright flash of light, materialized into the form of Sei Orlouge. The Mystic seemed just as mystified by what had unfolded as I was, and after some research, had discovered a startling fact about me. Apparently, I have had latent psychic powers within myself or a while now, and my urge to rescue the Hero of Radasanth, combined with Hsa's own powerful mental abilities awoke in my my dormant skills. After a day or two of practice, I was able to materialize the sai without the use of Sei's physical body, a feat that the Ixian leader thought was too advanced at my stage quite yet.

Tht was why he had sent me to Ciato.

The Mad Mystic as he was called had a penchant for bringing up the best in dormant abilities. I had heard rumors that Ciato had been the sole reason the new leader of the Ixian Knights, Kyla Orlouge, had been able to craft nearly any weapon she could think of through her shadow magic. Likewise, I knew that Ciato's plethora of chldren each had special skillsets brought to the surface due to the harsh and unique training that their father provided. He was a lot like a sensei in that sense only most sensei did not actively try to kill you during training. Maybe that was the reason Ciato was so skilled at his craft, and maybe that was also the reason the alabaster bastard brought me to such a desolate location today.

We stood in what remained or Terrinore, a famous prison located in the island nation of Lornius. Apparently after securing second place in the Lornius Corporate Championship, Ciato had been given a free pass of sorts to visit the xenophobic country whenever he deemed fit. This was a lot like giving a wolf the key to the chicken coop, but it was not my place to judge, especially if it helped me hone these new abilities of mine. Prison bars were littered across the floor, a atwalk just several feet behind my temporary teacher laid crashed on the ground with shards of broken glass surrounding it. I could smell the distinct stench of Draug Remi's blood, a vile concoction to anybody who touched it. It was obvious that only a couple of months ago, something big had gone down here, but I only had rumors to go off of.

"So...Mister Ciato, Sir..." I spoke with my head bowed, remembering Sei's lecture about letting the Ghost of Fallien think himself my superior, "What are we going to do first?"

EXP: 13,140, Level: 4
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next level: 860
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next level: 860
    GP

Name
    Ciato Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'9'', 152 lbs
    Job
    Entreprenuer

Ciato tapped the end of his blade against the heel of his shoe. A metallic clank-like sound reverberated all around as the Alabaster Bastard eyed the boy suspiciously. 'Play Back' stared back at the Mystic, his dual sais at the ready. Ciato admired the child's lust for combat, though with such small weapons, the boy would never get to have a solo within the symphony of slaughter that the pale Mystic was so accustomed to. He tried to look the therapist in the eyes, a task that was very difficult thanks to the black mask that hid the youngling's features.

"Those pathetic thing---"

"Sailent Seis," The youth interrupted.

"Excuse me?"

"That's their name. I got them from Sei, and so it seems fitting to call them Sailent Seis. Get it?" Play Back held the weapons up and spun them between each digit, "It's because they're sais and---"

"I get the joke," Ciato sighed, his head quickly joining his hand for a brief meeting of exasperation, "If you want to become a master in your art, you're going to want to use more than just the....Sailent Seis..." The last part of the statement was spoken between grit teeth. The Mystic was already frustrated with the warrior before him, and would be quite surprised if today did not end with Pay Back's head no longer atop his neck. "You need to have more weapons, which means you have to befriend more people. I will aid myself to this cause of yours, but not without a price."

"Been meaning to ask you that anyways, Mr. Ciato. What's in this for you? From all the stories I have heard, you don't do anything without some sort of ulterior motive."

Ciato sighed again. "It's simple really, Sei agreed to fight me if I help you."

"He WHAT?!"

"Yes."

"And you thought that was a good idea?!"

"Yes."

"You know he has laser vision, right?"

"Yes."

"And is a walking solar battery?"

"Thaynes be damned, YES! I know all of this, but I still wish to test my mettle against the strongest man I know, is that so wrong?!"

"Mister Ciato?"

"Yes, What?!" Ciato was more than frustrated at this point

"I just got you to admit Sei was strong, perhaps stronger than you." The child snickered.

Yep. He's definitely going to be headless by the end of this.

((Play Back withdraws from the Magus Cup to allow Ciato Orlouge to advance.))

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Ciato Orlogue advances to Round 4 of the Redemption Bracket.

Play Back is eliminated.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949