Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'0'' 170 lbs
    Job
    Manipulator

Zack’s eyes moved up to the form of the eating Ciato and opened the book he was reading before this all went down. The tome in question was a book about controlling the ogre known affectionately by Zack as Makai. So far, the boy had only found the order to allow Makai to appear quick enough to take a shot for the smaller form of Zack. If he could decipher some more of the text, perhaps he could have a permanent partner for battle.

Dust clouds rolled back from whence they came as Zack read and pulled the pages in the opposite direction like it were a manga. A spare hand went to his stomach as it made the strangest sound in history; a reverse gurgle. It had been quite a while since Zack had last eaten, and he was so busy with discovering new facts about his minion, that he had lost track of time. Mentally, Zack Blaze laughed as he heard himself speak in reverse words.

“Man, I could really go for a blueberry muffin right about now…”
    That's exactly what I'm talking about! You sound like a self-help book! I don't know if you're going to try to hit me or charge me $99 for your seminar! ~ Benimaru Nikaido to Ryo Sakazaki

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    I like the general idea here, but your choice to keep thoughts and dialogue moving forward while actions moved backwards made particular parts of this battle confusing. If you try this in the future, it might be worthwhile to write it in a more omnipresent "Tolkien-like" style. One part I admittedly liked that would only be possible VIA backwards storytelling, was the realization that this fight started over a muffin. Kudos for the twist.

Scores are below. I chose Blaze to advance because I think you displayed better character with him. Moreover, as written, the twist that I liked was attributed to him. Accordingly, Blaze will advance to the Redemption Bracket semi-finals.

Zack Blaze | Ciato Orlouge

Story - 5 | 5
    Setting - 5 | 5
    Pacing - 5 | 5
    Action - 4 | 4
    Communication - 5 | 5
    Persona - 6 | 5
    Mechanics - 6 | 6
    Technique - 6 | 6 (for the inventive storytelling, not necessarily traditional writing techniques, but I thought it more appropriate to add extra points here rather than story)
    Clarity - 4 | 4
    Wildcard - 5 | 5
    Total - 51/100 | 50/100

Zack Blaze advances to the Redemption semi-finals v. the loser of ToT v. Roht Mirage.
    Ciato Orlouge is eliminated.

I'm on a slight time crunch, so Lye will add rewards.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Zack Blaze Gets:

2,000 EXP
    100 GP

Ciato Orlouge Gets:

600 EXP
    50 GP

EXP & GP Added!
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12