Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow heard light footsteps approaching him and turned to see who it was. It was a surprise to him as he saw Gavner approaching. The sun was at its peak, the time when it would be most deadly to Vampires. Black Shadow shot Gavner a concerned look. After over a year of friendship Gavner needs but a look from Black Shadow to know what he is thinking.

"Don't worry my friend." He said as he pulled down on his cloak, revealing a skin tight black material. A look of curiosity replaced Black Shadow's look of concern. "This a suit made of 'statur solis'. It is a skin tight suit that protects me from the sun."

Black Shadow motioned Gavner to approach the edge of the railing. Gavner approached the railing and began to explain what had happened earlier. He explained the situation with Vir and how he obtained the suit, and he showed Black Shadow a vial of an anti-seasickness potion. Black Shadow nodded and was happy that Gavner found a way to stay in the sun.

Black Shadow turned his gaze to the sea once more, where something caught his eye. He focused his sight, watching the object. From the distance, Black Shadow could make out a ship of some sort. He looked to Gavner, and motioned with his hands as if he was using a telescope. Gavner rushed to find him one, returning to Black Shadow within minutes. Black Shadow stretched the telescope and aimed it in the same direction as the ship he noticed, and had not taken his eyes off of. He searched the ship for anything to determine friend or foe. Then his eyes fell upon it... The flag of The Black Sails Armada. Black Shadow quickly shut the telescope and turned to Gavner, a worried look on his face. Gavner took the telescope from Black Shadow and looked through the telescope. The two locked eyes for a few seconds, then they both rushed to the captain's quarters.
    "The lives of others are more important than my own."
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

EXP: 5,427, Level: 3
    Level completed: 11%, EXP required for next level: 3,573
    Level completed: 11%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,573
    GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Half Angel
    Hair Color
    dirty blonde
    Eye Color
    Glowing Blue
    Build
    5'8" 125 lbs
    Job
    healer

The farmer led Drake and Koli into the center of the small village. There were mostly residential buildings but there was a large building in the center and several other buildings presumed to be stores. Drake and Koli were looking around but Drake jumped just about four feet as a loud bell rang from behind him and Koli. The farmer was now ringing a large bell which was in the center of the town. Villagers came rushing to the square and gathered in a circle around Drake, Koli, and the farmer who was still ringing the bell. When a very large group had amassed the farmer stopped and walked over to Drake and Koli.

"People of Rabinrast," the farmer shouted. "We are now saved. These two men are heroes, and they have come to rescue us from our monster problem!" Koli and Drake looked at each other and the people gathered around the square began to murmur.

"What makes you think we believe this? How do we know they are heroes!" An angry villager shouted.

"This one in the white fought off ten men at once, I saw it with my own eyes!"

"Lies!"

"Victor can never be trusted!"

"This is a waste of time."

The villagers began to leave and the farmer, Victor, began to realize that stopping them was a lost cause. Turning to Drake and Koli he said "It's okay, you guys can stay with me tonight. I know we are safe now if the monsters attack again."
    "To heal and restore life is greater a job than all the rest"
    -Drake

Character Theme Song: "Made To Love"

EXP: 5,075, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next level: 3,925
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,925
    GP

Name
    Koli
    Race
    human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    white
    Build
    5'7"
    Job
    ex-monk

"Never give up an opportunity to help someone. You never know, that could be what saves their life." Jalaphar said to Koli. Jalaphar's teachings always made sense to him. Maybe it was the way that Jalaphar said everything, in a simple manner. All he knew was that the teaching came to help Koli at times.

"You must always be ready for a fight, even if you don't expect it." had been used countless times by Koli. It did not matter where he went, Koli was ready for a battle. Even when he was 'safe' in the monastery, Koli would be ready to conjure a sword at a moment's notice.

"All evil has good. Whether you choose to see that good or not rests in your hands."

Koli lie on the sack stuffed with corn husks that was fashioned for him by the farmer. He had not spoken a word since he met Drake and he was silent everywhere he went. He now lay in his makeshift bed with his eyes closed, listening for a sound outside. He listened for the slightest sign of struggle but none came. Koli waited for about ten minutes or so with no sign of anything being wrong, then it hit him.

A feeling that something had gone terribly wrong shot through his chest and all of his limbs. The intensity of the feeling forced him to sit bolt upright. Immediately Koli was on his feet shaking Drake awake.

"Huh-wha!?" Drake groaned as he woke. Koli motioned for Drake to follow him and sped out the door before any questions could be asked. Koli was soon in the square with Drake on his heels. They came into the town square to find that nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Drake looked at Koli, but it was difficult for Koli to read his expression.

Underneath that expressionless face, however, Drake was actually admiring Koli. Drake was admiring Koli's insight for the future, and wondering how much he could learn from the priest...
    Last edited by Koli; 11-08-14 at 01:12 AM.

EXP: 31,824, Level: 7
    Level completed: 61%, EXP required for next level: 3,176
    Level completed: 61%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,176
    GP

Name
    Gavner Nahs
    Race
    Full blooded vampire
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6 feet tall, weight unknown
    Job
    Vampire general

"What, what do you want? What is so urgent that you must interrupt my mid-day nap?"

The captain had been in his quarters with a sign on his door that read 'Do not disturb!" Naturally the captain had crew members to watch the door and make sure the order was fulfilled, but when Gavner and Black Shadow would not let it go the sailor had no choice but to reluctantly admit the two men. As soon as the door opened the captain jolted awake and rambled something about a war, but then realized that he was in his quarters.

"Sir, we have sighted a hostile ship on the horizon. which is bound to intercept us." Gavner said, wasting no time.

"Listen son, I have been on these waters ever since I was a wee lad. We can out-sail any ship that comes our way."

"Sir, I do not believe you understand the gravity of the situation." Gavner urged.

"Son, I am fifty-four years old. You are, what, eighteen? Nineteen? I am much more experienced in this field than you."

"Captain," Gavner said ignoring the comment about his age. "This is no ordinary ship. It was flying the Black Sails Armada banner."

The captain's eyes grew wide and one of them twitched. "Aye, they're back for me!"

"All hands on deck!" The captain shouted, bursting out of his quarters in his striped pajamas and night cap. "Passengers report to lower deck and await further instructions."

"Sir," Gavner said stopping the captain. "Black Shadow and I insist on helping."

"Very well, you can start by bringing me my uniform."

Black Shadow rushed off to the captain's quarters as a crew member asked Gavner to assist with the unfurling of the sails. Kicking off his boots Gavner flinched and expected to feel pain in his bare feet, but none came. He had forgotten the suit that Vir had given to him. The vampire prince had said the suit covered the vampire's body with a protective material that blocked all rays from the sun from his skin. The suit was also very unique in the sense that it would secret a special gas over the vampire's face, hands, and feet that had the same effect.

Leaping up onto the mast Gavner sank his sharp nails into the soft wood. He climbed up the massive support and reached the sail at the top. While he was up there Gavner looked out over the horizon and saw that the ship was now a small spec on the water. He no longer needed a telescope. Gavner descended from the mast and found the captain to be giving orders like a very experienced sea man. Commanding the crew in his uniform, the sea dog looked to be twenty years younger.

"Captain," Gavner said, "what did you mean by 'they're back for you?'"

"Aye when I was younger I came across the Black Sails Armada but once. The battle was vicious but in the end our ship had less damage. We broke free and sailed away to tell the tale."

"We will sail away to tell this tale as well."
    "Even in death may you be triumphant"
    -Larten Crepsley

"The world hurts us all in one way or another, but we can hurt ourselves to. If you follow your destiny, you stand a chance of knowing true happiness. If you hide from it, you will never be content."
    -Brother Lawrence

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

"Captain, if we don't turn this ship we will not survive!" One of the crew members shouted over the sounds of men hurrying to complete tasks and ready for battle. "Their ship is has more firepower, we don't even have a cannon!"

"Silence! we maintain course, do not steer the ship astray." The captain answered in his firm and decisive voice.

"Yes sir." The sailor said beginning to help another.

"Aye, I'm afraid he may be right. We might not survive this fight."

Black Shadow listened to the captain speak these degrading words. He knew this battle would be tough, but he had all confidence in this crew. Black Shadow turned back to the Black Sail's ship. It was fast, and closing in on them. The sun set quickly as the ship closed in. By this time the sun had already become halfway below the sealine. There was a beautiful orange sky and the ocean was still. There was not a wave above twenty feet tall in sight. There was a beautiful shine from the light of the sun that rested upon the top of the water. It was like a painting, only this was real, and one of the most beautiful scenes Black Shadow had ever watched. He easily forgot about the approaching ship.

Black Shadow snapped out of his trance by the sounds of a cannon. Black Shadow's senses went haywire, a sharp ring filling his ear as the cannonball hit the ocean, the smell of gunpowder, all filling his mind at once. It was dark, at least an hour after he first laid eyes on the sunset. Gavner placed his hand on Black Shadow's shoulder. Shadow nearly threw Gavner overboard, but the sight of his friend saved him a night of mourning.

"Black Shadow, come, we have to help the ship." Gavner said. Black Shadow ran down to the edge of the ship, where multiple cast iron hooks were thrown and the Black Sail's ship began to pull the merchant ship closer. A few pirates loaded onto the merchant ship corralling the crew. Then the captain boarded, walking with his head high.

"You all belong to me now. surrender and I will let you live. Resist... and you all die." The captain said. Then a voice came up from the crowd.

"Over my dead body." it was the captain.

"Let that man through." The pirate captain ordered. The crew made a path and the captain walked into the circle. "Ah, Captain Jack Callaghan, we meet again. You know, you won't get away again."

"You must not have remembered the last battle." Captain Jack said with a smirk on his face. "Howland Pyle, this battle will go into the history books."

"So it will be a battle then? So be it." Howland said as he ripped his sword from its sheath.
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Half Angel
    Hair Color
    dirty blonde
    Eye Color
    Glowing Blue
    Build
    5'8" 125 lbs
    Job
    healer

"Koli, what's wrong?"

Drake silently observed the mysterious figure who had saved his life. The hooded figure continued to gaze off into the darkness, and Drake was wondering what he was thinking. Koli's expression was not visible through the extra shadows cast by his hood, but Drake had a feeling it was confusion.

"If you have a bad feeling, we will wait out here. Okay?" Drake said to Koli. The entity nodded and stood attentively.

Who is he? Drake wondered to himself. He must have been a part of something greater once before... Just as I am...

[Hey Gabriel,] Drake said telepathically calling to one of his mentoring angels. [Do you know anything about Koli?]

Drake stood in silence for several minutes. He did not expect an immediate answer, so he began to enjoy the crisp air of the night. Looking at the bell in the center of the town square Drake noticed frost on the brass structure. It was clearly very cold out. Drake hoped Koli was warm enough.

[I will see what I can find out,] Gabriel replied.

Drake heard a soft howling noise off in the distance, something was not right...
    Last edited by dracoboy8; 11-19-14 at 06:40 AM.
    -Drake

EXP: 5,075, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next level: 3,925
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,925
    GP

Name
    Koli
    Race
    human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    white
    Build
    5'7"
    Job
    ex-monk

"Koli, remain focused. If you lose focus in a battle for one second, it may be the end of your life." Jalaphar said.

"Yes High priest." Koli replied, regaining his focus.

"Please Koli, call me Jalaphar, I am not higher than you. Now, watch my movement, see how I attack, react, do not think about the attack." Jalaphar instructed as he attempted to stab Koli with his sword. Koli watched and stepped to the left, his foot just behind Jalaphar's foot, and elbowed Jalaphar in the back. "Good good, that's exactly what You must do.

Koli remained silent, keeping to his thoughts. Suddenly the howling noise was closer than before. Koli began to look around the square. Everything was now locked in dead silence. The calm before the battle.

Leaping for the bell, Koli landed just as screams could be heard from the suburbs of the village. Every inch of his body told him to run to them as fast as he could to help. Pain seemed to be a magnet to him so he could help whoever was hurting. Distant struggle and the sound of agony brought Koli to the realization that they were beyond saving. The sharp cry of the cold bell rang out throughout the village; enough to awaken even the dead. It was eerie as a painful call, but invigorating as the urgent call of a savior. The battle against the monsters had begun.
    Last edited by Koli; 11-19-14 at 04:30 PM.

EXP: 31,824, Level: 7
    Level completed: 61%, EXP required for next level: 3,176
    Level completed: 61%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,176
    GP

Name
    Gavner Nahs
    Race
    Full blooded vampire
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6 feet tall, weight unknown
    Job
    Vampire general

Vicious battle was consuming both ships. Most of the fight was on the merchant ship, but some of Callaghan's crew had managed to push their assailents onto the Black Sails Armada ship. Each side seemed to be evenly matched but Gavner could tell that he fight was taking its toll on Captain Jack's men. The crew was not used to the pirates' ferocious fighting style; they were tiring quickly. Gavner realized that he had to do something more if his side was going to be victorious.

Gavner was up on the mast of the merchant ship. Captain Jack had stationed him here with Black Shadow up in the crow's nest, not only to provide cover for his friend but also to keep enemies from damaging the mast beyond repair. "I need you fresh and rejuvenated in case we begin to tire too badly," The aged captain had said. Gavner did not want to argue with the captain so he reluctantly had waited here for the duration of the battle. Every now and then he would let go of the mast and squish a pirate below but that was the extent of his action.

"That's an hour lads, bring out the guns!" Somebody yelled from below. The pirates all cheered and several retreated. Some of Callaghan's crew followed to attack and some waited to catch their breath.

Gavner hung onto the mast and it registered to him what was happening. The enemy had realized they could not defeat the merchant ship without a reasonable profit unless they had additional help. If they had continued fighting the way they were, they would undoubtedly win but their body count would be to high. Noticing this Gavner shouted to the crew to get down but it was too late by then.

Cannon fire above deck amplified the commotion tenfold. Canister fire, explosive shots, and fragments were flying everywhere. Sailors were being killed or wounded left or right and Gavner could not simply wait on the mast.

"Captain," Gavner shouted to Callaghan, "we will be mauled if those cannons are not taken out!"

"Aye lad," the captain shouted back, "get your lazy rear to my cabin and retrieve the explosive shots from my chest!"

Happy to be making himself useful Gavner dropped from the mast and dashed for the captain's quarters. A few of the pirates had jumped back on the merchant ship and one of them caught sight of Gavner. The assailant tailed the young vampire until both enemies jumped a foot in the air from a nearby explosive cannonball that missed them by feet. While the sailor was in a daze Gavner took his opportunity and slipped off into the captain's room. Not bothering to use the handle Gavner smashed through the door and searched for a chest the captain had spoken about.

The captain lived in a tidy set up with a desk in the center, a bed on the right, and a bookshelf on the left of the room. No chest. Gavner ran to the bed and turned over the mattress. There was no sign of any chest or special containment units. Hurrying to the desk Gavner began to rumage through the drawers. He found a trunk underneath the set of drawers on the right side of the desk. Pulling it out Gavner upened it up to find several articals inside. Most of what was inside seemed to be maps and pictures, but among them was a single knife and a quiver filled with arrows.

Grabbing the quiver Gavner slung it across his back and started back to the battle. He sprinted to the mast and leapt up ten feet up the large wooden pole. Using his hands and feet to pull himself up he reached the mast in no time. Shadow was busy cutting down foes one at a time with arrows. Gavner delivered his precious cargo as the cannonfire below began to increase. It would take a lot to pull through this battle in one piece.
    "Even in death may you be triumphant"
    -Larten Crepsley

"The world hurts us all in one way or another, but we can hurt ourselves to. If you follow your destiny, you stand a chance of knowing true happiness. If you hide from it, you will never be content."
    -Brother Lawrence

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow was running out of arrows fast. With every shot fired, he became more and more conservative, firing only upon men who had the upper hand on some of the merchant ship's best fighters. He began the battle with almost two hundred fifty arrow and now had less than thirty. When Gavner left the mast and headed towards the captain's quarters, some Pirates decided to climb the mast, trying to reach Black Shadow.

He removed another arrow from his quiver and fired it at the men below. The steel tip pierced its target square in the eye, sending him tumbling back down the large oak mast. Two other men were forced to jump off from the fall, and three more decided to join in on the climb. Black Shadow began to quickly let arrows fly until he reached back to find that he had one left. The thought of him not having an arrow scared him, but he knew he had no choice. He notched the last arrow and aimed it to the men below.

Gavner almost found himself dead for the second time in the day. His face was inches from Black Shadow's arrow tip, and Shadow had nearly released it. He put the arrow away and helped Gavner into the crow's nest, cannons firing left and right.

"Here, take these. Target those cannons, if we don't take care of them, then we will certainly lose this battle." Gavner said handing Black Shadow the quiver of arrows. Gavner's facial expression turned to that of awe as he watched Black Shadow take out the cannons with ease. He took out three cannons in the matter of five seconds, hardly even looking at the target. Black Shadow readied another arrow and turned to fire at the next cannon, elbowing Gavner in the face. He turned to give Gavner an annoyed look on his face, but saw him fall over the railing and barely catch himself.

"Sorry, I'll go and kill some more bad guys." Gavner shouted, sliding down the mast clenching his nose.

Black Shadow fired a few more arrow, taking out a few more cannons. then the sound of splitting wood came to Black Shadow's ears. the mast had been struck by the final cannon that was left. The wood pole began to fall, and Shadow was at the top of it. He focused, placed the final arrow on his bow string, jumped , and fired. The arrow soared through the air and hit its target. The cannon was disabled and the battle was even again. Now Black Shadow was faced with a new challenge: not die upon impact with the ground. He turned his back to the ground, landing on his upper back and rolling twice. The impact nearly nocked him out. He lay there, unable to move.
    ~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Half Angel
    Hair Color
    dirty blonde
    Eye Color
    Glowing Blue
    Build
    5'8" 125 lbs
    Job
    healer

Before he could think Drake was in the outskirts of the village to help. Koli had run up ahead and was obliterating monsters. They were coming in groups of three or four at a time, all different shapes and sizes. Some came in forms of Minotaurs with double edged executioner axes, others came as werewolves. Some were skeletons, and several of the monsters seen were even dragons. There was no specific type that came, but they were not stopping their advance. No matter how big or powerful the monster was, Koli always felled it in a swift single or double motion.

It is as if he knows every weak spot of all the monsters... Drake thought, He takes them down almost instantly.

With Koli leading and Drake close behind they made it to one of the houses which the first cry was heard from. More and more monsters were coming in from outside the perimeter of the town, but they seemed to be ignoring this house. "You go in and protect the city, I will help those in need out here." Drake said to Koli.

Koli gave a short not and disappeared without wasting a second. Going into the one-roomed house Drake found several people wounded. There was a man, two boys and one woman who were all injured. There was a small girl who was weeping in a corner of the house; she seemed to be unscathed. Drake began to tend to their wounds with the medical supplies in his bag and tried to assure them that they would be okay. One of the two boys had been critically injured in the abdomen and was losing blood fast. Drake wrapped up the open wound with bandages but he was turning a pale grey color. The boy and his family were all in shock from what had most of happened, then Drake saw it. On the table there was a teenage boy, presumably the age of about seventeen or eighteen. He had blonde hair and his eyes were gazing off in to space at something far beyond the ceiling. His facial expression was as plain as could be and his mouth was slightly ajar.

Suddenly the youth seemed so different from all others Drake had encountered. Through his experience, Drake had not experienced the death of a teenager before. It was very morbid, and very disturbing.

[Drake,] Gabriel said, [you are never going to believe what I found...]
    -Drake

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast