Hair Color
    Blond
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    127lbs./5'6
    Job
    Actress

What had transpired was a shock the shackled woman behind Aerith. How Alydia managed to floor Marduk with but a touch was beyond her scope of reasoning. Humbled by the elven beauty and writhing Marduk caved in his own way, and all Samantha could do was gape her mouth in awe.

Yet Aerith needed more than humbling a brute by mere touch to impress her. Not to say what the dark elf did wasn't impressive, it highly was and aerith made a mental note to add that ability to her list of concerns. However as a daughter of the Goddess of Blessed Torture, the bar was quite understandably high. She merely drank her cup down and sighed pleasurably. It was quite presumptuous of the tiefling and the shaman to demand anything from the Cult, but the party was already over. She got what she wanted out of this meeting.

The wheelchair squeaked as she rolled backwards, Samantha quickly grabbing the handles and aiding her as she made way for the exit, stopping before Alydia. "I have enjoyed our time together Ms. Ettermire, we should get together with tea and pastries when this is over and discuss a more lucrative business venture." Samantha politely nodded as she rotated the chair to address the other two in the room. She gave them a charming smile, but the vileness in her eyes couldn't be contained. True, they would no doubt care not one wit about her gave or anything about her for that matter, but it was a necessary reminder that she represented one of the strongest families in the world.

"Mr. Drak'shal I hope that my Cultists will be of use to you, and in the future you will consider us again when you are fully in control of the Red Hand. As for you Marduk," Aerith turned away allowing herself to be pushed away. "I would be mindful of the lesson Alydia taught you gratefully about barking at your betters. My sister will be there and you can see for yourself how she'll bring it the way you like it."

She left the meeting at that. Genuine parting for Alydia, a casual reminder to Aurelianas that theCult was watching, but not opposed to his plans or goals. To expect respect from the tiefling was just a simple matter of knowing it wouldn't happen. His kind grew up in a society of might makes right, or so she had been told. Which reminded her. She lifted a hand in pause, and turned her head to the demon man.

"My sister, Catherine, would like you to pass a message for her to your ally, Ms. Freebird, and her company. A simple warm greeting and the promise to shed more blood in the coming months. She has not forgotten her debt to Madison, and the Cult always pays their debts."

As the chair moved forwards once again Aerith returned to her thoughts, unsure what plans she should proceed with. There was a palpable feeling in the air as the events that took place seemed to be off. Something in the air was wrong, but she could not find the source, so she left it at that for now. When she wheeled into her room she sighed heavily dismissing Samantha with a wave of her hand.

"What a miserable waste of time. I should not have had high expectations, but thats always been my weakness. I expect far too much sometimes." Samantha said nothing as her chains rattled in the air behind the cripple. Aerith removed her boots with some strain, feeling nothing in her legs as she huffed bending over to release the ties. "Alydia was just as i expected; efficient, organized, prepared. But the other two i would have liked to see more subtly in their veiled threats. Marduk's desire to show power was a boon for me, but leaves me far less confident in his abilities than i would like."

She moved herself off the chair just a bit, angling to remove her corset when a feeling washed over her that made her jump in alarm. Fingers gripped the intricate lacing and ripped the backing off, causing pain in her chest. She looked to see a frightened Samantha looking to one in her mistress' bed chambers. She followed the trail to see her dear sister, feral mask on her face as she breathed heavily in and out, nostrils flaring. Spit collected at the side of her mouth and she looked ready to kill as she angrily tossed the laces aside.

"Hello, Cat," Aerith purred. She made no indication of the concern she felt when her sister was like this. It was a risky gamble, but she found a way to calm her sister even in the worst of moods. It wasn't a solution she minded herself either. Her fingers gently lifted up and brushed her sisters. She snatched them away, glaring daggers at the cripple. Aerith remained calm. "You are troubled, sister. What is wrong?"

"I want to murder them all," she seethed. "This plotting and posturing, it's all meaningless." Her hand went to her ax, but this time Aerith insisted her fingers lock with her sisters. There was a tense moment as the crimson angel looked to the grip, but she sagged her shoulders and gripped lightly back, a longing sigh escaping her lips.

"Patience is not your virtue, i know this, but this is how the game is played. They all showed exactly how much they were willing to show at that meeting, just as I had."

"There reputations means nothing when there is an axe in their heads!" She shouted and slammed her fist in the dresser, shattering the top shelf. She seethed looking to the blood that dripped down her knuckles. She quickly brought her hand to her mouth and licked the blood, before Aerith took it in her hand. She saw her opportunity clear as day.

"You are very wound up, Sweetheart, why is that?" Aerith said softly, rubbing her thumb against her sister's hand. Catherine looked side to side, before she lowered her head. Her heaving was replaced with deep sighs before her fingers lazily began to rub her sisters.

"I just," she started. "I wanted to ensure i could kill Astarelle, but it never came up. You let the dark elven whore have her. I want to teach that sand slut not to trifle to with Avatar of Blessed Torture!" Aerith brought her sister in for a hug, wrapping her arms around her. The woman's heart paced li,e a race horse and Aerith merely ran a finger through her hair. She soothed the beast despertely crawling out of Catherine.

"There will be time for that, dear sister. But you have to play your part for now. Will Taka Benjiro do for now?"

"It will have to," Catherine muttered with no enthusiasm. Aerith pulled back and let her fingers reach the back of her sisters head. Admittedly, her heart fluttered to be close to her sister like this. Usually she was always the instigator, but this time Aerith was surprised her sister pressed her lips against hers. They kissed for a moment, hands running up and down, before Catherine broke it off. She smiled, brokenly, to Aerith, before she moved to the window and cast it open with a flick of her wrist. "I must go, mother just summoned me," she snapped the words with wrath.

"Do NOT go see mother angry," Aerith warned. Catherine sighed, but nodded in agreeance. In a beat of wings of she was gone. Aerith looked out the window, longing for her sisters touch, but instead that feeling suddenly returned. No doubt spies of the others saw her sister fly away. Some must even known they kissed. It wasn't the end of the world knowledge, but it was an unnecessary showing of weakness.

This whole conference was starting to become bothersome. She adjusted on the chair and looked to Samantha. "When do we leave?" She asked sternly. Samantha quickly responded, her chains dragging as she raced forwards.

"Cultists are ready at a moments notice. We have one mage in the area who can teleport us back to Moth-" Samantha stopped talking the second the word slipped. Aerith's eyes widened. The child shrank looking away. Aerith wheeled her chair over quickly.

"Finish your thoughts," Aerith said lightly.

"At the mansion. They could teleport us back to the mansion." Samantha was bad at hiding things and Aerith smiled.

"Yes," she said slyly. "Let's go make haste and return to mother, shall we?" Aerith smiled as Samantha gathered their things, taking joy that it was possible this trip wasn't a waste afterall...
    What is this
    I'll kill you all just for fun and games
    And in the most cruel way, sacrifice you
    What a shame
    no escape
    Even if you cry out
    there's no one
    nothing but violence can save the world.

wailing wailing a loud cry of pain or rage or sorrow and with a wonderful singing voice unbridled
    wailing wailing a loud cry of pain or rage or sorrow and with a wonderful singing voice I was beside myself

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    EXP: 25,718, Level: 6
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next level: 1,282
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,282
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Black sclera, with yellow irises and slit pupils
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job
    Warlock, Soul Broker, Anarchist, Planewalker, Fleshcrafter

View Profile
    Aurelianus smirked as the party wound down, and his guests took their leave.

None of them got more than a cursory nod from the tiefling as they departed, each well aware of their roles in the upcoming heist. He sat for long after the group left, nursing his drinks and rolling himself cigarettes to whittle away the time. His alabaster features were calm, but inside the wheels were spinning. His mind was dissecting the plan they had agreed upon, as well as the players in his little game.

Ettermire had proven her skill - that was beyond debate. But she had also shown herself easily riled. The taunts from Marduk had been childish at best, and yet the dark-elf had been unable to resist proving him wrong and humbling the brutish big bastard where everyone could see. She had pride. That was always a useful lever for those who knew how to use it. Aurelius inhaled a lungful of smoke as he mused. His grin widened as he recalled her parting words. Of course she was aware of Swanra'ann, and of course she knew how badly the tiefling had given her the laugh. But did she know how best to use that little snippet against the guttersnipe?

Wait and see, cutter. She pushes you, you pen 'er in the dead-book. She proves useful.. well, then we can reconsider.

"Aye, you've got a point," he muttered before realising he was talking to himself.

His serpentine eyes flicked briefly around the room at the other patrons, but most of them were canny enough to keep their gazes away from him. Another swallow of T'keela wormed its way down the half-demon's gullet to spread warmth through his gut.

Next was Marduk. His pride had taken a severe boot to the bollocks, but the basher had composed himself well enough. Aurelianus idly ruffled a hand through his bloody-red quills as he played out the event again in his head. A small chuckle slithered from between his fangs. If Ettermire proved problematic in future, the warlock knew he had someone that would gladly make himself useful in removing her. Marduk's parting words had piqued Aurelius' curiosity, he had to admit, but it wouldn't take much to find out what sort of aces the human had stashed away.

The tiefling craned his neck from side to side, leaning forward to crush out his cigarette on the table-top. He made a mental note to dispatch a couple of spies, find out a little more about the armoured brute. He already had a handful of his lads out in the city tonight; they had been given simple orders to follow Aurelianus' co-conspirators back to their destinations and whisper any darks they discovered back in his ears.

Almost as if his thoughts had summoned them, one of the Crimson Hand agents slid into Ssa's Hoills. The woman, her pretty features hidden under a heavy cowl, made her way through the crowd to the warlock's table. A few of the tavern's patrons made to accost her, but when they marked who she was coming to speak to, they thought better and went back to their drinks. She paid the crowd no heed, and knelt next to the half-breed.

"'ello luv. Got anythin' juicy for me?" he asked, cocking his head to face the she-elf.

Marla, the agent in question, was still not used to the informal manner of her new master, but she did not let her distaste show on her ivory-skinned features. She bowed her head and held out a slip of paper for the tiefling's scrutiny.

It was snatched from her grip and Aurelius scanned the contents with an unreadable expression. There was a small burst of Hellfire in the warlock's palm, incinerating the missive as he allowed himself a warm snicker.

"Aaaah, those Remis," he grinned, "keepin' it in the family."

Marla said nothing, still kneeling by his side. Marla couldn't say anything, as it happened. As a show of devotion to the Crimson hand, the barmy chit had cut out her own tongue to show she would never betray the secrets of the Crimson Hand to anyone else. Aurelius, when he had heard the chant about this, didn't much see the sense of it. She can still write. So, what was the point of that grand little gesture? Then again, he thought, if she'd cut off her 'ands as well, she'd be no bloody use at all. Either way, he shrugged off the thoughts as irrelevant.

Instead, he dismissed her with a casual flick of his fingers and made himself another cigarette.

The information his spy had brought him was, admittedly, probably not unknown to others. There were rumours all over about how.. close the Remi family was. But, their dabbling in "taboo" practices didn't bother the tiefling one jot. Hells, he had perpetrated worse in his House of Sin on an almost daily basis before he set out for Alerar. No, what interested him was simply that they were an exceptionally useful horde of sadists. And as Aerith herself had alluded to, they had no objections to partaking in the malcontent's machinations.

Leaning back in his chair, bladed-armour gouging the chair again, he exhaled a cloud of bitter smoke.

His ego bristled a little at her using him as a messenger to Madison Freebird, but Aurelius was fond of the Briarheart. And he was well aware of the debt Catherine Remi owed his frequent partner-in-crime. If he could manage to get a family with such an expansive reach and potentially limitless resources in his own debt...

It was getting late.

Aurelianus finally finished his hip-flask, cleaning out the last drop with the tips of his forked tongue. Sighing, he clamped the cigarette between his lips and got to his feet. Tomorrow was going to be a long day, but his black heart pumped faster at the thought of the chaos that would be sown. Throwing on his buckle-laden coat with a grim smile, Aurelianus dropped a few coppers on the table and stalked out of Ssa's Hoills.

He sat his wide-brimmed hat atop his horned brow and started the long walk back to the Ixian lodgings - if he was gone much longer, they might start to get suspicious, might decide to come looking for him. Aurelius couldn't have that. Oh no, when he stuck in the knife, he wanted to savour the surprise...

Tomorrow was going to be a glorious day.
    Last edited by Aurelianus Drak'shal; 02-28-15 at 06:09 PM.
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

"Self-control is for those who can't control others."
    - Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Name of Thread: Conference of Criminals
    Judgement Type: Workshop Submission
    Participants: Alydia Ettermire, Marduk the Black, Requiem of Insanity, Aurelianus Drak'shal

Rewards:

Alydia Ettermire receives:
    420 EXP
    40 GP

Marduk the Black receives:
    290 EXP
    40 GP

Requiem of Insanity receives:
    470 EXP
    40 GP

Aurelianus Drak'shalreceives:
    420 EXP
    40 GP
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    EXP & GP Added!
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12