Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

The Beginning of the Sparks

Ioder and Vincent were happily spending their morning preparing breakfast for the troops as they did regularly. Both of them maned their cooking stations with pride as the made enough eggs to feed and army and plenty of salted bacon for everyone. There were quite a lot of new recruits that have come to stay with them at the base so they had to start cooking in bulk to feed each and every one of them.

“Vinnie, check the bread in the oven.” Ioder said as he reached for the spices out of the cabinet above the stove top.

“Right,” Vincent replied checking the bread and taking the long loaf out. “It’s done.” He said as he took a plate Ioder handed him and brought it out to one of the hungry recruits. It took about an hour of straight cooking before everyone was feed, the cooks included. It was a hassle and it wasn’t fun trying to feed everyone but Ioder liked to cook now that Vincent taught him the ways of Earth’s cooking habits.

As everyone one finished and began to clean up a bit before leaving Ioder sat at the long table, contently playing with rest of his food. He had been feeling a strange sensation since the night before. Like a voice whispering to him, words he couldn’t quite make out but it seemed to be calling to him. He brushed it off and continued about his business. Making sure the kitchen and dining room was spotless is a tough job, but with some elbow grease and some determination he can get everything in order in about an hour. Give or take a few if anyone wanted to chit chat with him while he cleaned.

As Ioder started to grab all the plates off the far counter of the dining room he heard Leona clear her throat announcing herself. He turned and saw her leaning against the door frame finishing her plate. He smiled and nodded, and she graciously blessed him with her presence. She placed her plate on top of a pile. Then she and he both carried the plates to the kitchen sink, only taking them two trips instead of his regular four. The two rolled up their sleeves and began to scrub all the dishes.

“So Leona, to what do I owe the pleasure. You don’t ever help out in the kitchen.” Ioder said with a smirk on his face. He liked her, but this was out of character for her to freely do dishes with him. She had a motive behind this for sure.

“You know its coming.” Leona said as she stacked the clean dishes Ioder handed to her. “The new moon is in a few days and I know you still haven’t picked your team.”

“This could get people killed. Alyssa and Tobias are off on their own mission. Who is here that you would ask?” Ioder said as he meticulously scrubbed the food from the dishes.
    Last edited by Ioder; 02-09-15 at 08:28 PM.
    There will be blood.

(09:19:09) Max_Dirks: (whispers) nah I've read your stuff, you're trash like an emerald isn't a ruby

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

The door creaked loudly open as the two turned to see Vincent stride in, arms loaded to the brim with a stack of plates. The scholar was in a good mood, hours of training in the combat room down below had led to him feeling more and more confidant in his fighting skills, and his form was benifititing from it too.

“Did I hear someone say something about a dangerous mission?” he asked cocking his head to the side slightly as he dumped his plates into the large sink Ioder was working out of. “It’s been a while since I’ve done anything aside from picking up recruits or groceries.” He chuckled as he fished out a plate and began to scrub the bits of food off of it.

“Vincent….” Ioder trailed off as he ran a soapy towel across a plate. “This is going to be a dangerous mission…” he frowned and turned to find Vincent scowling at him.

“And…?” Vincent replied dumping a dish into the other sink for Leona to rinse and turned to Ioder. “I’m pretty strong now bud…” The angel turned back to Vincent.

“Vinnie I’m not playing, this is going to be really dangerous…” The angel plopped his dish in the other sink and turned to glare at Vincent. “You’re not ready bud.” This earned a scowl from the scholar.

“You think I’m not ready?” Vincent growled. Neither had noticed the seer leave the room with a grin on her lips.

“I don’t THINK I KNOW.” Ioder retorted shifting into a form taller than Vincent simply to intimidate him.

“Well then you need to hit the books bud because your knowledge is dated…” Vincent said giving him a light push. The angel growled and shoved his freind back.

“What you think one little training session with Tobias and you’re hot shit?” Ioder spat raising his voice.

“Hot enough to handle my own in a mission that’s for sure.” Vincent roared slamming a fist on the counter. “Ioder I’m not the same scholar who went with you to find the Pendant of Fate!” he continued seething with rage.

“That’s exactly the type of thinking that’s going to get you killed Vince!” Ioder screamed back. “Im not even sure if I’m going to come back, I’m sure as hell not letting you risk your life too!” Suddenly Vincent’s fist was in his face and the angel was staggering back.

“Fuck you!” Vincent roared. “There’s no way in hell Im letting you risk your life without me backing you up.” The angel was still slightly shaken as the scholar spoke.

“You fucking hit me Vinnie…” Ioder gasped rubbing his nose. “How the fuck did you hit me that hard?” He asked looking at the Hierophant.

“Questions Ioder. Stop trying to change the fucking subject.” The scholar growled.

“Boys!” Leonas voice interrupted them as she walked back into the room with Rayleigh and Ellie. “While these two finish the dishes for you I would like you to settle this argument downstairs…”
    Last edited by Cards of Fate; 02-09-15 at 08:42 PM.

Like a Caterpillar
    EXP: 19,347, Level: 5
    Level completed: 90%, EXP required for next level: 653
    Level completed: 90%,
    EXP required for next level: 653
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

I’m going to make you wish you were never born! Ioder violently thought to himself. He was not one to be quick to anger but to think that this boy from earth was so quick to rick his life was annoying. Ioder wanted nothing but peace for Vincent, but to know that he thinks he is strong enough to do anything was not going to stand. “Yeah, I think that’s a great idea,” Ioder said cracking his knuckles. “Don’t you?” He finished shoving Vincent catching him off balance. The look on Leona’s face was terrifying; her dastardly plan was going perfectly.

“I do indeed friend.” Vinnie replied as he pulled the tail of Ioder’s shirt pulling him back as he walked past him. This had turned into a pissing match between friends, but it was also a very serious task at hand. Ioder had indeed taken his time on choosing a team to accompany him. His mission was to on the solstice reach the center of the Eluriand catacombs. A dark and nasty place filled with all sorts of dangers. From shambling bodies to amorphous mutants, this place around every corner lurked danger.

The seraphim quickly regained his footing and fallowed suit after his friend. Leona had put the others to work quickly and trailed behind them as giddy as a lark. Vincent detoured and stopped by his room to pick up his gear. Likewise

Ioder stopped by his room as well. “Who does he think he is!?” Ioder yelled as he through his fist into the wall of his room. “Getting me worked up like this just to try and prove a stupid point.” Ioder talked to himself when he felt stressed about something. It was the only way of calming himself down he found throughout the years.

After stewing for a moment he moved to his trunk at the base of his bed and opened it. Inside there were many items, weapons and knickknacks of all shapes and sizes. He rustled through the assortment trying not to nick himself on a blade until he found his pride and joy. His gauntlet with both a blade and bow attachment was his favored weapon. It was small and easy to use. It also helped that it weighed practically nothing so he could use swipe quickly if needed. After equipping his gauntlet he closed the trunk and turned to grab his arm guard from the wall. His items didn’t seem to fit very well so he adjusted his shape to make them snugger then headed for the door.

Outside Leona waited leaning against the opposite wall of his room. Her nonchalant demeanor was unsettling. “He’s already down there. I don’t know what it is but I can see the fire in his eyes. He wants this bad. I don’t know why but he wants this.”

“You already know how this ends, why are watching?” Ioder asked as he has come to really expect whatever from Leona.

“What did I tell you about questions?”
    Last edited by Ioder; 05-06-15 at 12:19 PM.
    There will be blood.

(09:19:09) Max_Dirks: (whispers) nah I've read your stuff, you're trash like an emerald isn't a ruby

GP

Name
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Vincent had parted from Ioder and stormed into the library a scowl playing across his lips. The small blonde haired Stella poked her head out from a pile of blankets to stare at him sleepily as he kicked open a large chest that held all of his supplies. He shifted through a large pile of musty tomes and pulled a steel longsword and a leather gauntlet that bore a steel disk on the back. He growled as he fitted his gear to his body.

“Vincent, are you…” the young starling paused as she gathered her words. The common language was still a new thing for her but she had been taking lessons from Vincent. “Going on a…mission?” she finished the sentence smiling. Vince simply grinned and patted her on the head.

“Go back to sleep Stella, I’m just having a sparring match with Ioder…” he said feigning a grin. The sleepy Star paused before yawning and laying back down.

“Be careful Vin…” she trailed off as she began to snore lightly. The scholar sighed and adjusted his long black robes before heading out the door. He got as far at the stairs to the lower section of the base before Leona stopped him.

“You really want this don’t you…” she asked cocking her head to one side. “I can see how this ends…but not what drives you Vincent.” She paused for a moment frowning. “I’m starting to see less and less about your fate and that interests me.” A grin began to play upon her lip. “I’m not used to not knowing. It’s fun.”

Vincent smiled, slightly uneasy about his leader’s admission. “So you’re going to watch this even though you know how it ends?” he asked as began to walk down the stairs.

“We both do.” Leona called out as she walked towards Ioder’s room for her conversation with him. This brought a grin to Vince’s lips. He had some secrets up his sleeve.

By the time Ioder had entered the training room Vincent was ready. He was on the far end of the hundred yard room. He had shrugged off his robes to reveal a well build, slightly tanned body. One hand bore his steel blade, clutched expertly whilst the other bore his shield as he clenched and unclenched his fist to expand and contract the readily deployable shield, getting a feel for the timing. He wore a mask of determination, his lips tight as his sapphire eyes burnt with fury.

“I’m gonna make you look like a fool in front of Leona.” Vince called out taking a ready stance. He was done being the weakest link in the group, he was going to become someone they could depend upon.

Like a Caterpillar
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

“This isn’t about that!” Ioder yelled across to his friend at the opposite side of the room. Vincent seemed too eager to make a fool of his partner. It was clear he was fighting to prove something. This was his chance after all; Leona contently watching in the corner made for the best audience.

“You think Im not strong enough to go on your mission.” Vincent said as he waved his sword to the side.
    “Im here to show you I am.” Vincent showed his resolve. Ioder was not going to reason with him. There was no sense in trying either it was clear he was going to have to show Vincent how sorley mistaken he was.

“So be it, Vincent I hereby challenge you to a duel.” Ioder said as he began raising his hands up. Slowly as he spoke he lifted his hand to the heavens. “The terms are if I win you are to stay here and man the base while Alyssa and Tobias are gone. If you win you may lead me and a team on our upcoming mission.” The moment Ioder’s palms faced the celling the very air around him began to glow bright. “I will show you the magnitude of my power!” His voice was dark and gritty. The glowing air around him began to twist and contort like a cloud of glaring mist. His aura was freely manipulated in this purest state.

“I accept you challenge!” Vincent answered his friend, beginning his sprint across the field. He was certainly quick, but nothing the seraphim hadn’t faced before in spades. He watched as the earthing held his blade back ready to slash the very moment he would make contact. Ioder saw the utter excitement in his friends face. “Don’t underestimate me!”

Ioder spread his wings out and took to the air. Gliding just off the ground Ioder flew to meet his partner mid field. His aura was still gracefully resonating around him as he readied his gauntlet to intercept Vincent’s sword. The two narrowed the gap between them quickly and in a shining clash of metal the two fighters ricocheted off one another. Vincent pivoted instantly and slashed down at Ioder who caught the sword Ioder’s green blade once more before the angel gave one mighty flap of his wings knocking dirt and dust into the air. Using the debris Ioder backed off a few yards and regained visual on Vincent.

His reflexes had improved ill give him that. Ioder found himself thinking as he eyed up Vincent. Where did all this strength come from? He was puzzled by his friends change. Not upset or anything just amazed by it. Ioder taking the higher ground so to speak flew up almost touching the celling before banking swiftly. In his wake rests a single sliver of light magic. It resonated with the same glow as the rest of Ioder’s arsenal. It was something Vincent had only seen once and without it being use to its full extent. “Fly, Angel Feathers!” The honing missile shot downward quickly towards Vincent. It would fallow him until it hits a mark, able to change course and fallow opponents on a dime.
    There will be blood.

GP

Name
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

The scholar growled as he backed away sliding as he watched the feather zoom towards him silently. He had seen the projectile before, but was not sure how it actually worked. He readied his shield. The silver projectile soared into range of his arms, and the scholar swatted it aside easily, watching the feather gently float into the ground. He grinned as he dashed forward.

“Whats a matter Ioder? Scared?” Vincent growled as he put his arms out in a mocking gesture. “You’re flying away from me!” he roared and dashed forward. Despite his previous knee injury he was faster than ever. He sprinted through the football sized room with ease and with a flash of light blinked through space blinking back into existence behind his friend as he brought both of his slamming down into his foe. He felt a crack as the angel plummeted to the ground.

The angel smashed into the ground grunting as the scholar landed roughly on his feet. As Ioder rose to his feet Vincent walked over to the edge of the room and grabbed his mahogany cane and begun to swing it casually in his hand. Leona smirked slightly, the angel’s confidence had gotten the better of him.

“What was that?” Ioder growled as he steadied himself.

“I can teleport bud.” Vincent grinned twirling his cane. “About five times a day is my limit…”
    Last edited by Cards of Fate; 03-05-15 at 10:20 PM.

Like a Caterpillar
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

“You impudent little worm…” Ioder hissed as he stared with dead eyes at his partner Vincent. Ioder meant no harm with his words rather he was just astonished by his friend. It had been a long time since the seraphim had any type of challenge. And to make it even more surprising till now Ioder had no idea that Vinnie had jumped so much in strength in just the recent months. With a crack a small piece of glass began to separate and fall from the angel’s brow. As if suspended in radiant twilight the piece of Ioder’s magical armor glowed bright before returning to dust just as it were to touch the ground.

“That’s a new one bud.” Vincent said in his strange earthling accent.

“I guess we both have gotten stronger. You have made far more progress than I have in the recent months. But don’t fool yourself into thinking that means I can humiliate you here. The same trick won’t work on he a second time.” Ioder yelled out across the room as he started a full sprint at Vincent. His wings both tips down in the dirt of the arena making a wake of dust behind him. Till now Ioder had held back from showing his friend that his physical speed surpassed even Vincent’s amazing jump. Vinnie smirked and obligated Ioder as blade ready he charged forth as well.

The two seemed almost angry with each other, both wanted to be strong. Both wanted to show their leader that they were the best. For only a split second did Ioder take his eyes off Vincent. His gazed drifted to Leona, whom had taken a seat against the stone wall surrounding the arena. There was a slight smile on her face, one that these two have come to know quite well.

“Never take your eyes of the prize!” Vincent yelled pulling Ioder directly back. In a clash of steel the two started to wail on one another.

“Gotcha!” Ioder said, mimicking one of Vincent’s earthly sayings. Countering one of Vincent’s hard and strong swings Ioder sent forth a portion of his aura out to consume Vincent’s right arm. At such close range this would be very tough to avoid.
    There will be blood.

GP

Name
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Vincent grunted as the aura wrapped around his arm, constricting his movement to practically nothing. He growled as he felt in constrict around his joint, effectively locking him in place. “Oi you fuck!” Vincent growled dropping his sword. His eyes grew a tad bit wider in fear. ‘He’s fucking sparkly ass gaara of the fucking sand’

“Got you now!” Ioder grinned as he lunged his blade at Vincent. The scholar deftly deflected his blows with the cane, much to his angelic companions chagrin.

“Go to hell Io.” Vincent growled swinging his cane in rapid succession. The two exchanged several blows whilst Ioder began to grin.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

EXP: 3,595, Level: 2
    Level completed: 54%, EXP required for next level: 1,405
    Level completed: 54%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,405
    GP

Name
    Stella Stern
    370 Revolutions (about 16 in human years)
    Race
    Psaróni
    Hair Color
    Ash Blonde
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    4'8" / 90 lbs.
    Job
    Dancer, the Star

View Profile
    A sharp shriek pierced the fight. Small hands gripping the fabric of Leona's sweat pants, Stella's amber eyes peer worriedly from under their ashe blonde tresses.

"No stop." The star repeated in common. Abandoning the safety of Leona's side, Stella placed themselves, arms outstretched, between the two bickering juveniles before Leona can grab her and hold her back.

"No more. *You are worse than Castor and Pollux* Drop stick and sword." Stella's eyes look to Vincent, "friend", and then Ioder, "friend". They wished not for Vincent's over confidence or Ioder's rage but most of all not the bickering. How were they suppose to get a restful sleep with these two at the fore front of concern. Vincent had assured them everything was alright but the resentment and friction of friends had wafted into the floor boards and awaken the starling.

Stella looks toward Leona "Why do encourage onslaught of groundling against skyling? I do not understand. This," Stella gestures at Vincent and Ioder, "this is not friends."

Stella glances apologetically past Vincent "Sorry I try to be like one of you. I know to be you is to anger and that should not be my way. " And then toward Ioder "Be more like the star with friends. Rise four minutes earlier each day. Unless you are Polaris then always be Polaris and never set at all. Like the sun, make the same movements at a faster, but constant rate but never the exact same way. The moon shall always out dance the sun. That is the way of the moon."

Stella steps out of the way of the two and pausing at Leona, gives a gentle tug at her sweat pants. "I am awake. Vince and Ioder I do blame. Teach me please tongue of cards." Stella pulls Leona upstairs away from the match in hopes the two will speak with the words the star did not posses instead of swords.
    Where every post is an astronomy lesson

Active Threads:
    none pm me if you want to RP

(From June 5-August 9 I will be unavailable due to being abroad.)

Like a Caterpillar
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

The angel stood back as Stella tired with all her heart to convey her message of good faith. Her broken speech was stuttered but her every word carried the weight all her sorrow. She was sad seeing her new found friends fighting like children on a playground. Ioder released his aura’s hold on Vincent and allowed it to once again return to dust. He also lowered his blade and looked over to his friend. But was he?

Ioder looked over Vincent, studying everything about him. From his hair to the frills on his cloths Ioder looked him over. As stella took Leona by hand and pulled her away from the boys Ioder could only remember back to the first time the pair had met. All thanks to their glorious leader these two misfits found each other, an earthling outcast and a forgotten angle. And what a pair they were, founding members of the Tarot and former team mates.

He thought back to the days they spent on the road searching for the killers of Ruins Undiscovered. He remembered Vincent’s face when Ioder first took him flying, and his first when first seeing his first brush with death. He remembered having to jump into harm’s way to save the scholar and he remembered when Vincent first killed a man. Vincent had come so far and Ioder felt responsible for him like a brother in arms.

A tear began to form in the corner of the fallen angel’s eye. It grew and fell from his eye…

Then all went dark.

The very second the tear fell from his face he felt a massive wave of realization. He, a being of supreme power, had allowed himself to once again become complacent. This group, this Leona character, has tricked him. He was not a mere mortal to have to be dealing with trivial matters such as these. He was not her personal soldier whom she could manipulate into fighting on her behalf even if just to test the ranks. He was promised more than this by the witch.

In waiting on his prize he has come to form bonds with the members of the Tarot. He had been feeling conflicted ever since siding with this group and making bonds like these was dangerous. Bonds he might have to break at any moment.

“Vincent, we are done here.” Ioder said as he squared up with his comrade. “We are disturbing the peace it would seem. Feel free to do what you want from here but I need some air.” He said as he turned for the door.

“Yo buddy what’s wrong?” Vincent called out fallowing after the angel. “You’re not going to give me another lecture on how I’m not ready for the world or how I’m not strong enough.”

“Watch yourself Vincent,” Ioder said as he continued to fallow Stella and Leona as the left the arena. “I’m really not in the mood anymore. You think your ready fine lead the team. I know you can do it. Is that what you want me to say!” he said with a bit of anger in his tone.

“Ioder…” Vincent said as he put his hand on the angel’s shoulder.

“No… not anymore,” He said shaking the boy’s hand off his shoulder. “Its Israfil.” He said under his breath.
    Last edited by Ioder; 04-05-15 at 11:36 PM.
    There will be blood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast