Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'4, 125 lbs
    Job
    None

I took my chance. The moment the dagger touched my skin I gripped it tightly. I let the condescending tone of Leona's voice leave my mind as quickly as it entered. Finally, something I can use.

I never even saw the next move as I took off like a jackrabbit for the exit.

No one stopped me. I cannot tell you if I escaped because of my speed or because no one cared enough to come after me. All I know is that the monk seemed to approve of my decision as he gave me a quick nod and grin as I passed quickly by him.

I kept the dagger tightly locked in my grip as I climbed the stairs. The burn on my arm stung like hell but was mostly superficial. I would heal, but I'd be damned if I ever entered the arena again. I considered taking up sanctuary in my own room for a brief moment but quickly settled on another idea. I took a sharp turn down a familiar hallway and soon found myself surrounded by the comfort of the library. It was not often that the room stood empty, but with Vincent safely entertained, it's treasures were mine for the moment. I quickly pushed the door closed behind me and stuck the small blade through the double handles. I removed my singed over shirt and tied the cloth tightly on each end.

Satisfied with my makeshift lock, I browsed the titles on a nearby shelf. I slid my fingers along the spines before plucking one from its home. The smell of its pages instantly calmed my nerves as I sat down and began to read. Bravery and violence had their place. In my life, it was inside the pages of a well-worn novel.

I did send up a single final thought for my fellow competitors before I allowed the story to carry me away. "You guys are all dumbasses."

Like a Caterpillar
    EXP: 19,347, Level: 5
    Level completed: 90%, EXP required for next level: 653
    Level completed: 90%,
    EXP required for next level: 653
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

Ioder watched in awe as Leona stepped into the fray. She leapt into the action and for the first time Ioder witnessed her skills. She was all knowing, all seeing. She jumped in without reservation and flawless caught Vincent’s blow while kicking Ioder in the chest.

“Ugh,” Ioder grunted as he felt more of his shield breaking away and falling to the ground. In a strange turn of events Leona instead of continuing her attack halted and tossed Ioder a weapon. He reached down at the odd sash and gripped it firmly. He felt the fine cloth and the weight of the two balls at each end.

But there was no time to question her or her motives. He wouldn’t understand anyway…

“Alright Vinnie!” he yelled as he swiftly rose and spin with his wings extended fully. A small cloud of dust blanketed the air as the seraphim took flight. His new weapon felt at home in his hands as he started to spin it while he soared. Making sure to never take an eye of his friend Ioder tracked him while he ascended. But from the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of the young girl fleeing through the entrance of the arena. “Looks like it’s just you and me!” he yelled once more as he let fly two of his angle feathers towards Vincent.

His cresant shaped light constructs spiraled through the air down towards Vincent. He was sure that these wouldn’t hit their mark. But he was also sure that Vinnie has forgotten about the portion of Ioder’s aura still chasing him in his blind spot.
    There will be blood.

(09:19:09) Max_Dirks: (whispers) nah I've read your stuff, you're trash like an emerald isn't a ruby

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Vince took one look at his boss, one at his friend, and one at the young girl who had scampered away. “Man, fuck this. There is literally no way for me not to feel like an asshole with this…” he muttered grumpily. “I am too fucking tried to deal with this bullshit.” Leona grinned as the scholar vanished in a large flash of blue, leaving everything Ioder had chucked at him to crash into the ground where he had been standing.

He reappeared in his library with a flash and turned to find Cellar sitting in his seat reading one of his books. “Really?” Vincent muttered sighing as he ran a tired hand though his silky blonde hair. He turned to look at his soft bed and sighed. “Just keep the noise to a minimum so I can sleep…” he yawned, stumbling over to the mattress as he flopped down in it. It was time to get some fucking sleep.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

Like a Caterpillar
    EXP: 19,347, Level: 5
    Level completed: 90%, EXP required for next level: 653
    Level completed: 90%,
    EXP required for next level: 653
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

Ioder stopped dead and looked with a lazy eye at his boss. Leona stood back chuckling into her sleeve. He was beginning to really hate the way she did that. He turned and walked away from here without even as much as a wave goodbye. A he walked up the rout he had come to know so well he did nothing but think.

What was all of that about? he thought finding it really hard to believe that this was the way his comrades were going to act. He wasn’t sure about the young girl but he knew Vincent was capable of more. His frustration started to eat away at him as he reached the door to his room. He stood in his door way before slamming his fist into the his wall.

“I didn’t come here to play childish games.” he said allowed knowing that Leona would hear him regardless. He walked in and slammed the door behind him.
    There will be blood.

(09:19:09) Max_Dirks: (whispers) nah I've read your stuff, you're trash like an emerald isn't a ruby

EXP: 2,629, Level: 2
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next level: 2,371
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,371
    GP

Name
    Leona Stevvains
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'9''/138 lbs
    Job
    Judgement Card

View Profile
    Leona blinked as one by one, all of her competitors decided to abandon the battle. She twirled the pool cue around several times and used it to point in several different directions. At first, she thought that her opponents were busy planning some sort of surprise attack, a three way pincer that would send her running with her tail between her legs. After several moments of silence, the prophet realized that she was without a foe in the battle she recently decided to join.

"Oh Thaynes damn it all," she mumbled as she set the pool cue upon the ground and leaned upon it as though she needed it to rest her laurels. Her eyes shifted about several more times as she looked at all the possible futures. She needed to know how likely one of the people she sought to fight would return for combat against one of the heads of the Tarot.

None. Not a single future predicted the return of the trio.

She sighed and held the pool cue up high and said the only thing she could think of. "And your winner by cowardice, ladies and gentlemen....LEEEEEEOOOOONNNNAAAAA STEEEEEEEVVVVAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSS!"

She made her own cheers, jeers, and boos as she smiled and made her way back to her quarters. She made Cellar, Vince, and Ioder fight as a way to unite them together. In a sense, she accomplished her goal; all three agreed that one does not simply mess with Leona Stevvains.

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Name of Thread: Aces and Eights
    Judgement Type: No Judgement
    Participants: Ioder, Taste of Treason, Cards of Fate, Leona Stevvains

Rewards:
    Ioder receives:
    515 EXP
    55 GO

Taste of Treason receives:
    385 EXP
    45 GP

Cards of Fate receives:
    410 EXP
    45 GP

Leona Stevvains receives:
    165 GP
    25 GP
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    EXP & GP Added!
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12