Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Vince appeared behind Pode in an explosion of blue sparks. The goddess snarled as she turned to face her foe. “You-” her voice was cut off as Vincent’s fist found itself buried in her face sending her flying.

“Suprise Mothafucka!” Vincent snarled. Pode flipped midair and landed gracefully.

“I fucking killed you,” she hissed.

“Well, I didn’t feel like dying,” Vince replied cracking his neck. Green sparks ran across his skin as his eyes glowed a dark blue. Raw Tap energy oozed from his very being as he grinned.

“Well then, it’s time to teach you a lesson,” Pode snarled.

“That’s my line!” Vincent spat as he lunged forward.

“You dare to face a goddess!” she growled, brandishing her arm. Three massive plant behemoths rose from the dirt in front of her. Vince scooped up his discarded cane and disappeared in an explosion of sparks followed by a thunderous boom.

“I dare to dream!” Vincent roared, appearing behind her. He slammed his cane into her skull. “I dare to stand up against the darkness! Regardless of what fate decrees.”

Pode staggered, her concentration faltering and causing her behemoths to fall apart.

“Where is this strength coming from?” she hissed.

“My determination!” Vincent roared, lying through his teeth. He had in fact been zapped with more Tap energy than possible for any normal human. The Eternal Tap had stepped forth onto Althanas once more to smack down an imposter clinging to a golden age of magic.

She roared, and the very earth beneath them trembled as vines began to sprout from the ground and dart towards the scholar. Vincent simply grinned and swatted each aside with his cane as he spoke.

“You had everything, the Hierarchy, the Tap, my father, but you threw it all away!”

He began to close the gap between them, the spinning of his cane slicing through vines.

“You could have made the world better! But no, you succumbed to hate and greed! You chose to make the world darker!”

“I took back what the elves stole from my people!” she screamed.

“You perverted it!” Vincent roared. “You twisted nature to your whims to make a hellish landscape for your to rule over!”

“Lies!” Pode screamed as a storm of vines rocketed from the earth at Vincent once more. The

Vincent grinned as he vanished and reappeared behind the goddess. He grasped her long hair and ripped her backwards off of her feet as he launched her into the air. She floundered to recover but it was too late, Vincent had wrapped his arm around her throat and they both fell to the ground. The force of their fall, and Vincent flexing his arm, snapped her neck.

The scholar felt every crackle of her bones as he rolled over and grinned. The witch was dead. He rose to his feet and planted his foot on her head and raised his arms towards the heavens.

He had killed a legend, and thus had become one.

He turned and shuddered as the energy of the Eternal Tap slowly drained from every orifice of his body. He staggered forward and looked up. Leona was waiting for him on the edge of the clearing, a gigantic smirk on her face.

“You actually did it!” Leona gasped as she hugged him. “I cannot believe you actually did it.”

Vincent grinned and let her embrace him. “I promised you I would, didn’t I?”

“You did. As your reward you can ask me one question.” Leona quipped as they began to walk away. “Don’t waste it.|

Vincent paused and chewed his lip for a moment before asking.

“If a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?" The two laughed and walked off into the forest, watching the crimson leaves fall.
    Last edited by Cards of Fate; 04-26-15 at 12:01 AM.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

~fin~
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Judgment

Cards, it's clear now that your one of the most creative minds on Althanas, but you still have a long way to go in your writing. While this thread was generally free of spelling, grammar and usage errors, your writing was highly repetitive (i.e. you used the same nouns multiple times in back to back sentences) and you did not diversify your sentence structure much. This made many of your actions convoluted and difficult to follow. In addition, it seemed you threw in adjectives just because you felt it necessary. This runs into the old idiom, "show, don't tell."

Storywise, your strongest area was pacing. This thread flew by at a lightning pace, which made it relatively easy to read when I wasn't lost in some of your actions. I also like how you broke the story, starting the reader in the action before stepping back to explain how everyone got there. That said, it wasn't particularly clear what purpose Tobias served in the thread other than to convince Vincent to leave the House of Cards. Indeed, the thread began with Leona's visage and Vincent romping through the forest and ended that way in an encounter with Pode. You could have removed the majority of your beginning posts and had a much more stellar story. Learning of Pode's past and the history of the Tarot Hierarchy was fascinating. Frankly, this should have been the central theme of the entire quest. I also liked how you brought a very real aspect of science into the fantasy as well to justify your character's place in the world. Another area I disliked was dialogue. You almost expressly used dialogue to advance the story, which is fine, but your constant real life references (though admittedly a few did make me laugh), have no place in a story like this. I get that Vincent is from earth, but I wasn't aware if Leona and the others were from there as well, making their reactions to your character's frequent offhanded remarks unrealistic. I'd tone it down in the future.

Cards of Fate

Story- 5
    Setting- 5
    Pacing- 6
    Action- 5
    Communication- 4
    Persona- 5
    Mechanics- 5
    Technique- 5
    Clarity- 5
    Wildcard- 6

Total- 51/100

Cards of Fate receives 951 EXP and 102 GP + 250 tournament GP

You've won 5th place in the 2015 Adventurer's Crown. Congratulations!
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    EXP & GP Added!
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12