Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile

The Demon Within

“If yer got no money, then yer got no place in my business!” the dwarf squawked as he tossed my bow back into my arms. The small shop called “Bow’s and More” had a musty smell and walls covered with weapons Lilith never dreamed existed. Bows, ‘guns’ and other trinkets littered the walls with dimly lit lanterns sprinkled along the walls. She heard the lands of Alerar were filled with technology she could only dream of, and they did not disappoint. Her latest adventure left her yew bow.. in weak shape and she needed something more.

“ I can offer my services instead. I am an excellent--”

“No money, no weapon!” I winced as his tone vibrated a small chandelier above my head. “Gather your antiques and get the hell out of me shop!” I quickly gathered my items and marched out the store. My boots splashed around the cobblestone as my pace quicken to get out of the icy rain pouring down on the city. The bustling sound of dwarves rang in the air as though the rain did not affect their days. I pulled my cerulean colored cloak over my head as I bustled my way out of the crowds and into the safety of the Hungry Horse Inn. The bell chimed as I pulled the iron door open and the scents of freshly prepared meats licked at my nostrils. The warmth from the fireplace crept into my bones as I made my way to the front desk and my thin fingers hit the bell for service.

“One room please.” I chirped as the stout Khazad female peered up at me. Her unruly brown hair swept up into a bun and her features lacked any kindness as her eyes glued themselves at my elven features. Her lips seemed permanently glued into a frown, like she never knew the pleasure of a smile, as she pursed her lips out at me.

“That will be 10 gold pieces.” Her voice was raspy and coarse as she spoke. I opened up my coin purse and counted out 10 pieces for the unkind woman and I slid them across the maple table towards her.

“How much for some dinner?” My stomach began to rumble at the smells that danced in the air from the kitchen.

“ 2 pieces,” Her hand on her hip as she spoke to me. I pulled out two more pieces and handed them to her. “Your room is 2D.” She picked the key up from the hooks behind her and slid it towards me. I grabbed the key and made my way to the benches laid out around the common area. I found one isolated in the back and pulled my equipment from my aching shoulders and plopped down onto the bench seat.

My head rested on the table and my breathing slowed. Exhaustion began to creep its way into my consciousness as the coziness of this place surrounded me. Getting out of the forest with the dagger was still plaguing my mind. Damon’s face flashed in my eyes, his lifeless eyes staring back at me and the cold grin smeared on his face. My face shot up from the memory as the smell of rabbit soup wafted in front of me.

“One rabbit soup.” The thick khazad gentleman placed a steamy bowl in front of my nostrils as I inhaled the juiciness from the broth. He thudded off as I began to devour the food before me. Minutes later the bowl was empty and my gut full of rabbit glory. I picked up my glass of mead as I looked around at the faces inhabiting the inn.

There was a lanky gentleman with white hair and emerald eyes two tables from me, he was fingering a blade in between his slender fingers, a wicked grin on his lips. I shuddered at what monstrosities he has committed with a smile like that.

The table to my left there was a woman with jet black hair and was in close discussion with a chunky fellow. The woman was quite stunning in appearance and there was an odd earring attached to her ear. I peered at it trying to determine what it was for I have never seen an earring with that shape before. I must have been staring quite noticeably, for she turned to meet my gaze and pulled her dagger out and embedded it into the table, her gaze never leaving mine.

I snapped my attention back down to my own hands and fumbled with my fingers. Interesting people seem to habit this inn...

It seems I need to track down some work to gain gold for this bow upgrade. However, every dwarf I seem to have met has been anything but kind. The table rumbled as a burly Khazad took a seat next to me, his thick curly black hair tangled into a knot at the base of his neck. His thick hands folded in front of him as he peered at me with golden eyes. “Can I help you?” I stuttered out. I was quite taken aback by his lack of manners as my personal space was being evaded.

“Looking for work are yeh?” My mouth gaped open at the man that sat in front me. Does he read minds? My thoughts raced as his gaze never left my face. Wait, does he know I think he does?! “Well? Cat got your tongue elf!?” He bellowed out of his chunky lips, spit spewed as he spoke and the spray hit my face. My head pulled back to avoid any further..DNA transfer.

My fingers pulled up to my face as I wiped the sputum from it, “How did you know?”

“I saw yer over at Marty’s place! Lookin like yer got whipped as he shot yer down!” His laugh boisterous as he chuckled at his own joke. Once he calmed down, “I can see when someone needs a helpin hand! Good news for yer, I am in need of someone to assist me.” His hand found my glass of mead and chugged it down, wiping the dripple from his mouth. Does this dwarf know NO manners! I calmed my temper as I had some choice words for his actions that have transpired these last few moments, but I held my tongue.

“Suppose I am looking for some extra cash, what are you willing to pay?” He is right in the fact I needed some money, and while he is loud and obnoxious, I could use the cash.

“120GP, if your good.” He winked at me as he spoke. He continued to chug down my drink as I considered his offer.

“What kind of work…exactly?” He lips turned up into a smile as he begin to tell me what I had exactly signed myself up for.
    Last edited by Light; 06-10-15 at 11:11 AM.
    I am no more than a coward, fighting for redemption.

~Lilith Kaethar~

EXP: 2,362, Level: 2
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next level: 2,638
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,638
    GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    The deafening laugh of Kenrick Iron-Spar vibrated the table we sat in as he smacked me on the back. Spilling the refill of my mead I had purchased after he so kindly drank mine. “I am in need of someone to accompany me to the Black Mines.” He gulped down another mouthful of mead as he continued his request. “Should be easy for yeh. Just make sure I don’t trip on a land mine!” His roar of a laugh bellowed out of his mouth again.

“So…you just want company?” I could feel the heat of the mead make its way to my cheeks as I sipped more. Do I look like a chauffeur?

“Something like that! An elf like you would be able to get into the Black Mines and out without triggering an alarm!” My ears perked at his remark. Steal huh? Perfect. My fingers twitched on my lap as Kenrick drank his fluid with ease. “Yer see, the bandits that claim the mines for themselves stole something from me. I need to get er back!” He slammed down his mug and motioned to the inn keeper for another.

“What did they steal?”

Kenrick pulled his head close to mine,”Ye just need to know they stole something precious from meh. I need yeh to sneak in and get it back for meh.” His breath reaked of alcohol as it hit my face. My nose pulled up in retaliation from the stench emanating from his mouth.

“I am no thief, Dwarf. However, I will assist you in claiming what is rightfully yours, but know blood may be split in the retrieval of this precious item.” I set down my cup after gulping down the last drop of mead. Kenrick smacked me on the back again as a smile spread on his face.

“Yeh have my thanks, Elf! We should be in and out no problem! We will leave first thing in the morning.” His meal arrived and he dove head first into the dish, inhaling every morsel of food on the plate. Honestly, it made me slightly ill watching him attack his plate that way.

“Morning then.” I sat up and swung my legs out of the table and stood up. The swirl from the mead still lingering in my conciseness as I picked up my belongings.

“W—a—it!” He spat out, along with food remains as his hands grasped my wrist. He gulped down his bite, “We should swap pleasantries if we are going to work together. The name is Kenrick Iron-Spar from Kachuck!” His thick fingers still clutching onto my wrist as I stared at the fire pit in front of me. “And yeh are?”

“Lilith. Just Lilith.” I ripped my wrist from his grasp and strided toward the inn’s room without another word to Kenrick.
    Last edited by Light; 06-10-15 at 11:28 AM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    The coziness of room 2D was a welcome feeling as I plopped down on the bed. It made a slight creak under my weight as my body made contact with the mattress. I laid down on my back and stared at the ceiling as the memories of the past few weeks flashed before my eyes.

Damon – his lifeless eyes glowering at me
    That bloody dagger
    Amra...

The faint glow from the lantern next to me flickered as my thoughts danced around in my mind. I closed my eyes and tried to push the tears that were trying to escape their locked gates. This sickness… no darkness…is starting to take over me, and when it takes control…I do not know what depths it will take me. My eyes flickered towards the dimming lantern on the table next to me. I could feel the vines of that...rage and sorrow as they were starting to envelop around my heart. I think it is starting to...take over.

I need your help Amra, I cannot fight these feelings forever.

I pulled my knees to my chest and I couldn’t hold it anymore. I let the tears fall as I let the sorrow take me for the first time since that fateful night. I cried until there were no more tears left, until I could no longer keep my eyes open. Then I let the darkness take me into its reaches as my dreams took over.

I dreamed of demons and blood, bodies scattered along the cobblestone streets. The screams of innocents rang in the air as flames licked up their corpses and consumed them. Pleading eyes from the children as the rotting undead sliced their families, their blood raining down on the streets.

I bolted up from the comfort of the sheets I wrapped myself in, sweat shimmered off my forehead as the air escaped my lungs in rapid succession. My shaky hands ripped the covers from the bed as the ripple of nausea overcame me. I spewed the contents of the rabbit soup into the trash beside the nightstand. Cold sensations cascaded to the tips of limbs and I hovered over the container, my body convulsing in fear. It seems opening the floodgates of feelings was a bad idea. When the feeling returned to my fingers and the nausea seemed to settle, I laid back onto the bed.

What am I getting myself into? The last time I joined someone…I killed him.

I groaned and slung my arms over my eyes, “What a mess,” I sung my feet over the edge of the bed, changed my clothes and headed downstairs to greet my interesting companion for this mission. Kenrick was gulping down another mead as he howled with the other habitants of the inn. He saw me approach, slammed down his mug and bolted up from the table.

“There ye are lass! I was worried ye died in there!” He winked at me as he slung his revolver into its holster and chugged his last ounce of booze. I groaned again at the sight of this dwarf and his lack of manners. This will be a long trip…

I continued onto the exit without so much as a glance in his direction. The ring of the bell chimed as I pushed the door open and the rays of sun gleamed into my vision. “Wait the’r lass!” Kenrick came barreling out of the inn directly behind me. “Ah the warmth of the sun! Ain’t nothing like it!” His face gleamed with decaying teeth as he basked in the glow of the day’s light. I slung my bow over my back, checked my arrows and looked down onto Kenrick, my patience growing thin as I waited for him to tell us where we are going.

“Don' worry elf! Follow close to me and we will get yeh back home with all yeh limbs still attached.” He saunter himself due west through the streets of Kachuk, fellow khazah waved and greeted Kenrick with warmth and smiles. I followed close behind him while I admired the towering buildings of the city. While the dwarves may be short in stature, their construction of their buildings was mesmerizing.

I found myself touching the stone work that laced around the framing of the buildings. The glistening glow of the golden gargoyles that guarded the rooftops above, glowered down on the citizens below. I found myself spinning around to admire all the symmetrical buildings that surrounded the town’s streets, all were packed close, yet it did not seem crowded. The rambunctious voices of the fellow citizens of this great city sailed along the streets, caught in the wind and carried toward the heavens.

We eventually made our way to the looming city gates – cast in bronze and elaborate engravings, I could not help myself from stroking the details with my fingertips. The guardsmen waved us forward as we entered the dusty, barren desert before us. The heat from the moist-less air invaded the cover of my clothes as sweat began to peak at my forehead.

“How far of a walk is it to these mines?” My feet ached from the countless hours we spent meandering around the desert floor. I was surprised at the lack of noise from the dwarf since we left the protection of the cities walls. I clutched my water tankard and brought it to my lips as I let the icy water pour into my throat, satiating the throbbing dryness in it.

“Bout a day. We will need to make camp soon before the sun sets.” Kenrick lost some of the life to his voice as he now spoke. He seemed to be guarded and lost his curiosity in small talk. I was slightly interested in the stolen item was of his and why he seemed secretive about it. Perhaps it was a powerful weapon? I bumped into Kenrick who seemed to have stopped in his tracks, my open container of water splashed up into my face.

“Ready your bow, Elf. We got company.”
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 01:07 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    A vortex of burning sand enclosed Kenrick and I, the force so strong our feet began to pull towards the center. I dug my heels into the loose sand in an attempt to grip my stance in his whirlwind of dust. The beads of sand imbedding themselves deep into the depths of my skin as the air whipped in around us. I could not see what was causing this sudden gust of debris, for the air was thick with dirt. I pulled my hand up to shield my eyes from incoming damage from the crystals. “Hold onto yeh knickers Elf!” Kenrick shouted in my general direction but I could see him no longer.

The grime in the air began to enclose around an entity 15 meters to our north, it swirled around faster and faster until it compacted itself into the form of a man. My eyes began to peek open, the sand from earlier began to make its departure from my vision. The being before us was rusty in color and comprised of the elements around him. While, it had the rough figure of a man, it had no lips and no facial features. The only thing was it had dark pitted holes for eyes, no pupils lay in them, but you could feel the gaze of the monstrosity before us. A small circle of sand continuously danced around the creature, as if this thing was somehow a part of the desert.. It held a thick, heavy looking blade in its grasp, dripping with…blood.

“What the hell is that!?” I rasped, sand caught in my lungs as I gazed at the creature that stood before us.

“That’ll be a Sand Devil, Elf. Feared beings in this desert and highly dangerous.” Kenrick gritted his teeth and he slowly withdrew his gun from its holster. “It may look human, but do not be fooled. It uses the blood from its victims to give its form and a real nasty piece of work.” The Sand Devil slowly turned its gaze down to Kenrick, seemingly determining if we are worth a battle. I pulled my bow from my back, withdrew an arrow from my quiver and knocked into place.

“How do we kill… a creature made of blood and sand?” I looked down at my bow, a weapon that has saved me on more than one occasion, but I do not see how an arrow can defeat sand.

“Fire.” Kenrick’s eyes narrowed as he began to pace to the right of the creature. “Lots of fire.”

Of course. Something I am useless with. My gaze fell at that notion.

“Do not fret, Elf. You just happen to be the in presence of a dwarf who brought fire with em.” Kenrick winked at me as he pulled a small bag out of his pocket. Brought fire? “I just need ye to distract him while I set the trap.”

I nodded in his direction. A distraction is something I can definitely do.

The Sand Devil continued to inspect us, not moving an inch as we began Kenrick’s plot. I pulled my bow up to shooting stance, pulled the string taught, and took aim. I inhaled slowly, closed my eyes and listened to the beating of my heart.

*thump, thump*

One. I slowly began to release my breath gradually.

*Thump, thump*

Two. I could hear Kenrick moving to the right of my, slowly shuffling his feet along the desert terrain.

*Thump….thump**

Three.

My eyes snapped open, determination rang in my iris’s as they locked onto their target. I felt the release of my fingers on the bowstring and the arrow sing as it left the cradle of my bow. It whistled towards the enemy, like a lioness charging her prey for the killing strike. The creature’s attention whipped in the direction of my arrow as it made contact with its torso. Its grainy hand wrapped around the penetrating structure and yanked it from its chest. It’s head cocked to the side, as if analyzing what just pierced its cavity. The Sand Devil snapped my arrow in half, as if it was a bug under its feet.

I pulled another arrow from my quiver and nocked it into my bow, the creature raised its hand and a light emanated from around him. I released another arrow in his direction, “Come on, Devil. Show me why you’re feared so!” I yelled as my arrow sank into the being’s neck. Kenrick was about 10 feet from me, crouched and drawing circles into the sand.

Hurry Dwarf.
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 01:04 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    A sound erupted from beneath my feet as immense tentacles burst from the ground and laced around my ankle. I tossed my bow as the tentacle ripped me from the ground and held me upside down. I withdrew my dagger from my boot and sliced at its sandy grip causing me to plunge to the ground below. I landed with a loud thud, my dagger flinging from my grasp when I hit. “Any day now Kenrick!” I pulled myself back onto my elbows and two more tentacles wrapped around my limbs and tossed me back into the air. It gripped tightly around my legs and arms, another one made its way for my throat.

“Yeh doing great, Elf!” Kenrick’s laugh bolstered from his lips. “Just hang in there a bit longer! Almost ready!”

I promise to the Gods I will punch that dwarf!

The grasp from this creature’s magic tentacles gripped tighter around my throat as the air in my lungs began to diminish from lack of oxygen. My eyes flashed toward the Devil, his focus still on me. So, it seems it can only attack one of us with this magic. My vision began to darken around me as it squeezed tighter and tighter. I clawed at the gripping force around my throat, my fingernails scraped along the sandy structure. A loud crack exploded around me and a flash of light beamed across my vision as I felt the air rush back into my lungs. Four more loud bangs whisked around my eardrums, causing the tentacles to released my trapped limbs, before I plummeted to compressed sand below me. I landed on my stomach, the air escaping out of my chest once again, a cut from the small rocks in the dirt sliced into my chin when I landed.

I lift my head to see Kenrick, revolver in hand and small puff of smoke leaving the muzzle. “Are you mad!?” I gasped at him. “You shot that thing at my throat?!”

“Saved yeh life didn’t I?” A proud smile spread along his mouth. I lifted myself from my feet only to have something whiz underneath my footing and caused me to collapse to the ground on my behind. A laugh burst from Kenrick as a shocked expression danced along my face. “Seems yeh got a suitor elf!”

I threw a deathly glare that stopped him from letting a laugh come out of his smug grin. I grasped my bow to my left and rolled back onto my feet as I removed another arrow from my quiver. I pulled the string tight and shot it back at the sand creature. “Are you finally ready, Kenrick? I am running low on patience.”

A wail escaped from the Sand Devil’s area as my arrow sunk into the socket of its ‘eye’. The shrill shriek shot through my core and we both fell to our knees, clasping our ears. The air seemed to shake with the cries from this monster as the tentacles retreated back into the desert’s depths. The creature began to walk towards us as we were immobilized by the screams of the beast.

“Kenrick!” I yelled as the sand creature continued towards us, now a mere 7 ft from us. I could feel the wind begin to pick up around the two of us as he came closer.

“Calm your panties, Elf! It is exactly where I want ‘em!” Kenrick yelled back. The air whipped faster around us as my heart beat picked up with the impending doom looming nearer. The Sand Devils foot landed in a small circle of rocks that Kenrick had placed there earlier, a burst of orange and crimson light encircled the creature. The heat from the source was intense and I pulled my hands toward my front to protect me from the burning wind. The beast was encapsulated in the fortress of illumination and heat, as I watched the fire coat the sanded being.

Once the fire consumed every free space on the creature, a blast burst outward and knocked both of us onto our backs. Debris flung back and crashed down all around us. Small rocks beat down on me, cutting up my hands and arms as I outstretched them to protect my face. The smoke dug into my lungs from the explosion and I began to cough up sand and debris.

Kenrick shot up from the ground beside me, his arms straight in the air with him. He brought them down with joy as he snapped his fingers across his chest. I slowly made my way up onto my elbows, my chest, arms, throat all screaming from my ‘distraction’ techniques. His beard had some embers along the edges from the blast and his skin blackened from the soot. “God damn that genius bastard!” Kenrick’s resounding voice singing with fondness and pride. His eyes glanced in my direction as he made his way to my location, he outstretched his thick arms towards me. I grasped his arm and he yanked me to my feet, the ground swirling underneath me.

“What…the heck was that?” I stuttered out. My hand rested on my forehead as I tried to obtain my balance and my ears rang. I have never seen such sorcery, especially from a non-elven person.

Kenrick smacked my lower thigh as he spoke, “That’ll be fire powder!” A satisfied grin spread across his mouth, “My son made it!”

“Fire…powder…?” My head begun to spin faster until I fell to my knees again, nausea swept through me and my stomach heaved pure fluid.

I swear, this dwarf is trying to kill me.
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 01:22 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    Lilac and orange spread across the sea of the sky as the sun began its descent into the depths below. The warmth ingrained in the sand from its rays, started to escape into the night’s air. The chill mixing into the now heat-less atmosphere, my eyes flutter to the blazing fire before me. I wrapped myself tighter in my cloak as I laid down onto the desert floor. A concussion, multiple lacerations on my body and a sore ego were the results from my encounter earlier.

Kenrick was warming his hands next to the fire, “Seems that Sand Devil made a pup out of ya?” A sincere smile wafted at the edges of his lips. He reached into his pack and pulled out a small vial, the liquid inside sloshed around as he tossed it in my direction.

I caught the vial before it hit the dirt, “No thanks to you or your ‘fire powder.’” I pulled off the cap and the alcohol inside
    burned my nostrils. My face retaliated away like a child who places his hand too close to the fire. “Thanks, but no thanks. Alcohol does not sit well with me.” My voice was hoarse from the strangling magic that almost claimed my life. The small purple bruises wrapped around my throat and limbs from the intense asphyxiating they just endured.

“It’s not for yeh belly elf, it’s for the cuts. It’ll burn like hell, but it keep them from getting infected” He pulled a tankard from his waistline, “This is for yer belly.” He sloshed the fluid inside as he opened the container and glugged down some of the whiskey inside. A small wink escaping his eye while more fluid drippled out of his mouth.

I snorted at his remark. I pulled some cloth from my med pack and coated it in the fluid. The aroma was quite overpowering as it soaked into the cotton, one could pass out alone from it. I dabbed it onto the cut on my chin and an intense burn shot up my face from the contact. A hiss escaped my lips as my hand shot up to try and protect the invisible heat tingling around my wound. A chuckle came from Kenrick at my reaction to his medicine.

“We are gunna have to toughen yeh up, Elf.” A genuine smile danced on his lips as he stared at me.

“Don’t make me shoot you with my bow, Dwarf.” A grin fell onto my face as we challenged each other around the fire. While Kenrick’s first impression was anything but exceptional, he has a gentle nature about him.

“Would not dream of pushing you to that point,” He pushed his legs out in front of him and fell back onto his elbows for support. The fire continued to glimmer a soft combination of coral and orange in front of us, our thoughts and words drifting into the flames as they escaped into the night.

“So your son made your powder? You must be quite proud of him.” A sat up and crossed my legs in front, pushing my hands closer to the blaze for warmth.

“Aye, lass.” Kenrick’s eyes lowered toward the flames. “A bright lad. ‘Bout 13 years old, smart as a whip.” His eyes shown true proudness as he described his son, but something hinted at the edges. “Us Khazud do not dwell into the magic your kind does. But we do enjoy tinkering with the elements to stir up our own power.” Kenrick pulled a small paper from his pocket and handed it to me. “My kid is well on his way to changing our stance in this world. He would like yeh. He has not seen many high elves and would probably pick yer brain on yer kinds magic.” A laugh trickled out of him as his continued to ponder on his son.

I took the photo from his grasp and looked at the stout young boy in the photo. His eyes bright and cheerful, jet black hair like his dad’s. Innocence rung in his posture but there was something menacing in his facial grin. My fingers traced the photo as I stared at it,“How exactly does his powder work?

“Simple really. Just use it with an alchemic sigil and the powder become combustible. The moment someone steps onto the sigil, it activates and…well you get the picture.” A giggle rang from his mouth as I handed him back his photograph.

“So what exactly are we going after here? A weapon? Something your son made?”

“Well Elf. Power that could be used from the item we seek and havin’ it fall into the wrong hands…will spell trouble for all.” His face turned serious as he spoke. “You see, sometimes man, elf or dwarf, take something they do not fully understand. We merely see the power and control one could obtain from such an influence. “ I sat up onto a rock as Kenrick spoke, my elbows planted onto my knees.

“I will tell you this. There are people that wish to exterminate all magic, including the people that wield it.“ My ears perked to this concept, my fingers twitched with dread at such weaponry. “That mage gunner runnin around, harnessing magic in a solid form and blasting folk with it…she herself is a weapon we do not fully understand. People see what the future can hold with something like that, what…possibilities lay ahead. Makes ‘em nervous, envious of such power even.” Kenrick pulled himself up and crossed his arms across his chest. His eye lowered to the engage in the sparks fluttering along the desert floor from our fire, there was a flare of deceit I could sense on his gaze.

“So…you are trying to stop these bandits from looking into this item or weapon?” My fingers enclosed into a fist as I raised it under my chin, resting my face on it. My thoughts racing at the possible future Kenrick was describing. A world where magic is something possibly non-existent, even feared. Should he be correct about his theory, I hold terror in my heart for the future Althanas has in store.

“Well...this is where I may have lead ya slightly astray when we first met." Kenrick reached around to scratch his head, "Yeh see, my son was able to create a gun similar to hers. “ My eyes snapped to his direction, my mouth gaped open. “Some dark elves heard about it and raided our home and stole the weapon and…me son.” Kenrick’s hands balled into fists and slammed them down onto his knees. “ Them Dark Elves be a nasty folk, they’re always looking for the next dynamism to bring them back to force. Even if that means creating things they do not understand and takin my son to feed their own lust for revenge. Rumor even has it they had some part in the mage gunner’s abilities. Mutating people even." His eyes darkened as he spoke the last few words.

"Not many folk will come chargin head first into a Dark Elf cave for a stranger. I had to sort of...deceive ya." He leaned back onto his palms, a sidewise grin on his mouth. "Er, sorry about that."

My heart skipped a beat when Kenrick mentioned dark elves. My parents always warned me about them, saying they were composed of only hatred and darkness. They were banished for soiling the good elven culture, to know they were capable of building such weapons…such monsters…did we only fuel them more?

My arms folder across my chest as I absorbed what Kenrick just admitted. "While I do not like being deceived to Kenrick, I too understand the feeling of having someone you care about ripped from your grasp..." My eyes darted down and my fingers began to fidget. "Just do not make a habit of it, truth goes a long way with me." I looked back up to him to see a glint in Kenrick's eye, genuine sentiment on the corners.

I cleared my throat and got back to the plan, “So, this abandoned mine..the dark elves who took your son and his invention..they are there?” My fingers laced under my chin as I my mind began to churn with ideas on how to get in and out without too much notice.

“Aye lass. And I want us to get it back and destroy every last one of em.” Kenrick hands balled back into fists as his gaze rung fierce staring into the blaze. My eyes flashed up to him to see the hatred smeared on his face. “They can’t go back knowing what they know. They won’t stop until they get what they want, even if they means taking my son prisoner for their selfish gains.” My eyes fell and I watched the sand sweep across the terrain and into the wind. I could feel Kenricks heart ache at what these dark elves did and I understand the pain of some one important to you being stripped from your being. The thorns that have begun to weed themselves into my soul responded with a sting to my heart as I listened to his tale.

My fingers curled into fists as I made my choice.

“Let’s do it.” My eyes pulled up to meet Kenrick’s strong gaze. “Let’s kill them all.”
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 01:55 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    There was a crunching sound emanating from the sand as it was being crushed beneath my feet. The jarred mountain front of the Black Mines loomed towards the heavens, while large onyx colored rocks littered the sides and ground before us. The smell of dirt and blood wafted in the air particles around us as we slinked our way to a grand boulder at the peak of the entrance. Kenrick and I ducked to its safety and we began to prepare our weapons for our encounter.

My fingertips felt like live wires of electricity as I grasped the limbs of my bow, tingling with adrenaline. My breath was even and calm, my mind empty and clear as I counted my arrows. Kenrick loaded his revolver and swung another gulp of his mead to calm his nerves. I see this is something he has never done, raiding a large camp and completing a mass murder.

“Neither have you,” my subconscious yelled. This may be true, but someone needed my help. An innocent boy. I was not about to fail another person, and these elves are no saints. I will slaughter them all if it meant saving Kenrick’s son. My eyes peaked over the ledge of the rock and saw two watchmen to the entrance of the mine. “I can handle the guard to left, you get the one on the right?” I whispered to Kenrick. He nodded in my direction and I ducked back to the cover of the boulder and darted to the comfort of the rock on my left.

The two dark elves were staring blankly ahead, their arms behind their back, military style. I withdrew my bow and placed an arrow into place, my eyes returned to Kenrick and he nodded that he was ready. We would have to quick and quiet for this to work and for us remain undetected. Kenrick shuffled out of my line of sight as he began his way towards his intended target.

I crouched on my knees as I peaked my bow around the safety of my rock’s shield. Placed my aim for the center point in the elf’s head, a silent death will prove the most useful. I hope Kenrick is ready as I felt the bowstring leave my fingertips, the arrow hissed out of position and glided towards its mark.

The arrow struck the elf square between the eyes, dropping him to his knees and finally to the ground. “Intruders!” The second dark elf yelled, he withdrew a small pistol from his holster. Kenrick pounced on him like a hungry wolf taking down its prey from behind a near rock.

The axe sunk deep into the elf’s skull, blood splattered along the rock surface wall. A gurgling sound was the last thing heard before Kenrick yanked the axe out of his skull and swung it with full force, decapitating the elf there. His head rolled along the craggy, desert floor while the body slumped forward and joined his fellow guardsmen to the afterlife.

Kenrick turned to face me, blood coated his face and torso from the attack, the look of a mad man smeared on his face. I realized I had been holding my breath during the entire encounter, my lungs screamed for air. I released my breath and stood to my feet, “Remind me not to piss you off.” I said as I approached the dwarf.

Kenrick flipped the axe in hands and returned my remark with a smile. “I could say the same Elf.”

We picked up the bodies and shuffled them out of sight for we were unsure how many remain. We kicked the dirt around the blood smears to further hide their deaths from possibly prying eyes. Kenrick believes there are around ten dark elves that comprise this bandit group, but he is not entirely sure. If there are more than that, we may have just entered our death arena.

We scurried inside the entrance to the mine, small torches lined the walls in random distances. The smell of earth and salt swept in the air and rubbed our senses. Darkness lay behind every corner, our nerves were on fire as we dived deeper into the mountain front. Skeletons and corpses lined the cave’s walls and I felt a small shudder run down my spine at how many lost souls are trapped here. Soon we heard voices drift along the thinning air and a brighter light shown around a corner. We ducked behind it and Kenrick peaked his head, “5 or more.” My breath caught and my fingers itched for my arrows.

“Any sign of your son?” I whispered, fearing my words would travel to our prey.

Kenrick’s silence answered my question. No sign of his son and we are pretty deep into this cave. Either he is not here, or possibly…dead. My hands gripped my bow tighter as the rage navigated from my heart to my fingertips. My mind muddled with memories of my own failures, I pushed myself off the wall and around the corner, bow pulled and an arrow ready to claim their souls for Hades.
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 02:01 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    The arrow released from my grasp.

It whistled in the air, accelerating as it quickly approached its intended target. The brilliant cobalt fletching dancing in energetic rotations while continuing onward.

The tip collided with the skull of its victim, claiming his blood forever. The sound of iron impacting flesh rang in the atmosphere as the elf plummeted toward the depths below. The hands of the Reaper stripping his mortal soul from his corpse before his body landed onto the rocky earth.

I reached around and pulled another arrow from my quiver and placed in my bows cradle so it may claim its next vial of blood.

I faintly heard Kenrick behind me, cursing me under his breath as he joined in my blood bath. My next arrow already leaving the comfort of my bow’s housing as it made its way toward my next target. The elf I set my sights to dodged my arrow and rolled back onto his feet, withdrawing his own crossbow. I grasped my fingertips around the fletching of my next arrow and pulled it from the quiver.

Bravery or a death wish were propelling my legs forward, inching me closer to blood the my darkness seemed to be craving. Blinding me from the chaos that erupted around me.

The remaining elves were no longer taken by surprise and began discharging their weapons. I felt a sharp pain impact me into my bicep, but I pushed onward until I had the elf within grasp. Adrenaline coursed through my veins as memories of Eylon flooded and clogged my survival instinct. The dark elf pulled his crossbow taught and loaded his arrow into place.

He pointed it at my chest and fired.

Blood exploded out of my back at the arrow penetrated my upper shoulder, an intense pressure from the blow vibrated my chest cavity. I was so blinded by my rage at what they may have done to the boy, that I continued until I wretched his crossbow from his slender fingers. I tossed it down onto the ground and kicked it onto the back wall. I pulled my arrow up over my head and sunk it down toward my next victim. His arm reached up to stop the attack as I drove the arrow toward his heart. The tip pierced through his hand and blood was liberated from his palms while it flowed down and out his hand.

I pulled it up again to deliver the killing blow but I felt hands wrap around my arms, stopping them from pushing down. They wretched me up and flung me across the room. I slammed into the wall, the force knocked the wind from my lungs. My head hit against the jagged surface and the room became a bit foggy. I heard hollers as dark figures pounced on me where I lay. I could feel their fists slam into my body and nails scratching my exposed skin.

I no longer heard Kenrick around me as the darkness from the mass of bodies surrounding me blocked the lights and limited the sounds. My fingers stretched for my hidden dagger in my boot until they found the smooth, cold handle. My other arm raised and tried to block the blows that continued down onto me. Blood gashed from my lip as one made contact with it and I could feel my organs screaming in protest at the damage they were sustaining. I began to withdraw the blade when all the hands suddenly left me. An intense light casted down onto my vision, blinding me for a few seconds.

“Well…what do we have here?”
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 03:25 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    A raspy male voice echoed along the cave’s walls. My eyes began to adjust to the light as I noticed him walking towards me. Looking to my left, Kenrick was being held by another elf, bloody and broken looking. “Khazad trash and an High Elven traitor perhaps?” The thin, gawky dark elf knelt down before me, his slender fingers grasped under my chin, forcing me to look at him.

He had burning, emerald eyes. Long, thin black hair and blue-ish colored skin. His cheeks were sunken and hollow, teeth white with a villainous smile dancing on his narrow lips.

“They..just charged in. Killed two of our men!” One of the elves spat out.

“Only two of yeh? I think I counted four.” Kenrick gurgled out. The dark elf holding him slammed his head back into the wall and it fell forward, unconscious. The apparent leader’s eyes still glued onto my face before him. A small smile shown on the corners of my mouth at Kenrick’s remark.

“I counted five.” I spoke distinctly with sarcasm dripping on my words. One of them made their way to silence me, but their leader put his hand up to stop them. He pulled my gaze to his with his boney fingers still wrapped around my chin.

“Such a mouth on garbage.” He made a ‘Tsk, tsk’ sound with his voice after his comment. “That is no way to speak to your enemy when they hold your beating heart in their hands.” He forcibly let go of my chin as he gracefully rose to his feet. His men wrapped their hands around my arms and yanked me back onto my feet.

Their leader’s back facing away from me, “I would ask why you decided to storm into our camp, but I see who accompanies you, and I already know why.” He spun on the back of his heels and returned his unnerving gaze at me. My head was pounding with pain and I felted a sharp stabbing pain from the arrow still imbedded into my shoulder. He walked towards Kenrick and pulled his head up by his hair, “Looking for his boy.”

I gritted my teeth and struggled beneath their grasps as he spoke. The adrenaline and fog that clouded me a few moments ago now fading as I looked around at the blood and gore that splattered all the walls. My breathing calmed once again and guilt for getting Kenrick in this position crept into my heart.

“I really should just kill you, however it is not every day we are accompanied by such guests, right boys?” They all mumbled and fake cheered at their leader’s comment. “We are in the market for more test subjects, mine just...don't seem to last long.” His last words sent icy waves of dread down my spine. More cheers came from the crowd.

What did I do? I let my own pain blind me and for that I may have just sent Kenrick to his grave for it. I cannot let it end like this, he counted on me…like Amra. My jaw clenched as I tried to summon that rage again, but was left with only the burning pain from my shoulder wound.

“Oh ho, what kind of look is that? Anger?” He clasped his hand in front of him, a malicious grin on his lips as he slowly walked toward me. “Good, you two will need that rage. Harness it. My test subjects do not last long without it.” A wicked laugh escaped his lips as his men dragged us forward toward some small iron doors. Ice tentacles of dread gripped the edges of my heart as we approached them.

“Welcome to the Black Mines Elf. I am sure your experience here will be an enlightened one.” He pushed them open as my eyes adjusted to the sight before me.

So…this is what Hell looks like.
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 03:26 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

GP

Name
    Lilidith Kaethar
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    *Drip*

*Drip*

The chilly water dripped from the ceiling and landed onto my sunken cheeks. The fresh moisture felt good, relaxing even, as I opened my eyes to the nightmare around me.

The clinking of the chains rung in the air as my hands grasped the links in an attempt to lift myself for even a brief moment. I have been strung up by only my arms for what felt like days, my toes barely scraping along the stone floor. I was only in a grungy tank top and underwear, the sting of the cold nipped at my exposed wounds and skin. The smell of alcohol and blood stained the atmosphere around me. The glint off the faint torches, my only form of light in this dismal place. There was an operating table to the left of me where I have spent torturous hours screaming from the blades they dug into me. There were no windows, just jagged black walls that formed a square like room with an iron door - the only way in or out of this room. It did not stop the screaming from getting in however…

Cries of their other subjects echoed in the halls and also deep into my core. They scarred not only my body with their tools, but my heart as I heard them talk about what they were doing to others. They would push you to your limits with blades, electrocution, alchemic monstrosities, and then bring you back from death’s grasp. There were times I prayed for them to let me perish, but I promised Kenrick I would help him. I cannot let him down…

From what I have been able overhear from my many ‘visitors’, Kenrick is alive. Still no word on his son, but that does not mean he is not here. I just needed to wait until they thought I did not make it back from their ‘testing’, then I could plot my rescue of him. I was able to sneak one of their alchemic pills that would stop our hearts for one minute, that would be all the time I would need. I just had to break it with my teeth and it will be lights out.

Blood tickled out of my mouth as I tried to pull my lips into a smile at the thought.

I heard thudding footsteps approaching my door. Perfect, right on time.

The door swung open with a loud creaking until it rested to stop. The gentleman that stood before me was Owen, one of my favorites. Not for his kindness to me I assure you, he just has a special way of testing his subjects. One that has brought me to death’s door on more than one occasion. He was slinky like the rest, cropped blonde hair that was slicked back and always…neat. Just like his cuts into your flesh, also clean and deep. His dark black eyes always stone, no emotion. If this was a taste of the dark elves we banished from Raiaera, I can understand our choices.

“Well good morning, Lilith.” A cold smile on his lips as he slithered into the room. My head slowly lifted to meet his stare, drool dribbled out of my mouth and onto the floor. All this shock therapy is doing on number of my reflexes. “You look ready for today’s lesson.” He carried a clipboard and his box of ‘toys’ behind him and up to the counter. His little assistant snuck into here as well and began her way towards my chains.

The click rang in the air when she unlocked them and I slumped down to the floor, my knees wobbly and weak. His female nurse catches me and we begin our way to the table. I swing my legs up and onto the cold, iron operating table and the sting of it hits my flesh, awakening my senses. They wrap the smooth leather restraints around my wrists and ankles and check their tightness.

“No witty remarks today, Lilith” Owen says as he pulls a large gauge needle out of his bag and squirts some fluid out of the tip. “Perhaps your finally learning from our previous lessons?” A frail grin danced on the tips of his lips.

“Not yet, Doc. But the day is young.” My voice weak but the bite of my sarcasm still in my words with a meager smirk on my face. I would not let them break me.

“Oh, well that may cost you then.” He slammed the needle tip into my chest, the intense pressure built up in my chest as he squeezed the fluid into my cavity. The coolness of it spreading into my lungs and outer veins. My teeth gritted as I felt the mixture make its rounds in my circulatory system. Once the bitter cold was finished, an excruciating burn began throughout all my nerve endings. I tried to stifle a scream from my throat, but the agony was too much. I felt the fingers of darkness make their way into my vision as the torture overpowered me. “Not yet, Lilith. You know how this works.” I felt the sharp stab of another needle into my forearm as the pain began to dissipate instantly.

My breathing returned to normal and my hands unclenched. Sweat beaded at my brow and my heart was beating with high intensity. “Seems your magical circuits are still firing, that is good.” His tone seemed almost bored as he jotted down his notes, the pen scrapping along the notepad.

“Guess you wouldn’t know that feeling, would you?” Mockery on my breath, I wanted to rile him up.

That means he will administer 'treatment'.

The same uninterested look was etched onto face, like a statue frozen in place for all time.

“Seems we need to up your medication with a tone like that.”

Perfect.

He pulled the black box from underneath the cart and set it onto the metal counter, three dials on the front with metal prongs on the top. He hooked up his power, and the dials shot to life and power ran through its circuits.

My palms began to sweat in anticipation from what was coming. This would be the moment I would bite down on the pill and it will be lights out. He connected the headset to the power output and his frigid fingers placed the gear on top of my head. The crisp coolness of the metal felt good on my balmy forehead. “Ready Ms. Lilith?” His tone dull and lifeless as he was about to send 100 voltz of raw energy into my nerves.

“Always, Doc.”

A smug grin smeared on my face as he flipped the switch.
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 03:36 PM.

~Lilith Kaethar~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast