Gnarl
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue

View Profile
    Telana felt a little confused, what on earth was he actually saying to her? If he was suggesting they need not give up, she was fine with that, but any suggestion that they were not in such a dire situation was just absurd.

The pain from her wound ever growing, and the blood seemingly ever pouring, she refused to look down at it as she felt the warm blood squeeze through her fingers. It was a scary thought to consider the fact she may be dying, slowly.

She felt a little faint as she leant her head forward and pressed her free hand into forehead; the light headedness beginning to take some effect on her as it began to override her stubbornness. Maybe she had gone as far as she could go and maybe she wasn’t supposed to be free again, oh how she hated the thought of dying while still being a prisoner.

“You’re not from Talgadria are you?” She questioned him rather confidently.

Gnarl feeling a little concerned to her situation remained down at her height as she rested against the wall. The mixed feelings to being worried she would die, but then the counter argument that she really wasn’t his friend so why should he care? Maybe he had a chance to find out.

“No, I am from a land called Husral, though I am so far from it now I know not how to return.” Gnarl found himself being maybe a little to honest, but considering they were probably both dead maybe it didn’t really matter after all.

“I have never seen Talgardia beyond the walls I have spent my incarceration in. I didn’t even have a window of which to look out of, it is a shame because I would liked to have at least seen the sun. I could tell you know…I could tell you were like me, lost from further away than any Talgardian could understand.”

Gnarl watched her carefully as she muttered to him, her face a little pale, her voice a little shy from earlier, and her eye contact from those beautiful blue eyes lessened. Gnarl felt she wanted to say something, after already admitting her cell had no window, he could deduce she was treated much harsher, an even deeper more locked down part of the prison maybe.

A couple of cautious footsteps sounded from behind the door and Gnarl picked himself up. Both Telana and Gnarl stared at the door lock, a simple latch lock that could be lifted by either side. At least the chair propped up behind would ensure it stayed closed; for now at least.

The door shuffled slightly, the lock lifting and dropping followed by a thud as the person on the other side tried to barge in. Gnarl's felt his nerves kick in again, it was clear now they had not been missed, not been forgotten and with no real route of escape, they would have to fight a enemy in a much larger number than themselves.

The door thudded again, the heavy weight wanting to shift but withheld by the chair jammed up its latch. Stepping back Gnarl gripped his axe tightly and picked up his discarded shield, he would at least be ready for a fight. Telana dragged herself across the floor, walking on her knees for a moment before Gnarl couldn't withhold his sympathy any longer.

"Get off..." She grumbled as he leant in to help her. She had no intention of being looked after, even if she really did need the help. "Urgh...What the hell did you get on me?"

The green ooze on her hand after she pushed him was more slimy then runny, but it looked rather gross as it ran over her free hand.

Gnarl looked down at his top, the green slime situated right over his chest, and confused to where he came from he almost jumped back as if avoiding a spider.

"Your necklace..." Telana pointed out...the chained necklace's green stone had melted, and no longer hung from his neck. Giving it a quick tug, the strength of the necklace had waned, snapping like paper it fell to the floor; useless.

Telana smiled as she removed it, appearing much less confused than Gnarl as she tried to rub the green mess from her own chest.

"Ha..haha...Hahahahaha!"

Gnarl didn't see what was so funny, but it was much less amusing and more a laugh of relief as she looked rather pleased with the whole thing. The door thudded again reminding them of where they were, but again as if something was willing them to carry on, to not give up; the floor shook.

Electricity filled the air, sparks appeared and flashed across the room from nowhere, what was going on? Again the door shook as the once dim store room began lighting up and shaking as if the gods themselves were trying to tell them something.

Losing his balance for a moment Gnarl dropped to one knee as his axe slipped from his hand and fell to Telana's feet. Her laughing had stopped, but her grin, just like when he first saw her by the marble fountain remained.

"You're gonna need this." She smiled handing it back to him.

Then reminiscent of what had happened earlier, a strange bright white light lit the room and emerging before the a much smaller, much less hostile, but glowing with strange sparks of cloudless lighting a sort of portal, a gateway with no door to open. The glowing orb quite frightening in appearance blocked the doorway and remained just about large enough to fit the average person inside.

Gnarl partially shielding his eyes stared at it, confused and unsure to what was happening and what was going to happen to him as he knelt before it.

"Go in, go in, go in!" A familiar rough voice shouted. "Stop cowering and jump in, jump!"

"What?" He turned to the injured Telana, who still looked fading.

"Down here!" The voice called again.

It only dawned on him then, Stoney had been silent all this time. As if something had been disrupting his presence or speech, but now free to talk again, Stoney may have arrived to give some good advice at a well needed time.

"Stoney....Are the God's telling me this is it? Am I never to leave this place?" Gnarl looked over to Telana, her eyes closed, but still breathing, he didn't want to leave her to die, but what could he do? "Tell me what to do Stoney! Tell me..."

The door thudded heavily again, and this time the chair moved, dropping down to the floor with a crash behind the portal. One more hit and the door would open for sure, if they figured the lock was released they wouldn't even need to barge through.

"The God's offer you the only way...jump through the portal, and slay Keats the betrayer..."

"What does that mean?" Gnarl stared down as his bulging pocket awaiting a better reply from Stoney.

"You've been given the power to slay they betrayer, break his will and you'll save yourself..."

Gnarl looked back at Telana once more, her hand still gripped her wound, but she seemed much less by the second. It went against everything his heart desired, everything he believed in, but he would have to leave her, he would have to save himself. There was nothing he could do for her, and he would have to convince himself later that it was the right choice, but he had no time to feel guilty right now.

The door crashed open and the portal sparked with yet another large electrical spike that shook the room. Gnarl finally gritted his teeth, raised his shield to his chest and ducked his head. Charging with all of his might and using every last bit of energy he could muster to sprint into the portal; he slipped through.

His eyes closed, he felt the air change with a sudden stillness, the smell of blood still remained but the warm air now no longer presented the static feeling he had just experienced.

Opening his eyes he now faced across a new room, and standing before him two dueling men. Was this what Stoney meant? Was this what he was supposed to do? The smarter more extravagant room separated him from them with tables and paper work, and he stared across in shock as they seemed unaware of his entrance to this place.

His axe suddenly felt warm and without warning it glowed a clear light sky blue that illuminated his hand as he held it close. Then as expected his presence was soon discovered, with the surprised eye’s of the standing man zoned in on him. Not a word was uttered, but the silent stare between the two remained as they each questions one others motives.

“There he is…” Stoney repeated. “Keats…He stands before you, Keats the betrayer…”

Keats knocked back his black hair with his free but bloodied hand, caring neither for this wound or his familiar looking opponent who lay almost defeated upon the cold marble flooring before him. The surprise of Gnarls arrival was overridden by the sheer arrogance that Keats felt invincible; he was powerful, protected and confident in his present moment. Why should he acknowledge a mere prisoner, even if he was where he should never have been.

Gnarl pushed his axe up to his neck, tucking it under the broken prisoner necklace and then flicked it away as it sliced easily through the chain allowing it to free fall to his feet. It was more than just jettisoning loose crap he had been forced to wear, it was the start of his freedom and Keats would regret his arrogance.

"I believe the God's are telling me to kill you...Keats..."
    Last edited by Gnarl & Root; 08-19-15 at 03:54 PM.
    The Destroyer of Worlds

Part 1: The Gnarled Roots of Osiris
    - Philomel ~ "One of the best "opening" threads by any character I have ever read."
    Part 2: The Truth we Left Behind
    -Currently writing-

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Bewilderment was a word that could only begin to explain the look that crossed Keats’s face. This new adversary had appeared out of thin air and had begun issuing threats, rambling on about some divine orders he had received to kill him.

It was utterly ridiculous that anyone but he and Shinsou should be here, given the level of magic required to access The Cartographer, and the Telgradian was left hoping that this absurdity was some sort of illusion. Perhaps Shinsou had cast some sort of disorientating enchantment that had struck him without him realising it, but somehow Keats knew this to be untrue.

“Had you not been standing before me, I would have called this an impossibility. But…” Keats said as Shinsou lay crumpled at his boots. He sniffed. “…by the smell of it, it seems you managed to re-open my portal, whoever you are. That’s the scent of Dakuatsu hanging in the air. Quite an achievement.”

The Telgradian tried to get back to his feet, but a swift kick from Keats to his ribs sent him crashing back to the floor, all the while his Dark Lance clenched in his grip. A stream of blood trickled from the corner of Shinsou’s mouth, staining the Cartographer’s floor beneath him.

”…however, you are too late. Whether you are here to kill me, or rescue him, or both, it doesn’t matter. You see, no Telgradian can so much as lay a finger on me now.”

The man’s face was entirely unfamiliar, and yet something about it tugged at the deepest recesses of Keats’s memory. It felt like there was something he wanted to remember, but he just couldn't remember what. Despite this, his breath hung on the air, the anticipation of being so close to reaching his goal making his hairs stand on end.

“It is decided! I will kill both of you, then! I will offer you as blood sacrifices to Temperance, and with his seal broken, I will create an empire of the likes that has not been seen for thousands of years, one that will span all worlds!”

Heavy rain began pelting the windows, the only source of light from the outside world in the Cartographer, leaving streaks of water where it travelled. Reaching out, Keats drew his hands towards the man, savouring the sensation as his fingers began to tingle with the familiar feeling of the readying of Dakuatsu forty, Shinohai.

It was his most powerful attack. Soon, a huge wave of razor sharp ash would travel at over one hundred miles per hour towards his foe, engulfing him, and there would be nothing that anyone could do to stop him.

“Let the scales fall from their eyes, the blind, and let them know their own powerlessness. Let the wind carry their ashes to the sun, and scatter them."

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Reaching beyond the stars
    EXP: 4,150, Level: 2
    Level completed: 72%, EXP required for next level: 850
    Level completed: 72%,
    EXP required for next level: 850
    GP

Name
    Gnarl
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue

View Profile
    Gnarl listened to his words, maybe he would have been intimidated if it had been another time, another place with another opportunity. Yet here, out of nowhere, there was a sudden but definite inevitability to the situation. Gnarl felt he was here for a reason, to go through everything he had endured and to be here now must have been the will of the Gods, he was sure of it.

For everything he had lost: for all the time spent in isolation, for his survival of the battle behind him, and for his strange new friend he had to leave behind; Telana. His presence was now here, staring across a room he had never witnessed before, at a man he had never met and bearing a strength he had never felt before. His instructions were not ambiguous or unclear, his target stood but a few meters away and his weapon of choice was held tightly in his grasp.

His new found vigour rushed through his body like adrenalin, nothing Keats could say would change his mind, and Keats relaxed turned aggressive posture was a clear sign of intent that he was exactly the person Stoney was referring to.

"It is decided! I will kill both of you, then! I will offer you as blood sacrifices to Temperance, and with his seal broken, I will create and empire of the likes that has not been seen for thousands of years, one that will span all worlds!"

Gnarl heard everything, every word, every embellished remark that left his mouth. He had heard this before, he had seen the devastation that people like him can and have caused. Was it evil? Maybe it was, but Gnarl didn't truly believe in it, all he saw was a desperate man, a man who had lost his mind to believe he could attain such power, such control over life and everything he can achieve with it under his wing.

He had to be stopped, he had to slain here, right now before he could hurt anyone else, because more families would die. Gnarl had lost his own to a man like this, he could not bear to allow someone of his personality to exist.

"Now...Kill him now!" Stoney urged him on. "Be free once more..."

Keats began to thrust out his hands in Gnarls direction as the rain outside shrouded the empty atmosphere with life. A flash of light erupted from outside, but no thunder shook the room as Gnarl leapt into action, stretching into a sprint as he carried his Buckler shield over one arm while his axe remained ready in other.
    Each step closer felt like it took a lifetime, but his trance remained locked into Keats insatiable unmoveable glare. Both men in full belief that they were about to end the life of the other, there were no tactics being played, just a simple outright attack to end the other.

Gnarl, exhausted on the outside had only one intent, to live another day.

After all this time it comes to this. I put my trust in you Stoney, show me I am not completely mad...Show me that you really are here to guide me beyond the point of death today...

Stepping away from the open space, Gnarl leapt up onto the next table, it large bulk and sturdy build able to hold his mount. He charged across the table top, kicking the few objects that littered the surface as he concentrated on his target. Then, jumping with all his might he rode the air like a bird aloft the sky, his shield dipped, his axe up above his head. He appeared to defy gravity as he cleared the gap between the table and Keats while still in flight.

His glowing axe swiftly slicing downwards, his shield dropping but still a front as Keats raised his hands to meet. They clashed, Keats attack like a cloud of daggers crashed into Gnarl's shield as he fell upon him, while his axe came down and struck the shoulder of the apparent unarmed man.

Then like the shattering of glass something exploded out from Keats as Gnarl's axe made connection, his magic stopped as a white light expelled from between them causing the two men fly apart. Keats left the floor and crashed into the rock wall, while Gnarl flew backwards across the opposite side of the room, smashing over the table he had leapt from, then rolling into a pile of dormant chairs.

His shield still linked over his arm, but the weight now held him down, dazed and hurt from the impact his axe was nowhere to be seen. He lay there amongst the furniture, his arms spread out like an eagle, his head now aching, and his body feeling weak. What had just happened?
    Last edited by Gnarl & Root; 08-19-15 at 03:53 PM.
    The Destroyer of Worlds

- Philomel ~ "One of the best "opening" threads by any character I have ever read."
    -Currently writing-

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Shinsou was barely conscious and the world around him seemed to be blurring into a sickly haze, like an oil painting ruined by a water spillage. His joints ached where Keats had struck him and where he had impacted the cold, hard floor. Blood flowed in crimson torrents from his lips, dripping down his chin and forking down the front of his neck. The salty taste upon his lips from the liquid was an unfamiliar one that stunned him momentarily – there weren’t many people who had caused the mighty Shinsou Vaan Osiris to bleed – but after a few moments, his mind snapped back to reality.

Flicking strands of brown matted hair out of his face, Shinsou looked up to survey the carnage before him. As he did so, he caught sight of Keats slumped against the northern wall of the Cartographer, lay prostrate amongst the debris one of the many mahogany bookshelves that lined the chamber walls. A pair of wincing, dark eyes looked back toward him, the glowing bruises above his cheeks visible even in the dim glow that fought through the thick rain clouds outside. His features were gaunt and frail, almost as if something had leeched the life from his body, and his chest rose and fell harshly as the man’s lungs tried to work through the pain of his injuries.

Shinsou managed, slowly, to push himself onto all fours. His breath was laboured to the point of almost choking and his strength felt sapped from Keats’s repeated assaults, but eventually the Telgradian staggered to his feet, swaying like a rubber man before eventually steadying himself on two feet. His first steps were slow and small. He looked down to his right hand to see his Dark Lance still somehow locked in his bloodstained grip, and began to amble past the Cartographer’s stone pedestal in the centre of the room. Ahead of him, his target was spread across a pile of books and broken wood, barely moving.

Then, suddenly, reality was sucked into pure, brilliant white.

Shinsou panicked. The floor, the walls, the whole Cartographer had exploded into a million tiny fragments of reality that spun away from him uncontrollably like shrapnel. Was this some sort of trick or illusion? Was Keats doing this to him?

It wasn’t long before he realised, alone in the void, that he could no longer feel the pain of his injuries or taste the bitterness of his wound upon the tip of his tongue. His clothes were clean, his hair swept back into its usual slick style. His arms and legs were no longer aching, and his magic had dissolved into nothing.

“Where am I?”

He wasn’t expecting there to be a response, so when it came and took form of a softly spoken female voice, it startled him.

“The question, Shinsou, isn’t where you are. Right now, it is who you are. I will help you…remember.”

The woman’s form seemed to manifest through a cloud of grey vapour before his very eyes, and took a moment to fully appear. Her hair was brown, straight, falling in soft waves to the middle of her back. Strands hung in layers about her glowing face. Her nose was petit and her cheeks were smooth. Her clothes seemed to consist of a flowing gown of light, one that Shinsou’s eyes could never really focus on, as if one were gazing into ultra-violet light. She gazed at him with green eyes that sparkled, beautiful things that regarded him with a warm interest, and yet all the while seemed to enquire.

When the realisation hit him after a few moments of reflection, Shinsou’s eyes widened with shock.

It couldn’t be.

“…Rhovani?”

In the blink of an eye, the atmosphere changed and for a moment it threw Shinsou off guard. The air became hot and dry, but laced with a familiar scent of Jal Shey bitterweed that caused him to squint unflatteringly. They now stood in the ruins of a vaguely familiar Telgradian valley, one he couldn't place off the top of his head, but a looming statue blinked into focus against the burning red sky as his eyes adjusted to the dying light.

Then, he knew. This was the Valley of the Jal Shey Lords.

“Five years ago, you, as General Atlas Revaan, came to the Telgradian Outlands to stop a separatist rebellion from tearing Telgradia apart. Under the guise of a war hero, you obtained permission to enter the Jal Shey territories, usually forbidden, to finish your campaign.”

That’s what I wanted people to believe. That’s what I needed people to believe.

“…Only that campaign was a lie. The separatists had long since been defeated, and were already crushed and scattered across Telgradia after the battle of Gaus years before. The war was already won, but so far away from the King’s territories you knew that no-one would be able to stop you entering the Outlands if you convinced your troops there was more to be done before the battle was over.”

I lied, but I had to. They tried to stop me coming for you. I couldn’t let that happen.

“The Jal Shey had taken me three years before you came, smuggling me through their outposts and into the deepest recesses of their territories. By the time you got to the Temple of Osiris, having ruthlessly cut through swathes of your enemies and having sacrificed the blood of your own men, there was nothing you could do.”

…It was too late.

The woman turned, staring towards the setting sun on the horizon.

“The beast you know as Temperance was created by the dark magic of the Jal Shey, and to finish their creation they needed a fuel source. However, for all of their experience in the black arts, they could never create anything that could keep it alive for long enough.”

You always had such a radiant smile and warmth I couldn’t understand in the cold light of day. Your beauty was unreal.

“I was dragged into the temple’s lowest level, stripped bare, and forced to watch as their disgusting creation of bone and shadow consumed all of their living prisoners, but it still wasn’t enough. Then, the Jal Shey realised that I was of the bloodline.”

Your power, though, was even more potent than your beauty. A princess of the royal bloodline? They must have thought they had struck gold. Your soul alone was enough.

“I realised that there was no escape. Temperance consumed me without mercy, moments before you arrived. But, I thought, if I could just keep my soul intact, perhaps I could influence it enough to prevent it from harming Telgradia…from harming you.”

Nothing turned out right, Rhovani. Our bond…

“However, such was the strength of our bond that the darkness inside Temperance overcame my will and was able to manipulate you. Sentient at last, it used its vile power to transform you into Shinsou Vaan Osiris and send you to do its bidding across Telgradia. I couldn’t stop it, but I knew that if I tried, I could maybe weaken the link between you.”

It worked. The further away I travelled from the Temple of Osiris, the weaker the control over me was. But then, something happened. Even as Temperance’s influence started to break, my own feelings started to manifest. You were lost to me, Rhovani, because Telgradia deemed you lost to them and refused to help. The darkness Temperance had filled my soul with was replaced with real, almost tangible hatred. Out of that hatred I waged a relentless war against my people. I was responsible for tens of thousands of deaths.

Afterwards, inside, I felt a terrible remorse. Once the anger and the sadness subsided, I realised I was no longer the ruthless Emperor of Telgradia. I was in isolation with only my regrets and my war-mongering accomplice Keats left. Thirsty for power, his mind completely dominated by Temperance’s twisted grip, he wanted to purge everything Telgradian from the face of the planet. That’s when I realised I had to act, and by sacrificing my whole power I somehow temporarily sealed Temperance using the Cartographer on Althanas and faked my defeat.

I knew that once I was captured, the only sentence the council could pass would be imprisonment in Kokushi’s seventh level and a complete razing of my soul. They would store enough of my original essence in a Pillar vessel to ensure I could return to “myself” again. Keats would then come for me, and resurrect me under the impression we would be continuing our vendetta against the Telgradian Monarchy.

Rhovani turned towards Shinsou, raising a hand to his chin and softly stroking his cheek.

“…This, Shinsou, is you in the flesh. Free of that insatiable hunger for revenge. Free of your hatred.”

I’m not free of my hatred. I’m not free of anything.

Not yet.

Rhovani stood before him and clasped her hands demurely in front of her.

“Go, and do what you must to be free again. Shinsou, you are…”

The white void returned, wiping away the remnants of the Jal Shey valley, and collapsed in on itself to form a corridor of bright blue light. As Rhovani’s silhouette faded into non-existence, Shinsou followed the passage, which dipped sharply as it carried him back into reality. Strange sensations followed, from what seemed like him splashing through stagnant water to there suddenly being many openings along the walls, gaping mouths revealing endless chasms to the unknown.

The moment came at last when Shinsou finally arrived back at the chaotic scene of the Cartographer. A new surge of adrenaline welled up in him, empowered by his vision of Rhovani, his lost love, but this one he stamped down as he cast his eyes back towards the bleeding Keats. Shinsou, with renewed purpose, approached him, glancing back over his shoulder to see if Keats’s assailant was moving. He wasn’t.

As Shinsou reached Keats, the Telgradian’s former right hand man quivered and looked up. He no longer saw a man, or an Emperor. Instead, a demon loomed above him, his eyes ablaze with righteous fury, wielding his Dark Lance menacingly. Keats’s shoulders drooped and he cocked his head to one side, and his brain struggled to make sense of what he was seeing.

“How…how could I be so damaged?”

“That man…” Shinsou started, delighting in explaining Keats’s shortcoming to him before his imminent demise and gesturing back towards the motionless Gnarloc behind him “…was a prisoner in Kokushi, and part of the convict guard assigned to this mission. However, it would appear he was not Telgradian, obvious by having so easily been able to break your Jigoku Guard. Your arrogance in thinking you were untouchable and unreachable here in the Cartographer has proven to be your downfall.”

Keats winced. The sound of this mocking was deafening, soul crushing, coming from Shinsou, but the man couldn’t muster the energy for a response.

“Don't worry. I’ll give you a fitting end...for a monster. Goodbye, Jaeger, and rest easy knowing that Temperance will be joining you soon!”

With that, Shinsou recalled his dark lance, instead raising his left hand until it was level with Keats’s sprawled form. He tensed. There was a massive surge of adrenaline now, enough to chase off the aches and pains of his encounter, as the words of an incantation rolled from his tongue.

“Let the scales fall from their eyes, the blind, and let them know their own powerlessness. Let the wind carry their ashes to the sun, and scatter them."

From the gulley of Shinsou’s outstretched palm, the colossal grey wave of Shinohai’s deadly ash blasted towards Keats, finally answering the call of its master.

Keats’s heart, for the first time since he had challenged Shinsou, leapt into his throat as he watched Shinohai approach him. In those few seconds, as the deadly ash stripped the flesh from his face, rending asunder layers of skin and tissue, he finally felt true fear.

Strangely, he had felt that the moment he’d seen Atlas Revaan in his dormitory that it was going to come down to this. Gone were the safe walls in the Telgradian Royal Guard barracks where he had planned out Shinsou’s resurrection, replaced now only by the desolation of the Cartographer and the resting place of all of his plans. Keats knew he should be doing something, anything, to protect himself but now there was just acceptance of the inevitable. It felt like he was trapped in quicksand and no matter how much he struggled he couldn’t seem to move. The ash cut through his muscle and bones like a knife through butter, and before long the only remaining evidence that Keats had ever existed was the broken, scattered remains of his stripped, bloody carcass.

Shinsou lowered his hand, steadily, as Shinohai’s cloud dissipated in front of his eyes, leaving nothing but a bloodied mess where Keats used to be against the wall.

There was no disbelief, no remorse in his soul for what he had done. Keats’s eyes that had looked up towards him in those final moments were no different to those of any other murderer that had accepted their fate, that death had finally come to collect, and now that he had silenced this madman Shinsou finally felt somewhat vindicated.

And then, suddenly, he saw her. Rhovani’s image. He doubted his eyes, denied it, but her voice echoed around him. He felt strained by a sudden fear and exhaustion, and as her image momentarily superimposed itself on the side of the stone sarcophagus in the centre of the room, Shinsou’s legs gave in and everything went black, leaving a barely conscious Gnarloc alone in the Cartographer.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 08-26-15 at 03:03 AM.

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    There was something about waking up after passing out from exhaustion. The healing of the aches in Shinsou’s muscles that had plagued him for those few hours, the crackle of bone and cartilage shifting back into their rightful place, the blinding blur of the first glimpse of everything around him and the everlasting desire for another five minutes of just lying there.

Those feelings were just a bit of what Shinsou felt as he opened his eyes to the gold and white biblical mosaics of the Cartographer’s ceiling. He had no idea what had happened to him after calling forth Shinohai. Or, for that matter, what he was doing sleeping on a rather cold and hard marble floor, but he sat up and finally looked around the room.

…Rhovani?

A voice in his head urged him to get up and with more than a little effort he raised himself to his feet. Shinsou then remembered he wasn’t alone, and his head jerked instinctively towards the pile of debris on the southern side of the room where his unlikely ally had last been seen. Searching through the piles of discarded books and splintered wood, his keen eyes soon fell on a figure clad in the clothes of one of the convict guard.

He was breathing, and just about conscious.

“Can you stand?” he paused, offering his hand to the man.

The man, battered and bruised from the impact resulting from his brave assault on Keats, took it and hoisted himself up carefully, nearly slipping. When he was back on his feet, Shinsou noted how the man towered over him. He seemed to be almost built for fighting, but seemed oddly attached to a stone he now clenched in his left hand.

Very strange, but it wasn’t exactly a run-of-the-mill day.

”Whatever your motives for doing what you did, I thank you. I know you are part of the convict guard from Kokushi. I can also guess you aren’t Telgradian, judging by the way you were able to break Keats’s barrier….but there is something about you I can’t place…”

He just couldn’t put his finger on the nagging memory for some reason. It was like looking into a thick layer of fog; he could see that something was most definitely there, but no matter how much he strained his eyes, it remained fuzzy at best. Shinsou shrugged it off internally, deciding whatever it was, it could wait.

“Anyway...there are no guards left to worry about here. As long as your legs can carry you to wherever you intend to go, your freedom is assured. I hid the incantation to re-open the portal in a scripture here, so rest a bit and I will see to the gateway momentarily.”

Shinsou scraped back on his heels and paced to the eastern bookshelf, the only one still relatively intact. He investigated the contents shelf by shelf, running a finger over the smooth scarlet spines one by one and then allowing his digits to dance over entire volumes as he searched for the specific book containing the incantation for the portal.

It took some minutes but eventually the Telgradian located the scripture. He outlined to Gnarl what had unfurled here, and how he could escape to nearby Corone to save himself a harrowing journey in the wrong direction. Shinsou, meanwhile, would stay here for the moment and take advantage of the huge knowledge base available to him. Perhaps he would learn something that would help his mission to defeat Temperance. Who knew?

A few minutes later, the portal was open, and Gnarl was free to make whatever choices he needed to make on his own journey.

Epilogue

The moonlight poured over the now silent fortress, making the ancient building glow an eerie silver hue in the midnight darkness. The sky was devoid of cloud-cover, revealing every shimmering point of the celestial canvass. With the gentle wind stroking against the grimy, rain streaked windows of the Cartographer, each small rattle followed by the sigh of the swirling air, there was now only peace.

Inside the Cartographer, only one man remained, stretched out on the pedestal surrounded by the destruction caused the previous day. Within his hands he held a thick black book with hundreds of gold leaf pages and a heavy black script. Of all the books he had collected, this one he did not remember. Wherever it had come from, it had survived the chaotic activity from the day’s fighting, and now Shinsou set about studying its pages, devouring its information like a rare cuisine.

The Telgradian took a breath as the pages began to take him somewhere else. The darkness of night had completely enveloped him now, so he moved to the window to catch the only light there was. Here, in this library, he had realised he was both man and child. The further Shinsou delved into the knowledge he had painstakingly collected all these years, the more it made him feel that all that he had ever been was a newborn wrapped like a blanket.

As Shinsou flipped through further pages, he finally fell on one page, mostly blank except for a very small handwritten note. Intrigued, he turned from the window, the book still in hand, and walked back to the middle of the room.

The Jal Shey and Temperance are only the start. Turn your eyes to the Citadel.

After Shinsou had read the note aloud, the only sound through the Cartographer was the light crunch of the Telgradian's feet as he walked slowly over the marble floor, with only his curiosity left for company.

Spoils:

Magic:

Dakuatsu forty: Shinohai

Shinsou summons a cloud of razor sharp ash projectiles from his hands. The direction, form and trajectory of the cloud can be controlled by the user as long as it still exists and hasn't been nullified. This can be used once per battle and can cut metals up to steel strength.

The spell is nullified by water, and causes Shinsou to feel lethargic afterwards (until level 2 is reached) for a period of thirty seconds.

Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 09-03-15 at 09:29 AM.

GP

Name
    Gnarl
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue

View Profile
    Had he ever felt so mute before now? There had been many times of silence within the confines of his old prison cell, but it was rare for Gnarl to find such silence when being spoken to directly. Yet it was more out of confusion than actual ignorance towards the man he had inadvertently helped through his actions.

The truth was, he wanted Stoney to pass him some more advice; he needed some more knowledge, some more understanding to where exactly he was and why he was there.

“I see freedom beyond the portal, escape…” Stoney continued to rattle out random ramblings all leading towards diverting Gnarl out of the mysterious room.

Gnarl had lost his weapon, maybe lost his mind but at least he was still alive, it was proof that Stoney was doing something to help him. Evidently Stoney’s orders, however late they were had saved his life albeit with the unfortunate loss of Telana. Gnarl now stood staring out through the blurry murky portal, flexing about like shimmering unsettled water, but even as he stared back at the very room he had entered through, Telana’s body did not await him.

What did they do to her…

Gnarl peered back over his shoulder, Shinsou had wandered across the room; beginning to pick up some of the scattered belongings of the room. This place may hold some secrets for the man, but not for Gnarl, his destiny lay elsewhere and their encounter however beneficial was temporary and far from friendship. Maybe they shared the fact that they both wanted to be free from the mad men that had imprisoned them, but at this moment, that was all they shared and Gnarl felt no desire to continue to remain with him.

“Good luck…I hope you find whatever you are looking for.”

He didn't wait for an answer, while not ignorant by any means, he had other things on his mind he needed to attend to. He took one last look at the floor from where he stood. A few ripped pieces of paper, some broken and splintered furniture, but no hand axe in sight. His weapon missing, seemingly lost within the strange room that Gnarl was looking forward to leaving.

Stepping through it was once again effortless, a transition as easy as stepping through an open door, and as it faded away from behind him to leave the very entrance he had not long since tried to barricade, he left yet another person behind. At least this one he didn't need to regret.

The room was a wreck with nothing left as he had remembered, the dusty messy room now a mess of destructive proportions. The shelves collapsed, the old weapons and racks astray upon the stone floor and the many boxes shattered or knocked and damaged to one side of the room. It was more than someone just searching, these items appeared blown across the room; had the portal done such damage upon its arrival?

Gnarl had never looked back after he stepped through, had the portal been even more destructive behind him as he passed through it? The door now stood widely ajar, it's latch broken but it's entrance empty. Gnarl walked cautiously out into the main corridor, the now empty hallway echoed his every foot step as he wandered into it's still air. The stench of death was evident, but only one body lay crumpled upon the wall opposite the store room. The soldiers jaw hanging loose, dislocated and bloody, his weapons lost and his armour pierced and gaping but the murder weapon not to be seen.

A long line of sprayed blood spread across the floor in arches, the amount of red suggested there should have been bodies, but none remained. Had they carried a wounded comrade it was possible they couldn't stop the bleeding, but it's direction and spray seemed unlikely. Gnarl couldn't help but continue, it's not like he could progress further into the castle; he needed to leave his immediately.

Remaining calm, he knew he needed a weapon, his shield while sturdy and relatively undamaged was no offensive weapon; if only he had not lost his axe. Each step was as careful as the next in an attempt to remain out of sight as well as ensure silence. Moving from pillar to pillar along the open hall it was his only cover should someone step back into the hallway.

Then the background ambience picked up, no clashing weapons or war cries, but rain. Hard bouncing rain that battered the gravel outside and began to wash away the blood that filled the courtyard outside. Gnarl stood confused in the open doorway, more bodies, more blood and now even some weapons of which he could use should he need it. Yet, no battle raged on, no enemy to combat, no look outs on the search for him.

Just a single woman standing drenched in rain within before the large partially opened gate of the castle. The guard house door wide open with a pair of legs hanging out, and her position surrounding by a circle of dead bodies. Gnarl froze nervously, cautious to a fault at times, but this was serious, was this a survivor in the rain, or a psychopath who had mercilessly murdered all of those around them. A short but bloodied blade hung limp in her hand, her hair soaked through hung down over her face, while the old leather clothing remained cut in places, ruined by the rain but still holding together and covering her modesty.

Telana...?

Gnarl wasn't too sure, was it really her stood there. Her posture looked tired, maybe even injured and taking a moment to rest after the battle. The whole ambience of the moment was sounded by the rain, Gnarl taking a moment to think, stepped out into the rain, leaving the dry inside to suffer the cold drenching water that was the rain full of this land.

Crouching beside one of the dead he lifted the axe from his dead grasp, his hand falling to the floor. He felt he could have made as much sound as he wished, she couldn't hear him over the rainfall; but he took his time anyway.

Her head finally raised, the first bit of movement since he began approaching her through the gravel field of dead bodies. It was a scary silence as he pushed Stoney even deeper into his pocked, he couldn't afford for him to slip out and get lost amongst the rest of the gravel.

Then as if she could hear him approach, her posture turned to face his direction with her long hair hanging lose and shrouding her face; she slowly curtained it open. Mustering a smile as her nervous eyes locked onto his, she awaited his first move contemplating what he would do or say. Gnarl feared he did not truly understand the look that came his way, never completely trusting the stranger come ally. His hand gripped his new axe tightly, he had to be careful once again, yet his face reflecting his concern smiled back as he tried to hide his uncertainty to their position.

Then, her only weapon dropped to the floor, the well used dull metal blade landed with a slap as it struck the rain sodden ground, and her face somewhat relaxed with that same shy smile towards him.

"I thought you were gone..." She shouted through the rainfall.

"I thought you were dead?" Gnarl replied dropping his vigilant guard as his tense pose relaxed. His face, now with streams of rain pouring down his cheeks and running off his chin like a minor waterfall. The heavy downpour was quickly becoming a storm and waves of rain began to shift in direction as a gust blew across the courtyard.

"I thought I was...I must have passed out. But when I came to I was alone..." Telana spoke almost hesitantly as she wandered up close to him. "I grabbed a sword...and wandered back out, it's like they all killed each other?"

Gnarl looked at their feet once again, the many dead men; full of fatal wounds, ripped open and gored to death in a variety of manners. How had they both been so lucky? It seemed unlikely, but then again it seemed even more unlikely that she could have just arisen from her state and killed all those men.

Gnarl attempted to look down at her side. "Your wound?" He questioned as he tried to see the previous injury, to which she quickly covered with the palm of her hand.

“I’m not as bad as it looked…I’ll be ok.” Her voice trembled ever so slightly with even more uncertainty.

Their eyes continued to focus onto one another’s questioning their intensions, thoughts and incentive’s. Gnarl was sure she was hurt bad, but in all the commotion he had never witnessed the actual wound, merely the blood that seeped through her fingers. He had felt concern for her before he left, should this position really change his mind of that?

The momentary silence was more unconvincing than the last one, but Gnarl felt tired of this place, the large portcullis was raised and the gateway gaping open ready for their exit. Maybe she hadn’t told the entire truth, maybe there was something more to her than what she was ever going to admit. Yet right now, she held no weapon, nor did she threaten him as they faced one another, alone.

“Let us leave this place…I do not wish to join the aroma of death.”

Telana managed another smile, and as quickly as that, they both realised that this was the end of their fight. They may not have embraced or celebrated, but just leaving this place alive was good enough for them. So, with a more relaxed demeanour, and full of relief they walked out of the castle grounds together.

The thunderous rain would continue, their escape a slow and tiresome affair that would not see them pursued. The further away they got, the heavier the rain seemed to fall and the darker the cloud full sky became. The wind picked up considerably, the view before them unclear and the walked path became almost invisible beneath the mush of rain sodden grass and mud.

Was this Gnarl’s new life? He hoped it would have more in store for him than just rain, every inch of his body was water logged, and his every step seemed to slump and squelch as he came to a stop. Telana beside him, he turned around to face the once bright castle to which he had arrived in this mysterious place. Now it looked truly dead and void of life, the dull and dark shadowed structure remained a prominent feature of this land and it would take some time to escape from its aspiring towers, but he knew one thing; this was the last time he would lay eyes upon it.
    The Destroyer of Worlds

-Currently writing-

GP

Name
    Gnarl
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue

View Profile

The End?

Gnarl opened his eyes to the morning sun, having taken shelter under a broad oak tree from the wind and rain, he hadn't slept very well. The large ground foliage around his position was enough to break the wind and give him some peace from the storm, sat peacefully on the edge of a forest path.

He rubbed his eyes gently as he adjusted to the light, his hair and clothes still damp he felt it sticking to him as he adjusted his sitting position.

"Gruagh...." He moaned as he struggled to shift his clothes, the leather peeling off his skin with each tug; the soaked in rain a real pain in the ass.

"Good morning." A familiar voice sounded before him.

Gnarl looked up properly and there before him sat Root, his long and loyal feline friend who had taken far too long to find him.

"ARGHH!!!" He cried out in shock, his hands waving around as he rolled over and tried to gather himself up to his feet. "A TALKING CAT!"

Root sat bemused by the situation before answering with the solution.

"She's not here...She left some time ago."

Gnarl looked around, his surroundings of greenery and growth natural but lonely; bushes to his right, a path to his left and the large Oak tree sheltering the small area in shade. Telana was nowhere to be seen, and only Root, the same cute black and grey cat sitting before him upon a sizeable rock to keep him from the mud.

"Where did she go?" Gnarl questioned confused.

"Hopefully a long way away from here."

"Why would you say such a thing? You did not see what we had to go through to get here!"

"Nor would I wish to Gnarloc. Your journey so far has not been an unpleasant one and it is my job as your friend to ensure it improves significantly."

"I do not understand you."

"I found you last night, as you both sheltered beneath this tree, the weather was...distasteful to say the least and I felt impressed that you had survived without my guidance. Then I realised who you were sleeping next to..." Root's voice trembled a little as he got serious. "I would never have believed she was here if you had told me...You must stay away from her Gnarloc, she is pure evil.

A woman she appears to be, but once she recovers from the restraints that had weakened her for so long, she will become what I knew her as. The...Destroyer of Worlds. We, we in our attempt to free you have released her upon this world...the very power that destroyed mine..."

Gnarl approached and then knelt before Root, looking directly into his oval shaped eyes and did not need to ask if he was serious, he could see the pain hidden beneath the soft exterior of his small cat face and soft fur.

"Such a power cannot be described in such a small space of time...There is so much to say, so much to explain why we should leave this world and head to another."

Gnarl picked up Root and placed him on his shoulders as he stood up tall and looked outwards from the Oak tree. Did such a beautiful world deserve to be left alone? Did Gnarl need to run away again? No, not this time.

"Then why am I still alive?" Gnarl questioned as he looked down at Stoney now in his left hand.

"Your messenger to the God's doesn't tell you very much does he?" Root mocked as he adjusted his sitting position on Gnarl's shoulders.

"No...But he always has a plan. If he wanted us to leave this place he would tell me. Let us follow the path Root, maybe it will have a surprise ending for us."

"Alright...But let me be very clear here Gnarloc...If it turns out this rock is just a rock, and you're talking to yourself, I'll be very upset with you."
    The Destroyer of Worlds

-Currently writing-

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Thread Title: The Gnarled Roots of Osiris
    Judgment Type: Full Rubric
    Participants: Shinsou vaan Osiris and Gnarl & Root

Please PM me if you would like any more commentary on any further topics.

Plot: 21/30

• Story- 8/10

Shinsou: You spin a really great adventure, that, though it is long, really grips the reader and wants them to keep going. It is actually the right length for such an epic as this, and in all effect could be made even longer. It has good moments of tension and builds well, and though perhaps is somewhat sudden with the revelation that Atlas is actually Shinsou, this in itself definite aids the potential for futher stories after. A really great introduction to such an interesting character.

Gnarl: Likewise to Shinsou the reader definitely has the sense that this is the opening story to a whole set of adventures from the outset, which in effect it is. All of the characters the reader meets are well constructed and aid to the overall story. For all the sense it is believable, and definitely captures the attention of the reader, from beginning, through the complex middle and out to the end.

• Setting- 7/10

Both: Both of you had varyign strengths in setting, and weaknesses, which will be detailed after, however one point to definitely highlight before that is your consistency with one another. You began with different people, but when you got to the portal your writing smoothly came together and you wrote in a collaboartive fashion, constructing a really good scene in a completmenary style.

Shinsou: For want of mentioning begin to end, you do create a very good backdrop in post 1 with "nothing" and then going to "light," and then finally opening on to the Kokushi itself. There is a firm sense of the character behind it, placing the reader into Atlas' shoes, and showing what he can see as he comes to, which is exceptionally powerful (see character, persona). Weaknesses in this point, however, mostly dwell in the realm of what else you could do to improve from this point - there was a very good base for description but definitely you could begin to pull in some alternative senses, colours etc in further parts aside from the beginning to continue this strength.

Gnarl: Throwing the reader directly into the thoughts and situation, you open in a cell, wherein there is a great deal of rich description ("outstretched shadow of the bars," post 3). You continue to use such as the thread goes on, though an upkeep as good as one as you start with would benefit you. Try also to bring in some techniques such as similies to aid you further also.

• Pacing- 6/10

Shinsou: Pacing was more or less very steady and good throughout. There was a lot of conversation and minor adventure in this piece, and so the pacing needed a consistency that you stuck to well. It could have picked up somewhat when you had the change of Atlas into Shinsou himself, but Gnarl actually sped this forward in his post following.

Gnarl: The fight in post 16, was when pace really picked up, and up to then it was balanced and even, so very good. Shorter sentences perhaps would help to make it faster even more so, but else you picked up the pace exactly when it needed to. Thick chunky paragraphs also are sometimes a little difficult to read, especially with so much going on so try to use shorter sentences (such as "Then, boom," in post 16) to really pull out all you can.

Both: Other than these suggestions for speeding up the pace when it needs it, you wrote very well together and pulled the pace back down in steadiness at the end (or should I say "the end?").

Character: 20/30

• Communication- 6/10

Shinsou: You have two definitely characters, or rather, personalities, that come out of character for you. There is the obvious person we start with, Atlas, then Shinsou who has his memory back. There is a difference between them, from the meeker Atlas, (“Thank you…” post 2) to the more headstrong Shinsou who has a definite sense of power about him ("For that, I congratulate you," post 15). There is a consistency between the two in each of their own posts, and it is especially strong when Shinsou makes his own mind in the end and becomes something encompassing both Atlas and Shinsou in posts 24-25). There could actually be more distinct difference between the two and a more obvious merger, but you have a very good stead.

Gnarl: Gnarl is made partly by his rough and direct way of speaking. There is not much use of communication within this thread for your main character, and a better balance coupled with action and persona would be good. The other characters you have (Stoney, Nius etc) have clear voices also, but more distinction between them would help. Try adding nuances and certain turns of phrase to really give your character a "voice".

• Action-7/10

Shinsou: There is less of a disctinction between Atlas and Shinsou when it comes to action. The majority of your actions have a purpose, which is always good, and are followed through with no empty ends ("waiting to be unleashed on command." in post 17). Overall you could have more of a personality behind the actions - in this case meaning habitual movements etc.

Gnarl: There is expresses a kindness to Gnarl, especially when concenred with Telena ("Gnarl replied upset by her hesitance," post 18). This couples well with his brutish strength and his fighting movements, that are all written with clean sentences and litle confusion. This judge really liked the way you used adverbs to pronounce some of your actions, but in general a higher use of communication and persona beside action could be used.

• Persona- 7/10

Shinsou: I did not notice too many uses of internal thought, though there were some definite moments of consideration of your character. The way he deals with the revelation that he is in fact the emperor Shinsou is perhaps a little fast and not quite realistic, but the rest is really good in expressing something of the persona. What was particuarly strong was the opening sequence of an 'where am I' type of scenario that from the outset gripped the reader and got them enticed with the entire story.

Gnarl: You have a fair use of internal thought that you use to bring across the idea of the 'inside Gnarl' such as his thoughts towards Telena and his calling out to her in post 26. There is an endearing sense of strong personality in some of your later posts, when for instance he considers what the portal is truly like, however more of these would aid your sense of persona if you had them from the beginning.
    In future threads I am also looking forwards to reading more of Root's character. Super excited to see what becomes with that relationship.

Point for both: Remember that persona does not have to be direct internal thought, it can be musings and opinions on what is happening third hand.

Prose: 18/30

• Mechanics- 5/10

Shinsou: For you spelling is altogether solid, as is sentence structure. You do have some punctuation issues, however, especially in concern to speech: in post 15, “Predictable.” Keats said" instead should be "Predictable," Keats said." Paragraphing is used not only correctly but very cleverly and I do really like the way you vary the length of them, making powerful points.

Gnarl: You have both some small spelling errors as well as some puncuation errors. In post 14 you use "their" instead of "they're" an abbreviation of "they are". Also in psot 14 there was some speech issues where "It's definitely the right time." He replied with a glare. ..." should be "right time, he replied ...". If you use a "he said" or "he replied" you should have a comma after the speech as it is part of the speech itself. Sentence structure was more or less good. There are a couple of moment when you have a little bit of clumsy paragraphing, but just make sure these are neat and adhere with most of the plot and pace and you will be in good stead.

• Clarity- 7/10

Shinsou: Clarity was not much of an issue here in standard terms. The only real negative thing this judge has to say is in relation to when Atlas changes to Shinsou - for a while when Shinsou is first "Shinsou" it is confusing to know what he actually wants. It is clear that he is not with Keats but on my first read I was confused and needed to go back to clarify this. Else, the story was very well written.

Gnarl: Not much to really say here. Very well written and actually pretty clear. I followed most things through, and though a couple of times near the beginning I did need to read back (posts 3 and 4) it became clear on the second read what you meant and proved to be due to the fact I had read too fast.

• Technique- 6/10

Shinsou: Overall you write extremely descriptively. There are some really great strong moments when you describe the battle and all the terror going on, and you have Shinsou still standing there stoically. There could have perhaps been more effort put into the pillar going through Shinsou and transforming him into the emperor, so there was something of an opportunity missed here.

Gnarl: A very good base from starting out from. You use a good amount of adjectives mixed with adverbs as well as colour and a couple of similies, with also some graet alliteration ("rattling room" in post 3). I would encourage more use of the latter two, a well as thinking about metaphors and imagery. Nothing jumped out at me as wondrous or captivating, most of the enthrallment was in the story itself, so definite room to grow here. But great base.

Wildcard: 7/10

For pure story - awesome. That is literally all I need to say.

Final Score: 68/100

Note on Spoils: Since this is a spell in itself and not a weapon etc that can be calculated at a cost, this is not something that this judge can directly assess cost of. For now it will not be able to be claimed but it will be placed to the attention of RoG and admin staff who may be able to assist.

Shinsou vaan Osiris receives:

• 1280 EXP!
    • 200 GP!

Congratulations!

Gnarl & Root receives:

• 1190 EXP!
    • 190 GP!

Congratulations!

** All rewards have a small amount of discretion added for one of the best "opening" threads by any character I have ever read.

Judge Quote of Note: "“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” ― Philip Pullman
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-02-15 at 02:58 PM.
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Extra Commentary on Spoils:
    It has been cited by the staff that since this is a spell and therefore an ability it cannot be claimed as spoils. Please contact RoG on your level up.
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomel View Post
    Extra Commentary on Spoils:
    It has been cited by the staff that since this is a spell and therefore an ability it cannot be claimed as spoils. Please contact RoG on your level up.
    No problem, Phi. I'll include it in my level one profile instead.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast