Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

^ I see your point, but that would perpetuate this even further. The world is changing and separate is never equal.
    There will be blood.

(09:19:09) Max_Dirks: (whispers) nah I've read your stuff, you're trash like an emerald isn't a ruby

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytti View Post
    I honestly consider being gay wrong. However, I also consider forcing your belief on somebody else to be wrong as well. So as long as those places that don't like gay marriages aren't forced to do the ceremony for the wedding, I don't care.
    Not quite sure how being gay can be wrong. At the end of the day it's not exactly a choice. However I guess it is your opinion and you are entitled to it as much as anyone.

The law will likely force churches to implement the ceremony. Ironic, really, that the law wishes to recognise equality of beliefs and criminalises those whose own beliefs go against those very principles it is trying to uphold.

In the UK, its been quite a devisive issue. The church seems to be warming to the idea, though. Probably because they realise they can no longer stem the tide.

My own opinion is very clear: I simply don't care if you are gay or not. As long as you are a good person that's all that matters.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 06-26-15 at 05:45 PM.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

If a Christian church decides they don't want to host a gay marriage then they should not be forced to do it. As everyone knows the Christians are against homosexuality, so don't force them to do something they are against. Yes, everyone will hate them for saying no, it will become big news and crap, but it's their choice. Ya don't like that they say no, go somewhere else that will say yes.

EDIT: just my opinion, I you don't like it then please don't attack me. Also, I am not trying to change your mind, don't try to change mine, it won't change. Thank you.
    Last edited by black shadow; 06-26-15 at 05:45 PM.
    "The lives of others are more important than my own."
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

Il'Jhain Runner
    EXP: 20,399, Level: 6
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 6,601
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,601
    GP

Name
    Mordelain Saythrou
    Race
    Tama
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'12"/155llbs
    Job
    il'Jhain

View Profile
    The only thing better than marriage equality would be dissolving the antiquated, meaningless legal ceremony altogether.

Nobody can put a price or condition on love. Not God, nor god, nor science divided.

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordelain View Post
    The only thing better than marriage equality would be dissolving the antiquated, meaningless legal ceremony altogether.

Nobody can put a price or condition on love. Not God, nor god, nor science divided.
    My Church begs to differ. £850 to get married before the bellringers even turn up!

Done up like a kipper.

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    The Marriage Ceremony is a human thing. God only said that a man shall join with a woman and they shall become one.

Genesis 2:23–24

23 Then the man said,
    “This at last is bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
    she shall be called Woman,
    because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

He never actually mentions a ceremony that has to be followed.
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytti View Post
    The Marriage Ceremony is a human thing. God only said that a man shall join with a woman and they shall become one.

Genesis 2:23–24

23 Then the man said,
    “This at last is bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
    she shall be called Woman,
    because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

He never actually mentions a ceremony that has to be followed.
    He also didn't make any mention of a rabbit delivering chocolate eggs in the night, but Hallmark got that one nailed.

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    you're right. And there is no mention of Jesus's birthdate either. Many things that happen in society happen due to humans wanting it to happen.
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    EXP: 9,299, Level: 4
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 4,701
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,701
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    There are only a handful of instances in which homosexual practices are mentioned in the bible, as I recall.

The listing of the laws of the Jewish people, to which non-Jews are not held subject, and which only says that a man shall not lay with a man, but also says that a married couple may do as they wish with each other and that sex is for enjoyment first, not procreation (it says nothing of lesbian relationships, except that a woman is not to be touched while she is menstruating). The laws of the Jewish people, as well, are largely for the purposes of ritual purity, as the Chosen people, and as such are required to give up quite a few things, and more if they are of Kohenite or Levite lines.

The listing of the Seven Noahide Laws, to which all non-Jew followers of God are held subject, forbids homosexual relations, but within the context of the time it was specific to the Greek practices of requiring apprentices to lay with their masters, and also the Babylonian and other regional religions' practices of altar boys (children) as sacred prostitutes. I think we can all agree that these practices were wrong on the deepest level, and so could the founders of Noahide Abrahamic religion (from which Christianity and Islam descend).

And the particular practices of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, from which the term sodomy derives. But sodomy, even from its original usage, implies specifically rape, and so forbidding it is more about protecting bodily autonomy than it is about forbidding a particular type of relationship. As well, those cities were punished for repeatedly and flagrantly disobeying the Seven Noahide Laws, even after being warned by the representatives of the Israelites.

And on another note, churches, priests, ministers, reverends, et al have always been allowed to refuse to marry a couple for any number of reasons, from not being members of their church to not considering them to be appropriately devoted to each other. This reason will be viewed, in the eyes of the law, as no different, I suspect. BUT, contrary to the sentiments expressed by hoytti and black_shadow previously in this thread, there are any number of Christian churches who are open to same-sex relationships and marriages, and most states don't even require a religious officiant for marriages. LGBTQ accepting churches may be more difficult to find in some places than in others, however.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Recently Finished Threads
    Through Forge and Flame (Solo, 77)
    The Rubric: Remeberin Garthabel (1)
    The Memory Man (Closed to Ataraxis, Twylith, and Chucklecut, 68)
    The Fated Embrace (Closed to Vortimo, NSFW, 51)

EXP: 149,213, Level: 16
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,787
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,787
    GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    Race
    Lavinian
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'7" 160
    Job
    Thief/Hex Mage

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by black shadow View Post
    If a Christian church decides they don't want to host a gay marriage then they should not be forced to do it. As everyone knows the Christians are against homosexuality, so don't force them to do something they are against. Yes, everyone will hate them for saying no, it will become big news and crap, but it's their choice. Ya don't like that they say no, go somewhere else that will say yes.

EDIT: just my opinion, I you don't like it then please don't attack me. Also, I am not trying to change your mind, don't try to change mine, it won't change. Thank you.
    Paul was condemning a concept that had no name for it other than Homosexuality. When he wrote the letters to the Roman's and Corinthians he was condemning the practice of Roman soldiers taking young boys as apprentices. They would often sexually abuse the boys and that was what Paul condemned. The concept of Pedophilia wasn't mainstream for a few centuries later.
    "White needles buried in the red
    The engine roars and then it gives
    But never dies
    'Cause we don't live
    We just survive
    On the scraps that you throw away"

-Re-education (Through Labor), Rise Against

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast