Race
    Insectoid
    Eye Color
    Reflective, black
    Job
    First Scout of the Hostoland Empire

View Profile

Curratore Dam [WIDE OPEN]

Tugged with zealous resolve, a balaclava masked a fresh face. The action repeated itself five times, over five different faces. All present bore a trauma, i.e. an excuse. Anxious hearts filled the room, eye contact without eye contact. “Alright, it's time!” sandpaper words broke the mourning. A blinding shaft of light flushed out the dank basement as the stairwell door whined open on its hinge. The crew rushed the steps screaming a mantra of independence for the Tusqualun Elves.

Air rippled into spots of crackling plasma at the request of a capable psionicist. Each anomaly morphed from gas, to plasma, to solid. Once solid, the objects pooled into a whirling orbit of pentagonal and hexagonal discs. Unseen forces converged within the notion of each edge; the simplicity of every polygon silenced the psionicist's mind. The utter absence of chaos provided a level of placidity necessary to transmute matter and energy. The discs span out of their column and formed two separate balls. A translucent avatar phased into the space between the two containers, her garment marked her as a sister of Radasanth's mysterious monk order.

The polygonal containers and their spectral adept floated over an industrial spectacle: the Curratore Dam located outside the Alerian capital of Ettermire. Cement formed the dour core of the structure, carved pink granite blocks provided an ornate and functional façade. The breadth of the river at the point of blockage was less than a hundred feet, the drop from the overflow was a maximum of forty feet. To accommodate overflow there were three broad arches, each opening was defended by gargantuan gates of stalwart steel. Six million gallons occupied the reservoir behind the dam.

Two combatants suffered the instant wretch of a vacuum, a force tore open the moment's fabric and consumed them. They plunged along a chromatic maelstrom. Each cell was issued one contender from the pair. The temporary prisoners were graced with a projection of the monk's face on the interior wall of their respective containers. Through a simultaneous broadcast, the monk spoke to them.

“I am Sister Aug Lea, a member of the Ai'Brone Monks of Radasanth's Citadel. I have used the powers of my order to act outside the walls of the Citadel. I have done so at the request of a powerful faction within in the Alerian government. I am not taking payment, this is above all else a principled endeavour. When my actions are uncovered I will undoubtedly be excommunicated.

“We are at the location of a genuine crisis. Below is the site of a Tusqualun Separatist Union attack. The target is the Curratore Dam. Their team is six strong, each is carrying an explosive charge. Three are heading to the foot of the dam, while another three are aiming for the top section. After placing their explosives, a seventh will detonate from an unknown location in the surrounding area. Your objective will be, of course, to prevent the destruction of this dam.

“You are not the only person I have summoned, another has also been selected to complete this task with you. Consider it a competition, the best performer will be given a reward by the Alerian Government. In addition, the winner will be offered the role of special advisor to Alerian Foreign Ministry. When this is over I will have my healing powers at my disposal, no different than had this taken place under one of the Citadel's illusion. As long as I have not been apprehended by that point.”

Thread Structure Notes

- All explosives placed by post 5.
    - Detonation occurs on post 12.
    - Detonation post responsibilities fall on you!

EXP: 1,680, Level: 1
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 320
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 320
    GP

Name
    Nosdyn Krotar
    Race
    Demon of Haidia
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gold/Yellow
    Job
    Bad Ass

View Profile
    Hero. Once I would have laughed at that word. Once I would have found the very notion utterly disgusting. But the message I had just received placed me in an uncomfortable skin. That of the very same word...Hero. I was in The Citadel at that time already looking for a battle when the message was perceived by my mind. I prepared to face the unknown.

Long had the demons of Althanas been able to walk the surface world. The Overworld. It was the word that his people had in their native tongue for the surface world. A word uttered in complete and utter disgust. Nosdyn already entered the particular Citadel arena in question. The affairs of Humes and their ilk did not concern him. What did concern him was the chaos that was about to unfold. Nosdyn was prone to chaotic events, and held no fear of death. He was a trained soldier, and he would face this new challenge under that pretense. As he looked ahead towards the chosen site for the combat arena, Nosdyn growled. He heard where both teams were heading, but was only skilled enough to potentially stop one of the teams.

The dam ahead was surging with the sound of cleaning water.

Nosdyn's powerful boot falls carried him towards the closer of the teams...the team that was heading towards the base of the dam. The paths and the ground around the dam were rocky and moist. His nostrils could already smell the stink of thousands of tons of water. Nosdyn knew the capacity to build wonders such as dams was not native to Radasanth. The dam was likely an Alerar structure. Nosdyn's blue skin sweated from the heat of the area and the time of day. His eyes, his eyes told all...they were full of hate. The Curratore Dam was built in the classic Alerar style of architecture. Nosdyn took a glance up at it, he knew that the fellows carrying the bombs would not all be stopped. As that thought passed through his mind, only one thought remained...war. Nosdyn eyed the members of the Tusqualun Separatists. They were bold, brave...and they would seen be dead. Nosdyn activated his fabled weapon, the weapon of his people. The weapon of proud demons. With the strange and maddening snap-hiss sound a powerful energy blade manifested from the elegant hilt in Nosdyn's hand. The weapon was an energy based weapon and the blade could be summoned by Nosdyn's alone.

It was a lengthy purple blade.

The sound caught the attention of the closest of the bombers. Nosdyn spotted the fellows up ahead, they would need time to affix the bombs to the base of the dam. Nosdyn made his way carefully towards the closest of the three armed warriors. The straggler of three spotted the demon heading his way. Nosdyn readied an aggressive combat stance and prepared his weapon so that it was at mid position of his body. The purple blade's tip was pointing slightly upward and the attack began. Nosdyn rushed towards the straggler...

(Don't wanna bunny the NPC's too much so let me know if you wanna take control of the NPC's or if you have something special planned. I look forward to working with you.)
    Fear. Fear is my weapon.
    Fear, anger, cruelty, these I bestow upon you. My chosen Death Knight.-Arthas
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    ~Scary Mask~

EXP: 5,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next level: 3,614
    Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,614
    GP

Name
    K-Zu-Ziro
    Race
    Insectoid
    Eye Color
    Reflective, black
    Job

View Profile
    Beads of conjured glue bubbled and blistered under the sun's unyielding blaze. Without adhesive, the cell's hexagons and pentagons began to fall away, fading back into the air particles from which they were generated. This dropped the second contestant into a hapless fall. K-Zu-Ziro split its legs to form a horizontal line and locked its left pincer in a downwards stab. “Urgh.” an Elven groan underscored the severity of wound inflicted. The Child of the Black Tree God ambushed a separatist as it landed, shearing clean the flesh of its victim's shoulder while pinning him to the ground. The bomber was interrupted in reaching for its explosive charge by the snipping frenzy of his assailant's pincered claw. The elf's belly became a gruesome diorama, hollowed out and exhibiting a cross section of every vital organ.

Mux Drik, the captive mind of a human diplomat living inside K-Zu-Ziro's head, shared his captor's vision of the carnage. “Delightful. Make sure Digsy is strapped in for this one, old bean.” He was referring to his master's other sidekick: a small, spherical, rodentine humanoid required for his ability as an interpreter. “I'm fine!” whistled Digsy through his overgrown incisors while affixing the straps on the giant insect's left shoulder around his ankles to avoid falling foul of the action.

K-Zu-Ziro's limited telepathic ability had one purpose, to form a space in which the three minds could communicate.

“Time to talk strategy, Ziro.” even in thought, Drik's words carried an informed tone.

“No more grossssss sssssstuff!” and Digsy's thoughts failed to shake the ratty whistle.

“Do not waste time, Digsy.” the insectoid naturally lacked the amiability of its humanoid companions.

“Two options, old bean:” Drik interjected with imperative haste, “go north or south for another of these elves on the top here. Or! Clamber down the dam after the rest of them—and I presume our opponent is down there too! Awfully bad luck we didn't get a chance to see him, or her, before we got into this ghastly encounter.”

(OOC: You can totes improvise anything you want with the NPCs. I left details on them open ended so you can come up with anything you want. Adding details to them and the setting as we go is first come first served, there's 0% chance of me complaining about any details you add to NPCs, environment, etc ^^')

GP

Name
    Nosdyn Krotar
    Race
    Demon of Haidia
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gold/Yellow
    Job
    Bad Ass

View Profile
    The first of the bombers fell quickly.

Nosdyn always intended to kill with each lethal stroke. He never held anything back. As he stood over the body of the fallen warrior, he saw that there was an incendiary device strapped to the fellow. It was still armed despite the fact that he defeated the warrior. The sudden thought came to Nosdyn that the entire assault party was likely armed with such devices. Nosdyn sighed. But then was quickly on the move. It's a good day to die. Nosdyn thought to himself as he looked at the two nearby warriors. As he suspected, they were both armed with similar incendiary devices. Nosdyn ran towards the closer of the two, but they were already acting. The leader of the enemy party spotted Nosdyn advancing and did not panic. He spoke in a language that Nosdyn had never heard before, but it didn't really matter. Nosdyn moved in to get another kill, but something happened. Just as Nosdyn raised his weapon high to strike his opponent down, Nosdyn became suddenly paralyzed by an unknown force. The grip held him tightly and he saw that it was the second of the two operatives that held him in their arcane grip. The completely covered fellow held his hand raised in an odd gesture towards Nosdyn.

Nosdyn had heard of such telekinetic powers before.

The air around Nosdyn's body rippled with dead weight as the operative walked towards him.

Nosdyn's fury elevated to near psychotic rage. However, he could do nothing but watch.

The operative walked slowly towards Nosdyn and paused about half a pace in front of the Demon. He then spoke in plain, but highly accented common-tongue. "You took one of our operatives out. That was likely a huge mistake, interloper." The operative said calmly. "I did not think I'd ever see your kind suddenly attempt to act so noble as to save a pathetic species like this. Tell me Demon, what is your name?" The operative asked.

Nosdyn growled for a moment, but felt compelled to comply. "I am Nosdyn, son of Clan Krotar." Nosdyn said, he made no attempt to hide his rage.

"Krotar...I recall your clan. Filthy, salvage beasts. Your patron is one of the smaller Overlords if I'm not mistaken?" The operative suddenly said.

"Do not speak of my family..." Nosdyn said. His desire to kill was growing with every passing moment. "You would do well to bite your tongue."

"Perhaps. But where is the fun in that? You have no idea who we are and why we are here, other than what the bitch has told your people." The operative stepped a little closer until he was practically in Nosdyn's face. "Your clan has grown weak in the time that you have been here on the surface world." The operative was saying. He continued. "You have no idea how things have changed in The Tular Plains since you've left it have you?"

"I only know what my mission is..." Nosdyn's thoughts were becoming increasingly more violent.

"I will give you grunts that much. You are loyal lap dogs. Even though your regime is dead." The man tightened his grip on whatever energy was holding Nosdyn locked in placed.

Nosdyn started floating up and off the ground for a few moments, and then the operative made a grand gesture with his arm. Nosdyn was suddenly knocked off the edge of the cliff, and found himself falling...falling to certain doom.
    Fear. Fear is my weapon.
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    ~Scary Mask~

GP

Name
    K-Zu-Ziro
    Race
    Insectoid
    Eye Color
    Reflective, black
    Job

View Profile
    "The lack of information is the biggest threat. First, we will locate our main opponent."

Ziro's command went unanswered. Hostoland's emissary snapped tight its serrated pincer around the leather sash crossing the corpse's torso. Once locked in, the creature jerked until the sash ripped asunder. Once loose, the insectoid tugged up the strap and requisitioned the freedom fighter's bomb for its own purposes. "Hold this." the words invaded Digsy's mind; in accordance with his duties the sidekick clasped the strap and bomb in his scruffy paws.

Acute became obtuse when the insect's limbs unfolded. Its frightful figure grew from a crouching mount over the dismembered carcass to an erect nightmare measuring eight feet. The dark matte of its exoskeleton proved difficult to distinguish from its shadow. K-Zu-Ziro stalked the gangway with a spindly gait, making its way to the lip of the dam. Peering over the gushing gate of the centre arch, the Hostoland trio saw it was open to regulate the reservoir levels. Rainbows flourished in the splashing spray of the falls. While Mux could appreciate the juxtaposition of an artificial Elven structure versus the organic magic of a rainbow, K-Zu-Ziro could not. Unfased by the spectrum's colour and the roaring cascade, the creature hopped onto the pink stonework ridge and stared down.

“Hate to say this, but I think we're not supposed to succeed here” conceded Mux.

“Saving the dam and our success are unrelated.” Ziro's mechanical mind clarified the situation.

“Of coooouuuurse,” it clicked with Mux, “if the dam blows then Alerar's capital city will be weakened and we win, if we save the dam and get close to their government then we win.”

As the silent conversation progressed they were able to monitor the misfortune of their opponent below. A blue skinned demon floated over the corpse of another bomber while the other two bombers assigned to that section were closing in on him. Two defeated, four alive; Mux Drik's pessimistic assessment of their prospects proved a solid prediction. At either extremity of the upper gangway the separatists had placed their explosives. “We have failed to prevent the explosives being placed and armed. The top section of this dam will be damaged at either end. Below, however, it appears our opponent has more completely engaged the three targets.”

K-Zu-Ziro's plan flooded in their shared mental space causing both Digsy—“UH OH”—and Drik—“I must advise against it.”—to lose their cool. “Other options?” the comrades clammed up. “Digsy, check your straps.”

To avoid the water from the open gate, K-Zu-Ziro engaged a gangly strut northwards along Curratore's elf-made precipice. Once clear, it jumped. The face of the dam was steep, but not a sheer drop. A minor angle allowed the insectoid to slow its fall by scraping its right claw against the stone and mortar. Spray from the nearby flow glossed Ziro's exoskeleton with sparkling droplets.

After grinding down twenty feet, Mux remarked “Oh my!” as he watched Nosdyn tossed to towards his doom. “Plan goes ahead regardless.” the insectoid's free pincer snatched away the strap and corresponding explosive from Digsy's paws. A fateful toss and the bomb broke into flight, its leather appendage was a tawdry streamer in its wake. The target of K-Zu-Ziro's throw was the remaining terrorists on the lower walkway of the dam.

Uninterrupted the unstable contents of the bomb would explode on impact, blasting away the central section of the dam.

GP

Name
    Nosdyn Krotar
    Race
    Demon of Haidia
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gold/Yellow
    Job
    Bad Ass

View Profile
    Nosdyn fell, it was almost as a dream.

He wasn't entirely certain what it was he was doing there, seeking redemption perhaps.

The afternoon sky was lurking overhead and moved further and further away. This is it. Nosdyn thought to himself as he fell and then something else happened. Far away, he heard the explosions of the bombs. Nosdyn growled as he fell down down down. And then there was a massive burst of water that broke through the shattered dam. A wave cascaded across the area, and towards the city. Nosdyn was not a righteous demon, he did not care about the Alerarians. What he did care about was his own honour code and the code of the Demons. Alerar was less hostile to the Demons than other nations on Althanas tended to be. The water engulfed Nosdyn and he was suddenly in a dark blue, and cold vortex drowning fast.

The under current dragged Nosdyn far from the dam knocking him about to and fro.

He was suddenly dragged towards shore which was many yards away.

He could see the afternoon sky as he broke through the surface of the wave of water. Fighting with everything he could muster, Nosdyn swam against the current, he coughed the entire time. His position was then relatively close the shore ine even as the water consumed everything. Nosdyn used his mighty shoulders and maneuvered towards the ground ahead, he finally made it. Grasping with large hands, he pulled himself up and out of the water. He coughed for several minutes attempting to clear out his lungs. Half of his body was still submerged. He was crawling against the ground of the forest that surrounded the dam. He looked back in the direction he'd come and saw that there was a massive hole in the dam where the explosions had taken place. It was enough to allow the tons of water to come cascading out. The whole ordeal made Nosdyn want to scream, but he continued to pull against the ground and get himself on dry land. Once he was done, he realized that he was hurting and in a lot of pain. The water dripping off his clothing did not matter, only the incredible pain that he felt mattered. He growled angrily and threw up a tremendous amount of water he had consumed. Nosdyn noticed there was some blood from his injuries.

Damned psionics... Nosdyn managed to think to himself as he wiped the blood from his mouth. He had a job to complete, though the separatists had been successful in their mission so far, Nosdyn knew they were still out there. They would have to be prevented from causing further harm. Nosdyn was glad he'd manged to sheathe his weapon in mid-air and had held on to it thee entire time of his fall and drowning. He looked down at the handle of his energy sword and saw it was still quite active and ready to spill blood. Nosdyn knew the mechanics of his weapon inside and out. After drying himself off best he was able to, Nosdyn proceeded to walk back towards the dam and where the remaining separatists were.

His face had a psychotic fury etched on it.
    Fear. Fear is my weapon.
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    ~Scary Mask~

GP

Name
    K-Zu-Ziro
    Race
    Insectoid
    Eye Color
    Reflective, black
    Job

View Profile
    Quilted paddocks rolled into the horizon ahead of a Radasanthian Finch; the bird sailed in acquiescence with the day's breeze. Oceans of yolk coloured buttercups peaked into waves of crimson poppies; hedgerows alive with the season outlined each darling meadow. The bird's regal plumage, red and gold, made him a worthy guest above the beauty of High Lord Mis-Co's plantation. In that moment, no living creature in all of Althanas could boast a better existence. Limestone blocks account for the breadth of a sizable windowsill on the second floor of the plantation's manor, a perfect perch for the journeying finch. Upon landing, his kingly air expired as he let loose a jet of black and white droppings. While resting a moment, the bird's attention was taken in by the thick accent of a foreign elf. It peered into the adumbral chamber, eavesdropping on an important conversation.

“No heroes, I wanted no heroes!” while speaking common, the pronunciation was so bad it was difficult to comprehend.

“No heroes? Of course, the monk has already returned to the citadel. My squires tell me they're doing exactly what we hoped.” the second member of the conversation spoke with a well-bred Radasanthian finish.

“The bug? The demon?” the elf's words were a blunt rupture to the moment.

“K-Zu-Ziro has already shown itself to hold little regard for the lives of Ettermire's citizens.”

“Fantastic!”

“What a delightful little finch, do you see him?” the Radasanthian nobleman pointed to the bird on the windowsill.

“Ah, yes—did you know that birds see in full colour?”

“Really?”

“Mother Ivra, the planet's own mother, first gave birds the gift of flight. The first birds flew in a huge flock over the virgin world filled with primal beauty. But they returned to Mother Ivra to lament that the whole world was painted with a palette of greys only. She explained to them that only elves, humans and their lower relations could see the colours. Avra Linor, the first bird, said that she spoke for all the birds and explained that if they couldn't see the colours of the world, then they wanted to return their wings since they were useless. Mother Ivra recognised her mistake and was not proud. She gave birds colour sight, now birds are the most colourful animals we have. And they know which berries to eat and not to eat. Birds are Mother Ivra's favourites—she admires their boldness.”

“...” the co-conspirator's eyes rolled to the side dismissively.

Meanwhile, back at the Curratore Dam, Ziro's audacious lob had landed with a thumping pulse, triggering a chain reaction of three beefy blasts. Explosion number one was the ignition of the stolen bomb, the second two were the bombs still strapped to the chests of the psionic marytrs. Their bodies splattered into a mist of blood, pulverised bone and charred chunks of flesh. Granite blocks flushed forward with the marauding torrent, keeping pace through the force of the water gushing around them. The reservoir's contents spilled through the gaping hole in its base with concerning rapidity. Each gallon wore at the remaining blocks and cement, widening the hole by the minute.

Continuing the ride down the dam's face was immediately impossible for K-Zu-Ziro, the growing fault blocking the insectoid's path posed an inescapable threat. "Argh, gonna get my fur wet!" complained Digsy before taking a thoroughly deep breath. Kicking against the stone when coming in contact with the water gave an extra push for the Hostoland trio. Drowning dimness periodically engulfed Ziro as it struggled to stay above the one-way surf. Distance from the damage meant a slow in the water's push and it allowed the creature to drag itself up against the thick vegetation lining the banks of the river. K-Zu-Ziro was finally within sight of Nosdyn Krotar, twenty yards upriver.

K-Zu-Ziro's limbs locked into a lifeless rigidity; the creature was using every telepathic resource at its disposal to take control of Digsy's mind entirely. In this state, no action could be taken by Ziro and a moment of recovery for both it and its sidekick would be required. Once in control, the minor telepath was able to use the rat boy decorating its shoulder as a mouth piece. In a surprisingly loud voice, Digsy shouted a comical whistle across the distance, "Demon!" the thundering chorus of the engorged river was not enough to obscure the words "I am content to see this dam destroyed and Alerar weakened. Will you attempt to prevent me?"

GP

Name
    Nosdyn Krotar
    Race
    Demon of Haidia
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gold/Yellow
    Job
    Bad Ass

View Profile
    Nosdyn heard and felt the taunt of the strange insect like creature.

He turned to look at the flood waters that had caused so much damage.

Shit that could have almost been me as one of the victims...I have got to be more careful about how I do this sort of shit. Nosdyn applied all of his attention towards the bug like creature. His eyes narrowed at that point, hidden behind the scary mask he wore. Nosdyn figured that Ziro and his companion was likely an enemy. However, Nosdyn did not want to directly engage despite his current rage and fury. Nosdyn approached the warrior and kept a steady distance letting the question linger in the air for a moment. Once Nosdyn was well within ear shot range of the creature, he spoke.

"I've seen your kind before...damned bugs. Somewhere on the Tular Plains there are tribes like you. You're probably a variant or off shoot of one of them if I'm not terribly mistaken." Nosdyn was not a Hero. He was a villain through and through but he followed his Demon's code of honour. "Your boys up there set me back quite a bit, I'll admit I admire your colleagues skills. " Nosdyn Krotar finished covering the ground between himself and the bug. He was now approximately five or six paces away from the bug. "Now then. It is probably too late to prevent what you are attempting here anyway. And I don't give a fuck about the people of Alerar. They are just means to an end anyway. I was attempting to stop your operation to see how far I could get on my own." Nosdyn explained. "However now that I have seen the skill capacity of you and your people, I wish to ask you something. Would you do battle with me? Not as enemies, but as someone who wants to test your skill level. I want to see for myself if you're worthy of being called an ally." Nosdyn explained boldly. His eyes were narrowed the entire time he spoke, and he waited for the response of the bug.
    Fear. Fear is my weapon.
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    ~Scary Mask~

GP

Name
    K-Zu-Ziro
    Race
    Insectoid
    Eye Color
    Reflective, black
    Job

View Profile
    "Your boys up there set me back quite a bit, I'll admit I admire your colleagues skills. " While Nosdyn Krotar took the opportunity to close the distance.

"They are not my colleagues, I was summoned here against my will, instructed to defend the dam by a monk. I assume you experienced the same!" K-Zu-Ziro continued to channel Digsy's mind, manipulating his twitching muzzle and scratchy vocal chords to communicate.

"Now then. It is probably too late to prevent what you are attempting here anyway. And I don't give a fuck about the people of Alerar. They are just means to an end anyway. I was attempting to stop your operation to see how far I could get on my own." Nosdyn explained.

During the demon's explanation, K-Zu-Ziro felt the anxious throb of an unnoticed wound; a jagged shard of granite had pierced the central trunk of its exoskeleton. The wound, though minor, would gradually weep bodily fluids. Cumulatively the insectoid's movement would be compromised due to the nature in which arthropods operate their limbs. Hydraulics in conjunction with more familiar muscle systems allowed the Child of the Black Tree God to move with a certain pace. Upon realising its handicap, the creature released Digsy's mind and set to recovering its mental fortitude.

"However now that I have seen the skill capacity of you and your people, I wish to ask you something. Would you do battle with me? Not as enemies, but as someone who wants to test your skill level. I want to see for myself if you're worthy of being called an ally."

Honour, ego, vanity, pride—these complex emotions typically eluded the invertebrate beast. A primal lust for dominant consumption, however, was not lacking. Without Digsy to speak on Ziro's behalf, the creature nodded with the solemn simplicity.

“I must advise against this one, old boy!” the bug's eternal prisoner, Mux Drik, whispered in their shared mind, “I've seen this a hundred times,” he was referring to his years representing Corone in international diplomacy, “there's something more going on here. Firstly, our mission was doomed to fail. And somebody, somewhere, stands to gain from our failure and this dam's destruction. Trading blows with this overgrown blueberry is hardly the best course of action! We're hurt too, we might be able to swing fast now but eventually we're going to seize up—you know that!!!”

K-Zu-Ziro ignored Drik's silent counsel. With a defiant scuff of the muddy sand lining the banks of the raging waterway, the insectoid kicked a wad of material at an acute angle, aiming towards its prey's face before committing to reckless lunge into melee range of Nosdyn Krotar, fundamentally fearless, with pincers spread and mandibles salivating.

GP

Name
    Nosdyn Krotar
    Race
    Demon of Haidia
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gold/Yellow
    Job
    Bad Ass

View Profile
    So the monks do play favorites, that's good to know.

Nosdyn had learned a great deal about how surface world politics plays out. According to Nosdyn's beliefs structure the Humes of the surface world were the most dangerous beings on Althanas. They waged wars with one another and all other races for the mere pleasure of it. There was nothing wrong with warfare on it's own. However, Humes wasted their own kin's lives in their selfish desire for conquest...that lacked honour. According to demonic belief system, contracts and honour bound folks to one another and was paramount in a contract society. Nosdyn felt that the Humes were a disgusting lot and had earned his mire and distrust.

However, Nosdyn also learned that he could play the Humes against themselves. Neutral parties like the insect before him would prove equally useful in his plans for global conquest. All great Demon generals started at the bottom and worked their ways up to the top. It was hard work t hat paid off, not the sacrifice of other lives. As Nosdyn thought that, he felt the snap-hiss of his master craft energy weapon. Energy pierced through the air and a purple blade of magnificent quality materialized. The blade radiated power. It was clearly a vile and evil thing. Nosdyn looked at the insect before him. This is not personal...I am merely testing you if you can be friend or foe...and where you stand in the grand scheme of things. Nosdyn thought to himself.

Then once Nosdyn activated his weapon, he was ready. He looked the creature in it's foreign eyes. Nosdyn was Demon kind and had seen his share of things in his day, but the insect variety of the Demon brood always did disturb the warrior. Nosdyn readied a tightened combat stance and pointed his weapon towards the bug. Then, Nosdyn proceeded to run towards the bug. The waters of the flood still were being emptied from the now defunct dam. Nosdyn had to be certain that the Humes of Alerar had died for a good enough cost. Nosdyn was about a half of a pace out when he struck. He rotated his weapon started from it's original position away from the bug. Then he jumped the rest of the way, circling his weapon back towards the bug. This time, he aimed for the chest cavity of the creature and Nosdyn's attack was a sweeping slash in essence. The glowing blade emitted that terrifying sound. Nosdyn's mind was already beginning to fill with the rage and fury, almost like a goblet over flowing with crimson blood.
    Fear. Fear is my weapon.
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    ~Scary Mask~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast