Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile

Boss Battles Rules and Regulations

By Cards of Fate with edits from Max Dirks

Welcome to Boss Battles! Boss Battles are massive multiplayer battles fought against a common enemy. These battles are designed to incorporate a stronger sense of story than traditional Citadel bouts, creating a more immersive competitive environment. Instead of players competing against each other, they work together to achieve a high enough score to "defeat" the boss.

Here are general rules:

1. Boss battles must be claimed by posting a request in the Boss Claim thread. The request must include the desired boss, and the account names of all challenging participants. All requests must be approved by a features moderator, but they will never deny a request that meets the minimum requirements necessary to fight a boss.
    2. A player can only have one character involved in one boss battle at any given time. However, a player with multiple characters can be involved in different boss battles if they'd like. In other words, no alts are allowed in a single boss battle, but alts can be involved in multiple boss battles.
    3. Battles are either moderator GMed or player GMed. If a boss is moderator GMed, it cannot be bunnied. If the boss is player GMed, any player can bunny the actions of the boss.
    4. There is a seven (7) day post limit in Boss Battles. This means if a new post has not been made within seven days of the last post, then the battle is over and the attempt is considered a failure. The only exception is if the person failing to post is the moderator GMing the fight.
    5. There is no set posting schedule that will be enforced for Boss Battles, but double posting is not allowed.
    6. Boss Battles will be scored as a quest using the standard Althanas rubric, with only a single score provided for the entire battle. In other words, scores will be averaged.
    7. Each boss has a minimum score required to “defeat” it. While your battle may conclude with you killing a boss, if you do not score over the boss’s minimum score requirement, then the boss has defeated you. Similarly, your battle may conclude with the boss defeating your party, but if you score over the boss’s minimum score requirement, then you have defeated the boss.
    8. There are four tiers of bosses: Minions, Monsters, Monoliths, and Mythicals. Each tier has a set score that must be met to defeat bosses with in as well as participant requirements that must be met.

• ~Minions~
        Minimum score of 55 to beat with a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) combatants. Rewards are 200 extra GP.
      • ~Monsters
        Minimum score of 65 to beat with a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) combatants. Rewards are 1.5x EXP and 200 extra GP.
      • ~Monoliths~
        Minimum score of 70 to beat with a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of six (6) combatants. Rewards are 1.5x EXP, 200 extra GP and a medium valued item.
      • ~Mythicals~
        Minimum score of 75 to beat with a minimum of six (6) combatants. These are always GMed. Rewards are 1.5x EXP, 200 extra GP and a legendary item.

9. Regardless of whether or not you score over the boss’s minimum score requirement you will receive standard experience and gold for completing a thread as you would for any completed Althanas thread. Each player will receive individual awards if the team manages to defeat the boss.
    10. Once a boss has been officially defeated then that boss is retired and cannot be challenged again. The victors’ names and score will be posted in the Boss Claim thread.
    11. If a boss is not officially defeated then it becomes available to be challenged again and the defeated characters’ names will be added to the boss’s win list.

That's it! If you have any questions, please ask them here.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Reaching beyond the stars
    EXP: 4,150, Level: 2
    Level completed: 72%, EXP required for next level: 850
    Level completed: 72%,
    EXP required for next level: 850
    GP

Name
    Gnarl
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue

View Profile
    I am wondering a few things actually, cause I love this whole idea.

1. Is there a limit on how many submissions any one person can give, or that everyone can give as a whole?

Just wondering as there is a few on there at the moment, and I wouldn't want to flood this with too many or something.

2. Can you actually list additional spoils?

I guess I'm asking for more clarification on this, because while it states "an item" or "an legendary item" I'm not sure if there's a list to choose from or if we should be stating exactly what the item is you will receive by completing said boss.

Otherwise I may post up some idea's to add.
    The Destroyer of Worlds

Part 1: The Gnarled Roots of Osiris
    - Philomel ~ "One of the best "opening" threads by any character I have ever read."
    Part 2: The Truth we Left Behind
    -Currently writing-

EXP: 91,535, Level: 13
    Level completed: 11%, EXP required for next level: 12,465
    Level completed: 11%,
    EXP required for next level: 12,465
    GP

Name
    William Arcus
    Race
    Revenant
    Hair Color
    Black Stubble
    Eye Color
    Molten Fire
    Build
    5'11"/178lbs
    Job
    Freelance Murder Machine

View Profile
    For moderator GMed events, do you have to find a moderator to run for your group or will one be assigned? Also, does the moderator's posts count towards your score to determine boss defeat?
    "I have looked upon all that the universe has to hold of horror, and even the skies of spring and the flowers of summer must ever afterward be poison to me." - Call of Cthulhu

David vs. Goliath: History's first recorded critical hit.
    JC Thread - The Bitter King