Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6'0" / 180 lbs
    Job
    Itinerant

View Profile
    Mid-morning sunlight bled through violet clouds, faint and still young to his right. Kaniere, nowhere to be seen, settled at the seabed to never surface again. Another addition to the wreckages of the sea depths.

The storm had not been a warning. It had been their doom, and for a reason secret to Anubis it failed to seize him while it could. Such was the barbarity of the world, and ever since he promised himself to accept its undying existence, and to never predict different measures took to render him lifeless. The orc captain knew their demise would come, that he and his crew were probably not to survive the hour.

But not like this. Stock-still clouds floated overhead in a tint of violet, a silent announcement of the sun’s ongoing approach to its zenith. Scorched refuse took him along the waves, which pushed and rolled him through like an aftershock to the great tsunami which had capsized Kaniere like a sprout.

We all predicted it--knew we’d face shit before we could call our voyage over... but not like this, repeated he. We were waiting for pirates, not a fucking thunderstorm. Damn-- Damn it all. Anubis clung to a floating plank, and like a lost babe he held on to it stiffly.
    Hope materialized before his two weary eyes in the form of land. Anubis found his energy, compelled himself to avoid fainting, to fail miserably in the process.

--
    The Salvarian swordsman unfurled his lashes to a ragged, frowning face upon him. A pair of hands rummaged through his pockets, hastily frisked him for lacking wherewithal. When one approached his face he seized the wrist. Its owner gasped, shook off Anubis’ grasp and sprang back on his rear. Anubis frowned, found his energy and rose, stifling a groan as he straightened. “Back off, or I’ll kill you.”

“Hmph. I’m not afeard of dyin’.” His face wrinkled, a gizer stood wearing a graying mustache and imperial. Loose, cut-sleeved garments betrayed his sparing frame as he drew a steel cutlass, which leapt from its sheath and glared at Anubis’ face like a bared tooth. The coast stretched on one side, and on the other lush thickets rose up from tropical earth and remained grimly motionless. Dheathain watches...

“You steal from the dead often?” the Salvarian sneered.

“What’s it matter to you?”

“Well, I was almost robbed not two minutes ago, and by someone who doesn’t know how to hold a sword,” he paused, studying the inept angle the blade lay from the thief’s aging hands, “so it matters quite more than you’d think. Where did you steal that?”

“Oi! step back or I’ll slit your cursed throat!” the man barked. The manner he waved his blade about struck Anubis as reminiscent of memories of holding his first sword. Something came running up the shore, and on all fours. Heels up Anubis rose on his feet in an attempt to get a better view, then glanced briefly at the man as he snarled his second warning. “Step back, I said!”
    "I’m not a sophisticated person - I don’t think much. Hunters don’t think. They act, and they do it without any hesitation whatsoever. It’s a predominant principle among all trackers of the beasts. We do most of the dirty work. Thinking? Leave it to the philosophers."

-Anubis

Our Enemies Rest
    EXP: 12,030, Level: 4
    Level completed: 61%, EXP required for next level: 1,970
    Level completed: 61%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,970
    GP

Name
    Azaranth "Anubis" Ubissad
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6'0" / 180 lbs
    Job
    Itinerant

View Profile
    “Put that down before you hurt yourself,” he said, his eyes scrutinizing whatever approached beyond the scavenger. Triangular ears; gray pelage; moving on all fours; teeth bared like blades and a red tongue that flailed between them like a flame... What is a wolf doing here?

Within ten paces it halted, gliding close and throwing up sand in all directions. He realized whom it belonged to when its puckered face paused beside the man’s thigh.

“Relax, I’m no threat.” When the brief rush of adrenaline ran dry Anubis could feel himself falter. His sight fading once again, he felt like tumbling to his back. “Just check who you’re robbing next time,” he said with an effort.

The wolf stepped in for a bite, but was quickly calmed by it owner. “Easy Roz, easy” the man said.

After a long pause, “See I’ve landed on Dheathain…” he noted, looking over to the ocean.

“How you figure that?” questioned the scavenger, lowering his cutlass as his tone softened. The wolf eased its features, though its canines were still exposed, betraying its lasting mistrust. When Anubis leveled it a warning glare, it stepped rearward and lowered its head.

“I was aboard Kaniere. We were supposed to reach Dheathain... well, on-board.” Anubis measured him with a curious eye. “Unless the water has affected my sight, you’re a human; rainforests inland; a crap-ton of wreckage on shore - where else?”

“What do you mean by ‘we?’” he said, fingering his graying imperial.

“The captain, the crew and myself -- about twenty people -- were on-board. I’m the only one who survived,” Anubs said grimly.

“Kaniere, you say? Was the captain called Xarlug Oxen, by the by?” the geezer asked, curious.

Anubis raised his head, eyes widened. When the words registered, he nodded and returned to contemplating the whitecaps.

“Damn shame. Well, what about you? What do you seek in Dheathain, eh?” the man sheathed his sword, and so the wolf was calmed. The rhythm between it and its owner was riveting. The connection between them both, Anubis inferred, never bends, never bent, and never will.

“Visiting a friend,” lied the Salvarian, almost succumbing to his body that had been for a few minutes now, urging him to recline.

“I suppose you’re looking for Talmahaidth,” the man said. “Know the way?”

“Expect I’ll find it.” Anubis shrugged.

“Head north, then turn west, towards the mountains along the main road before you come to a bridge.” The man half-turned, hands running across the wolf's nape. “Your friend oughta be there too.” He measured Anubis with his gaze, then, “What do they call you, mate?”

“Anubis.”

“Of Skavia?” the man guessed.

“Of Skavia.”

The Salvarian’s accent often betrayed the location of his false homeland, and as much as it sounded subtle, most quickly recognized his assumed fatherland. “Well, welcome to Dheathain, Anubis of Skavia. My advice? make sure not to peeve the dragon folk about here.” The man leaned in. “They fockin’ do bad, bad things - worse than what you mainland folk can even fathom.”

“I’ll put that in mind, thank you. So long...” he gave a slow, reassuring nod, turning on his heel.

His body screamed in his ear; Gods dammit, he muttered, yet as it was but the forenoon, turbid darkness swept across the horizon and surged sharply in their direction. When it arrived he cursed again, for it arrived like a global detonation--and then he lost his consciousness afresh.
    "I’m not a sophisticated person - I don’t think much. Hunters don’t think. They act, and they do it without any hesitation whatsoever. It’s a predominant principle among all trackers of the beasts. We do most of the dirty work. Thinking? Leave it to the philosophers."

-Anubis

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Congratulations!

Fez the Kid receives 970 EXP and 135 GP!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards have been added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12