Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [Open to All] A Merry Winter Festivus!

EXP: 3,960, Level: 2
    Level completed: 66%, EXP required for next level: 1,040
    Level completed: 66%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,040
    GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    5'5 and around 125 pounds
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    McKinley watched with disbelief shining in her piercing blue orbs as she watched the male known as Logan, her mouth hung slightly open at the sight before her. Nymeria hunkered down in a stance that showed her shoulders are ridged and she was down in a pouncing stance. Though when the bread was offered at first she could see in her wolf's amber eyes that she was going to refuse but with a little bump from her companion urged her to take the bread timidly but quickly. A small smile danced across Kinley's pink lips as she glanced back up at Logan before taking a slow drag of her spiked hot cocoa. The mountain of a man that stood before her looked all but too familiar as the smile on her lips grew a bit larger. Though with a glance to the to the small girl next to him she was unsure of the female but she could never forget John, he was the first person she encounter when she stumbled into this place.

"Hello John, it- it's nice to see you again.." Her voice was gentle yet oddly enough louder than usual as she looked towards Logan as he offered her the bread. She went to object but just as if on que her stomach growled rather loudly, the sound of her laughter filled around her. Tearing off a piece she popped it into her mouth chewing slowly, "Nymeria her name is Nymeria; Nym for short." Glancing down at the wolf another smile caressed her lips as the brindle colored wolfs head shot up at the sound of her name. Cocking her head to the side she made a soft chuffing sound.

Her cheeks flushed with a soft pink color as he spoke about Kinley and her situation that she had taken care of for now. "I have also told Logan that I don't wish to be a burden but thank you kindly for offering your services." She glanced towards Logan giving him a playful glare before popping another piece of the bread in her mouth. When the young woman was introduced, Kinley dusted her hand off on her jeans before holding it out to the girl. "Lovely to meet you Hawl, you can call me McKinley or Kinley." Clasping her hand around the girls, she gently shook her hand before releasing it from her grasp. A nudge in her side brought her attention back to her dire wolf, the full on begging look was coming out as a small giggle parted her plush lips. "Oh fine you bottomless pit here." Holding out half of her remaining bread the wolf took it with out a second glance.

EXP: 1,345, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 655
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 655
    GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    Race
    Half Vampire Half Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Greenish-Gold
    Build
    5'6 around 135

I didn't realize that I had brought the mood down until I looked at the man sitting at the table with me, his face held a soft gentle look. The kind smile he offered me was more than enough to lighten her dark mood, a small smile tugged at my plush lips as I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. I felt horrible that my depressing past somehow oozed its way into the present time bringing me down again. A small sigh part my lips as I shook my head waving my hand dismissing his apology, "no, no dear it's no reason to apologize honestly. It's what shaped me into the person I am today." Shrugging slightly I took another swig of my drink licking my lips to get the remaining remnants of my lips. The tip of my tongue slowly tracing the outer lining of my lips capturing the left over flavors of my drink.

Tilting my head at the foreign word that he used, the puzzlement on my face would easily been read as a pursed my lips out slightly. The only logical word he would have used was something along the lines of mother, maybe mom. A small sad smile caressed my lips as I watched his entire demeanor changed as he spoke about his mother or mother figure.

"I am sorry that it has been so long and that you aren't certain what happened to your ilhar, I also apologize for probably butchering that word in your native tongue.."

I could feel my cheeks starting to slowly grow flush as I tried so hard to pronounce the word the exact way he had but I knew it didn't. This clumsy tongue in my skull fumbled carelessly while he spoke it with out effort though it did make sense seeming how it was his native language and not mine. Placing my hand on top of his before giving it a soft squeeze to assure him that I was there for him.

Rolling around a carrot on my plate pondering the question as I honestly hadn't thought about where I was going because I didn't have any certain place to go. Finally stabbing the carrot with my fork I took a small nibble of the end letting the flavor tease my taste buds. "I honestly will probably go up to my room and than after that I guess I will simply be a drifter- I have no where to go so." Shrugging my shoulders I simply wasn't sure what else to say so I shoved the carrot into my mouth probably rather unattractively.

EXP: 600, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,400
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,400
    GP

Name
    Aelin Valth

Quote Originally Posted by redford View Post
    John turned back to the bar as Logan departed for the food. He tipped his glass back, feeling the warm spice of the cider flow down his throat into his chest and stomach, warming him all the way down. Though the cup may have been normal sized, John drained it in one gulp, and slid it across, tapping on the bar as Anvil spoke to the boy beside them. A sword was on his hip. Though more than that, John noticed something odd, though he could not place it until he'd stared for a moment.

The boy's armor was clean. He wore good leather, but it was spotless. No scratches or scuffs that he could see. He was also small, and not just because John was large. The boy had bright, determined eyes that lacked the weariness of battle experience. John saw himself for a moment in the boy.

As Anvil placed another cider on the bar for John, he clapped Anvil's shoulder, making sure to use the proper amount of force.

"Ah, the boy'll be fine, master dwarf!" he exclaimed, turning to Aelin. Hawl reached down and set her cup on the bar.

"If you came here for mystery, friend," John said, holding up a hand. Out of his closed fist grew a long knife, sharpened with a tanto point. John focused on his armor, and engravings appeared on the blade. Just as quickly, it shimmered into liquid and returned to John's armor, covering his entire torso. He continued to the boy, smiling. "Then you came to the right place."
    The young mage jerked back when the confident voice addressed him and visibly jumped when John held out his hand. Aelin watched the blade that sprang forth from his hand and gulped, wondering if the man intended to harm him in some way. It seemed averse to the way he spoke, but the initiate was wary of everyone. None of the training he got up to this point involved real time combat. He was conscious of drills and basic combat etiquette, but he knew none of that would save him in a real battle.

"I..." Aelin began, but John's own words cut him off.

"If you came here for mystery, friend, then you've come to the right place."

Aelin stared down into his lap as the large man looked him over. "I think we're talking about different kinds of mystery," he said in the softest of voices. There was no confidence in the young Serentian man as he fiddled with his snow white hair and avoided making eye contact with John.

Behind the counter, Anvil bellowed a deep laugh. "Ah, leave him be, John," the Dwarf joked. "He's a green boy. Maybe he'll be ready for talkin' to grown ups in a few years."
    Last edited by Tobias Stalt; 12-24-15 at 10:13 PM.

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Thread closed.

Each Participant earns 500 EXP & 100 GP.

((I meant to go further with this and have more events, but my attentions were pulled elsewhere. The higher spoils is a holiday gift to those that participated since this spanned from Thanksgiving through New Years.))

Participants & Forum IDs:

Alyssa Snow: 17460
    Cards of Fate: 17720
    Loves.Blessing: 18390
    Siegfried: 17372
    K-Zu Ziro: 18352
    The Mongrel: 17739
    Realize.Real.lies: 18469
    Rayleigh: 17734
    Izvilvin: 329
    Logan: 51
    Philomel: 17225
    Redford: 18142
    Aelin Valth: 18238
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345