Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Open to All] A Merry Winter Festivus!

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    The people who were already sitting there, drinking, would have not noticed the fact a member of a rare species had just walked in. The more observant, perhaps, might spot that underneath the swathes of material of the long skirt the legs were bowed, and the woman walked funny - but likely they just put it down to a disability. They might have noticed the huge buns of hair at either side of her head, making her look like some foreign princess who just didn't quite know how to fit in yet, but they would not have called them fake at first glance.

Not at a single glance, not with a small scathing look, then a snigger at the scowl on her face, and then a wuick look away.

No, it would take them time, and it would take art. A high roll of the perception dice to see that despite the strange way she walked it was with some ease, and that despite the way the buns looked real they didn't quite seem part of her hair. They might even notice that she muttered under her breath as she walked in, words of harsh sounding animalistic noises, that were wildly unknown by anyone there.

"Buggering dare," she said, in faunish.

Behind her a rather cheery fox followed, he not in disguise in any way, with his bright russet coat positively shining under the lantern light. Delighted as he was, he brushed the floor with his long fluffy tail, and padded with a bounce to his step. A grin was on his face, as cunning as the legends told he was - all devious because he had dared to tell the Matriarch that she could not get away with being a human on a bitter Aremm'gn night.

________
    references: Aremm'gn - faunish winter solstice
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

EXP: 12,177, Level: 4
    Level completed: 64%, EXP required for next level: 1,823
    Level completed: 64%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,823
    GP

Name
    Alyssa Dianne Snow
    Race
    Homunculus
    Hair Color
    Platinum Blonde
    Eye Color
    Pale Blue-Green
    Build
    5'6"/125lbs
    Job
    Empress of the Tarot Hierarchy

View Profile
    "Right, right," Alyssa apologized. "Illara, then. I didn't know you had a brother. He's kinda cute."

With little to no regard for privacy, Alyssa watched Illara's brother converse with the brunette in the thick, green sweater. As she watched, she witnessed the girl snatch a drink off a neighboring table which had been previously used by a rather unsavory brute. In horror, the mug tipped back and the girl took a swig. A bitter sour taste welled at the back of Alyssa's throat with a snarl on her lip and scrunched nose in disgust. When the girl lowered the mug and shrugged off an approval, Alyssa's memory fell on a name.

"Rayleigh?!" Sock was clear on her tone. Alyssa quickly covered her mouth and adverted her eyes.

Alyssa shook off the thought. She knew there would be another time and another place to give her fellow engineer some flak. Not here, not today.

"Welp, at least she's good people. A little unorthodox, but that's what makes her fun." Alyssa murmured to Illara, but mostly out loud.

"Anyway," the blonde began as she took another sip of her drink, "Are you staying the night in Anvil's Inn? He's probably one of my longest known friends - great caretaker. His breakfasts are amazing, large portions too! Coffee on the other hand... you could probably take rust off a blade with the stuff..."

Alyssa shuddered for emphasis.

As she did, almost on cue, Anvil pulled his hammer from beneath the bar and struck a rather seasoned bronze gong. The tone range loud and clear through the ambient noise, interrupting conversations, laughter, and card games alike. With a sound like that, only the deaf would ignore the command for attention. Alyssa even noted a few place hands on their weapons.

"Aye! Listen up!" Anvil's Dwarven voice boomed, "I got 'tah make an announcement! First off, welcome to my humble Inn and Tavern. Been a long journey, but thanks to some help," He looked at Alyssa. "I've been fortunate enough t' open the Aces High!"

As the mountainous man roared, high elf servers dressed in clean and well tailored red & green outfits emerged from the doorways leading to the kitchen. Each one of them carried trays, pushed trolleys, and toted vessels. Aromas of cooked bird, smoked swine, herbs, broths, vegetables, and baked goods rolled into the main room. Each one of the servers walked in synchronization through the tenants and toward a large, long feasting table. Maids and bus boys hurried to remove any plate or mug not bolted to the table.

"Thanks to the contributions from Vincent Cain n' Alyssa Snow, heroes of the Red Crusade, we've got plenty of surprises planned for you! But before we get on to the festivities, I'd like t' offer you the freshest and best cuisine, this side of Dagger Peaks! All y'see here is free and paid by yer heroes, so dig in! Share! Drink! And be merry!"

Anvil finished his speech and waved the servers on. More and more poured from the back kitchen. Wines, fruits, jellied goods, relish plates, stuffing, gravy, and all the makings of a grand feast poured out and was arranged elegantly along the length of the table. In the center, an ice sculpture of a glorious firm stood, lit from the inside by shimmering motes of magic.

"Well then, guess you're off the hook for having your named dropped, Illara." Alyssa smiled at her companion and lifted her drink for a toast. "Though if I remember correctly, that's the way you'd like to keep it."

Out of Character:
    The beginning of the Holiday Festivus has commenced! Thanks to the gratuities of those who thanked Alyssa & Vince for their efforts in slaying the Red Witch, all of tonight's food and drink is on the house. Please feel free to use this opportunity to grab a bite, meet someone at the table, and mention that some of your nation's unique dishes are present. Get creative, have some fun. In another few rounds of posts, there will be a post-feast event/declaration! The rewards for it will include free EXP!

And thank you, all of you, who decided to join me in this thread.

EXP: 74,296, Level: 11
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,704
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,704
    GP

Name
    Izvilvin Kazizzrym
    Race
    Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'9'' 145 lbs
    Job
    Drifter

View Profile
    Izvilvin took the new mug of ale with a smile on his handsome face. She'd put on quite a display while defending him, conjuring an orb of fire and getting in the face of the two troublemakers. The dark elf wasn't always comfortable with displays of magic, especially when not knowing the extent of someone's powers, but this had been just fine.

He settled back down into his seat and his eyes met hers. They then drifted down to her supple, ruby lips - and he had a difficult time looking away.

"This was kind," he said. "Sometimes, there are not good things for me in Raiaera."

His tenuous grasp of the common tongue revealed, Izvilvin took a shallow taste of his new ale.

"How much time you are here?" He shook his head immediately, knowing he had gotten the tense wrong. "How much time have you been here?"

They were interrupted before she could respond, the bronze gong's crash reverberating through the establishment. Izvilvin adjusted to look in the direction of origin, but was sure to keep Karina in frame.

Following Anvil's initial bellowing announcement, a coordinated and impressive display was put on. As the servers set up the main table, cleaned it, and set upon it heaping piles of food, Izvilvin began to sit up straighter. He let the enticing smells of spice, roast, oil, grease, and butter fill him with anticipation. He looked about and spotted an unoccupied table with empty glasses on it.

In a single deft movement he rose, gently placed a hand on Karina's shoulder and got her attention. His eyes flashed to the empty table and he snatched up his filled mug. "Come with me and we can eat as friends."

Fists of Fury
    EXP: 29,216, Level: 7
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 5,784
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,784
    GP

Name
    (Sir) John Albert Cromwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sandy blonde, falls around his shoulders barely
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile
    A monstrous, hunched form walked down the streets of Beinost through the rapidly building snow. It lumbered slowly, ominously toward the river through the city. The wind gusted and snow fell anew, both from the sky and from rooftops, dislodged by the wintery assault. The figure ambled on, unperturbed by the elements. Should anyone have braved the streets of south Beinost to gaze upon the thing, they would have seen a massive, white bipedal creature easily eight feet tall, covered in thick fur. It would be hard to hear in the wind, but a low growl would escape the creature every now and then, filling the air around it with a deep rumble.

South Beinost was empty though, all of its residents moving to enjoy the festivities in a part of the city that wasn't knee deep in wet snow. It crunched beneath the behemoth's feet as it walked north, steam escaping its maw as it exhaled. A bright, excited voice rang out in the street.

"That was great, Uncle John!" Hawl exclaimed from inside her many layers of clothing. Hawl wasn't really a girl at this point, much more like a bundle of clothes and robes with a girl inside it. The clothes she wore likely weighed at least as much as she did. She swatted the slain deer she sat upon, thinking it would make fine meat for stew.

John smiled from inside his armor and fur, chuckling and sending out deep reverberations through the windy air. Hawl's excited happiness was contagious, and it rubbed off on John. He spoke up, hiking the deer he was carrying up to a more comfortable position, nearly toppling Hawl from her perch. She regained her balance after a moment though.

"Yes, Hawl, it was."

John felt nice. It wasn't great, it wasn't earth shattering, but he felt nice. He had nearly forgotten just how good nice was. Contentedness filled his mind like wine filled a glass. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment as he smiled, almost just because it felt normal to smile, and not simply a manufactured thing. The smile evolved into a wide grin as John emerged from the worst of the snowstorm assaulting Beinost during the festivities. The air was clearing and he could actually see fifty feet in front of him now.

He saw the glow of torch-lit windows before he saw the Aces High itself. One of the men outside smoking a pipe glanced at him, and stood still as a statue as he approached, gripped with fear at the approach of the white-furred giant. John spoke easily as he passed, ascending the stairs up to the porch. Hawl hopped off the deer as John knelt down to let her off, sliding the large buck under a massive arm as Hawl reached up to turn the doorknob.

John passed under the crossbar, ducking under it as hawl followed closely behind into the foyer, shedding her outerwear. John set the buck down, admiring it with a smirk again. Sixteen points on its antlers, and there wasn't even any blood on the floor, as he'd killed it by breaking its neck. John shook the snow off of himself. Hawl was finished removing her many coats and scarves, and had put them on a hook that she had to reach up quite a bit for. The snow off of him, John grabbed the buck again, and as he did, Hawl leapt on his shoulders. John smiled again, and was glad his smile was genuine. He began to hear the bustle of a party inside, and hoped he wasn't too late to join the festivities. He walked around a corner into the Aces High proper, eight feet tall and holding a large deer under his arm, with thick white fur coating him from head to toe.

People stared and parted for him, giving strange looks; but for the first time in a long time, he didn't care that much about what they thought. The bar had a couple seats open, and John took both of them, laying the deer on the bar. While most who noticed John's entrance were quite silent, The barkeep, Anvil, was not.

"Oi! What're ya doing bringing a deer into this place, eh?" he inquired loudly as people returned to the party.

John smiled, realizing that his fur still obscured most of his form. He willed the fur away, and away it went, evaporating into a gray mist that dissipated within seconds. "A gift for your ovens and pots, friend!" He said jovially, patting the deer. Anvil's eyes looked from him to the deer, and looked it over, prodding the meat for a bit before the dwarf grabbed a leg with a meaty hand, swinging it over the bar on his shoulder. He smiled back at John.

"Well, anybody that brings food to my bar can have whatever he wants, what do ya need?"

John smiled as Hawl spoke first. "Cocoa please!"

John looked up a little at Hawl, then back to Anvil. "Cider, hot, thank you,"

Anvil laughed as he disappeared behind a door, yelling behind him, "Is there any other kind?"

John looked to the side. He'd seen Logan when he came in, but hadn't spoken to him. He clapped his psionic friend on the back gently.

"Fine night, eh?" he said as Anvil returned with their drinks. John reached up, handing Hawl her drink. She held it with both hands and sighed as the warmth crept up her fingers. John's cup was larger, and pungent with apples and cinnamon. He smiled again, wondering how long it had been since he had felt this way.
    Last edited by redford; 12-02-15 at 01:18 PM.
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)

EXP: 5,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next level: 3,614
    Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,614
    GP

Name
    K-Zu-Ziro
    Race
    Insectoid
    Eye Color
    Reflective, black
    Job
    First Scout of the Hostoland Empire

View Profile
    The squeaking barrel left the rails of its Rube Goldberg style contraption and plummeted to the ground below. With a mighty crack and splash it split wide open and left a wet patch in the very centre of the establishment. When the bubbly haze settled, a froth-covered rat as big as a dog and as fat as Earth's Father Christmas sat looking sorry for himself. It was Digsy, one of K-Zu-Ziro's threesome. While undeniably ratty in appearance, he was certainly humanoid and soon to prove his sentience. The rotund rodent twitched his whiskers and shook off the excess liquid.

"Well," he whistled to nobody in particular, "that was a lot of fun!"

His hesitation and his blood alcohol levels were inverted, he waddled directly for Siegfried and Ray.

He hadn't noticed Sir John, but Sir John had a decent chance of noticing him.

EXP: 1,345, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 655
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 655
    GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    Race
    Half Vampire Half Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Greenish-Gold
    Build
    5'6 around 135

I can't believe I just did that for a stranger, I mean I just revealed my powers like it was nothing. I was mentally hitting myself in the head because my mother was killed just for being a human what if they try and execute me for being impure in their eyes with having two genes instead of one. Catching my plump lower lip in between my teeth I sat taking a deep breath to trying and calm my heart that was pounding loudly. What's done is done and I wouldn't change it for the simple fact he was being picked on and that isn't right! I told myself fiercely taking a few more deep breaths before I waved my hand once motioning to fill my spiced apple cider. Murmuring a gentle thanks offered the bar keep a soft smile trying to pay for the drink but he waved it off walking away before I could protest. Turning back to the male that I had just helped a few moments ago I took a long drink of my spiked beverage before our eyes met.

I noticed that he glanced down at my lips making me a bit confused maybe I had something one them, taking the tip of my tongue I traced my plump crimson lips. Though when he didn't look away I placed my hands gently over them, "I-is there something on my mouth?" When he looked away I let a breath out I hadn't realized I had been holding, how embarrassing would it have been had I had something on my mouth. When he spoke a could feel the blush dance across my cheeks, "well I hate bullies I don't like other people being mistreated for something that they didn't do." My cheeks heated even more as I tucked a curl behind my ear, "I hope I didn't take it too far and insult you when I said you were my love/lover." A nervous giggle parted my lips before I grabbed my cup taking a long nervous gulp.

A soft smile replaced the cup that was just at my lips as I could tell he was struggling with the language though I grew up with a father that spoke many languages but not English very well. As I was about to answer a gong of some sort was struck drawing my attention to the person that gave a lovely speech.

A small sound of laughter parted my lips at the mountain of a man that gave the speech after clapping and thanks were given to those that earned it the food was brought out. The lovely smell of the air perfumed the air around the tavern as I watched many people dig into the assortment of food that had been laid out for them.

My attention to much on the people around me that when Izvilvinn laid a gentle hand on my shoulder I jumped slightly not anticipating it. Following his eyes site I saw an empty table grabbing my cup, "let's go shall we?" Following his lead I kept my eyes open and my senses on high alert in case any of those brutes wanted to try and be sneaky in the crowd. Finally as the sat down at the empty table I relaxed a little adjusting my corset that had loosened a bit in all the excitement that had happened. "So I am Karina, but please call me Kara I hate my real name." Offering out my hand to the male since I had defended him and was about to share a meal I think I should know his name at least.

EXP: 2,230, Level: 2
    Level completed: 8%, EXP required for next level: 2,770
    Level completed: 8%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,770
    GP

Name
    Siegfried Alfheim
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Black w/ Turquoise Highlights
    Eye Color
    Vibrant Hazel
    Build
    5' 11" - 185 lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger & Skyknight

View Profile
    Before Siegfried could flag a tender down for a new drink, he burst into a loud announcement. The High Elf grew his frustrations on his brow and lowered his hand. He listened, and witnessed the grand display of food and drink as it flooded into the main room. Siegfried questioned the lack of staff prior to now, but realized they committed themselves to the kitchen preparations. He found himself involuntarily nodding in approval. Though his own participation lacked the notoriety of the Famed Five, the veteran Bladesinger felt warmhearted by the display of goodwill by the Lord and Lady of the evening. Many of his fellow comrades in arms fell during to the Crusade -- He would enjoy this night for them.

When the commotion cleared, feast arranged in all its abundant glory, the High Elf turned to notice his company for the evening had acquired a beverage. How and when prickled at the back of his mind, but drowned out in the relaxing haze of his current buzz.

"Looks to me that we are set on food and drink for the night," Siegfried added with a chuckle. As one of the servers retreated back to the kitchen, the Elf threw up a finger. She caught it from the corner of her eye and approached their table.

"Yessir, is there something I can get for you?" the server asked with a sweet tone. The garbs of green and red hugged her form comfortably. Her pointed ears barely hid behind voluminous curls of dark blond.

"Miss, if you could, I'd like another one of these?" Siegfried gestured to the several empty mugs beside him. "An Eiskaltian Stout. The one infused with the local berries."

"Oh! Yes! I'm sorry, let me get these for you." She gathered up all the empty glasses in her petite hands, two in her grip, two in the crook of her arm. "I'll bring you a fresh mug right away!"

"Thank you, kindly."

With a slight curtsy, the young elven woman vanished into the kitchen. When Siegfried turned to his guest, her compliment caught him off guard. True, his hair was particularly exotic compared to most elves, but most acquaintances tend to question the markings he wore on his face.

'Perhaps she's intimidated?' he thought. 'Or... maybe she's just considerate. Rare to see in humans of this time.'

He smiled.

"Thank you." The elf slight shook his head to let the black and cerulean locks settle more comfortably around the length of his ears. "The color is a gift from my parents. As a child, they spoke of it as a blessing of the Pantheon - that I were to fulfill their will and accomplish great things."

The smile faded. Siegfried's mind began to pull memories from centuries past, vague images of a time both better and worse than the present. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, willing himself to eradicate his nostalgia. He succeeded, but mostly thanks to the heat of good booze warming his cheeks.

"Here you are, sir!" the sever's voice chimed. She placed a new frothing mug in front of him to which he quickly armed himself with. "Will there be anything else?"

"No, I think we'll be fine with the feast laid out. Thank you."

The server nodded with a smile, and before she turned to leave, she caught Rayleigh in the corner of her glance. Honey turned to venom in the elf girl's eyes. A quick, judgmental glance from top to bottom was all it took to convey the subtle yet catty message. Then, she gave her attention back to Siegfried, curtsied, and waded back into the fray.

"Pleasant help," Siegfried commented, oblivious to the unspoken exchange that just occurred. Then, realization struck him like mule.

"Oh! My manners!" He tucked his chin to his neck toward his acquaintance. "Siegfried Alfhiem of the Bladsinger's Fifth Regiment, First Platoon." He rose his head, eyes meeting hers. "And might I ask your name?"

His formalities fell for a moment, stolen by the shimmer and gleam of her striking green eyes. He found himself holding contact longer than intended, and his better judgement faltered to correct him.
    Last edited by Siegfried; 11-16-15 at 03:09 PM.
    "What was once lost to death cannot be reclaimed, but it can be avenged."
    - Anonymous

[SIZE=1]Siegfried Alfhiem - Avatar of the High Elves

EXP: 17,599, Level: 5
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 2,401
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,401
    GP

Name
    Illara
    Race
    Elf (Hybrid)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'5"/Slender

View Profile
    I shook my head in response to Alyssa's assessment of me. "I gave you my name because we survived the same hell. As far as anyone else need know, I'm just a mongrel cur." Since my brother was both drunk and distracted, I stood a good chance of remaining anonymous unless I chose to reveal myself.

"And far be it from me to steal the accolades you've earned at your own party. Stars know I've had enough attention to last from now until Haide freezes over. Though I might try to capitalize on my name to get some breakfast in the morning." I raised my mug a little bit in the direction of my blonde dining companion. "To the victorious Alyssa Snow."

I drank deeply and looked around, at the full Alerian and his sharp-fanged companion, at the uncomfortable woman with the fox, at the clumsy fool who had tried to shield himself from my attacks inside a dollhouse, at the human approaching my brother and his companion. "It's nice, you know. To see so many people from so many different races gathered in relative peace. You should go enjoy it, Alyssa. This night is for you."

I shifted a little in my seat, and a dark red cloth peeking from my satchel reminded me that I would have to get close to Siegfried again before he left the inn. When he'd found out I was going back to Raiaera in time for the Winter Festival, Uncle G made a scarf for me to give to him. In true dwarven fashion, it rivaled the girl's sweater in its ugliness.

He'd also made me one. And was I going to wear it while walking the lonely snow-covered tracts where no one could see me for leagues? Yes, I was, because in true dwarven fashion, it was also incredibly warm.
    Last edited by The Mongrel; 11-18-15 at 09:24 AM.
    It's not what you're made of that matters, it's what you make of yourself.

EXP: 74,296, Level: 11
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,704
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,704
    GP

Name
    Izvilvin Kazizzrym
    Race
    Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'9'' 145 lbs
    Job
    Drifter

View Profile
    Karina couldn't have been more wrong about why Izvilvin's attention had been drawn to her lips. He didn't laugh at her mistake, of course, but he did wonder how she could have misinterpreted his absentminded staring. Karina seemed to be a woman who knew her assets. At least some of her appeal must have been by design... Right? He simply let the moment pass and told himself to be more mindful, and respectful, with his wandering eyes.

Before he had a chance to sit, he spotted a man - a monstrous one - carrying a deer carcass. With his keen ears he heard all within the Aces High's eating area, and so a pleased smile crossed his face when he learned John's intentions. He sat across from Karina.

"Well met, Kara," he said, enunciating carefully. He took her delicate hand in his and shook it gently, careful not to let it linger too much. "My name is Izvilvin. I have a friend who likes the name Iz, and a friend who likes Izzy. You can call me whatever you want."

Izvilvin was under the impression that they would serve themselves from the middle table. While that did appear to be the case, and many patrons were doing just that, there were also servers distributing servings. He held up two fingers, and he and Kara were served huge, unreasonably high stacked plates. He could not discern every item on his, but there were multiple meats, a drumstick of some creature, gelatin, mashed and boiled and fried vegetables, and more. Steam wafted up between them and the scents, so alluring, were even stronger now that the food was so close.

He picked up their earlier thread of conversation.

"Do you have the bullies too? I do not want to create fight in a nice place like this. I did not know what to do."

"But when you called me 'lover,' it is like I said before, you can call me whatever you want."

He smiled at that, a sheepish one, and popped a piping-hot herbed carrot into his hungry mouth.

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Philomel took a seat in the very corner of the room, in the only space she could find. It happened that someone was already sitting on the other side of the table, on the opposite bench, and was staring at her with wide eyes. She did not ask if 'those seats were taken' as to her, obviously they were not at least for now. And plus, she was tired. And grumpy.

She glared back, her grey eyes sparking into furious stars, and the opposite weed of a man backed down, forcing his gaze into his tankard. Another individual, a pale fair-haired woman came sauntering up to complain at Philomel, but when she too saw the fury in the 'human's' eyes, she bit her bottom lip and just squeezed in beside the weed.

Veridian leapt with a clean jump onto the table, shocking the couple. Ignoring their reactions, however, he proceeded to sit and preen himself.

This is a loud place, he said as the room burst into melodrama. Philomel just grumbled, then growled.

Swaggering then into the pub the last of their party stormed in. Maverik had been late, as usual, collecting all of the weapons she deemed necessary before joining them. Today she came in with full armour plus halberd, sword and buckler, with all near seven foot of her suddenly drawing a lot of attention. The elf's narrow eyes scanned the room for the faun - or 'human' - that she was sworn to protect, and for a while they stopped on a series of individuals - a giant man, even taller than herself, a couple of elves who were flirting, a weird ... bug thing - then she shrugged, and started to just shoulder her way through the winter-mad crowd.

"Why did we have to bring the ship up here, Matriarch?" she roared. "It's even colder than my grandmother's corpse!"
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast