Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [Open to All] A Merry Winter Festivus!

The Three Ways
    EXP: 42,532, Level: 8
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 1,468
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,468
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job
    Manipulation of Your Mind

The psion gave a gentle nod to McKinley and replied, "good. The offer still stands, should you need any help whatsoever dealing with things, I'm more than happy to help."

It was in that precise moment when John clapped him on the shoulder, which caused Logan to nearly drop to one knee from the unintended effect of the giant's strength.

His head cocked as he glanced toward John, then to the rather diminutive, though nobody should ever tell her that, Hawl. He then turned back to the redheaded girl.

"Oh, and probably more importantly, I have a few friends who I'm certain would be more than pleased to help as well. For now, I'm going to sample of the food. Anyone care for anything?"

The telepath didn't wait for a response, opting instead to head toward the gargantuan feast. He took a deep breath, sampling the delicate aromas as they began to intertwine with one another. The Fallien dishes nearly dropped him to his backside, strong enough to easily clear anyone's sinuses. Quietly, he snagged a small bowl, and ladled a bit of what he could only assume was a soup into the bowl. With a smirk, he found himself a chair and proceeded to slurp. His anticipation for a warm dish turned out to be anything but as the chilled tomato and garlic mixture forced him to squinch his face slightly, but even still it was a wonderfully flavored entree.

Perhaps they should label these dishes. The thought made him chuckle as his finished off his bowl.
    Dying to himself, - Level 1/2
    Led to a new creation. Level 3
    The form remained - Level 4
    The foundation was rebuilt - Level 5
    The House rebuilt. - Level 6

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker
    2016 - 1/2 of Best IC Partners w/ Max Dirks, Mr. Althanas

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    a box of cakes/muffins given here,
    Fools Rush In earned here,
    Dreamer's Helm earned here,
    Might of Moxxilus earned here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

EXP: 1,345, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 655
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 655
    GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    Race
    Half Vampire Half Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Greenish-Gold
    Build
    5'6 around 135

A small smile caressed my lips returning the gentle hand shake, "It's lovely to meet you darling." With drawing my hand from his grasp I couldn't help but chew on the inside of my cheek for a moment as I thought of a nickname, Izzy or Iz was nice but too obvious. Tapping my index finger on my ample lips that I tended to purse out when thinking like I was doing at this very moment which probably made me look rather weird to Izvilvin. "As for the nickname I think I will have to get to know you better to give you one, like start to get a grasp of what you are like on a personal level." As soon as the words left my lips my hand shot up to my mouth as the look of fear washed over my seraphic features, "I mean I didn't- not that you aren't handsome or anything but I just probably sounded like one of those hussies on the street. I meant as like a friend first if you even want a relationship like that with me, Goddess knows this could be the first and last time I see you again." I was rambling just grabbing strands of whatever was in my mind and blurting them out. My cheeks I could feel were sharing the same hue of red as my lips as I took a deep breath allowing my emerald green eyes to glance at him.

"I am sorry I don't usually talk to people actually you are the first person I have spoken to and held a conversation that lasted more than three sentences with for almost ten months.. I am sort of how you would say social awkward." Running a flustered hand through my curls which only swayed and bounced back into place, letting a big gush of air out in the sound of a loud sigh. As the plate was sat in front of me my mouth all but hung open at the mountain of food they had piled onto the dish. "I won't even be able to eat a quarter of this!" Picking up my fork I stuck it in a red potatoes that looked like it had been roasted with butter, herbs and garlic. A small moan parted my lips as the flavor all but sent shivers of pleasure down my spine. After swallowing I washed it down with my drink before tilting my head back into the air sighing, "Goddess is it good to have food that isn't junk or taste like card board.."

Taking another drink I ran my finger around the rim of the glass trying to find how to word my answer, I had only just met his man so I didn't wish to tell him my life story about my mother plus it was still a sore subject from me all these years later. "I guess you could say in a way that I had bullies yes. Very, very bad ones that cost someone's life that I cared for dearly." A soft sad smile caressed my lips as the answer was informative yet a bit vague. Nodding my head I popped another potato into my mouth after finishing it another swig of my drink, "I understand I am used to large guys like them trying to throw their weight around so to speak so that is why I stepped in."

As the crimson hue danced back into my cheeks a small school girl like giggle could have been heard from any one around us as I caught my lower lip in between my teeth from stopping myself from giggling again. Goddess, grow up Karina so he said you can call him your lover don't go all girly now with the giggle fits. I harshly scolded myself but as soon as I saw the sheepish smile dance across his lips another giggle left my lips, "well I think I will just stick with your full name for now as to I don't know you that well to call you my lover."

EXP: 600, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,400
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,400
    GP

Name
    Aelin Valth

Beinost was new to him.

Corone was a different world from Raiaera. The magic was thicker here, and stronger, yet the power felt sundered and scattered. Every time he strained his mind for a connection, it felt odd. The heat was there, and the flames boiled in his blood, but the world tasted hostile on his tongue.

"Care fer a drink, laddie?" The Bartender was a stout dwarf with kind features, and he seemed extremely forthcoming with his wares. "Everythin' what I have is free tonight, courtesy of the lovely Alyssa and mister Vincent."

Aelin eyed the two that the Dwarf indicated for a moment, then returned his smiling gaze to the man. "An Ice Cider, if you please," Aelin requested cordially. "I've not had one in such a long time. There's a strain on trade from Radasanth to the rest of Corone-"

"Aye, aye, I'll get ye a cider, lad," he laughed. "You're new around here, tryin' to make a few friends, eh?"

Aelin felt his face darken a shade as his eyes dropped to the table. He felt his stomach sink, and searched himself for the proper words to respond. "Y-yes," he answered honestly. "Initiate Knight Valth," he added. "Third tribunal regiment, Corone. I was sent to Raiaera for further training."

"Knightly order, and they sent you from Corone? Don't get too knightly this side of the water, lad." The barkeep polished a glass and watched the silver haired youth intently, mirth in his smirk. "What sort of knightly training do you intend, skulkin' about with elves and the walkin' dead?"

"My order dabbles in mystery as well as chivalry," Aelin explained. "The Arcane Knights take a proactive stance on the misuse and dangers of Magic across the known world."

"Aha," the Dwarf snapped. "Yer a Mageling."

Aelin blinked. "Ah, er, yes. My formal training is in the arcane arts."

"And that sword you wear?" Aelin glanced down to his hip, where the lithe blade rested all but forgotten. "Should I assume it is largely for show?"

"Ahhh..." Aelin sank into his seat a bit further as he felt the desire to dissappear increasing. "...can I just have my cider?" he asked, in the smallest voice possible.

With a loud laugh, the dwarf placed a flute of rich, pale liquid on the table before Aelin. "You'll need more gumption than that to survive out here, boy." Aelin took the drink in hand and matched gazes with the barkeep. "You're going to need to grow a backbone, and soon. No amount of magical knowledge will save you if you don't have heart."

Aelin lifted the drink to his lips and washed away his doubts. The flute rattled to the table. "I appreciate your concern," Aelin stated flatly. Everyone always doubts me, he mused. Even the ones who don't know me.
    Last edited by Aelin Valth; 11-18-15 at 11:51 PM.

EXP: 74,296, Level: 11
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,704
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,704
    GP

Name
    Izvilvin Kazizzrym
    Race
    Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'9'' 145 lbs
    Job
    Drifter

View Profile
    Agep lu'eeren, he thought, the carrot exploding with flavor and depth. How could a roasted vegetable be so delightful, particularly one so common?! Just salt and pepper were enough to throw him into an internal frenzy - he couldn't recall the last time he'd had food with spice and flavor! Izvilvin resolved to splurge a bit more and explore the offerings of nearby pubs.

Next was a generous forkful of turkey and potatoes, smothered in tar-colored gravy and absolutely raging hot. He ate it with lustful but polite chewing, his mouth open to allow the heat to escape but hidden by a skillful hand.

And all the while he listened intently to Karina. She was nervous, he could tell, or at least a bit unsure about herself. Izvilvin allowed himself a moment of feeling badly for insisting on their continued parlance, but wiped it away quickly - she was sitting with him because she wanted to.

He weighed her words carefully. She had revealed much, many small details that Izvilvin knew could be expanded upon to much more.

"You said Goddess. Is that I understood that you have religion?"

He immediately regretted the question - religion was often a sore topic. He wanted to ask her why she spoke so rarely to others, what had happened to cause the death of another, but these felt more personal. He wanted to address her presumption that she sounded like a hussy - this one, in particular, he could not respond to with levity in the face of serious comments.

EXP: 12,177, Level: 4
    Level completed: 64%, EXP required for next level: 1,823
    Level completed: 64%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,823
    GP

Name
    Alyssa Dianne Snow
    Race
    Homunculus
    Hair Color
    Platinum Blonde
    Eye Color
    Pale Blue-Green
    Build
    5'6"/125lbs
    Job
    Empress of the Tarot Hierarchy

View Profile
    "Thanks, Illara." Alyssa smiled and brought her mug to her lips. "It would have been nice to have everyone from the crusade here, but I heard many are either tending to reconstruction or taking a well deserved leave."

She leaned back in her chair. From the corner table that she and her reclusive colleague sat, Alyssa had full view of the tavern. Guests tended to the feast in spurts. Some wore smiles and laughed with friends and loved ones. Others twisted and cringed their faces in response to new flavors not custom to their limited palettes. Then, there were the one-offs - those without another to share the eve with. These were the stragglers and lone wolves who simply found themselves in the right place at the right time. Even while alone, Alyssa could see the warmth of the festivities in their flushed cheeks. A sense of accomplishment washed over the girl. Though she still felt, deep down, that she was undeserving to be considered one of them, this moment helped to soothe her self doubts.

Amidst the crowd, the blonde found a head of silvery hair fighting his indecision while looking over the vast collection of dishes. Alyssa's eyes perked up and her lips curled into a smirk. She brought her fingers up to the damascus cuff on her right ear and gave it a slight tug. Like throwing a fishing line, Alyssa cast her thoughts out into the crowd and hooked herself a Logan McCloud.

"Why hello there, Lo-Lo," Alyssa projected into his mind. Usually requiring some form of acceptance protocol, Alyssa knew Logan always kept his mind open for her. Before he had time to react, the smiled and softly laughed to herself, anticipating the cocked head and bewildered stare.

"Do you mind if I invite another to join us, Illara? Or would you rather take a moment to enjoy some solitude?" Alyssa asked making a gesture with her head toward the psion.

EXP: 17,599, Level: 5
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 2,401
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,401
    GP

Name
    Illara
    Race
    Elf (Hybrid)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'5"/Slender

View Profile
    I'd recognized the figure from that Citadel battle not very long in the past. I'd never learned my opponent's name, nor had I given mine. But he stood head and shoulders above me and outweighed me by a good deal, and had still fallen beneath my assaults. I wanted to smugly conclude that superior speed outmatched unfettered physical power any time, but Stars only knew what would have happened if we'd had a proper duel. Instead, the silver-haired strangler had simply learned to never bring a flying leap to a gun fight.

I still felt dirty for resorting to Alerian technology for a victory, however fake the weapons and the arenas were.

It was my intention to reiterate my instructions to Alyssa, to tell her again to go and bask in the glory of her own victory. People had crowded around the man she'd indicated in waves, and I've never been comfortable around groups of strangers. I just wanted to observe, really. This celebration was the closest I'd get, as far as ambiance and energy, to a gathering of Unfoundlings for perhaps several years, and I wanted to enjoy the bittersweetness of that sentiment.

Instead, I heard myself saying, "If you want. I need to refresh my drink, but I'll probably be back before he arrives."

What in Haide...? Really, Illara?

Maybe I wanted to be part of a group for once, but that didn't sound like me. Granted, fifty year-old me would have said it didn't sound like me to fall in love with anyone, much less an unholy hybrid of orc and lowly human, and I had.

Whatever. Maybe it'll be fun. Doesn't mean I can't strangle my brother before that, though.

Mug in hand, I slipped into the crowd, moving casually but purposefully toward the bar, slipping dexterously past other revelers, often before they were aware I'd ever been near them. I did refresh my drink, trading strong, sweet rum for strong, sweet cocoa, then I eyed my mark. Still drunk. Still distracted. Still not looking at me.

Perfect.

In the seconds before my new cup arrived, I made a quick slipknot in the ugly burgundy scarf Uncle G had meant for Siegfried. Two swift steps took me to his back, a flick of my wrist and a sharp yank of soft fabric completed the attack.

"Ai' atar lle vedui' onaya."

I melted back into the crowd before he had a chance to turn around.
    It's not what you're made of that matters, it's what you make of yourself.

EXP: 1,345, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 655
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 655
    GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    Race
    Half Vampire Half Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Greenish-Gold
    Build
    5'6 around 135

I watched as he eat with much hunger but yet with such grace and politeness that a small danced across my plump red lips. He was a dashing looking man after all and seemed kind and genuine with interest to learn about me. Shaking my head a little I sighed softly taking a forkful of what looked like stuffing and well I guess stuffing it into my mouth. The flavors of the bread, rosemary, garlic, butter and other savory flavors caressed my pallet as a small moan crept out of my mouth as I chewed slowly. I just kept repeating to myself as I chewed my stuffing, if your own father can hurt you what makes you think another person won't do the same? Never to get attached and never make any types of relationships. Acting as if I was really into my food I shuffled a few of the mixed sautéed veggies around along with my stuffing and what looked to be ham before popping a small parsnip into my mouth. Whoever had prepared the food was an amazing cook, I mean I can through down in the kitchen as well but my Goddess this was like heaven in my mouth.

Focused on my food I jumped slightly when he asked about the religion I have because of me saying the word Goddess. Catching my lower lip in between my teeth as I fumbled around with it unsure how to explain. "Um..." Casting my eyes up to meet his worried facial expression I released my lip scratching the back of my head causing my curls to jump. "Well.." I was struggling horribly with trying to explain this to him when I am sure it was so simple to say.

"My mother-" I could feel the sadness starting to drip down my face like rain fell as a picture of my mother popped into my head instantly. "I am sorry, my Mother was- well she practiced Pagan witchcraft so I guess you could call her a wiccan and so they tended to pray to multiple Gods and Goddesses. I grew up with her always saying Dear Goddess and thinks like that.." I could feel my cheeks heating up as a pink hue caressed them. Why was that more difficult than it had to be, yes my mother was dead and had been for a few years so why on Earth was it so hard for me to think about her? A small sigh parted my lips as I couldn't help but avoid his eye contact, he probably thought of me as some weird woman that couldn't speak properly. Playing with my lower lip again, Goddess I really have to break that habit, thinking to myself as I release my lip quickly from my teeth's grip.

Fists of Fury
    EXP: 29,216, Level: 7
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 5,784
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,784
    GP

Name
    (Sir) John Albert Cromwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sandy blonde, falls around his shoulders barely
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile
    John turned back to the bar as Logan departed for the food. He tipped his glass back, feeling the warm spice of the cider flow down his throat into his chest and stomach, warming him all the way down. Though the cup may have been normal sized, John drained it in one gulp, and slid it across, tapping on the bar as Anvil spoke to the boy beside them. A sword was on his hip. Though more than that, John noticed something odd, though he could not place it until he'd stared for a moment.

The boy's armor was clean. He wore good leather, but it was spotless. No scratches or scuffs that he could see. He was also small, and not just because John was large. The boy had bright, determined eyes that lacked the weariness of battle experience. John saw himself for a moment in the boy.

As Anvil placed another cider on the bar for John, he clapped Anvil's shoulder, making sure to use the proper amount of force.

"Ah, the boy'll be fine, master dwarf!" he exclaimed, turning to Aelin. Hawl reached down and set her cup on the bar.

"If you came here for mystery, friend," John said, holding up a hand. Out of his closed fist grew a long knife, sharpened with a tanto point. John focused on his armor, and engravings appeared on the blade. Just as quickly, it shimmered into liquid and returned to John's armor, covering his entire torso. He continued to the boy, smiling. "Then you came to the right place."
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)

The Three Ways
    EXP: 42,532, Level: 8
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 1,468
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,468
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job
    Manipulation of Your Mind

Logan finished the bit of 'soup' or whatever it was, and grabbed a couple of the various breads, before returning to Kinley, John and Hawl.

"Heads up," the psion said to the giant and his wee little companion friend as he tossed a couple of rolls their way before settling into the seat next to Kinley. Her wolf growled at him as if still a bit leary, so he did the one thing he knew to do.

"Well hello there. You should know I'm only out to keep Kinley safe, just like you," he explained telepathically to the still uneasy beast. He ripped a small piece of bread from one of the remaining pieces in his hand, and held it out for her. Her eyes looked up to his, unsettled and unsure, but after a few moments of heavy sniffing and curious glances between them, she licked the bread and then bit down gently into it pulling it from his hand. Logan smirked, "Good girl."

The psion offered the remaining bit of bread to Kinley, "And for you, as well."

Just then, he felt the all too familiar tug of the Empress. Unlike she expected, he didn't act surprised at all. Over the past few excursions, she'd tried to surprise him enough it no longer elicited a shocked response. Instead, he ignored her, knowing full well she'd become curious and probably venture over to see what it was that kept him. Two could play that game.

Finally, Logan introduced the trio to one another. "John, Hawl, I'd like to introduce you to McKinley, a dear friend of mine, and her friend whose name I still haven't found out. I've offered our services should she ever need them, and I am pretty certain you two would be more than willing to jump to her aide all the same. Kinley, these are John and Hawl. John and I go way back, a few adventures at least. He's one of the good guys, even if he'll never admit it to himself...or anyone else. Hawl and I go a ways back as well. Quite a few less adventures, but friends all the same. Also, Hawl's the one you want to talk to if you need to locate or purchase any hard to find artifacts. Girl has connections even I don't have, and that is saying something."
    Dying to himself, - Level 1/2
    Led to a new creation. Level 3
    The form remained - Level 4
    The foundation was rebuilt - Level 5
    The House rebuilt. - Level 6

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker
    2016 - 1/2 of Best IC Partners w/ Max Dirks, Mr. Althanas

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    a box of cakes/muffins given here,
    Fools Rush In earned here,
    Dreamer's Helm earned here,
    Might of Moxxilus earned here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

EXP: 74,296, Level: 11
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,704
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,704
    GP

Name
    Izvilvin Kazizzrym
    Race
    Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'9'' 145 lbs
    Job
    Drifter

View Profile
    Izvilvin was right to regret the topic. He stopped eating as Karina explained and wept, her words coming slowly and occasionally mumbled. The drow hadn't expected an emotional reaction, though he could see she struggled to maintain her composure. She became more whole to him, then, a person of dimension - so rarely did he consider that the people he met everyday often had pasts as difficult as his own.

He could only meet her eyes, when possible, and offer a gentle smile. The way her voice trailed off and she glanced away, he didn't need to press for the remainder of the story.

"I apologize, this is a painful story that you have."

He leaned back and thought for a moment, searching for the appropriate response.

"The final time I saw my ilhar was long ago. A human's lifetime. I do not know if she lives or not."

He snatched up a batch of green beans with his fork, resting his elbow on the table and holding them high. "We move on, our talk should be more pleasant. Where do you go when the party is completed?"

But his mind had wandered elsewhere. It was only a year ago that he'd returned to Ettermire to seek any living members of his family, but had come up short. He could find little mention of them anywhere, nor path to follow to find them. He left the city shortly after, unable to remain there in the wake of his failure.

He popped the beans into his mouth and thought of them, instead.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast