Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding Ietus Part 1 - Tirel (solo)

EXP: 7,497, Level: 3
    Level completed: 63%, EXP required for next level: 1,503
    Level completed: 63%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,503
    GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile

Finding Ietus Part 1 - Tirel (solo)

The thunder of the storm shook the night skies of the Tirel harbour, ushering the once calm shoreline of Salvar to strike at the docklands with its mighty land devouring waves. Yet, the re-enforced and sturdy built docks of Tirel had seen much worse, and it took on the stormy weather as it had been designed to, resisting the weathering waves efficiently.

The mighty stone sea wall took the brunt of the offensive, protecting the inner harbour from its perilous wrath. Allowing the now swaying boats and ships to float and rocking rather harmlessly within its confines. Yet it remained haunted by the loud banshee type howls of the blustering wind as it struck the town. Tirel while widely known as the harbour of the north was known by another more daunting name; Tirel, the city of lost souls. Many a traveller would venture here, be it by land or stormy sea. Yet few families chose to stay in such a cold damp place.

The docks were a tough hard working place to live, and the town itself bustled with trade income and temporary businesses that failed to make ends meet. Bars and whore houses flourish amongst the tradesmen and sailors to Tirel, and while currency and wealth grows in abundance, farmland is few and far between on this cold dirty land. If not for the strategic and convenient position of the harbour, this large growing town would be but a small fishing village.

But from humble origins to a reknown trading capital, the future is bright for Tirel. The harbour was the one key feature that defined this town, and because of the sea wall protection, the dockyard rarely shut down. Today as any other day, the many sailors and tradesman continued to work and prepare for their next journeys.

The flickering burning torches along the jetties struggled to cope against the violent wind. Yet as the night drew closer, the few remaining hard workers finished off their loading in advance of the next day's travel.

Ayithe, shivering against the cold and wet like a drowned rat, walked through the dank warehouses and along the soaking dock. Persistent in her search for anyone who could shed some light on the mystery that was Ietus. The question to where it was plagued her mind, it was a sailors legend and folks tale, with most believing it was simply a whisper to spread the fear of the far east continent.

Still, Ayithe had not given up all hope and had the desire and determination to ask throughout Tirel for its location. The docklands were huge, the largest on Salvar's east coast, and there were more than enough people to question. All she needed now was a lead to spur her on further.

She held her black cloak close, desperately shielding her long blonde and brown hair and determined face, the supposed water proof had done the bare minimum to keep her dry from the blustering wind and rain. It was thin and poorly made, the basic material for such a task, the result of buying cheap and Ayithe regretted it with a shiver.

"You're barking up the wrong tree, Miss! We're bound for Corone in the morning." The man shouted through the battering rain as it slapped against them with the every new gust of wind.

"Can you tell me who I could speak to at least?" She begged as they both held onto their coats against the sudden blast of wind.

"Look, Miss, I've a job to do, and unless you've got something worth my while, I'm busy." He pulled his hood back over his rough face intent on ignoring her pleading. "You're looking for a myth, a story to frighten the new recruits from heading to far east. Ietus, doesn't, exist."

It didn't matter how hard faced she stared at him, those dark eyes were not empathic, but careless. He simply turned away and marched back into the group of box carrying men - shifting their cargo from the nearby warehouse to the large ship down the jetty in military style operation, they worked in a single line like worker ants, unfazed by the pouring rain and battering wind. Though, Ayithe knew they were better dressed to endure the weather than herself.

It wasn't easy hearing that same line again, it wasn't the first time and it probably wouldn't be the last. Yet, every time she heard it, it hurt that little bit more. The underlining concern that they might be telling the truth and she had been lied to about this whole thing haunted her worries. She wiped her rain covered blue eyes and pulled the few hanging strands of her blonde hair to one side.

Bastard...

She scowled at him from afar before she turned away and looked down the less active part of the jetty that she was yet to travel. The burning torches that marked the jetty edge were mostly out, and the workers to the next pier had evidently stopped for the night. She walked anyway, like a shadow in the night, unnoticed onto the next pier. Her dark attire fit perfectly into the shadows of the dark alleys and night sky. but she was no thief or assassin - she was a fighter for sure, trained and as beautiful as she was deadly, but her desire to fight lay in adventure rather than that of miss-deeds. The boardwalk itself refused to even creak under her steps; she was a lost gemstone, caste aside and forgotten amongst the other grey rocks at the vast shoreline of Tirel.

Nothing acknowledged her in this place. She had felt rather lonely in pervious travels, but now she really felt it press upon her. With the pressure of her pursuer, though seemingly long gone, and her missing friends, she had not been around anyone for more than a few moments. Leaving her to move on to her next destination alone. Completely alone.

Another gust of wind wrapped around her as she walked by a large closed store. Her rain cover quickly displaced, forcing her to adjust as she tried to protect herself from the elements with the thin and near useless cloak. She tensed up her hand and closed her eyes, trying to take a deep breath to calm her frustrations, as she felt the rain spray against her already soaked face. She grimaced as she leaned against the store wall, there was no shelter over head and the raven black cloak flung about irritatingly in her faltering grasp, then she sighed.

I hate this... I hate this...I don't deserve it!

Ayithe let go of her wimpy cloak and allowed the next gust of wind to give it flight. It soared for a brief moment then sounded with a loud wet slap as it hit against the brick of the store wall. Almost immediately she could taste the salty sea as the rain poured down her face, it was revolting.

Ayithe shivered violently, her lips trembling and her skin goose bumped. She rubbed her uncovered arms in a futile attempt to try give some warmth back; but the cold sea inflicted rain would not let up.

"Fuck you!" She whimpered harshly at the cloak as it matted on harbour floor.

She looked around despairingly, the blurred lights ahead of her still highlighting the men on the adjoining pier, the thrashing water to her side splashed up with the waves and the pattering of the falling sprays masked the silence of her lonely journey. She wouldn't go back, and she didn't know why she even considered it for that moment. She had chosen this path and she would have to endure it - she knew that.

Grabbing the soaked cloak back off the ground, she shook the worst off, and unsurprisingly it was rain sodden and the same as it always was, worthless. Even if it was all she had, there were some things that just weren't worth keeping.

Sod it... She tossed it away frustratingly and continued on.
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 07-31-16 at 09:40 AM.

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    It could easily be considered a mistake to have thrown away your only means of protection from the cold, but Ayithe banished the thought from her mind. Entering the dim, daunting, thin passages of another section of the warehouse district, Ayithe had some minor shelter from the rain itself; the overhanging and sometimes over lapping roofs instead formed small cascading waterfalls down the middle of the thin streets.

For all its shelter overhead, the wind did gain momentum through the tunnelled passageways, continuing to roar like a beast of the night. Walking through here, was like walking through the dark confines of a watery cave or shallow gorge. As stubborn as she could be, she knew she needed shelter at this time and wasn't bull headed enough to think she could take on the weather in her current state.

The dark red and black attire of the Darkling creatures skin was formidable, tough and comfortable, but it did little against the force of nature. Water proof to a point, though it never covered her stomach and stopped short of her biceps. It even cut low at the front with her cleavage somewhat on show, and the cold touched every inch of her skin and crept into every crevice it could reach. With weather like this, she often regretted her choice of clothes, but Tirel was the furthest north she had ever travelled and the cold and wet here could be harsher than she had ever experienced - particularly in the winter.

She pushed on a little further, increasing her pace as she skipped through the rain towards the local inns and taverns.

Pausing by the broader main street of stone buildings and pubs, she remained lurking in the back passage. The silence of the empty warehouses behind her while the sound of bustling voices and string music bellowing out from the street before her. She had avoided so much of this recently but if she was honest with herself, it was becoming more dangerous for her to be hiding in the dark. It wasn't easy leaving the shadows, as the past few months she had become accustomed to it, having to stay hidden from the main crowd. Keeping herself safe from her pursuer, it was hard to shake the fact she no longer appeared to be being stalked.

I guess... I've gone far enough. I shouldn't have to hide. She tried hard to break the paranoia she had invoked on herself.

She took a step out into the cascading blanketing rain, then paused. A small flicker of metal had caught the moonlight just a little further down the street, and a feminine figure appeared to wander against the walls of the tall buildings, slowly disappearing further into the silence that was the near empty harbour. Ayithe watched cautiously for a moment, unsure of what she was witnessing. The brief thought it was her pursuer crossed her mind: her vision sharp with concern, the hairs on her neck stood on end, and her heart pounded with a sudden nervous burst. Then, she had to calm herself as she understood her moment of paranoia and met the moment for what it really was.

Damn it! Don't scare yourself like that...It's only a woman. Though, what is wrong with her? Is she drunk?

The woman didn't seem to stagger, but appeared reliant on the very wall she was feeling with her hands. Her slow uncertain steps were almost clumsy, but then firm once they pressed against the cobbled floor.

Ayithe considered approaching, there was something distressing about her walking through the dark like this. Such a dainty looking woman appeared out of place here, and walking alone on a dark stormy night was far from safe for anyone. At least Ayithe was strong and trained to defend herself.

She could be a trap, a thief... a murderer... am I walking into a trap? Maybe she's lost, hurt...Soon to be. She doesn't look tough. Not like me.

Ayithe looked over her shoulder, the street was empty but for one man entering the nearest tavern across the road. The ambience was filled with the battering the rain gave the land, the muddy cobbled floor flushed with small streams that tricked downhill towards the warehouses, and even the bellowing noise of the drunks from the tavern were muted beneath the storms power and prestige.

Ayithe gripped her wrist blade, the mechanism shielded from the water; it still functioned. She touched it as if the remind herself she could fight back should she need to. Then, rather confidently, she walked towards the strange woman.

"Excuse me," she called out gently through the rain. "Are you ok?"

The woman froze, her posture shot upright as she looked a little startled.

"I'm fine." She pulled her hood up and over her short black hair as if to hide herself. Since she was already soaked, it didn't make much sense to cover herself now and Ayithe wasn't so convinced by her dismissal. She waited in the open rain as she watched the woman walk until pausing by the end of the brick wall. The gap between itself and the next building a few meters at least, she looked daunted.

Yet, in a slow walk with the smallest of steps, she wandered across. Her arms twitching as if resisting the urge to reach forward, even then, she did well not the trip over the uneven cobbles. Ayithe walked slowly beside her, feeling that something beyond what she could currently see, was wrong.

She waited as the lady failed to find the next wall. A few meters lost of its position her arms flailed for a moment before stopping and dropping flat by her side in frustration.

"Yes..." The woman called out deflated. "I'm blind. I know your still there, so stop staring and talk to me."

"I only meant to see if you were ok. I didn't mean to scare you."

The young slim woman pulled her hood back down, her short hair, soaked as much as Ayithes. Her green eyes tainted with a light grey, while her pupils were clearly dilated. Even now she stood slightly unaligned to Ayithes position as they talked, she was completely blind.

"The rain... It's messed with me, and I'm not sure where I am anymore. I think I took a wrong turn. Can you by any chance show me back to..."

"I'm sorry," Ayithe interrupted as if to refuse. "But I don't really know this place. So I'm not sure how well I could guide you anywhere. I'm passing through myself."

"Great," she grunted sarcastically with a pouting lip. "Well, thanks for the chat! I must be going."

Ayithe hesitated in stopping her for a moment, watching the proud woman attempting to continue on regardless. She had to be based somewhere around the docks; her thick boots and her heavy rain coat were much better designed for being around this weather, and no one in land wore that clothing.

It was easy to just move on from this. Ayithe had no obligation to help, she had never met her before and would likely never meet her again, however, leaving a person alone with the potential to get in trouble was not something Ayithe wanted playing on her conscience. So the young woman tried to wander into the dark once more, Ayithe made her decision.

"Hold on a moment!" Ayithe called to her. "I can help at least... try get you back to where you want to be."

Ayithe held out her hand, she wasn't sure where she'd end up, but she couldn't leave the poor girl alone out here. "Take my hand and I'll guide you as best I can."

"You're gonna have to do better than that!" She groaned, her own hand grasping at the air. "How about you take my hand, cause I can't see yours you idiot."

Ayithe gawped a little, her hand covering her mouth in surprise to the girls attitude. Ayithe had not meant to be rude at all, but wasn't used to being around someone who could not see. Ayithe, thought a little shocked, took her hand. She wore thick gloves and felt warm, unlike Ayithe, and she gripped tightly like a child to her mother.

"Right, I was following the taverns along the promenade." Her free hand gestured as if to describe the vision in her head. "The sounds usually guide me along till I reach a certain sign post, I turn off there."

"Okay. I'll take you back towards the taverns then." It wasn't far from where they were, so Ayithe knew immediately that the sign post would probably be the hardest part as they walked towards the road of inns and whorehouses.

"Are you not wearing any gloves?" She exclaimed as she began to squeeze harder while they walked back up the road. "I can feel your fingers."

"No I'm not, can't say I've ever needed them." Ayithe gripped back a litter tougher herself.

What am I doing...I hope I don't regret this, though, I can't see myself leaving until she's safe.

Looking down the long road of taverns and bars, it was clear this was usually a common place of public movement, emptied by the bad weather. The young woman clearly hadn't wandered too far off track, but being blind she had almost no chance of finding her way back without Ayithe.

"I can hear the strings. Violins, so beautiful."

Ayithe smiled to herself as she watched her relax and smile in appreciation of the music. The familiar sounds must have been a relief as her grip lessened slightly. "It's the Leaky Deck Inn." Ayithe read from the hanging wooden sign across the road.

"Great, you can read. I hope that fills you with pleasure," she muttered sarcastically. "Anyway, we need to head downhill from here. The violins always play at the Leaky Deck, then Glynn's Stow Away Tavern is much quieter, but my friends love it in there. There's a signpost that I use to mark where to turn. You can walk me to there."

It felt more like a command than a request, but Ayithe had already decided to help so she couldn't back out now. Especially as she held Ayithe's hand with an iron like grip, she wasn't letting go any time soon, and Ayithe wasn't sure if it was through control or uncertainty. The odd person passed along the way, mainly the drunks, while others more sober, gave them assuming looks as they held hands down the cobbled road.

"So, no gloves. What's your name?" She questioned.

"Ayithe."

"Ayithe, hmmm," she seemed to hover over her name for a moment. "You have a pretty voice Ayithe. A little husky, but light. I bet the men love it."

"Oh... Thanks, I guess." Ayithe's grip naturally weakened as she questioned the reason for such a comment. Yet, there was no letting go from the vice like grip. She looked up ahead to spot the upcoming mentioned tavern, but the blurry distant lights and slow bending street hid it from view. She continued to hope it wasn't too far and then she could ditch this rather blunt and rude girl.

"Mine's L'ven." She smirked almost nervously as she ran her fingers through her short but soaked black hair, dragging it backwards with a few repeated strokes. "I realise you're probably wondering what a pretty girl, like me, is doing wandering alone... in this place? It's mainly just men here, by the harbour I mean. So I am vastly outnumbered, which some would call a bit dangerous for me, but heck, it's not stopping me. I'm tougher than that."

"You sound it L'ven. I'm only passing by anyway. So I'm glad you're okay." She found it difficult to know exactly to say to such a woman, but keeping it short was easier.

"Yeah! Well you scared the shit out of me at first. Sneaking up on someone who's blind, not as funny as you might think! So yeah, I'm okay now. But! I know people here, and your just passing by, so I got to wonder why you were, you know, walking alone off the main street?"
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 07-31-16 at 10:58 AM.

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    "I'm trying to find a ride out of here," Ayithe replied as they closed in on the next tavern, her eyes already peering across in hope it was her stop.

"Where ya going? We're heading out in the morning ourselves. Maybe you can hitch a ride aboard us."

Ayithe's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief, she had already presumed the girl lived by the docks, but she hadn't thought that she would end up being on an actual boat. Still, she wasn't going to believe this blind girl was going to be on a boat that would travel far east. It was more likely that she lived here and travelled on a fishing vessel.

"Thanks, I'm trying to..." Ayithe hesitated. She couldn't shake the anxiety that she may get laughed at once again. Yet, she would ask anyway. "...get to, Ietus."

"Never heard of it! But, you're best asking my brother about that stuff."

Ayithe held her hand a little tighter and slowed them down with a tug. The next sign post before them was jammed into the pavement at a slight misalignment, and to its left the boisterous voices across the street mixed into the rainy weather. The multi-arrowed, old, wooden sign post leaned ever so slightly to one side, but its carved writing, recently filled in with a lick of paint, remained clear and legible in the wet.

Glynn’s Stow Away Tavern,
    Glynn’s Jetty

"We’re here." Ayithe announced.

"Excellent! Though, I doubt the guys will be on the jetty anymore. So come on no gloves, you might as well accompany me in!"

Ayithe looked up at the Tavern entrance, the large overhead sign looked rather pristine as it swung in the cold wind. The thick double doors were pulled shut, but ever so slightly ajar, allowing the voices of many a drunk man to escape from within. One large window with panels divided into panes no larger than a hands splay, covered the front at either side of the door. The building raised three floors above, and appeared as if it would be a good place to stay the night at least.

"Come on!" L'ven tugged at her arm as Ayithe dragged her heals.

Surprisingly, she now walked considerably more confident. L'vens stride broadened and once her hand touched the door she pushed in with no hesitance. A large ray of light spread out into the street as they entered, the inside lively and considerably brighter than the dim wet exterior. Ayithe could feel the warmth the moment she entered, the well spaced and well decorated room was no drunken layabout of a bar. Clean and tidy, the room boasted a large oak fireplace that stretched the length of the rear wall. The large round tables sat neatly placed apart along the walls, which left a large walkway within the center of the room.

"L'ven!" A loud male voice called across to them. He leapt up from his chair with enthusiasm and trotted over. Well dressed and well kept, he smiled, while giving a curious look to Ayithe before facing L'ven again.

"You wouldn't believe what happened to me. Crazy, crazy story, but boring and absolutely no reason to tell you about it."

"We were starting to think we should come looking for you." The concerned look on his face was brief but clear as he gave L'ven a big hug. Her elated face proud and full of bliss as she smiled receiving the bear like hug. Her relief was now evident to Ayithe as they embraced, though she had hidden it so well to this point.

"So, you going to introduce me to your friend?"

"Unnnh.....Give me chance you horses ass. This is Ayithe, she kindly helped me get back to you."

"Oh, well, thanks Ayithe." He smiled with an attractive broad grin.

"You're her brother, I assume?"

They both laughed lightly, leaving Ayithe a little awkward as she smiled nervously. The joke and situation lost on her as they giggled in an almost mocking manner. As amusing as it was to them she knew no one here and certainly didn't enjoy being mocked. She held her tongue for a moment as L'ven placed her hand on her shoulder. "This is my love, my reason to live."

"My names Dohn, pleased to meet you." He held out his hand in a welcoming manner.

Hilarious... She thought sarcastically. Probably a good job she can't see my face right now.

Ayithe masked her light scowl back into a smile and shook his hand. His large fist gripped firmly but with a sense of care as he lifted her forehand and kissed it gently before letting her go. "You both look like drowned rats. Come over to our table, we're near the fire place."

Ayithe followed last, deliberately walking slowly, the feeling of regret growing within her as they approached a table of grouped gossiping men. If she had time to think about it, she would have much preferred to have packed in for the day and tried again in the morning. This once again felt like a risk she probably shouldn't have been taking.

Well, I'm here now, I might as well see this out.

Leaving a dripping trail of rain water behind herself, Ayithe really began to feel the cold. The change of temperature to the warm Inn seemed to make it more evident against her skin. She could feel the cold rain drops as they ran down her face, arms, and stomach. Her soaked through Darkling skin attire wasn't the most waterproof clothing, nor was it designed to protect against the elements, currently evident as she felt the sticky damp fabric sticking to her every move.

Stopping by a large round table, the group of sailors sat around it, quietly conversing over a few drinks, before peering up at their new arrivals like a pack of wild dogs. They all appeared dressed in rather smart attires; a mix of colours, but each wearing a distinct emblem of crossed spears that sat behind a large mythical type creature in the center - It's mouth gaping, its teeth long, and its design to appear like it was staring at the viewer. Ayithe had never seen that emblem before.

A short box bearded man tossed a towel over to Ayithe, and then a second into the arms of Dohn who kindly passed it to L'ven. Ayithe wasn't sure where to place her eyes as the group focused on her in a rather intimidating manner, inspecting her as the stranger she was to them. She gave herself a quick rub down, drying her immediate body and arms in a hasty manner. Meanwhile her hair continued to drip, so she wrapped it up, giving it a strong squeeze before she let it slap back against her shoulders. It would take some time to dry properly, but at least she wouldn't be dripping everywhere.

The group parted at one side, allowing the women to sit closer to the fire, the curving seats designed in mind to wrap around the circular table while able to seat at least two. Ayithe sat down cautiously, the warm fire slowly heating her back, it felt nice, somewhat relaxing but for the five men all staring her way.

"So. You brought my sister back to us." The cleanly shaven bulky man spoke from across the table. Clearly muscular under his shirt that just about fit him, he looked the larger of the group. Taking a long slow gulp of his drink, while not releasing his somewhat accusatory gaze from Ayithe, he then continued. "You want something in return? Otherwise, why else you here?"

Ayithe looked back at him with a stern look. She wasn't about to let these men make her feel intimidated. "I've been looking for a ride to Ietus. An Island in the east, and your sister, politely, advised me you may have heard of it."

The table fell silent, any chatter stopping as they listened to the new woman. No laughter or mocking, no whispers or shouting, they just stared even more intensely. Ayithe held herself stern; taking deep breaths, she felt her heart racing, her fingers tapping on her knees under the table. This didn't feel like the most pleasant start to a conversation.

"Guh. We are heading east. You think helping my sister earns you a right onto my boat?"

A few smirks met the table and the box bearded man beside L'vens brother took a drink to hide his amused face.

"No. I'll pay if I have to."

Ayithe nervously glanced over to Dohn and L'ven, who had deliberately kept hushed during this moment.

"Don't look at them!" He slammed his fist on the table. "Ietus don't exist, it's a myth, a legend created by fear mongers to keep people travelling too far east. You're wasting your time, love."

Ayithe stood up suddenly, the wooden stool sliding back behind her, while nearly knocking L'ven off in the process.

That's all you had to say you unhelpful prick.

"Woah, where you think you're going?" The nearest man, bald but not old, gripped her arm tightly with his calloused hand.

Ayithe didn't take any chances, outnumbered and feeling under threat, she released her wrist blade and pressed it up against his throat. The sharp steel blade as close to a cut as it could be as she pressed it against his rough chin - it would only take a second. The group surprised by the sudden appearance of such a weapon stood up, some backing off as they all stared her down, yet no one drew a weapon to her. The man, unfazed, but not stupid held his arms up and out wide. His armless shirt revealing the large muscular arms that had threatened her, but no muscle could stop her blade from slicing his throat should he try to grab her again.

"You back off!" She warned, her lips angry and full of venom as she glared at him.

"Guh. I won't do nothing."

"CALM THE FUCK DOWN!" L'ven's brother called across the table. "He's not gonna hurt you. This is not the establishment to which one draws blood. Everyone... sit, down."

Ayithe hadn't noticed the room fall silent around her, but she did notice that no one else had drawn a weapon at her. Then slowly, as he had commanded, they all sat down as she continued to hold the blade nervously by the man's throat. They didn't need weapons to handle her, she knew that by just looking at them. Yet it was clear, not just in her threatening weapon, but in the instinctive look on her face, she was no rookie with a blade.

"How did you know we were heading to, Ietus? You meet my sister to get my attention? Or you working for the old man?"

Ayithe finally withdrew her wrist blade in response to their calmed demeanour, yet, remained standing while the bald man lowered his arms and turned back for another drink. L'ven looked a little startled and gripped onto Dohn as he whispered something into her ear. The rest then relaxed now acting like nothing had happened.

He didn't even care...and I could have killed him.

"I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't know who you are. I'm here for me and if you don't want my money, I'll go elsewhere."

The stomping footsteps of the massive landlord walked into view. The wrinkled long bearded man stood over the group like a giant, trusty war hammer in hand, and glared at everyone with not an inch of fear. He angrily thumped the nearby wooden beam with his giant fist, and everyone's attention was caught by the rattling of the hanging decor and the hum of the beam after impact.

"There a problem here boys? Criz?"

"No. Just a miss-understanding, Glynn." L'ven's brother bowed his head apologetically. "Won't happen again."

Ayithe cautiously remained stood while Glynn, the most giant of men, returned back to his bar having made his point. An awkward silence followed, as only the crackling fire and its light lingering burning smell took back over the room. With that, the calm feeling once again returned.

"Alright, Ayithe. Let's start over."
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 07-31-16 at 11:39 AM.
    Ietus Series
    Part 1: - Tirel
    Part 2: - The Dark Tower
    Part 3: -
    Part 4: -
    Part 5: -

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    "Everyone but L'ven should leave. Get a drink from the bar, or something."

Criz commanded the others, be it through order or respect, but there weren't any arguments or misgivings towards his request. The bald headed threat to her left continued to glare at her as he stood, his piercing slime green eyes fearless and annoyed at her drawn steel. Holding face towards her as he stepped back, he slowly but surely turned to leave with the others towards the bar. The box bearded man made haste to wrap his arm around his shoulder and divert his attention back to the bar.

"Please, sit again." Criz insisted with a reserved smile, gesturing with his free hand to her chair. Amongst the heat of the situation, he did appear to boast some irenic qualities, which was something a leader certainly needed at these times.

Ayithe returned to her seat feeling a little hesitant, but the dispersal of the group eased her concern enough to remain. She looked over her shoulder; other associates of the bar remained ignorant to their little incident. It was now just the three of them and a horde of empty beer glasses. Still cautious to her surroundings she couldn’t help but notice that the bar where they gathered was closer to the exit. This situation wasn't over for her as being on her own was once again proving to be a disadvantage. Yet Criz kept his sister there as if to ease her concerns that he wasn't there to harm her.

Criz calmly placed his hands on the smooth oak table. "You're the second person today asking about going to, Ietus. You understand how rare that is? Why are you chasing a myth?"

Ayithe's heart almost stopped, the knowledge that there was another person asking about Ietus besides her, that was worrying. The possibility it was her assailant crossed her mind, but it didn't really make sense for them to be asking, it was her destination, not theirs. Then who could it be?

"I know it's not a myth," she declared confidently. "I'm not here to play games with you. If you don't know it, I can leave and you never have to speak to me again. I don't care. But if you know it to be true. If you're taking someone there, then I need to get on your boat."

There fell an uncomfortable silence. A moment where all three knew where the conversation was going, and they knew the facts of which they spoke. Only admission remained, to admit the truth to one another and progress forward. Ayithe knew this to be true, and even with all her desperation to reach Ietus, it didn't overtake her logic. She knew this, because if it was a lie, he could have just sent her away. The longer he stalled his answer, the more it felt right to her, and she found her focus fell entirely on his lips, waiting and wanting him to utter those words she desired so much.

"Okay." He sat forward on the table, leaning on his elbows, his fingers interlocked. "I won't mess you about any further. We're heading to, Ietus by the mid-morning. So be it by coincidence or fluke, you've found a ship willing to take you there. Though it's not an easy journey, and I'll have to know some things about you before I take on you on board."

Ayithe squirmed in her seat. She wanted to shout to the high heavens above and celebrate. Finally, she had made progress, after so long, she had reached the next step. Closing her eyes she sighed with a deep relief that overwhelmed her for a few powerful seconds. Yet, she did her best to remain calm and quiet.

"Firstly, do I presume this is just you?"

"Yes." She replied enthusiastically.

"This isn't cheap, I'm going to charge you, say, fifty, maybe a hundred gold for this. I can decide that later."

A HUNDRED! It was a steep price, but one he knew she couldn't turn down.

"Okay. I'll do whatever I need to do." Her blue eyes appeared dull and sad as they graced the table surface with disappointment at the price.

He took a small drink to clear his dry throat, inspecting her every changing mood. "That includes bringing you back, should you wish to. Our stay there isn't long, but should your trip be short, you're welcome on that return journey. Additionally, you can stay with, L'ven. You two are the only women on board and were a relatively small boat, so you'll sleep together. Bear in mind, you'll have hammocks, so don't expect a proper flat bed."

"That sounds fine."

"One final question for you," he downed the last of his drink. "Why are you trying to get to, Ietus?"

Ayithe hesitated. Her reasons had nothing to do with him, but his question begged a question of her own; why was he even heading to Ietus in the first place?

"I have someone waiting for me there, a personal errand." It wasn't a complete lie, but it was vague enough to hide the real truth. She didn't know how much he knew of Ietus, but she had no intention of making her vulnerable information available to him.

Leaving his empty drink on the table, Criz stood up, not even a dreg remaining in the glass. "Pay me in the morning."

Criz smiled a knowing smile, while Ayithe could only imagine what it was about. Then casually, he turned and walked back across to the group.

Does he know I'm lying?

Finally, Ayithe had a ride to Ietus; the feared myth of the Eastern Sea. It had taken weeks to reach this moment, maybe longer, but she hadn't given in, and this now felt like a reward for her hard work. L'ven sat with a smile on her face, but Ayithe by now had accepted that L'ven had not been very honest with her since they had met.

"You lied to me L'ven," Ayithe challenged her as Dohn raced back over to the table. "You knew of Ietus before you brought me here."

"Yeah I did," she giggled the most amused of grins. "But it wasn't for me to offer you anything. Don't take it so harsh, no gloves. How about you join us for drinks?"

"Thanks, but I need to rest." Ayithe removed herself from the table as a couple of the men returned. A few respective nods, while others blanked her entirely. She had got what she wanted, but she wasn't going to overstay her welcome. It was still nerve racking to be surrounded by a group of men while she was alone, something L'ven wasn't so afraid of at all. Already laughing and conversing with the men on her own, she was very comfortable with her surrounding male friends.

Ayithe could tell that smile was genuine, that girl was in her element with them, wrapped up in Dohn's loving embrace as she sat on his knee like a little girl. A fresh drink sat on the table for her, while the mocking banter started with a few references to Ayithe. She had obviously left an impression.

She could still feel the warmth from the fire on her back, her damp clothes had dried somewhat, but needed time. Ayithe turned to the bar, the quality wood appeared almost pristine clean and very well kept, with its corners lined with a brass pole that formed its frame as well as the beer pipes.

"You alright? Need a drink?" The massive Glynn stood behind the bar, his fist not far from the size of her own head. Yet, as he waited patiently for her response, he didn't feel as intimidating as the group behind her. There was something protective about him and his tavern, a proud man, sporting the most impressive moustache and beard. His posture casual as he leant on the bar with a friendly inviting face.

"I'd like a room for the night. Please." She always tried to remember her manners, more so when someone was polite or nice to herself.

The tavern itself wasn't cheap, but for the quality she saw before her; the smooth oak tables, the brass bar and the polished surfaces - it was to be expected. She left the noise of cheery below, heading up the long narrow stairs. Barely a creak from the wooden steps as she reached the landing. The number five was etched into her room key, and she only had to wander a couple of doors down to find the matching door. She paused by the entrance in the dim lonely corridor; the very windows shadowed by stormy skies outside.

The lock clicked open, and she pushed her way inside, locking it quickly in the eerie silence that was the upstairs of the tavern. The dark room wasn't much; a small toilet to her left with a sink, a typical basic wooden dresser with mirror, a table and chair with a small tray of various items, then a decent sized bed with quality quilt and cover.

She sat down on the bed and sighed a smile of relief, the soft cushioned mattress was a wonder to sit on and she hadn't touched something so soft in some time. While a slight smell of damp touched her nose, it didn't feel it in the bed. She kicked off her boots before laying back, resting her head on the single thick cotton pillow. Then the unlit brass lantern then came into view on the dresser, and a feeling of sadness fell over her. A lonely room for a lonely soul.

I miss you. This tiny solo room reminded herself of being on her own, alone without the one she truly cared about.

Ayithe closed her eyes, her attempt to sleep hindered by the breaking tears of sorrow and loneliness. She missed him so much and this was the closest step she had taken to finding him once again. Her heart cried inside of her, the distance she had travelled, the time she had been alone, and the events she had to go through; all to get reach this moment. Currently, she was still alone.

Finally, though, Ietus didn't feel so far away anymore, and when she could reach it, when she could make them safe; she would find him, and they would be happy again. She was sure of it.

"Raslin..."
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 07-31-16 at 03:42 PM.
    Ietus Series

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    "AYITHE!" The familiar deep tone of her sky blue eyed companion called out for her.

She stopped, still stood in the long grass of the vast field, refusing to turn around - the back of her head was good enough for them. So long as they didn't believe her, she didn't even want to look in their direction. Her fist clenched and she stomped her foot as she paused, listening carefully to who was calling for her.

"Please stop, this isn't what I wanted at all." Raslin begged as he caught her up, skipping through the long reeds of grass and small plants.

"So? It's been made pretty clear what they think of me!" She almost snorted with anger, her tone upset and slightly broken.

"I don't think it." He told her, a little sad in his voice as he slowed into a walk.

She didn't like to ignore him, and so while hesitant she turned turned around to see him. Those soft blue eyes watched her every expression, caring and loving her with every look and glance. The entire situation upset her deeply. Why did people have to try come between them? Causing arguments over tiresome trivial things. Things that she didn't even really care about. Things that would be forgotten by next morning at the very latest.

"Well then," she groaned. "You're either believing me, or them, and I don't see why you should believe me when they have been part of your life for so long! Just leave me alone, you know you should." It was such a mixed message to him, created by her own mixed emotions and unclear intentions. She desired him to pick her, but she resented the fact that he had known them for much longer, and she didn't desire to take him away from his friends.

She turned away as she spun on her heal, attempting to continue to walk, her hair flicking up in the air to her quick twist. Then his rushing footsteps skipped onto her as she felt his hand lightly grasp her bicep and pull her close. He blocked her path, ensuring his eyes met her own aqua blue as she tried to look away, they were red sore with emotion but calmed at his view. Then he gave her that beautiful smile that she loved so much.

"I'm not betraying you. I never will. If they can't see your telling the truth, then I'll leave with you." He always spoke with such sincerity, but that was a bold decision to make.

"Don't say something so stupid!" She dismissed his loving suggestion as she shrugged off his grip.

"I'm not being stupid," he argued. "I told you, I'd never give up on you. No matter what the situation, no matter how dire it all seems. If I have to travel the world of oceans or fight the mightiest of kings. I'll always stand by your side."

He wrapped her up in his arms, giving a long caring, loving embrace that brought her out of her tantrum. She loved him, and he always knew what to say or what to do, even if she found it difficult herself. She embraced him back, her head rested on his shoulder, her arms around his waist and up his shoulders to hold him close. At times like these, she could hold him forever.

Ayithes eyes opened slowly, flickering open and shut like a loose blinking light. She was still tired and somewhat weak as she came to. Her muscles aching, groggy and stiff. The room was as cool as a winter morning, the cold air held back by the blanket that snugly wrapped around her during the night. She touched her cheek, tepid at least, while her warm hand met the cold of the room for the first time.

I'll never give up on you... No matter what...

It was difficult, even now she had gained purpose, to make herself get up. Her burdened blue eyes focusing on the bland ceiling, dimly lit by the morning sun as it desperately tried to reach through the cloudy morning skies. She dragged the covers off her, sluggishly stretching and sitting up to allow her feet to touch the wooden floor. She tensed for a moment as the cold struck the sole of her feet, shooting up her legs like pins and needles.

She had slept with the same clothes on, a little from laziness, a little from security, she had no intention of laying naked in the night here. She slid her feet into the boots, tying the straps and sealing them tight. Then, walked slowly over to the sink.

Her hair was thick enough to hide the fact it wasn't fresh, but it looked messy, ruined by the rain yesterday then destroyed overnight in her sleep. It was only now, as she stared into the mirror did she begin to feel somewhat upbeat. She was tired for sure, but she finally had a lead to that mysterious place that seemed just a myth and was now within reach of becoming a reality. The woman that stared back at her in the mirror, somewhat miserable, somewhat messy, was proud and invested. Now filled with a growing vigour and excitement, she wouldn't let time weigh her down.

She combed and washed her long blonde and brown hair back to normality, knocking it freely behind her ears to lay down her neck. She cleansed her face, fresh and tidy; rubbing off the slight shadow to her eye lids, what she displayed was pure natural beauty. Then she re-tied the cheek long plat she liked so much, leaving it hanging over her right side and tying it up with a small knot. Adjusting her belt she attached her disk blades, then her small pouch and water bottle - freshly filled.

Retightening her attire, the Darkling skin felt as striking as ever. Lace tied at the front of her chest, low cut and matching her curves; her stomach remained on view, while it wrapped around her back and linked directly into her hip high pants. If anyone knew what a Darkling is, they knew how rare such material was. It was an unmistakable misty merge of midnight black and ruby red; it was as tough as it made her feel, and her confidence simmered as she wore it.

I'm coming Ras...Today is the first day... The first day I truly feel I'm edging closer to you.
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 08-01-16 at 09:58 AM.
    Ietus Series

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    Once downstairs, the warmth of the still burning fire was a relaxing lift from the cool air of last night's room. She wandered with a bold walk, approaching the bar before she placed her room key on the bar side, ensuring Glynn the barman took notice, and then turned away. The condensation still decorated the windows and the blazing fire still burnt away like a roaring beast; only this time, only two people remained awaiting her at the table. L'ven and Dohn sat indulging themselves at the same table as last night; a full meaty breakfast of sausages, burger meat and eggs amongst other things.

Ayithe relaxed as she approached. It hadn't always been easy to act calm after a surge of emotion in the night, her throat often tightened and her eyes often sore and red - but not this time. She wouldn't give away the delicate part of her, not to anyone. She swallowed her nerves and felt the looseness of her throat, she didn't want to sound croaky or distressed in front of them.

"Was starting to wonder where you were," Dohn called out to her still chewing away. Displaying the hint of a smile before returning to his food. "Glad to see you're still going to come with."

Ayithe wasn't sure how late or early it was, the dim outside was misleading as the stormy weather hadn't yet rescinded. "We never discussed how early. I got up when I was ready."

"Oooh," L'ven smirked and giggled at her bluntness.

A plate landed before her, trembling on the table like a unbalanced bottle before coming to a sudden halt. It was loaded with sausages, bread and beans as if they had pre-planned for her arrival. Ayithe looked up at them suspiciously, once again forgetting L'ven couldn't see her facial expression. Yet, neither paid any attention as they continued to eat without response.

L'ven was often rude and blunt as a brick to the face, but she had brought her here, she had given her the opportunity to find what she was looking for - even if a few hidden truths were kept. Dohn seemed nice, he hadn't yet given a reason for Ayithe to feel like he was untrustworthy, any he seemed to spend most of his time taking care of L'ven. Ayithe had noticed last night, those little touches he gave her to assure her of where he was, those little helpful gestures to ensure she never felt inept around them. It was those things that showed regardless of the initial lie about Ietus, that maybe they were actually nice people.

Ayithe took her time with the food, watching them both quietly; unsure of what to say to break the silence she had created. Their mannerisms and small gestures on full view of her, and Ayithe noticed everything; the little smirk that graced L’vens face, the unnecessary touch he kept giving as if to reassure her his love, and the silent giggles caused by the subtle touching of feet beneath the table. Love was a beautiful thing, no matter where it was in the world, there was always time for it.

Ayithe looked away, the display enough to make her feel miserable about her own predicament, if she continued to watch it only served to remind her of the man she missed. Her eyes wandered back to the condensation hazed window panes. She could barely see outside, but at least she could see the rain had stopped. Part of her wondered if she was being too comfortable, forgetting about her assailant and that he might still be out there searching for her. Everything was moving forward now, and as soon as she could get on this boat, the sooner everything would truly feel safe.

The worry in her chest had calmed considerably since last night, yet, she would always remain vigilant just in case. The tavern was empty but for their table; the light giggling of L'ven and the burning fire the loudest within the calm silence, and Ayithe almost drifted off into her worrisome thoughts - she jumped back as if to awake from a dream.

"You done?" Dohn called across the table as he now stood peering over at her. Ayithe scowled, the half eaten plate before her evidence enough she hadn't.

"Yeah," she took a reluctant final bite, "but I haven't paid for anything yet."

"Do not worry yourself with payment. This one's on me." Dohn returned that same smile of kindness; his ear long brown bangs and calm chestnut eyes proved to be an easy face to feel comfortable with.

She was becoming accustomed to having a light meal, even missing meals entirely, so it didn't matter so much to leave at this moment. Still, she remained a little annoyed at what she considered a lack of manners as they rushed on from the meal to get outside. Ayithe shivered as the cold morning air entered the Stowaway, now feeling a little hesitant to step outside after being in the warmth. She felt her skin tingle with her hairs on end as she braved the salty stormy skies once again.

It was only lightly spitting today, the faint droplets almost unnoticeable, but the clouds remained a dark murky grey that dulled the senses and dampened the very air they breathed. The street however; flooded with people rather than rain, no orderly manner or single file movements formed. Just what appeared to be a chaotic mess of busy sailors and travellers moving to their next destination along the docks. Footsteps and busy gossip filled her ears and the tepid silence of Glynn's Stowaway was left behind.

L'ven grasped Dohn's hand as they led the way through the crowd, quickly passing the directing sign to Glynn's Jetty. Barging her way through people on the street was never really her style, and right now it felt uncomfortable. It was hard to make out who anyone was with everybody rushing through; bumping, barging and dashing around without concern for who they were actually pushing past.

I hate this...

Her eyes darted back and forth, face to face, body to body, hand to hand. Who had a weapon? Who were they? Where they looking at her? There was no time and no space to think, and as the blurred images of everything around her would last for only a moment, it was terrifying in its self. She had to realize that this place was not out to get her, and everyone passing by was getting on with their own lives. She forced herself across the busy street.

Stepping into the next slim alley, the main street bustle was lessened and Ayithe's nerve eased. She looked over her shoulder, the passing people not following nor glancing in her direction. She blew her warm breath on her hands, the chill still a little too much, then hurried to catch up. The alleyway may have been quiet, but the jetty itself echoed noise of a similar fashion to that of the main road.

Arriving at the pier side Ayithe was met with a surge of busy workmen, large crates, bags and stacks of inventory remained piled in and out of the warehouses and their ships. Small and large cranes operated slowly but powerfully to shift the largest of the cargo, and people rushed in and out of every orifice of the piers. Glynn's jetty may have had its own small path between buildings, but it remained in line with every other pier along the shore.

"The Church of the Ethereal Sway, is in fact, your route to salvation! Let not your foreign ears persuade you otherwise. For you have come here not just for trade, but for the truth!"

The loud bellowing voice of the enthusiastic dark robed figure did more than just lurk by the seaside. His bold presence stood firmly visible at the top of some old work crates. Sheltered somewhat by netting hanging overhead and stationed just off the main walkway itself, he called out to all those that would listen. His pearl white body length robe, tall white hat and staff to match, were all clean and pristine - even in this weather. Passersby missed him simply by ignorance and not for his lack of trying as he called out louder, waving his arms emphatically and swinging his staff in the air to promote himself.

Yet, as loud and prominent as he was, it was the second man that caught Ayithes attention. Standing just behind him and almost hidden from view, but looking as hawk eyed as the priest before him, he focused silently on the crowd and passersby while they all concentrated on the white priest before him. His wrinkled skin and furrowed brow remained somewhat shadowed under his hood, but Ayithe had managed to avoid eye contact. Ayithe always had a knack of noticing the less obvious, but something about that man made her feel uncomfortable. The magic exterminating Ethereal Sway were well known to all travellers, and Ayithe didn't trust such men.

Ayithe clutched her fire necklace and continued watching the silent priests discreet presence. There was something eerie about him; his tall stature, his arms spread eagle, and brandishing a long black staff that matched his black robed attire, all, while his face remained firmly shadowed by the deep cave like hood. Yet both men, regardless of their prominence held the same mark; the all seeing eye of the Ethereal Sway that decorated not only their robes, but foreheads to match.

This wasn't new to Ayithe, she had seen the white priests before, but never a black one. What it meant and what he may be was unclear, but he was no monk and he was no servant or slave.

"Ayithe!" Dohn called, waiting a short distance ahead through the crowds of cargo. "Ayithe!"

She stepped around the few supporters that kneeled before them, and marched on without making causing a scene. Catching up with Dohn and L'ven was her priority, and these pointless distractions should not have been getting in the way. She knew what magic her necklace held, and the knowledge of what danger these people posed to anyone who used magic concerned her.

She was no Witch and she was no general magic user, but she couldn't deny what power it held while resting on her neck. The small purple stone was easy to miss or overlook, but it was more valuable than any standard gem stone. The light steel clipped necklace was pretty and she only had it given to her as a present, so if she admitted what she truly felt, it was more sentimental to her than anything else.

"Don't stand around the Ethereal Sway," L'ven muttered to her. "Those bastards are more trouble than their worth."
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 08-01-16 at 12:13 PM.
    Ietus Series

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    Then there it was before them, the boat that was to take them to Ietus. It was a good looking boat, clean and polished with black painted rims and banisters that framed the hull. Yet the term ship did not feel suitable as while it was visibly a sturdy strong boat, its size was not quite what Ayithe imagined. It was broad in width but only hoisted one main mast, strung up with many lines and ropes that linked to the foresail and jib, which in turn linked onto a prominent bowsprit. The golden brown wood gleamed with the few rays of sunlight that reached through the murky clouded skies above. Here, along the outer hull were decorations of sea beasts, small but defined with a black paint. Only the bowsprit on the front held an actual carving that appeared like a dragon of the seas.

For a boat…it’s rather pretty.

Ayithe stood by the boarding plank, Dohn and L'ven to her side, she pressed her boot into the plank to feel its sturdiness; she never trusted these things. Staring up at the tall mast as it reached into the cloudy sky like a tower for a mighty fortress, it felt intimidating as she hadn’t been adrift the land in some time. Why the bad weather seemed to hang over her lately also plagued her mind; was it a bad omen? She had tried not to think about it, especially now she was progressing forward and this band of merchants come mercenaries were her ticket through and past this storm and onto the clearer world ahead.

Heavy stamping footsteps rattled the boarding plank before her, shifting ever so slightly as the boastful box bearded man she had seen last night approached her. He stared for a brief moment, then with a raised eyebrow and laughed. "You're not just wearing that are you?"

She wanted to ignore him, knowing full well her answer was going to be mocked but she had no other answer than the expected. "Yes. I don't have anything else."

His stomach rumbled with a deep laugh that did not amuse her in the slightest. That same mocking laugh he appeared so well at doing, and he continued to exaggerate by holding his stomach as he leaned back to laugh ever louder. He was dressed more suitably than herself, she realised that; his black raincoat, hat and brown pants looked considerably thicker than that of her attire, but she was no sailor.

Then without another word, he just walked off, still chuckling to himself.

What? You just wanted to laugh at me?

"Ayithe, can you take me on the boat!" L'ven called over, her hand reaching out.

"Sure," she agreed leading her hand onto the single chain rail of the boarding plank.

L'ven held on tightly, a little nervy until she could feel the rail. Walking by the waterside obviously wasn't so easy for her; her senses somewhat over taken by the strong smell of the sea, her balance knocked by the wind that blasted in with no resistance from the open water and then the loud crashing of the breaking waves beneath their feet.

"Your hands make mine seem so warm," L'ven made her way slowly and carefully up the plank. "Do you have no intension of getting any gloves?"

"I suppose I should buy something before we leave." Ayithe pressed her cold fingers against her cheek, the temperature difference prised her away immediately. "I'm not used to being out in the cold this way and...Yeah, I've never really needed them."

"Well it gets cold out here; you'll need some sort of jacket at least."

"Alright," Ayithe acknowledged as she followed her up the plank, not entirely sure how confident L'ven was about walking it. Yet as she reached the peak and could feel the wooden rail of her boat, she blossomed back into the confident girl she first met.

"Catch you later no gloves."

Ayithe watched her for a moment, listening to the whispers uttered under L’vens breath. “one, two, three…”

Why is she counting? Her footsteps?

Given little time to dwell on the thought her name was called again. This time from across the boat, the quarterdeck empty but for the man who called her - Criz. He waved her over rather hastily, but her walk over was anything but as she got used to where she was. The solid deck beneath her feet didn't even creak as she walked and then proceeded up the steps to arrive at the quarterdeck.

"Catch!" He shouted as he chucked a deep blue, almost black jacket at her. Somewhat like what she had thrown away yesterday, she just about caught it with a surprised stumble. It felt so smooth upon first touch, the scale like material was tough and the cold bounced off it like water from glass. "You can't go around wearing what you are. Not without catching some sort of illness. So wear that! There are some other spares of clothes in the hold below deck. If you so wish, you can use them. Now follow me, I'll show you to the ship."

Showing her around the boat made everything feel that much bigger, the very walls of the boat thick like a castle. It had been so long since she had stepped foot on a boat and it all felt very foreign to her. What was worse was the fact she was doing it alone, somewhat trapped on what she considered a floating prison, which could very well end up being her grave. Criz showed her own room, it was shared with L'ven and was hidden away at the rear of the boat, a silent staircase behind the Captains quarters until they ended up beneath it.

The small room, enough for a few to squeeze in should they need it, was purposely separated to give them privacy. Maybe she would spend all her time here, that or standing on the stairwell that perceived itself more as a L shaped balcony for the rear of the boat. Criz himself didn't feel threatening and he made it clear where everything was aboard. The large main deck was fairly clear but for the masts and hatch. The second deck was the main crew quarters of sleeping hammocks that mixed into a small gun deck with a couple of heavy iron cannons. Then below that; the cargo hold, the small kitchen, and even a small cell that appeared disused, but its presence was enough.

She hadn't thought about how long her journey would take and how she going to deal with her new acquaintances, but this was it, this was her mode of travel to a place she had to get to. Her greeting with the main group yesterday had definitely made an impression, already she began receiving the occasional stare as they prepared the ship, a mix of both angry and even lustful glances. The bald headed thug who had grabbed her last night hadn't forgotten their encounter; staring at her with the same angry brown eyes that appeared filled with hate and embarrassment. He clearly hadn't forgiven the fact she had got one over on him.

Something feels different about him.

She didn't trust him, not one bit, and she kept him in the corner of her eye whenever they passed. Keeping in mind he was the first and only one to lay a hand on her.

Now though, she was just biding her time, awaiting for the them to cast off, and slowly but surely the cargo moving came to an end and the crew made their way on board. Ayithe stood abreast to L'ven, casually leaning against the black glossed banister at the side of quarterdeck. Now wearing the deep blue long sleeved raincoat that Criz had thrown at her earlier it wasn't quite as cold. The box bearded man stood at the base of the small stairs to the deck securing a rope to its cleat, he took a long smile in her direction, her new jacket hadn't gone unnoticed, and he gave a quick thumbs up.

There was still something mocking about his gestures, but it was better than being glared at and hated.

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?" L'ven asked confused.

"Live with all these men, alone, trusting that they'll have your back. That they won't hurt you."

"Getting nervous now are we?" She giggled teasingly as she adjusted her own jacket of similar colour. "Seriously. I don't trust everyone, but I trust Criz, and he wouldn't let them hurt me. If anything should be on your mind, it should be why our main guest paid for you."

"What!?" She turned to face, her face grimace with a confusion.

"Yeah! You not wondered why he hasn't asked you for the money? I heard he wears a suit and top hat. Rich as shit, happy to pay for a pretty lady."

"I don't understand. I don't know anyone else here..." She looked across the ship, nothing but a few ropes and the mast blocking her view. Yet only the working crew were within view, no man in a suit existed. "Are you sure he wears a suit? I've not seen anyone like that since we got here."

"Well, you know, I've not exactly seen him."

Shit, that was rude of me. "Sorry..."

"It's okay. I've heard the others talk about him, he definitely wears a suit. Maybe, he's real handsome, and he thinks you'll fuck him."

Ayithe felt a little sick at the thought, why men had to be so forthcoming about their desires was beyond her. This man, whoever he was wasn't going to get anything from her, if indeed that was what he wanted. "Stop it! You're giving me horrid thoughts."

L'ven seemed to be enjoying this conversation, laughing aloud while Ayithe felt the essence of a sick churning at the back of her throat. "Well, he sounded the older type. I figure you'll see him sooner or later, boats not that big after all."
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 04-17-16 at 06:59 AM.
    Ietus Series

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    This whole journey was the most daunting thing she had attempted in her life. It was difficult for her to accept the confusion of mixed emotions that shook her from the inside. The desire to journey towards Ietus and save her own soul from the mercy of, not only her pursuer, but from the deflating loneliness she felt inside. She missed Raslin more than she could put into words, and she wanted to appreciate what this boat and the people who were on it were doing for her. However, until she set foot on Ietus, and until she removed the target off her back, she couldn’t thank anything or anyone.

Watching them cast off from the quarterdeck was somewhat frightening, knowing she was gone from the safety of the land beneath her feet and now left with the unknown abyss that was the sea. Yet, now aboard this vessel she no longer had to worry about being chased, she was free from being pursued, free from the killer, free from her fears. Now she had a new enemy and it surrounded her like an endless void. The daunting unknown surrounded her, that deep soulless endless sea and the uncertainty that each and every man on this boat gave her. If this was what she had to endure, she would suffer it, she would battle it, she would beat it.

She could already feel the sea move them, the awkward uneasy feeling that came with the knowledge that everything now moved with the ocean. The boat had so far forced its way through the smaller prevailing waves that tried to knock it back to shore. The sails had risen as the eastward wind blew over them, and now their journey had officially begun.

While cold, the sea air was fresh and beautiful, and it picked up her long blonde and brown hair. Ayithe stood staring out to sea like a princess up top a castle spire, though with a little less grace as she persisted to push it back behind her ears. She needed something to tie it back with and hold it still, but L'ven with her short hair didn’t care for such things, her small black bangs waving in the wind rather neatly.

To their left another crew member forcefully controlled the ships wheel, the steering somewhat difficult as he focused solely on directing them out into the big blue. Holding onto the thick bannisters of the spoked steering wheel and ensuring he directed into the on coming waves.

What do I do now? What will I do until I reach Ietus?

Even with all her concerns, it was evident she had no real role in this place. Other than being a guest and waiting for their destination port, she had absolutely nothing to do. L'ven wandered off, still counting, as Ayithe drifted in thought, contemplating not only how she would use her free time, but on what she would do when she met this man who had paid for her trip.

I wonder who this man is? It felt like the only thing to do, to find this other passenger was and find out why he had paid for her trip. Yet there was something more than just odd about it, it was kind of scary, to have someone feel they could just pay for her. What type of person would do that?

She wandered down to the main deck, the circling sea gulls overhead squawking as loud as a pair of squabbling screaming girls. The crew had finalised all their preparation, and the boat felt silent, and the lapping of the sail overhead sounded louder than she had imagined it would be. Criz had disappeared too, most likely below deck, which surprised Ayithe as she considered how little they cared for where she was or what she was doing. Was it negligence on their behalf, or supreme confidence that their passengers could do nothing to effect the ship on their own?

Ayithe broke from the thought of searching the boat, the big blue hue of the ocean catching her eye and drawing her over. She leaned back against the banister; the splashing waves underneath and the circling gulls above, there was nothing else for as far as the eye could see. This was the next part of her journey, and as she looked over the vast expanse of water, it felt like it just might be the longest part yet.

Tirel was soon left behind, nothing but a distant silhouette that lined the horizon behind them, marked by stormy skies. Ayithe had nothing, but at least the sun touched the boat, at least that was something.
    Last edited by Gnarl & Root; 05-28-16 at 09:16 AM.
    Ietus Series

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    It's a strange feeling to have, when you are surrounded by people, and yet you feel completely alone. Ayithe knew it all too well and it was too common a depression to be healthy. She knew she had to fight through that feeling; if she could find Raslin at the end of all this, it was worth every tear and worry that pained her.

Now aboard the boat Ayithe could go anywhere she pleased without a worry; the main deck, the quarter deck, captain’s quarters, crew deck and even the crow's nest should she wish it. Yet the only place she wished to enter, she was barred from by a lock and key. The locked room at the end of the crew deck held her mystery man, who remained sat behind that door somewhere. Furthermore, he had requested to be left alone.

Ayithe's mind pondered the reasons why such a choice had been made. Why he never showed his face and why Criz seemed so eager to ensure she couldn't peek her head through that bolted door. Being below deck felt uncomfortable, the lustful eyes of the wandering crew lay upon the only woman aboard the ship they could stare at. L'ven often got some glances when alone, but being Criz's sister and Dohn’s partner she was safe and secure. Ayithe, however, wasn't so sure she would be given the same courtesy and thus remained away from the lower deck.

In the end, it hadn't taken Ayithe long to resign herself to her own quarters at the rear of the ship. The men rarely came in this direction and apart from L'ven coming and going she had been left alone. Sometimes she even lay still in silence to convince the blind L'ven that she wasn't in the room when she spoke.

After a few days' sea travel, she had managed to move as far as the balcony outside their room, the wooden banister the only thing separating her from the roaring sea waves beneath. It wasn't safe here during bad weather, but while the sky remained clear, Ayithe enjoyed the salty breeze and solitude that came with it. She watched the ship's white foam-bubbled trail quickly disperse in its wake, the mighty ocean waves leaving no trace of the adventuring ship. It reminded her of her own journey, the long distance she had travelled for miles and miles across unfamiliar lands and mountains, doing her very best to hide any evidence she had been there. Her own tracks had long since disappeared into the blur of humanity's lives and lost souls.

"AYITHE!" The familiar deep tone of her sky blue eyed companion called out for her.

She looked back at him with her arms crossed and hair pushed back behind her ears, a little jaded to the situation. "What?"

"This is serious..." He urged her to listen to Zeon a second time.

Here they all sat and stood around the damp but still burning fire of their temporary campsite. The damp dripping leaves of the dim dark forest layered the wood with a series of glorious greens that kept them hidden from what would otherwise be a relatively open space. The small clearing was enough for a camp and shelter from the elements, yet it was dampened not only by the wet of the rain, but the fragile spirits of the group that dwelled within it.

It wasn't that Ayithe didn't want to believe in the situation, Zeon had done many stupid things in the past, but this time it involved them all - even if it was all his fault. The group remained silent for a moment, their emotions hidden beneath the crackling flames of the roaring campfire. A few warm yellows flickered in highlights against the shadowed Raslin as his fingers tapped his thigh in frustration. His posture remained upright and stiff, he wasn't happy with the situation anymore than Ayithe, but feelings aside they were stuck within these circumstances.

The four of them stood waiting, universally staring at the same individual. Each nervous, angry and confused by the situation at hand, but only Zeon knew what was going to happen next. His usually bright sky blue jacket was rough and dirt stained into the depressing blue that he sported before the others, and his body trembled with a worry created from a mix of fear of death and the disappointment he expected from his four friends. He removed his sweat band off his head, now a dimed dirty blue as he squeezed it tight within his grip - releasing the thick layer of sweat that dripped down his trembling fist.

Zeon stared intensely at the flickering flames from his seated position. "He was called a Contractor. He wore a suit and a stupid black hat. I never really believed in this shit, you know? Not until everything he said started to come true."

"Keep going." The stern voice of the raven haired Canen Darkflight commanded. His emerald green eyes staring with an angry focus that lulled Zeon into complete honesty. He leaned against the nearest tree, his arms folded like a disgruntled parent, with Kai to his left and Raslin and Ayithe to his right.

"I guess... I guess we got a little cock sure. Me and Eric I mean. Cause when some smart ass guy asks you sign over your life in service to Ietus... Whatever that is... for any ability you could imagine... anything... I mean, we were drunk but I'd never have believed it sober."

"I'm actually afraid to believe you're this stupid." The groaning tone of Canen complained with a great disappointment. "There are many forms of magic and power within the world. The fact you choose to ignore the possibility that what he said was true only serves to explain your own stupidity."

"But the ability to draw anything from your bag that you wish for? The ability to have extreme luck in the most plain and adverse circumstances? Yeah... Like I'm ever going to believe in magic like that. Since the guy claimed he awarded me that power, I've won every fight I have engaged, I've hit every roll of the dice I wanted and nothing, absolutely nothing has gone wrong for me."

"This hardly seems lucky to me!" Kai chimed in with a small jibe at his brother, unable to hide his sarcastic amusement with a slick smirk.

"Up yours Kai." Zeon called back with a depressive irritation. His head now falling between his knees.

Raslin's eyes eerily peered over to meet Canen's who continued with his variety of unimpressed expressions towards Zeon. "So Eric's dead and you barely made it out alive... "

"Yes." Zeon nodded exasperated.

"Eric was fairly new to all of us, except for yourself." Raslin gestured with a nod. "I'd be lying if I hadn't heard of this stuff before - though, I've never really believed in it myself. You are granted anything you desire providing you sign over yourself to servitude of death himself, which only occurs if you break any of the rules. What were the rules?"

"There's only one that matters now. That is that I signed everyones name on it for compensation, because our... 'desires' were too much for any one man to request."

Raslin's fist clenched as he forced himself to look up at the trees above for a moment, doing his best to not lash out at his betrayal. "You fucking idiot!"

"Really?" Ayithe rolled her eyes with a huff. "We're believing this?"

"Even if we don't," Kai chimed in a few rare words of wisdom. "Eric's still dead and our names are on a piece of paper that means someone is coming after us. I reckon we take them on."

Ayithe's tired eyes jolted open to the soft rocking of the boat on the sea waves. Resting rather uncomfortably on teh hard wood of the balcony she gripped the spindle and pulled herself upright. Only the deep blue hue of the sea and the wake of the boat returned to focus before her as she rubbed her eyes to wake up. The sky appeared still bright but the orange glow of the shining sun slowly dipped in the horizon, the day was near a close but the open space of the sea granted plenty light to keep the day brighter than that of those on land.
    Last edited by Ayithe Solete; 08-20-16 at 05:58 PM.
    Ietus Series

GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    Another dream... Another memory... Why must they plague me...

She quickly regretted hanging her legs over the banister, the prolonged position having now made her legs feel like rubber. It took her a few moments to regain her balance and return some warmth to her muscles - She rubbed up and down her calves furiously to release the aching of her muscles as they gradually relaxed back to normal. Still, her arms and skin felt cold and full of goose bumps as they embraced the cold sea air so it felt abundantly clear that she needed to get out of the blustering wind.

As quickly as she opened the door she shut it behind her, locking out the wind as she hoped for more warmth inside the ship. There were no fires or burning stoves here but the air was still and calm, avoiding the coldest part of the sea and its icy blast that blew freely across the open water.

"Good afternoon," a familiar male voice greeted her, though it took her a moment to place it.

Ayithe spun around to the appearance of the box-bearded man who leaned against the wooden wall on the opposite side of the room. Dressed lightly in loose clothing, waiting, staring at her with purpose as she returned to her room.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" Her voice trembled beneath her defensive exterior. Ayithe glared at him, her surprise overwhelmed with anger. His intrusion into her room was the first she had witnessed. It had only been her and L'ven thus far and rather than knock and requesting entry he had awaited in silence from within.

"Calm down," he gestured his hands defensively as if to suggest he had done nothing wrong. "My name's Farrel. I guess I should have introduced myself earlier, but busy times on the ship. As you can imagine."

Ayithe tried to calm herself, but she hadn't been alone in a room with another man in a long time and the only man she wished to be alone with wasn't here. Even as he tried to play it down, the facts were all around them, he was a male intruding in her advised private room and from here little to no one could hear them. Had she ran, she had nowhere to go.

He watched her eyes dart around him, and calmly displayed he was unarmed with a simple slow rotation. "See... no tricks up my sleeve. I'm not here to hurt you."

"Then how about you tell me..." She leaned near the door, a option to run outside still a possibility. "Why you feel the need to be waiting inside quarters that were designated as my own 'private' quarters?"

"Private? Aboard a boat this size, that's pretty rare these days love." He smirked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Mock all you like... Yet the fucking fact remains the same. This room... is private."

"Look. I'm not here to intimidate you," Farrel stepped forward casually, crossing his arms and then lifting his top up and over his head. "I've seen you notice me." He revealed he was a well toned man, his active days kept him physically fit with a somewhat hairy muscular chest that matched his bulky box beard. Ayithe froze in a shocked silence - Had she done something to suggest to this man she was interested?

"What... what are you doing?" The words uttered from her mouth were from shock rather than naivety to the situation. She stepped back into the wall, her hands behind her back.

"I find you an attractive woman." He began to wander in her direction, smiling seductively as his bold hazel eyes connected with hers and followed as she tried to look away. "Your figure is incredible, your breasts curve with beauty and size."

Please stop...She only needed utter the words, but they hadn't yet left her mouth. She had to consider what this meant. How much danger was she really in? Or was he just a lustful fool who simply wanted to try his luck? She gripped her brace behind her back, it only needed a small flick and her weapon would be drawn to her defence.

"I think you are beautiful and would very much like to court you tonight." There was something polite about his manner: that smile that suggested he was kind, and the compliments that meant just that, to flatter her into submission. She appreciated that, but she wasn't interested.

"What do you say, love?" He stood before her, leaning over as he placed his hand over her shoulder and leaning his weight into the wall.

"Please stop and leave." She asked him as politely and bluntly as she could, this didn't need to progress beyond a innocent mistake.

He heard her loud and clear but his eyes begged her to give in, his confidence brimming with a belief he could seduce such a beauty. "Let me impress you further."

His hands drifted south and she peered down to see him untying his pants, the laces un-looping and untwisting as he felt the urge to reveal himself before her.

"Oh dear God please stop!"

"No." His lips muttered as he leaned in for a kiss. "No God would stop such a beautiful act."

"STOP!" She demanded as she pushed him away forcefully, using both palms of her hands to slam into his chest as he stumbled a couple of steps backwards.

"What?!" He grimaced with disappointment.

"I told you to stop!" She felt a relief in herself as she didn't attempt to use her weapons. A fool he may have been, but a rapist he was not - he didn't deserve to die.

"I thought you were teasing me?" He argued, staring back rather upset as his manhood remained barely covered by his loose pants.

"And cover yourself up," she diverted her eyes as his pubic hair presented itself in a rather revolting sweaty manner.

He hastily re-tied his pants and picked up his shirt as he got dressed, and Ayithe struggled to look in his direction during the most uncomfortable of moments.

"Well, if you ever change your mind. You know I'm up for it, I'd love to see those bre..."

"Shut the fuck up!" She interrupted as sternly and quickly as possible. "I get you don't mean me any harm, but I'm not fucking interested! Now please leave!"

He shrugged dejectedly, a clear air of disappointment over him, but he left without another word. A short blast of cold wind entered into the room as he left with a silent thud, allowing the dim room to fall quiet once more. Ayithe giving a deep sigh of relief moved the latch shut on the door and then shifted over into her hammock, laying so she could see the door if she needed to. Farrel was mostly harmless, just a lustful man who was confident enough to try and get what he wanted. Hopefully he would be the last one to try something like that.

The unnerving feeling that she had to cover her chest even more grew within her mind, her arms instinctively crossing over her front to cover herself. She was well endowed in this respect, so she'd met that compliment many times in the past, but this place, this situation, it made her feel more uncomfortable than ever.

"Should have fucked him." L'vens voice called out from across the room.

"Fuck!" Ayithe almost leapt out of her skin to L'vens announcement. "Are you fucking kidding me? You've been in your hammock the fucking whole time?"

"Whoa, calm yourself, no gloves! This is my room too!" She smiled devilishly with amusement.

"Why did you not fucking say anything?" Ayithe's foul mouth continued to blurt angry questions as she struggled to sit up in the hammock.

"Well, you might have said yes and I didn't really want to ruin the moment. Plus, I've felt that chest before, he's a gooden!"

"Not for me."

"What's your excuse anyway?" L'ven's questioning had only just begun. "Why not fuck him?"

"The fact I'm not a whore?" Ayithe snarled frustratingly at her attitude, L'ven was always a peice of work to talk to.

"Oh shit!" Her higher pitched voice returned. "I heard it in your voice!"

"Heard what?" She slipped her feet over the hammock edge as she raised a curious question.

"You're in love! Who is he? Is he waiting in Ietus? Oh shit! He is, isn't he?"

"Wha..." Ayithe stuttered, unsure of what to say or respond. She had her personal secrets, that information wasn't for sale.

"No? Then where is he?" L'ven sat up too, listening to Ayithe's response, be it verbally or otherwise - Ayithe's breathing could give plenty away.

"Stop prying! You don't know me, and I'm not telling you."

"Guh, I get that you don't want to, but you can't sit here and be alone this entire time. You've been quiet enough and I need some girl chat."

Ayithe slipped back into her hammock without a word. The thought of L'ven's girl chat was nothing more than an irritation.

"Come on, Ayithe. If there's something we girls like to share, it's our love life! Come on, I'm not asking about his cock, I want to know who has you so loved up, so tight, that you won't embrace another man? Dohn's my love, who's yours?"
    Last edited by Gnarl & Root; 01-06-17 at 01:35 PM.
    Ietus Series

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast