Name
    ----
    Race
    whatever the situation requires
    Hair Color
    ---
    Eye Color
    ---

Warning: the following might be really old news to a lot of people.

First off, I’m totally utterly blind, and while this isn’t the most important thing about me, if you are wondering why this dood sometimes says “listen,” “heard,” and the like in chat, this is why. I joined Althanas in mid fall after discovering it while looking for something else on tropes dot Com.

Yes, Althanas is mentioned there, but since there aren’t a lot of sites like this running around I don’t know how much of a trope this place is.

Anyway, I spent most of last year battling code, trust me you don’t want to try and use this site without a proper Graphical User Interface, getting acclimated to the setting, and surviving atypical life events (i.e. car accident, cancer diagnoses, gunshot).

Given all that, I have enjoyed my relatively short stay, thus far, on Althanas, and will probably be here in some form or another for the next decade or so. If you have any questions about me, blindness, or anything else that you think some guy often referred to as Jon might have answers to, just ask.
    INEED to see your vision, and the layers you apply sometimes make that difficult" (By Storm).
    Lore Q&A
    Screen-reader user, welcome, PM me with questions on how the site works with your software

Our Enemies Rest
    EXP: 12,030, Level: 4
    Level completed: 61%, EXP required for next level: 1,970
    Level completed: 61%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,970
    GP

Name
    Azaranth "Anubis" Ubissad
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6'0" / 180 lbs
    Job
    Itinerant

View Profile
    Howdy.

I'm a 15-year-old higg schooler, (which I think is Sophomore year in the U.S. or something) currently stuck in the desert-like outskirts of Cairo, Egypt. You can call me Fez for now. I think I'm the youngest member here, so there's that.

I joined sometime in the middle of 2014, spent a few months, went away and returned by the summer of 2015. I've been enjoying my time here, more or less, and plan to stay for a while. Obviously I enjoy role-playing and writing in general, and a little bit doodling here and there.

If you're gonna ask what an Egyptian high schooler is doing, role-playing online with people twice-ish his age, I don't know, to be honest. I guess I just like the languag. Enjoy reading and writing it.

Oh, and I, uh... used to have a dog, who was unfortunately dognapped at some point last year. None of the family wants to get another pet, even. Yay, family.

If you want to know more, I'm open for PMs. Youll find me online most of the time.Salam!
    Last edited by Fez_The_Kid; 01-16-16 at 03:06 AM.
    "I’m not a sophisticated person - I don’t think much. Hunters don’t think. They act, and they do it without any hesitation whatsoever. It’s a predominant principle among all trackers of the beasts. We do most of the dirty work. Thinking? Leave it to the philosophers."

-Anubis

EXP: 12,060, Level: 4
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next level: 1,940
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,940
    GP

Name
    Firelis Tvy’ern (Fii; Sceadwe)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Copper
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    1.78m/68kg
    Job
    Pickpocket, Hand-for-hire

View Profile
    Hi y'all.

I'm Cassie (or Vivi, per Jack). I also answer to any combination to Ven, Vendredi, or Vendy. :') I've been lurking around the site far long before I joined.

I'm 25 years old, female, and a Canadian living in the States (Philly). Half my family is in Asia, so I'm... all over the place. I've got a job as a consultant at an audit firm, and the September to March season is usually a fairly busy time. My availability is in constant flux, but I try to come on in the evenings and during weekends. Because I'm never really certain about my schedule, I rarely reach out to people about threads -- I know I might drag the pace down. This means I tend to do a lot of solos. However, if you're open to a slower writing partner, feel free to poke me anytime about plots.

I've been writing/rp-ing on various sites for at least a decade. As a writer, I lean towards the planning camp (as Tobi and Sulla may be able to attest). I like laying out a background and a rough structure to get the shape and key plot points of a story down. However, none of these plans are set in stone, and I'm very open to shifting things during a story. I like surprises, especially when they work.

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    Hey hey!

I'm Shelby, but I also answer to Ray, which is probably a cooler name anyway. I'm a twenty three year-old middle school social studies teacher from northern Michigan. I enjoy skiing, and shooting guns, sometimes at the same time - I am current training for a biathlon. My other hobbies include reading, singing, video games, running, traveling, and watching X-Files.

When it comes to writing, I generally prefer to work with other people. I write for fun, and so much of that enjoyment comes from interacting, brainstorming, and ultimately creating something beautiful with someone else. I don't care for combat, but I'll tackle any sort of quest that you throw at me. My favorite genres include horror, mystery, and science fiction, the latter explaining why my main character is a steampunk mechanic. I don't take myself very seriously, but if that's what you look for in a partner, I'm your girl! I have a whole slew of characters on Althanas, including a headstrong knight, a crazed magician, and most recently, a dead frat boy.

I've only been on Althanas for about a year, but I have already come to call this place home, and the community, my family. I really do love it here. Currently, I am a Supermod, meaning I can tackle all odds and ends problems. However, I got my start as a judge, so I am always happy to help in that department. If you ever have any questions, or you want something looked over, you should never hesitate to ask. Blame the teacher in me, but I get a kick out of helping other people. Whether it is correcting spelling errors or hiding a body, just hit me up!

Hobey-ho!
    Last edited by Rayleigh; 01-16-16 at 03:37 PM.
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

EXP: 400, Level: 1
    Level completed: 20%, EXP required for next level: 1,600
    Level completed: 20%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,600
    GP

Name
    Ser Casimir Taryndor
    Race
    Half-Orc
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    6'/200
    Job
    Knight

View Profile

Salutations

Hello, my name is Dan. I am 28 years old, recently engaged, and i live in Holyoke, Massachusetts. I only just joined Althanas because of my long time association with one Tobias Stalt. I grew up in baltimore, moved to new jersey, then up here, then to Richland, Washington, then back here. I have been into RPGs for many years, starting with video games, which moved into text rp, then tabletop games, then larping, so I like to think i'm a veteran of the Roleplay lifestyle. I only have one character so far, a Half-Orc knight-errant who'll be moving toward becoming a mixture of a Grail Knight from Warhammer and an Oath of Ancients Paladin from DnD 5e. At the moment I am unemployed because i was laid off, so i have lots of free time but that could always change.

Glad to be here

GP

Name
    Katya Kuchov
    Race
    Human.
    Hair Color
    Ash Brown.
    Eye Color
    Large, bright seafoam green.
    Build
    5'3" / 110lbs.
    Job
    Former barmaid, currently a wanderer.

Oh, heyyyyyy.

My name is Sue. I'm 25 and I recently joined Althanas after cyberstalking BlackAndBlueEyes and Christoph's profiles (It's totally not creepy; I know them in real life). I'm currently a music education student that recently moved back to Cleveland. My primary instrument is the flute, and I will be performing with the Cleveland Philharmonic for their 2016-2017 season. Outside of school, I also work as a bartender for an upscale restaurant in the theatre district of Cleveland. I've been out of the academic and writing game since 2009, so I am very self conscious of anything I write and am very hesitant to begin writing, here. I am hoping this will be a good place to get some creative juices flowing, get some constructive criticism, and to be a nice distraction from coursework.

I also have a cat and he is my world. If you don't like him, GTFO.
    Just sayin'.
    "I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human." - David Bowie.

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Hi! I'm Manda! I've been around Althanas mostly on, sometimes off since 2002. I'm part of the background, like the piece of wallpaper that doesn't line up just right.

I have a lot of alts. I like to draw, quilt, and play video games. I don't feel like I'm 31. I have a fantastic kid, two cute pet spiders, a grumpy axolotl, and an awful cat.

I have a bachelor's degree in environmental science that I haven't been able to get a job with and a collection of autoimmune illnesses that sometimes makes me do the math on my own existence. Also a grim sense of humor.

I post very slowly (we're talking a month+ sometimes) but I'm always up for an adventure.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    EXP: 9,299, Level: 4
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 4,701
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,701
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    Hi! I'm Matt! I've been an off-and-on member/writer/judge/RoG-mod for Althanas since 2007.

I live in Richmond, Virginia, and I work the 3p-11p shift as a nurse in long-term care and rehab. I have ADHD, which seems in the past few years to have gotten more and more in the way of my ability to participate on here the way I'd like. Looking forward to getting my meds right and seeing an actual psychiatrist for it, so I can be more productive!

I have an adorable toddler, who challenges me to sword fights on the regular. I draw a lot of inspiration from the Dresden Files, Discworld, Ghibli films, and DnD. This will come as little to no surprise to anyone who's known me on here, but I'm preparing to convert to Reform Judaism as soon as I can work up the nerve to talk to the rabbi.

I'm usually up pretty late, until 2-4 AM EST. PM is probably the best way to reach me, but if you've got my Skype then that'll work, too.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Recently Finished Threads
    Through Forge and Flame (Solo, 77)
    The Rubric: Remeberin Garthabel (1)
    The Memory Man (Closed to Ataraxis, Twylith, and Chucklecut, 68)
    The Fated Embrace (Closed to Vortimo, NSFW, 51)

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    My name is Chris. I've been on Althanas in various incarnations on and off now since it started back in 2001/2002, and have been roleplaying since 2000. Whilst Shinsou is my most popular version of "me", most people remember me as both Canen and Falcon. Recently I have completed my tier three judge training and, although on a short break, hope to reapply for staff again soon.

I hail from Manchester, UK, where I work as an accountant and am currently studying the ACCA to allow myself to become a chartered accountant. I recently got married back in September and am expecting a little girl in June 2016.

I'm always around on Skype and can usually be seen causing havoc in the public chat.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12