Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

The scholar clasped the lancer on the shoulder. “Come Creno, the task at hand can wait for now. I will show you to your quarters! Sleep will do you some good; I will carry on with the task at hand.” He guided the man out the door he had arrived through into the open Beinost air. The sun was beginning to set, and gray clouds threatened to bring an evening shower with the setting sun. The breeze carried the scent of salt and ocean as the two walked through the empty streets. The warehouse had been the closest to the shore, and the farther they got from the docks, the more crowded the streets became.

“I’ve been gathering people here for a while now, using the empty town as a staging center for my company works outside of Tarot interests. Now, I’m using my company’s profits to fund our current endeavor.” Several men and women hailed Vincent as the duo walked about. “As you can see, this place is no longer a ghost town.” By this point they had arrived to the town’s main plaza. Lights were ornately stung above, people were singing and dancing along with several men who idly played festive tunes. The entire town seemed to be filled with hope, hope of a new age about to dawn.

In the plaza, the largest building was a massive tavern, bearing a sign titling it as the “Aces High,” and the scholar gestured towards the door. The lancer entered first, and Vincent followed after him. Inside a plethora of people sat around, drinks in their hands and food on their plates. Several barmaids bustled about making sure people’s cups were filled and their spirits were high. A dwarf saluted Vince from behind the bar and tossed him a key from under the bar.

Turning over the brass key in his hands Vince eyed an inscription on its shaft. “Looks like you’re in room 12,” the scholar murmured handing the key to Creno. “Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, I’m going to grab a drink and head back to the warehouse to scour the manuscript for a bit!” He clasped the man on the shoulder once more.

“Good work, Creno.” He locked eyes with his underling and smiled. “You’ve practically handed us the key to solving this puzzle. Sleep well, and find me in the morning. There is much work to be done yet, and I fear that we have less time than we think.”
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

EXP: 1,009, Level: 1
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 991
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 991
    GP

Name
    Creno Valour
    Race
    Saenorakym Prime
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'5"/245lbs
    Job
    Hero

View Profile
    After a good night's sleep...

Creno awoke with a sudden thought.

He found himself thinking of his family back aboard the star chariot. I miss you guys. I sometimes wonder if this is all worth it. This great experiment to save the sanctity of life. Freedom is the right of all beings. Creno thought to himself as he envisioned what his parents and siblings would be doing aboard the great star chariot at that moment. Creno looked off to the distance for a moment and felt refreshes for the first time in a long time. We're about to start a great work. Mother. Father. I hope somewhere you guys are proud of me. He sat up and immediately got dressed. The sleep was needed to recharge his potent chi energy. The vast energy he needed actually empower his flying capacity.

Creno stepped out of the building a few moments later, greeting all those who greeted him.

They were aware that he was the one who'd brought them the information that would be so critical to undoing a mad Necromancer's dark work.

Someday they will remember as a Hero...someday... Creno thought to himself and allowed himself a smile for the first time since the entire ordeal began.

The crystal in his possession was a remarkable piece of Prime technology.

To think it would be an old relic like that to save this planet from a dark fate... Creno could not help but smile.

There were dark forces in the world.

Shadows that worked at all hours of the day and night to undo everything he loved about Althanas. I swore an oath to protect this world. And that's exactly what I am going to do. The young lancer looked at the gathered townsfolk. They were already bestowing great honour upon him. Creno walked up to them, and nodded to his newfound friends. "I need to speak to Vincent." He said to the gathered.

"I will guide you there." One of the male Elves said calmly and guided Creno over towards Vincent.

Creno entered the large building where they were gathered, working on the texts he'd written with his own hands. Creno spotted Vincent and approached the scholar.

"I trust the text was adequate?" Creno asked. Then he looked at Vincent. "We must prepared for The Great Work at hand. I swore an oath to protect this world. I intend to keep my end of the bargain. What is that we need to do now?" Creno asked of Vincent and waited for the man to respond.

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Vincent looked up from the book at hand and smiled at Creno, his eyes red and bloodshot. “The text is more than I could have imagined so much technology and information all in one place.” He rose from his seat and clapped Creno on the shoulder. “This text will show us the way forward…” He guided the lancer to a window in his study. Outside several ships had arrived at the docks, men and women alike swarming through the docks with boxes in their hands.

“You’ve given the people hope! More than what we had when we cleared the Red Forest, you’ve armed us for the coming war.” The scholar paused. “Now we must press the advantage further.” He sighed. “I will stay with the scholars for now and help fabricate some of this new technology to the best of our abilities.” He gestured to the stacks upon stacks of books on his desk. “As you can see my work is cut out for me, so I need you to take charge of the field work my friend.” The scholar returned to his seat and quickly began scribbling a list down.

“I’m going to need samples of corrupted dirt, zombies both still walking and zombies that we’ve slain. I need to see what the plague has been doing to the wildlife, to the water…” the scholar droned on. “We need to figure out how it interacts with everything in the environment, if it can be spread by pests or bugs.” The scholar paused, “We need to know if it can be weaponized at all, not for our use, but for someone looking to cause trouble…we need a way to detect these things…” The scholar shook his head.

“But first, we need to gather samples. Get some of our best men, I’ve purchased Aleran hazmat suits that will protect you from the plague. I want you to lead a short expedition into the plague lands to observe and gather test subjects.” He stopped and looked up, “Be careful though, the last thing we need is more victims…”

With that Creno was gone, and Vince was left to his own devices. His eyes burned, screaming for the sweet relief of sleep. Yet he still had hours of work planned, and many months of hard work left. He turned his gaze back to an open text and sighed, such was the price of success.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Congratulations!

Cards of Fate receives 1010 EXP and 115 GP!

Sir_Creno receives 485 EXP and 70 GP!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards have been added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12