(Current Day)

The sweltering heat never bothered the immortal. One of the few warriors who had gone toe to toe with the Revenant enough to get past his heat wave. He looked upon the mess of a man that was once in a long ago fairy tale the closest thing to a friendly rival he had. A Frenemy of sorts. But even then it was touch and go at best. They tried to kill one another, they brought out the worst in each other, and they fought over the stupidest things just for the sake of fighting. It had nearly ruined his relationships, had cost him a few immortal lives, and even now, looking back, knowing where the road went he could honestly say he wouldn’t change things.

The real monster standing between the Devourer and the Enigmatic Immortal was Sei Orlouge.

“Though I suppose you could have looked worse,” Jensen giggled, his laughter always a sore point to his fiery comrade. He approached William slowly, tilting his head. “You even in there Willie?” he asked.

His hands reached to his side, pulling a satchel to his hip and holding it. “Look, I know you got a lot of anger and rage in there, and you got this idea about ending the world. Cannot honestly say i am not tempted to just laugh and join ya. But that’s...never been us has it?”

William said nothing, but tilted his head back. There it was. That was what Jensen had to know still existed. The healthy respect. The respect of two men who fought and bled together, trained together, killed together, but also wanted to kill the other. To break the other. It was this respect that prevented the Devourer from just charging in. And that same respect was why Jensen didn’t jump him. He made his presence known.

Suicide?

Perhaps. William was far more stronger than any other time they fought. But so was Jensen. They both had fought with the Kron’Tyr and the Storm Herald. They both had pushed themselves past normal limits of fighting pique. They pushed one another to become better, and then they split. Bad blood existed with Jensen for a while, and for William he was sure there was a bit as well, but in the end it had vanished back to clarity; this was just how they acted towards the other.

Knowing William was truly in there, somewhere to hold the demon within back, he lifted his satchel and pulled out a foil wrapped goodie. “This is what all the rage is about, Willie,” he tossed it over to the demonkin. “Twice Baked Potato. Go on, eat,” The immortal lifted his own and enjoyed the delicious scent. “It’s not like anyone else in the world is going to interfere. It’s you, me, this hell pit, and our appetite for destruction. This is all going to end one way or the other William. So...shut up and eat with me. Just one last time.”

He unwrapped his potato, smiling to himself and lowering his lips and taking a bite. It was exactly how he remembered it. He moaned loudly, sexually pleased by this potato of holy goodness. When he finished he looked to William, lifting out a third potato.

“And of course, enough for one more helping...but you gotta fight me for it,” he said laughing obnoxiously rolling it between them.