----
    Race
    whatever the situation requires
    Hair Color
    ---
    Eye Color
    ---

A Shadow Falls Upon the Land

There are few events in the entire history of this sphere, of which the continent of Althanas is a mere fraction, of which our nation is but a part, than the War of the Tap. The fundamental shift in every aspect of existence, of the vary character of the things that do exist, was forever altered during that singular event. It is clearly one event, no matter how others want to break up the period into separate occurrences. The War of Countless Shadows, as Gilion Nensirith describes the first period between direct engagements concerning the forces of the Five and that of the Maia, cannot be taken out of the whole, as in so doing we abuse context. The events that occurred prior to the “War of Countless Shadows” As Gilion Nensirith calls the first “cold War”, is crucial, as the whole development and reason for the Under Paths, is seen as something born from irrationality within the Five, and not part as a greater strategic action (Exert taken from The Monster of Magic and the War It Caused, penned by Ertragene Miraver, CP606).

Who amongst you shall strive to fight the night, who amongst will shall strive against that which devours hope and light?

Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes.
    The king of hate the killer of fate.
    The hour of the silent tred draws near. The time when water flows up Akel ‘A’heer.

Know this then all you heros.
    When Akkavasha weeps no more,
    When the Seven Fold Bell will no longer toll the settings of the hours upon the Loom of Time,
    When the child is born with eyes seeing and unseeing forever sealed and always open
    When the Gateman at Kythrahan is forced to bow to his own shadow,
    He shall come.

He that was made to devour the Thayne’s greatest labor (Exert from The Words of the Prophetess Cyra The Seer, adviser to the Bard Council, CP 138-CP 412).

To those that care, the two lines above give a hint to the story arch of which this recruteing thread is meant to cover. The first of these will be “A minor miner Matter”, which is meant to start off the entire arch. This arch will cover thirteen individual chapters or thread, which I will be covering with Bard, and not all of them will appear at times to be interconnected. This thread will cover all OOC aspects of all these threads. One could think of this as a sort of gift to the people of Althanas. One of several I hope to be a part of over the coming year.

For this first chapter, we have the following cast:
    1. Redford
    2. Jasmine
    3. Jacques Alutris
    4----
    5----
    6 ----

I shall be posting to this thread roughly twice a week, and will hope others will try and do the same. I will also be requesting permission to periodically bunny other’s characters as telepathy will be involved with this thread.

Keep in mind that I’m willing to edit anything I do in this thread, if another writer feels that I have done something inappropriate to their character. I will not be bunnying one’s character much during the thread, save for a few important scenes, and will be requesting feedback from all when such events occur. If I have erred in anyway, then please let me know.
    Last edited by Bard; 08-07-16 at 07:56 PM.
    INEED to see your vision, and the layers you apply sometimes make that difficult" (By Storm).
    Lore Q&A
    Screen-reader user, welcome, PM me with questions on how the site works with your software

GP

Name
    Jarilo
    Race
    Fae
    Hair Color
    Varying browns
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'9"
    Job
    Musician, Rune-Caster

View Profile
    Can Jarilo tag along?
    Where the wave of moonlight glosses
    the dim grey sands with light,
    far off by furthest Rosses
    we foot it all the night,
    weaving olden dances,
    mingling hands and mingling glances
    till the moon has taken flight...
    To and fro we leap,
    and chase the frothy bubbles,
    while the world is full of troubles
    and is anxious in its sleep.

Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    with a faery--hand in hand...

For the world's more full of weeping
    than you can understand.

EXP: 8,486, Level: 3
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 514
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 514
    GP

Name
    Elisdrasil
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blonde
    Eye Color
    Blue-Green
    Build
    5' 11' / 160 lbs

View Profile
    I wouldn't mind offering myself.

Blind Lore Mod in Trainin
    EXP: 4,050, Level: 2
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 950
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 950
    GP

Name
    ----
    Race
    Hair Color
    ---
    Eye Color
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jarilo View Post
    Can Jarilo tag along?
    Indeed she can, do keep in mind that you will need to provide some explanation in your post how she got from Dheathain to Corone, and while Fae are not unheard of in Corone, your true visage might cause a bit of a stir among the locals. Just a few things to keep in mind.
    INEED to see your vision, and the layers you apply sometimes make that difficult" (By Storm).
    Lore Q&A
    Screen-reader user, welcome, PM me with questions on how the site works with your software

GP

Name
    Jarilo
    Race
    Fae
    Hair Color
    Varying browns
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'9"
    Job
    Musician, Rune-Caster

View Profile
    Will do, Bard.
    weaving olden dances,
    To and fro we leap,

than you can understand.

EXP: 400, Level: 1
    Level completed: 20%, EXP required for next level: 1,600
    Level completed: 20%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,600
    GP

Name
    Ser Casimir Taryndor
    Race
    Half-Orc
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    6'/200
    Job
    Knight

View Profile
    Alright, I am in.
    My good blade carves the casques of men, my tough lance thrusteth sure, my strength is as the strength of ten because my heart is pure... -Alfred, Lord Tennyson Sir Galahad

GP

Name
    Jarilo
    Race
    Fae
    Hair Color
    Varying browns
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'9"
    Job
    Musician, Rune-Caster

View Profile
    Actually, as Jarilo's story is developing in another direction, I am withdrawing my involvement for now...
    weaving olden dances,
    To and fro we leap,

than you can understand.

EXP: 30,152, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 4,848
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,848
    GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus (Cleansing One)
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    While I am interested, I'm not entirely sure my character could fit in.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Blind Lore Mod in Trainin
    EXP: 4,050, Level: 2
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 950
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 950
    GP

Name
    ----
    Race
    Hair Color
    ---
    Eye Color
    ---

There are few events in the entire history of this sphere, of which the continent of Althanas is a mere fraction, of which our nation is but a part, than the War of the Tap. The fundamental shift in every aspect of existence, of the vary character of the things that do exist, was forever altered during that singular event. It is clearly one event, no matter how others want to break up the period into separate occurrences. The War of Countless Shadows, as Gilion Nensirith describes the first period between direct engagements concerning the forces of the Five and that of the Maia, cannot be taken out of the whole, as in so doing we abuse context. The events that occurred prior to the “War of Countless Shadows” As Gilion Nensirith calls the first “cold War”, is crucial, as the whole development and reason for the Under Paths, is seen as something born from irrationality within the Five, and not part as a greater strategic action (Exert taken from The Monster of Magic and the War It Caused, penned by Ertragene Miraver, CP606).

Who amongst you shall strive to fight the night, who amongst will shall strive against that which devours hope and light?

Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes.
    The king of hate the killer of fate.
    The hour of the silent tred draws near. The time when water flows up Akel ‘A’heer.

Know this then all you heros.
    When Akkavasha weeps no more,
    When the Seven Fold Bell will no longer toll the settings of the hours upon the Loom of Time,
    When the child is born with eyes seeing and unseeing forever sealed and always open
    When the Gateman at Kythrahan is forced to bow to his own shadow,
    He shall come.

He that was made to devour the Thayne’s greatest labor (Exert from The Words of the Prophetess Cyra The Seer, adviser to the Bard Council, CP 138-CP 412).

To those that care, the two lines above give a hint to the story arch of which this recruiting thread is meant to cover. The first of these will be “A minor miner Matter”, which is meant to start off the entire arch. This arch will cover thirteen individual chapters or thread, which I will be covering with Bard and not all of them, will appear at times to be interconnected. This thread will cover all OOC aspects of all these threads. One could think of this as a sort of gift to the people of Althanas. One of several I hope to be a part of over the coming year. It should be noted, that individuals signing up for this particular quest, a Minor miner matter will not have to be signing up for any of the other quest that follow.

Do to life related circumstances this thread got delayed horribly. I am now attempting to get/ reaffirm those interested participants.

I will take five additional writers, including Redford, who has already expressed interest. I’ll be editing this post with names when they apply.

I shall be posting to this thread roughly twice a week, and will hope others will try and do the same. I will also be requesting permission to periodically bunny other’s characters as telepathy will be involved with this thread.

Keep in mind that I’m willing to edit anything I do in this thread, if another writer feels that I have done something inappropriate to their character. I will not be bunnying one’s character much during the thread, save for a few important scenes, and will be requesting feedback from all when such events occur. If I have erred in anyway, then please let me know.

Given life circumstances this got horribly delayed.
    Lore Q&A

EXP: 13,891, Level: 4
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next level: 109
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next level: 109
    GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    What are the details for the first thread? Corone then? Current day and age? Kryos won't be available out of Raiaera for a while, but perhaps afterwards.
    -Level 4-

The path of redemption requires both light and shadow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast