Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile

The Fox at in Sakuhin

“Kitsune Aoimoku!” was heard across the village of Sakuhin (Peace). The village was a quite village most of the time. Sakuhin was surrounded by forests and the village itself had many old Japanese style homes. It’s inhabitants were many of the mythical creatures that have been thought up throughout earths history. However the normal fantasy creatures; Humans, dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins, vampires, zombies, werewolves, and dragons were nowhere to be seen. That’s because they can’t live on this continent. This continent is a continent that houses the spiritual entities that was thought up on earth. The most common of these are the Shinigami, the Fox Spirits, the Angels, the Demons, the Banshees, the Hippogriffs, the Kappas, the Ents, the Incubus/Succubus, and The Phoenixes. There are many more but none reach the numbers of these groups and each group makes up a clan. Sakuhin is the only location where all the clans can come together. It is also where the Council of Clans meet. This council consists of the heads of every clan on the continent. They make the general rules that all clans must follow and they meet in Sakuhin monthly. When they are not in Sakuhin they are in their clans village which is named after their Clan.

So what had broken the silence of this peaceful village? The Aoimoku no Ichino no Kitsune, Kitsune Aoimoku. Said red fox spirit slunk through the back alleys of Sakuhin as he tried to hide from he shop owner that he just pranked. The Kappa treated Aoimoku like a god, something that Aoimoku hated. So, he decided it would be funny to cover the floor in a slippery resin that he made. This made all the customers that entered the store slip and slide all over the place. It was actually funny to see one of the stoic hippogriffs try to stay on his feet and still attempt to seem regal. So much so that Aoimoku couldn’t help but to release a snort. it was because of this snort that he was caught. He slid from the store with practiced ease as the kappa store owner tried to give chase only to fall flat on her face, her bald head visible to all as her hat fell off on impact.

Aoimoku looked around the alleyway until he found what he was looking for. An empty trash can with an opened he slunk his way into the can as quietly as possible. Just in time too as the kappa appeared at the entrance of the alley. He looked around the alley for a few seconds in hope of spotting the troublemaker but didn’t see him so continued on down the main street. After a few more minutes Aoimoku stuck his head out of the top of the can and looked around, he then started to chuckle.

“Baka (Stupid) Kappa,” Aoimoku said with a smile. “Maybe he won’t treat me like a god anymore.” Aoimoku then frowned as his ears laid back and his tail drooped “Who am I kidding, I’ll always be treated like a god. After all, I’m the only blue eyed fox spirit.” As Aoimoku walked down the street on his way to the Kitsune compound everyone gave him a bow and stepped out of his way out of both respect and fear. This just made Aoimoku sigh even more before he held his head high like he was taught to do and kept going until he reached the Kitsune compound. Inside the compound there were many red foxes. They were all fox spirits like him. However the majority had multiple tails with two, three, and five being the most popular. There were a few kits that had one tail like himself but they were a lot younger then him. Most of the other one tails were older then him and didn’t want to interact with him. Those that were his age thought of him as a god and never even interacted with him because of it. As he made his way towards his home a friendly voice called out to him.

“Aoimoku-kun! O-genki ka? (How are you?)” Aoimoku turned around and saw a giant white fox with nine tails behind it. The stood at five feet tall. This was Inari, the head of the Kitsune Clan.

“Inari-sama!” Aoimoku called with a smile, “Hai, Okagemasama de (Yes, I’m fine thanks to you and God). I haven’t seen you in a long time. O-genki ka?”

Inari smiled down at the young fox. “Hai, Okagemasama de.” He then gave a smirk that made a shiver go down Aoimoku’s spine. “I had just come into town when I saw a kappa named Yuri Kireina run past shouting, ‘Where is that fox so I can skin him!’ You wouldn’t have anything to do with that would you?”

Aoimoku hung his head and folded his ears back and tucked his tail between his legs as he nodded. Inari glared at him and asked, “What did you do?”

Aoimoku hung his head lower and said, “I kind of put some of my surippu on the floor of her shop.”

Inari’s glare hardened, “And why did you put Surippu on the floor of Yuri-san’s floor?”

Aoimoku sighed, “She was treating me like a god, I wanted her to see me as another fox spirit. So I pulled the prank to try to get her to think differently.”

Inari sighed but then smirked, “Well it was an ingenious prank.” He then gave a smirk that would make most fox spirits run but Aoimoku knew what would happen if he did so he stayed put. “Now come, you can tell me the results after you clean the shop from top to bottom. “ Aoimoku was about to protest but Inari interrupted, “And maybe after the shop is cleaned we can go out to get some Barbeque at Shienlos. Who knows, we might get Hana as the waitress.” Inari laughed as Aoimoku sputtered as they started to head off to Utsukushii Zakka-ten.
    Last edited by kitsune; 03-18-16 at 04:53 PM.

EXP: 730, Level: 1
    Level completed: 37%, EXP required for next level: 1,270
    Level completed: 37%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,270
    GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    After cleaning every last drop of Surippu from the floor of Utsukushii Zakka-ten, Aoimoku and Inari made their way to Shienlos. Shienlos was a large restaurant. It had three floor with each floor having it’s own function. The bottom floor was where customers would sit down to eat premade meals. It also was where you could get takeout. The Second floor contained the Barbeque stations (Tables with a grill built into the center). The top floor was a bar with every form of liquor imaginable.

A young Phoenix came up to the two Kitsunes “Konbanwa O-kyaku-sama. (Good evening customers.),” she said with a respectful bow, “Nan-nin-sama. (How many people?)”

Inari smiled back at the woman and bowed slightly “Konbanwa. Futari dues. (two please)”

The phoenix nodded her head and then asked “Where would you two like to dine?”

Inari smiled again and said, “We would like to have self cooked barbeque tonight.”

The phoenix bowed again and said, “Certainly, if you would follow me please.” She then lead them up to the second floor. As they were headed up the stairs Inari leaned forward and whispered something in the hostess’s ear. Aoimoku couldn’t hear what was said. The hostess nodded with something akin to a smirk on her beak.

She then lead them towards a table in the back corner of the room with a nice view of the streets below them. She then bowed and walked away. They changed into their hybrid forms as they sat down. Inari’s form was that of an older man. He had long white hair with two whit fox ears sticking out of the top. Behind him swished nine long white tails. He wore a white kimono to finish his outfit.

Aoimoku’s hybrid form was that of a young child. He had short red hair with to red fox ears sticking out of the top. His one fox tail stick out of the back of the black kimono. The kimono had a print of him running all over it. It wasn’t long before a beautiful girl with long red hair and two fox ears and a tail came up to the table.

“Konbanwa O-kyaku-sama,” she said with a bow. “O-nomimono wa.”
    “Atsukan (hot sake),” Inari said with a smile. He looked over to his companion who had a huge blush on his face. But after a bit Inari frowned and hit Aoimoku over the head with a tail. Aoimoku glared at the older fox spirit but then looked at the vixen and flush.

“I-I’ll take some sprite please.” He couldn’t help the stutter that escaped him.

The young vixen giggled then wrote down his drink before she left. Aoimoku then glared at the older fox spirit and asked, “what was that for?”

The older fox just shrugged and said, “You were staring and I wanted to get my Atsukan.”

The young fox slumped in his seat and grumbled “you didn’t have to hit me.” The older fox just chuckled as they sat there and waited for their meal. Unknown to them a Shinigami was at a table near by and had observed the interactions between the boy and the vixen. After a bit he stood up and headed out to inform his clan head of what he saw.
    Last edited by kitsune; 03-18-16 at 04:53 PM.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    The next day Inari had to go to a council meeting. Because of this, Aoimoku was alone again. So, he decided to go out for a walk in his hybrid forum. Aoimoku walked around the village until he reached a park. There he sat as he watched the children play. He began to purr as he watched the children. The laughter and excitement lifted the young fox’s spirit. However as time went by He began to think about his own childhood.

He grew up with no one to play with. He was too important to play, at least that’s what the adults said anyway. All he could do was sit behind a desk and learn how to read, write, and how to fight. Heck, he wasn’t even allowed to actually train until he was six. He hated it so much that he would actually fall asleep some times during his lessons. Of course they were quick to catch him and then scold him for not taking his studies seriously. He would grumble and complain as he continued on with his work. Didn’t mean he didn’t get back at them. He just did his work until his studies were done then he would do something insane.

“My favorite would have to be when I hid all the Shinigamis’ knives,” Aoimoku said with a smile, “and the bakas went on frantic search for them. I don’t even know if all of them was found.” Hope a kid didn’t find one. After he said that he heard a giggle. Aoimoku looked up. Right in front of him was a little Kappa with her webbed hands in front of her mouth. She wore a blue one piece swimsuit. The little Kappa’s bald head shined in the sun as the leaves that made a ring around her head shook.

She smiled and said, “That’s a funny prank. I bet they were mad weren’t they?”

Aoimoku smiled and said, “Yeah they were, some of them looked like they were going to blow up.” The girl giggled again and was about to say something when a female Kappa ran up to them.

“Suzuran!” she said harshly, “Don’t bother Aoimoku-sama. He is really important to this land.” She turned to Aoimoku and bowed. “Domo sumimasen (I’m sorry) Aoimoku-sama. I hope she didn’t bother you too much.”

“Iie, zenzen (No, not at all),” he said with a smile. “I quite enjoyed our short chat.” He then looked down at the little girl “I wish to speak with you again Suzuran-chan.” the girl giggled then did a small bow before she was dragged away. As soon as they were out of eyesight his ears folded back on his head as he sighed. Another child that won’t talk to me again, he thought with a sigh. He then pulled himself up off the bench then made his way home, where he hoped to see Inari back from the council meeting so he could have a bit of fun.
    Last edited by kitsune; 03-21-16 at 05:15 PM.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    The next day was a sad day for Aoimoku. Inari had to go back to Kitsunemaru (Fox Village). Everyone of the foxes of Sakuhin was to send off their leader. It was late afternoon and the only other species to not send off their leader was the Shinigami which will be sent off at sunset as is tradition. The foxes lined up on either side of main street from the Kitsune Compound to the gate. Little ones were excited like they were every month. This was the big monthly parade. Children from other species found spots on the balconies that looked out over the street so they could watch the oldest mortal leader leave the village. The Kitsune Clan always had something special for their leader.

This month was no exception. As the doors to the Kitsune Compound opened two blue foxes made entirely out of fire rushed out of the compound and out the gate to “explode” into sparks. After that all the Kitsunes along the sides of the street made fire shoot up into the air which then exploded into fireworks. The children laughed and danced as the sparks rained down on the children and the sparks extinguished before they touched anything. After that Inari stepped out of the compound in his fox form. His nine tails waved behind him as he walked down the street, a kind smile on his face. His tails waived to every child as he passed. He would sometimes touch a child on the nose with one of his tails as well. He wrapped tails with each and every fox spirit as he passed.

The kids cheered as Inari passed by them in hope that they would receive something special from Inari. You see, every month, as he leaves, Inari gives one of the non-fox spirit children a special gift. Each month it’s something different. As Inari continued down the row he suddenly stopped and turned to a balcony full of kappa children. The kappas looked excited because that meant that one of them would get the gift from Inari. Inari looked at each of the kappas until his eyes landed on a small kappa. This kappa was none other then Suzuran, the kappa that had talked with Aoimoku the other day. Inari beaconed to her with his tail. She happily ran down the steps to the ground floor and up to Inari.

Inari bent down to her and said, “Konichiwa little one. Hajimemashite. Kitsune Inari desu. Yoroshiku. (*Exact translation unavailable but basically means Beginning. I am Kitsune Inari. Please take care of me.*)”

“Hajimemashite. Yuri Suzuran desu. Kochira Koso Yoroshiku. (Beginning. I am Yuri Suzuran. It’s I that should say that.),” Suzuran said with a slight bow.

“Suzuran-chan,” Inari said with a smile, “that name sounds familiar. Do you know Aoimoku-sama by chance?”

The kappa girl smiled and nodded, “Hai, I met him yesterday in the park, but I got in trouble for bothering him when I got home.”

Inari sighed but then smiled. “Well, I have a secret for you. Aoimoku loves children but can never talk to them thanks to the adults taking them away. It makes him lonely. Do you think you can talk to him when you see him?”

Suzuran smiled then said, “Mochiron Inari-sama! (Of course!)”

Inari smiled again then ruffled her leaf, “Arigato Suzuran-chan.” He then pulled his tail back. “Now I believe I called you down here to give you something. What was it?”

The little kappa bounced on her feet in anticipation. When everyone was sure she would burst, Inari brought a tail out from behind him and held it out in front of her. The tail opened up to a glass container with water and glowing water lily inside.

The kappa looked at the lily with wonder before she looked up at Inari. “What is it Inari-sama?” she asked.

“That my, kappa friend, is a Fire Lily. It is a water lily that glows like a lantern on the water. It is only grown in Kitsunemaru and the Kitsune Compound. It is a symbol of the our fire and important to us please take good care of it Suzuran-chan.”

The little Kappa smiled and shouted “Mochiron Inari!”

Inari laughed then said “O-saki ni. (Pardon me, but I’m leaving now.) Sayoonara Suzuran-chan.”

“Shitsurei Shimasu Inari-sama. (Good bye Superior Inari.),” Suzuran san said then left back to the balcony but not before one last wave to Inari who waved back. He then continued on down the road. He

Inari made it to the gates where Aoimoku was. When Inari approached Aoimoku, Aoimoku nodded his head and said, “Konichiwa Inari-san. I am sad to see you go.”

Inari smiled and bowed his head with great respect, “Konichiwa Aoimoku-sama, I am sad to leave you. I also have to tell you something. Come closer please.” Aoimoku moved forward and Inari began to whisper in his ear. “Be weary of the head of the Shinigami. He is big trouble. Also keep Hana close. I fear she is in danger.” He then pulled back and had their tails wrap around each other. “Sayoonara Aoimoku-sama. May you be safe until the day we meet again.”

“Sayoonara Inari-san,” Aoimoku said with a smile. “May you stay safe and strong on your journey home.” They then released their tails and Inari walked out the gate. As soon as he was out, he sent a giant fire ball up into the air as did all the other fox spirits in the village to make a bunch of fireworks in the sky. Then Inari continued on his way. After he Inari was out of sight, the Fox Spirits all left to continue on with their day. Before Inari could go to find Hana, a Shinigami appeared in front of him.

“Konichiwa Aoimoku-sama,” the Shinigami said in his echoed voice. “Our head would like to talk to you before he has to leave. Please follow me.”

Inari’s words echoed in the Aoimoku’s mind but it was rare to be invited into the Shin Compound and all who have been are usually killed. However as the Shinigami were unable to even touch him when he was a baby, he knew that wasn’t why he was invited. So with a shrug followed the Shinigami into the Shin Compound at which point the doors slammed shut.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    It has been a few days after the heads had left for their respective villages. Aoimoku had just woken up but decided to stay in bed. His mind wandered back to what the head of the Shin Clan had said to him.

Aoimoku walked into the Shin head’s office. The room was quite large and full of torches the emitted blue flames. The blue color made the room look dark and spooky. On the far side of the room sat a desk that looked like it was floating. Behind a desk was a grey human shaped wisp with a knife in his mouth. This was the head of the Shin Clan.

The Shinigami looked up before he took the knife out of his mouth and said, “Konichiwa Aoimoku-tono. I’m glad you could make it.”

Aoimoku nodded his head and said, “Konichiwa Shikkan-tono. While I am honored to be called into your home I would like to get down to business.”

Shikkan nodded his head and said, “Of course, the reason for me summoning you was to make sure you knew all the rules of your position.”

Aoimoku gave a confused look but nodded and said, “Of course I remember all the rules of being a God.”

Shikkan looked at him and said, “If this is true then please recite them for me.”

Aoimoku then nodded and started to recite the rules of the gods. “The rules of the gods are as followed
    1) Gods are higher in authority then any mortal.
    2) Gods are not to interact with mortals except when making a deal with them.
    3) Gods are only allowed to fall in love with other gods.
    4) Gods do not interfere in another god’s duty.
    5) Gods are to have a holiday set up just for them.
    6) Gods do not offer help to mortals without receiving a tribute.
    7) Gods are not to eat in an open room. Instead they have to request a private venue.
    8) Gods never call anyone sama.
    9) Gods do not participate in any festivities unless it is their own festival.
    10) Gods do not enter another god’s home without permission.”

Shikkan nodded her head but then scowled. “If you know the Rules of the Gods the then tell me.” She paused for a moment before she yelled, “THEN WHY DID YOU BREAK FOUR OF THEM!?”

Aoimoku’s hear drooped as he asked, “Which four did I break Shikkan-tono?”

Shikkan growled and said, “You broke rules two, three, seven, and nine.”

Aoimoku was angry, “I did no such thing!”

Shikkan got even angrier, “Don’t lie to me Aoimoku!” she yelled at the kitsune who cowered away as the flames in the hall grew larger. “A shinigami saw you eating with Inari-san in the open as you acted like a love struck puppy to the kitsune waitress, Hana! Also today you participated in Inari’s send off celebration! I also heard from another Shinigami that you talked to a child in the park! So in actuality you disobeyed law two twice and the other three once! So tell me again WHY DID YOU BREAK FOUR OF THE RULES OF THE GODS!”

With this Aoimoku snapped, “Because I can’t stand being alone!” Shikkan’s eyes widened when he heard that. “I’m all alone Shikkan-tono! You have all your clan and the seasons have each other but me! I’m all alone! I don’t have anyone who is a god to be friends with, I don’t have anyone that I can talk too! I’m all alone! As for rule three, it’s impossible to keep from falling in love! Love just happens! You Shinigami are lucky! You have multiple gods to share your life with but me!? I have nobody! Even the seasons have their counterparts to keep them company! But me, I am the only fox god! Why can’t you let me have someone even if it is just temporary!? Why must I be alone?” The last question was whispered as he broke down and cried in front of Shikkan.

Shikkan floated towards the young kitsune. “Aoimoku,” he said with a frown. “The reason that we don’t allow the interaction between the two groups is for the sanity of the gods. If a god was to get attached to a mortal, when the time came for the mortal’s death, what do you think would happen?

Aoimoku had no response so with a smirk Shikkan left his office. As soon as his door was shut the flames on the torches went out.

The question that Shikkan gave him still laid heavy on his mind. “If a god was to get attached to a mortal, when the time came for the mortal’s death, what do you think would happen?”

‘I don’t know,’ thought Aoimoku, ‘but is it worth being alone?’ With no answer in sight, Aoimoku looked out the window and saw it was almost 10. Aoimoku sighed then got out of bed and got ready for the day.
    Last edited by kitsune; 04-29-16 at 01:32 PM.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    It had been almost a month since Aoimoku had been talked to by Shikkan. Inari was due to return today from Kitsunemaru that day, but Aoimoku was locked in his room by the Shinigami who was assigned to watch him after last month’s incident. Aoimoku sighed as he heard the parade that indicated that Inari had arrived. Aoimoku watched from his window as the parade made it’s way to the gate, just as he had done over the many years of his life. The parade was beautiful. Blue flames danced over the street as Inari made his way towards the compound. As the parade got closer Aoimoku got more and more nervous.

‘What should I do? Should I tell him that I can’t continue to be his friend? Should I just forbid him from seeing me? Or should I talk to him, see if he has an answer to Shikkan’s question.’ That last one had drawn him multiple times but he still wasn’t sure. Aoimoku was so deep in thought that he didn’t notice that Inari had made it to the compound. It wasn’t until he heard his guards tell someone off that he came out of his thoughts.

He then heard Inari yell, “Excuse me, you are in my clan’s compound of which you are not permitted without invitation or someone has reached the end of their life! Now get out before I light you on fire!”

Aoimoku heard one of the Shinigami say, “Due to Aoimoku-dono breaking one of the Laws of the Gods, he is to be kept in his room with no visitors except when business is to be conducted.”

Aoimoku opened the door and said, “Excuse me Shinigami-dono but I do have business with Inari-san here, so I would suggest that you back off before I set you on fire.” The Shinigamis shivered. “Ohayoo Gozaimasu Inari-san (Good morning Inari),” Aoimoku said with a slight bow. “Would you like to come in?”

Inari smiled then bowed to Aoimoku. “Ohayoo Gozaimasu Aoimoku-sama. I would be happy to join you.” Inari then walked past the two shinigami. As soon as Inari was inside Aoimoku gave the two shinigami another glare before he shut the door. As soon as the door was shut the shinigami on the right turned to the one on the left.

“I honestly feel bad for Aoimoku-dono,” she said.

The one on the right said, “I don’t he shouldn’t even exist.”

The one on the left glared at him, “Everyone exists for a reason Shaw.”

Shaw looked at her funny and said, “No one but a shinigami should be immortal Ren.”

Ren glared again then pulled out her knife and stabbed Shaw in the arm which made him wince, “He proves otherwise.” After she said that she pulled the knife out of his arm which healed instantly.

Shaw glared. “Not cool Ren.”

Ren ignored him as she returned to guard the door, her thoughts on the young fox.

Inside the room, Inari and Aoimoku sat at a table with Jasmine tea.

Aoimoku gave a slight smile at his friend slash teacher. “O-genki desu ka Inari-san?”

Inari smiled, “Hai, Okagesama de.” Inari then frowned “How about you Aoimoku-sama? O-genki desu ka?”

Aoimoku sighed, “Nantoka (I’m barely coping). It’s actually why I needed to speak to you.”

Inari’s frown deepened, “What’s bothering you?”

Aoimoku told Inari about everything that had happened in the last month, from the time Shikkan called Aoimoku to his thoughts just before Inari came to his room. Inari listened to Aoimoku as he told Inari about his month. Inari frown just deepened until it was finally a scowl. Fire seemed to radiate off his tail as he listened. As soon as Aoimoku finished Inari growled. It scared Aoimoku a bit since while Aoimoku was technically a god, Inari was a lot older and stronger than him. Inari noticed the fear that radiated off Aoimoku and quickly squashed his anger.

“I’m sorry for scaring you Aoimoku,” Inari said with a sigh, “I’m just furious with Shikkan. He know that foxes are naturally social creatures. Yet, he tries to make you separate yourself from everybody around you. I will be having a word with Shikkan.”

Aoimoku was happy that Inari would stick up for him, but that wasn’t the reason for him to tell Inari what happened. “I’m happy that you are willing to stick up for me, but that is not why I called you in.” Aoimoku took a deep breath then said, “I need you to help me figure out what to do. Should I follow all the Rules of the Gods, or should I make my own way?”

Inari sat there and thought for a bit but finally he said, ”Why don’t we look at each rule so that we can figure out why it is in place shall we?”

Aoimoku nodded then said, “Ok the first rule is ‘Gods are higher in authority than any mortal.’

Inari nodded then said, “That makes sense since as a god you technically should know more than any mortal, however, since you are young this is not the case. Shinigami usually don’t let their kids leave the compound until after they are taught everything the need to be taught. You on the other hand, are still learning. As such, you shouldn’t be in charge yet.”

Aoimoku nodded then said, “So while I naturally get final say, I should listen to those older than me?” Inari nodded. Aoimoku smiled, “I can agree to that. The second one is one of them that I broke. ‘Gods should not interact with mortals except when making a deal with them.’”

Inari scowled, “That is impossible for you Aoimoku. As a fox spirit you are a social creature. I say toss it and I will be confronting Shikkan about this.”

Aoimoku nodded and just accepted it since Inari was almost a thousand years old. “I also broke the third one. ‘Gods are only allowed to fall in love with other gods.’”

Fire flared up behind Inari as he yelled, “LOVE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL!”

Raw and Shaw both started to sweat as all the torches in the Kitsune compound got brighter and hotter. Raw turned to Shaw and said, “I wonder what angered Inari-san to the point of making his foxfire blaze.”

Shaw looked at Raw. “I don’t want to know.”

It took maybe ten minutes for Inari to calm himself. Inari then said, “That rule will be scrapped, no exceptions, you hear me Aoimoku, that one can’t exist.”

Aoimoku just nodded. He then waited a few seconds before he continued on. “The fourth one is, ‘Gods do not interfere with another god’s duty.’”

Inari just nodded, “They just don’t want anything getting in the way of them killing the spirits that need to be killed. That rule is important though, so NEVER break it.”

Aoimoku just nodded still nervous from Inari’s little outburst. “The fifth one is ‘Gods have to have a holiday just for them.’”

Inari just blinked then said, “Seriously?” Aoimoku nodded. Inari blinked again. “Ok, I guess we can make a festival for you.”

Aoimoku blinked. “Really?” Inari smiled. Aoimoku just looked at him then slumped forward and Inari swore there was a raincloud above Aoimoku’s head. “Another reason for spirits to put me on a podium.”

Inari just looked at Aoimoku with a bit of confusion. But then a smile appeared on his face as he started to chuckle. That chuckle turned into a full out laugh. Aoimoku sunk deeper into his depression only to be brought out of it by Inari.

“No more sulking,” Inari said with a professional air to his voice, “we have to finish this up.”

Aoimoku smiled then said, “the sixth one is ‘Gods don’t offer help to mortals without tribute.’”

Inari looked at Aoimoku and said, “Okay, I think this is their way of making money. Keep it.”

Aoimoku nodded and said, “The seventh one is one that slips my mind from time to time. ‘Gods are not to eat in an open room. Instead they have to request a private venue.’”

Inari just looked at him then hung his head. “I made you break that rule. I’m so sorry Aoimoku-sama.”

Aoimoku’s tail flared up when he heard that. “Don’t call me ‘sama’ in private ever again!”

Inari just laughed as Aoimoku’s fur seemed to catch fire. “Okay, okay, I promise I won’t.”

Aoimoku then went back to normal. “Good. Now the next one is ‘Gods never call anyone sama’”

Inari just looked at him board and said, “That’s a given.”

Aoimoku shrugged then said, “The ninth one is ‘Gods do not participate in any festivities unless it is their own festival.’”

Fire faired out of Inari as he yelled, “They don’t want you to have fun! This one should be scrapped!”

Aoimoku sighed and said, “But if I scrap it won’t the Shinigami just lock me in here?

Inari smiled and said, “They can’t touch you.”

Aoimoku smiled and both he and Inari began to laugh a laugh that would make a hyena shiver.

After they calmed down Aoimoku smiled and said, “The last one is ‘Gods do not enter another god’s home without permission.”

Inari smiled again and said, “They are breaking that rule now. I’m going to have a heyday with this tomorrow.”

Aoimoku smiled and said, “That’s true. I’m going to be right back.”

Aoimoku walked over to the door and opened it. Behind the door stood Ren and Shaw. The two shinigami looked at Aoimoku as he said, “Due to your orders breaking the Rules of the Gods you now must leave your post. Also, tell Shikkan that the Rules of the Gods are actually the Rules of the Shinigami and that I will be fallowing the Rules of the Blue Eyed Foxes.” The two looked at him like he was crazy but as soon as his tail flared up behind them the floated away as quickly as possible. Aoimoku then shut the door and returned to Inari. “Now that’s how you get rid of pests.”

Inari laughed but then said, “So, what are the rules of the Blue Eyed Foxes?”

Aoimoku smiled, “The rules of the blue eyed foxes are as follows:
    1) Gods are higher in authority then any mortal.
    2) Gods do not interfere in another god’s duty.
    3) Gods are to have a holiday set up just for them.
    4) Gods do not offer help to mortals without receiving a tribute.
    5) Gods never call anyone sama.
    6) Gods do not enter another god’s home without permission.
    7) Gods do not tell other gods what to do. They ask.
    8) If someone helps you bless them with a gift.
    9) Protect the Kitsune Clan with all you got.
    10) Don’t let the death of a loved one consume you. Remember that death is a part of any mortals life.”

Inari smiled and said, “All great rules Aoimoku. I’m proud.” Aoimoku smiled as they started to talk about everyday things into the night.
    Last edited by kitsune; 04-29-16 at 01:33 PM.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    The next day was the council meeting and Aoimoku was in his room. Inari had left for the meeting a hour ago. Suddenly there was a knock on his door.

Wonder who that is, Aoimoku thought as he made his way to the door. He was surprised to see Ren behind the door.

“Ohayoo Gozaimasu Aoimoku-tono,” Ren said with a slight bow. “pardon the disturbance, but you were called before the council today. Apparently they have something to discuss with you.”

“Ohayoo Gozaimasu Ren-tono,” Aoimoku said with a slight bow. “I have been up for a while so there was no disturbance. Also thank you for the information. I’ll be there soon.”

It didn’t take long for Aoimoku to get to the council chamber. When he entered the chamber the first thing he noticed was that the room was lit by a bunch of regular torches. The room had crescent shaped desk. On the outside of the desk was the leaders of each of the main species on the island plus one that represented the minor races. Each looked at Aoimoku as soon as he entered. However, it was then that Aoimoku noticed that Inari was not in his seat, in fact, Inari was nowhere to be seen. Aoimoku looked at each of the heads and then finally looked at Shikkan

“Shikkan-tono,” Aoimoku’s voice was low as he glared at the Shinigami, “where is Inari?”

Shikkan looked at Aoimoku with a slight frown, “His time was up Aoimoku-tono.” Aoimoku was shocked. He was sure that Inari had… He did, he still had three years before he was suppose to die. Shikkan just lied.

“Shikkan-tono,” Aoimoku voice raised to the point of shouting, “Inari told me that he was to die in three years. You are lying Shikkan-tono. Now tell me, where is Inari!?”

It was quiet for a while before the head of the angel clan said, “He is telling the truth Aoimoku-sama. We watched as a Shinigami took the soul of Inari. He is dead.” The angel looked like a female, however everyone knew that angels were genderless, with a long white dress, large white feathered wings and a yellow halo.

Aoimoku growled then turned towards Shikkan. “You ordered him killed ahead of his time!, Why!?”

“To teach you to follow our rules Aoimoku!” Shikkan yelled. “You disregarded our laws and even said you would make your own! We made those rules for a reason Aoimoku!”

“For what reason did you make those rules Shikkan!?” Aoimoku yelled back.

“To control you!” Shikkan yelled at Aoimoku as the entire council gasped.

“What?” Aoimoku asked in shock.

“You heard me Aoimoku,” Shikkan said with great anger. “Those rules were meant to control you and make it so you wouldn’t breed. Your ability to not be touched by us takes our control over the community. You are a threat to my position!”

“So the truth comes out,” the representation of the minor clans. This was General Winter the God of Winter. “I was chosen to represent the minor clans for the next six months and I’m glad I was. You can’t threaten me Shinigami, I don’t have mortal friends or lovers so I am safe from your clutch. But Aoimoku doesn’t.”

Shikkan looked at General Winter, “Yes, that is true, which is why I am going to teach him a lesson.” He turned to Aoimoku, “Aoimoku-tono, if you don’t follow our laws Hana will be the next to die.”

Aoimoku growled and said, “You know what, you touch her I will find a way to end you!”

Shikkan then yelled back, “We won’t touch her if you follow our rules!”

Aoimoku then yelled, “You mean the rules that will send me into the pits of insanity!?”

Shikkan voice got louder as he yelled, “No the rules that will keep you under control!”

Aoimoku yelled, “You know what!? I’m leaving!”

The entire council was shocked, however it was the head Griffin, Serosa, who asked the question on everyone’s mind. “Leaving?” She asked in concern, “Leaving where.”

Aoimoku turned towards her and said, “Anywhere away from this Island.” He then started to leave. However as he opened the door he turned back to Shikkan. “Hope you enjoy your time in power Shikkan, because I will eventually find a way to end you. And when I do, you will wish you never messed with me. Aoimoku then walked out the door and slammed it shut. All the torches in the room went out and plunged the council into darkness.
    Last edited by kitsune; 05-13-16 at 10:27 AM.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    Aoimoku ran from the council room and out the door of Council Tower.

I will not be controlled, Aoimoku thought as he made his way home. As soon as he got to the Kitsune Clan Compound, he rushed to his room and started to pack a bag. Shortly after, a knock was heard at the door. Aoimoku stopped and looked at the door. After a short debate, he decided to open it. To his surprise Hana and Ren where both at the door.

“Ohayoo Gozaimasu Aoimoku-sama,” Hana said with a deep bow, “Can Ren-sama and I enter your room. We would both like to talk to you.”

Aoimoku smiled and said, “Of course, Hana-chan. You and Ren-tono may enter.” Aoimoku stepped aside. He then leaned down and whispered into Hana’s ear. “And please don’t call me sama.” Hana blushed as she and Ren entered the room. Aoimoku closed the door after they were in. “To what do I have the honor of two beautiful ladies coming to see me.”

Hana blushed deeply while Aoimoku was hit over the head by Ren. “We are here for an important business! Get serious!”

Aoimoku rubbed his head as he said, “Sorry Ren-dono, I was just joking sheesh.” He then straightened up and said, “So, what did you guys need to talk about?”

Hana’s blush disappeared quickly as tears replaced the blush on her cheeks. “Is it true Aoimoku?” she whispered, sadness easily heard in her voice.

Aoimoku took her in his arms and rubbed her head and asked, “ Is what true?”

Hana looked up at Aoimoku. “Is it true that Inari-sama is dead and you are leaving?” Her voice was barely able to be heard by Aoimoku but he still heard it.

“It is Hana,” He choked out. He really didn’t want to leave but he had to. If he wanted to find a way to end Shikkan, he would have to leave the island. “Shikkan ordered Inari killed to try to prove a point. However, since he did it before Inari’s assigned death date, it was invalid. He wants to control me and everyone else on the island. I have to leave to find a way to end him and hopefully a more just Shinigami would take his place.”

Hana’s tears grew in numbers as Aoimoku spoke. Inari was loved by everyone in the Kitsune Clan and this was a huge blow to them. After a while her tears finally stopped. She looked up towards Aoimoku then said, “If what you say is true, then the Kitsune Clan will rebel against the Shinigami. The need to see they can’t control us.”

Aoimoku’s eyes hardened. “You guys will do no such thing,” he said with such authority that Hana actually flinched back and even Ren was surprised. “You are mortal and as such you have no chance at beating them. To many of you would die for no reason and the Kitsune clan could end up being completely whipped out. No instead you are to follow under them with the hope that I will return soon.” After he said that he turned to Ren, “Ren-dono, what is your purpose here?”

Ren looked Aoimoku in the eye and said, “I’m here to let you know that this island has a guardian.”
    Last edited by kitsune; 05-16-16 at 09:24 AM.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    Aoimoku looked at Ren “A guardian Ren-dono?” he asked with confusion visible on his young face

Ren nodded, “Yes Aoimoku, a guardian. More specifically a kraken.” Before Aoimoku could ask she continued to explain, “The kraken is a giant squid like creature. It sinks any ship that tries to enter or leave the island. Aoimoku-dono, before you can leave this island and find a way to kill Shikkan, you will have to defeat this kraken.”

Aoimoku looked at Ren and said, “Then I will. Thank you for the warning Ren-dono. I’ll find a way to defeat the kraken. First however, I am going to have to build a way off the island. I doubt any ship captains would be willing to take me off the island with the kraken out there.”

Ren nodded before she said, “Ok then, have a safe trip Aoimoku-dono, I hope you find what you are looking for.” She then walked out of the room and left them in peace. Aoimoku held Hana in his arms.

“I love you Hana-chan,” Aoimoku said to Hana, “I hope you stay safe while I’m away.”

“I love you too Aoimoku-sama,” Hana relied.

They stood there for a while then Aoimoku started to lean down towards Hana as she started to stand on her toes. Their lips met in the middle. As they began to make out they made their way towards Aoimoku’s futon.
    Last edited by kitsune; 05-23-16 at 10:01 AM.

GP

Name
    Kitsune Aoimoku
    Race
    Fox Spirit
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20 inches height & 30lbs
    Job
    Student

View Profile
    Aoimoku awoke the next morning with Hana in his arms. I am so happy to have finally confessed to her, he thought with a smile.

Hana began to stir in his arms. As she woke she began to subconsciously return to her fox form. Aoimoku smiled as Hana yawned before she blinked her eyes open. Aoimoku swore Hana’s Eyes looked blue the first two times that they opened but the final time they opened they were back to their normal red. She looked at Aoimoku with a grin on her snout.

“Ohayoo gozaimasu Aoimoku-kun,” Hana said with a smile.

“Ohayoo gozaimasu Hana-chan,” Aoimoku replied as kissed Hana on the head. In response Hana licked Aoimoku on the cheek.

After a few minutes, they finally got up, Aoimoku in his hybrid form and Hana in her fox form. Aoimoku then picked Hana up and carried her to his bathtub. They took a bath together. Aoimoku washed Hana’s fur then washed himself, a few kisses were exchanged between them. After the bath Aoimoku dried Hana and then he dried himself and got dressed. It was then that Hana turned back into her hybrid form.

“Please don’t go Ao-kun,” she said as she came up to him and hugged him around his waist, “I’ll miss you.”

Aoimoku wrapped her in his arms and kissed her head then said, “I’ll miss you too Hana-hime (Princess).” They stayed like that for a few minutes before they separated. Aoimoku then grabbed his bag and headed out of his room, but looked back one more time to see Hana’s bright blue eyes.

Wait, Aoimoku thought with a bit of confusion, blue eyes? Aoimoku looked back and saw Hana’s normal red. I must be going crazy, was the last thing he thought before he left his room and headed out of the compound.
    Last edited by kitsune; 06-10-16 at 11:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast