Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Shinsou’s vision was blurred from the searing pain in his right arm. The fragments of shattered bone ground so hard against the nerve endings in his wrist that his whole right hand side felt numb and it burned just to breathe. He tasted blood in his throat and there was a slow trail of sweat on his upper forehead that snaked down his skin.

How could his magic have been so strong?

The Telgradian wasn’t used to being so damaged. He had once seen himself as the uncontested master of all he saw. He had never considered himself a normal person. He never would do, either. His power alone was the measuring stick by which all other forces were measured in Telgradia. But here, on Althanas, circumstances were different. Shinsou had learned very painfully that there were far greater powers than his own. Some of them he understood, such as those of the great fire dragon Sunwing who had haunted the Twilight Mountains, and the lightning mage Storm Veritas who had helped defeat it. Others, like the undead colossus Elite Optic, he simply couldn’t wrap his head around.

The Seraph’s power fell into the former category, but what a power it was. Shinsou watched through sore eyes as Enpera Kurohitsugi’s first volley obliterated the shimmering form of his opponent, the black, pulsating shafts of the spear-like projectiles rending it from existence with a sickening crackle. A few moments afterwards, as the glistening gold and silver dust remnants of the figure drifted down to the balcony like powder snow on a winters day, Shinsou realised he could still feel that power he felt before; the throbbing, glowing source of light that attracted him to the Citadel in the first place.

The pulsating strength was like a beacon above him. It was then the Telgradian realised the form he had just defeated had only been an illusion. As he frowned, shaking his head, Shinsou deduced that the mechanics of the illusion he had experienced wouldn’t have been too different to his own Enpera Suigetsu: just standard spatial distortion magic with some illusory spellcasting. But even as the disappointment of not spotting the fake set in, the spell-blade was consoled by the knowledge that his body was in too much pain for him to be able to concentrate enough on what was and wasn’t real anyway.

“I’ve got to keep moving, I’ve got to reach him…” Shinsou decided out loud, and almost immediately regretted it. As he swung round and aimed himself towards the heart of that golden power above him, Shinsou’s right arm seized up. Pain sparked off from the centre of his wrist to his fingertips as the flesh went into spasm. Shinsou staggered and just about muffled a scream as he made it a few more steps.

You are Shinsou Vaan Osiris. Overcome it!

Shinsou’s posture went limp for a minute, before he forced himself to stand up straight again. In the haze of agony that followed, it finally registered that he was on the edge of the tower, looking up. Shinsou tucked his broken hand into its white coat sleeve. It didn't stop the shaking, but at least no-one could see it. He started walking again towards the ramp that led up a floor. The elven girl had already begun her climb towards the Seraph.

The Seraph, on the other hand, looked like he was about to come down.

I'll make him regret it if he does.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 03-23-16 at 11:34 AM.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Like a Caterpillar
    EXP: 19,347, Level: 5
    Level completed: 90%, EXP required for next level: 653
    Level completed: 90%,
    EXP required for next level: 653
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

"Its time to step things up a notch."

Ioder was well aware what had transpired to both his visages. One skewered by arrows and the other converted to nothing by some means of dark magic. While his clone following the elf had converted to raw magic and was on the attack, his other after was no match for Shinsou. It felt good to find a challenge and Ioder was ready. It hadn't been since his fight with Philomel had this place gotten him so excited.

He turned to the hallway behind him before sprinting in. He was going to head down the spiral staircase and cut the elf off. Below his rampant nebula shattered tiles as it raged towards her. It was almost as if she had froze in place not knowing what to do. And in these few second she waisted his attack made deadly contact.

Like a constrictor Ioder’s magic caught her left leg and right arm. Quickly it wrapped around her cementing her limbs to the floor and wall behind her. She was like a bug caught in a web, unable to move, only able to thrash and scream. And scream she did, it was wonderful, Ioder knew his attack was a success.

“But what about the other?” Ioder thought out loud as he made it to the top of the staircase. He could see his enemy caught and unable to move. With great quickness he looked around the room. Broken tile lay everywhere ripped from the walls and floor. Two large trenches marked the pathes his attack took. The elf was as good as dead, but Ioder knew this would be an excellent opportunity to ambush the spellblade. If he wasn't already lurking about of course.

He took a few steps down towards the elf, signing again with his free hand. Some of his magic moved as he did, skulking up towards the elfs screaming maw silencing her. Now he could think, his best bet would be to use higher ground to his advantage. If this spellblade was as smart as Ioder is giving him credit. He is aware that he maybe able to nullify his attacks and will probably try this again. So it sword play would be how they decided this.

Ioder drew Alessia once more from her sheath, her opal blade untarnished and pristine. She had been with him for some time now, a present from Estelle, his once love. It was his only reminder of her, even this sometimes can’t jog his memory. He waved it above his head in a crescent before stepping off the stairs into the air. With a few more paces he stood suspened in place centered in the room.

It shouldn't be long until his final opponent was here.

Antheruin has been skipped, and put into a very sticky situation. For all intents and purposes she is out of the fight, less she contacts me otherwise. 1 use of Angelic Wraith. Shin I suppose we should end this, im waiting on you.
    There will be blood.

(09:19:09) Max_Dirks: (whispers) nah I've read your stuff, you're trash like an emerald isn't a ruby

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Behind Shinsou’s head, the enigmatic portal created by Enpera Kurohitsugi slowly pulsed dark rings of excess energy tinted with wisps of marbled purple and black smoke. The conjured abyssal spears floated still within the rift in reality, wreathed with amethyst arcs of Telgradian life-force as they awaited their next command. As he began his movement towards the outer ramp, his white greatcoat sailing in the wind behind him and his crippled right arm nestled within the makeshift sling of his sleeve, Shinsou could feel a pulsating kaleidoscope of powers above him. Ambient arcane energies surged like adrenaline in the pit of his stomach and left a taste of ionised metal on his tongue. Beginning his ascent up the staircase, the aura of the one he guessed belonged to the elven girl suddenly faded above him to his right, dimming and ebbing out of his focus and into icy shadow.

She must have been defeated. Just me and the winged one left, then.

Energy from Enpera Kurohitsugi still flowed through his body. The hot, thick air pushed out of the void hovering above and behind him clung to his skin like rubber, making the climb up the white marble staircase seem agonizingly slow. Shinsou, sweat traveling in rivulets down his cheeks, knew that the seraph would be waiting for him. He calculated the trajectories of the remaining ten spears and the exact point where they would collide with his opponent should he be foolish enough to attempt an ambush on the climb up.

The Telgradian was surprised that the glowing mass of power where he knew the seraph to be didn’t move an inch upon his approach to the landing on the floor above. As Shinsou’s golden eyes finally leveled with the new floor, he surveyed his new, and final, surroundings. The lay-out of this section of the tower was similar to several of the other rooms in the complex; high, narrow windows of plain glass that alternated with pillars standing either side. The majority of the room was dark with the lack of any background or natural light, due to the tower’s chamber facing south whilst the sun’s crest hung high in the blue sky. Under the windows, tucked into coves far into the walls, were strange pedestals that contained rows of lighted, scented candles. Shinsou couldn’t help notice that this particular room was bigger, and more disquieting, than any other part of the main building.

It was then, as he cast his gaze down, he saw the seraph in the centre of the room, levitating. His sword was drawn. The power Shinsou now sensed from his opponent had become almost like a viscous liquid, thick but flowing. Shinsou stopped, brushing a thread of chestnut brown hair from his face, his golden eyes steeled onto the hovering form of the winged one ahead of him whilst his ten remaining celestial dark matter spears suddenly began to tremble. Shinsou knew his dark matter magic well. He had spent years mastering its form, its physics and his control over it. The projectiles that Enpera Kurohitsugi spawned conformed to the same basic rules as the singular dark matter he would sometimes use to create tools or weapons, and as the Telgradian looked upon his opponent he realized his intentions were to finish this fight in close combat. One arm simply wouldn’t cut it in such a fight, so it was then that Shinsou had an idea.

“I see you dealt with the girl,” The Telgradian said, closing his eyes and gesturing in the vicinity of the rafters and the coves. “So now we can conclude our business here uninterrupted. Usually, it goes against my nature to dismiss a window of opportunity to kill an opponent, but here in the Citadel the cycle of life and death is infinite. What would it matter?” The Telgradian started, “Right now, if I wished it, I could unleash Enpera Kurohitsugi’s full potential on you and obliterate you into atoms. What would it prove, though? Tomorrow we would be resurrected again, and the process would continue on and on. However, fighting someone with your power is a rare opportunity indeed, one that I find too good not to savour until the very end.”

As he finished his sentence, five of the remaining ten projectiles floated out of the portal. They suddenly melded together to form a single sheet of dark matter, which in turn moulded around Shinsou’s crushed right arm like a splint. From the cuff of his shoulder to the tips of his fingers, the dark matter enveloped his limb in marbled hues of black and purple, lattices of purple electricity sparking out from the surface. It was crude, but it would be enough to restore mobility to the arm to use it. Shinsou quickly switched Enpera into his right hand, the five remaining spears of Enpera Kurohitsugi remaining stoic within the void behind him.

“Your magic is commendable indeed, winged one. I could feel the power flowing through it as it crushed my arm. Now, come at me with everything you have so I can show you what I am capable of!”
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 03-30-16 at 10:32 AM.

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Like a Caterpillar
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

Ioder smiled as Shinsou talked to him, his use of dark magic was interesting. He was well versed with his art, Ioder could see the many years he must have out into the craft. He was obvious meticulous in his choice of magic and that must transfer into the rest of his personality. A quick splint was a wild card, one Ioder appreciated.

Flattery got you everywhere when dealing go with the Soul Broker. That wasn't something the Telgrundian could have known but it seems fate brought these two together. He was mighty with magic and quick with his tongue. One last test would determine if he was worthy an invitation into Ioder’s ranks. It would come down to his skill and endurance with his sword.

“You think it would be as easy as waving your sword to extinguish me?” he said breaking his silence. “You would make for a great jester for my court. That is truly hilarious.” Ioder took a few defending steps towards Shinsou, as if he were taking stairs. He made no threatening gestures as to start their clash so abruptly. “But you have impressed me with your quick work with my visage. The same can't be said about the elf,” he pointed. She was squirming trying to break free from his clutches. He eyed her forcing his magic to constrict harder around her mouth.

“And all that said I have a proposition for you. Show me everything you have, show me your spirit. I am raising a force worthy of changing this world, for better or worse, and I'm seeking those deserving on my ranks.” he finished as his feet touched the ground. The time for talk was over so he flashed his blade. With a mere two strides Ioder and his vicious blade drew in close to the Telgrundian.

His plan was simple stay close an personal, keeping him on his toes. Don't give him even a second to rest on. He held his blade in both hands down and low to the ground. He moved his white wings in front of his chest hiding his shoulder and arms. His reflexes were Sharper than any average human, so his attack was swift.

He brought his blade upwards in a half crescent sharp edge out with intention to kill. In conjunction he brought his knee up to add to his assault. In the wake of his slash tiny fractals of his nebula.we left glimmering in the light. His magic was ever present ready to guard him from a surprise attack.

“Show me something!” he hissed baring his mouth full of razor sharp fangs. His entire face seemingly changed as did his attire. His garments sheo their illusion and beneath his true form peaked through. His coat now blue as his hair, eyes golden and a Spanish style deuling hat graced his head. His wings turned dragon like in nature, he wasn't playing any longer.
    Last edited by Ioder; 03-30-16 at 07:45 PM.
    There will be blood.

(09:19:09) Max_Dirks: (whispers) nah I've read your stuff, you're trash like an emerald isn't a ruby

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    “You think it would be as easy as waving your sword to extinguish me? You would make for a great jester for my court. That is truly hilarious."

The seraph’s words struck a nerve. It wasn’t so much the bold arrogance in his tone as it was the insult to his intelligence that Shinsou took issue with. The Telgradian’s expression morphed with surprise, before bending into a frown.

“And all that said I have a proposition for you. Show me everything you have, show me your spirit. I am raising a force worthy of changing this world, for better or worse, and I'm seeking those deserving on my ranks.”

The apparent offer of joining the warrior’s ranks could wait until he had dealt with this insolence.

Do you honestly think I would come rushing at you, naively swinging my sword around without a plan? Perhaps I over-estimated you, or you just under-estimate what I can do. Either way, I can’t let such a throwaway insult go unpunished.

The seraph closed Shinsou down with two quick and perfectly timed steps in the middle of the room, seemingly blurring between the rows of the white stone pillars. The Telgradian, though injured as he was and slightly impaired by his makeshift arm, was still under the effect of Enpera Hitsugi’s agility enhancing ability but even with that power lingering around him Shinsou could only match the speed at which his opponent ferociously descended upon him. His golden eyes watched carefully as the winged swordsman curled his white, angelic wings around his chest, hiding the blade until the last moment.

Where is it?!

Alessa’s razor sharp edge suddenly carved an arc from the floor upwards. The swing was much quicker and lower than Shinsou had been expecting, and as he tried to back-peddle to avoid the blow, the seraph’s knee caught him off guard. As he received the harsh blow from the swordsman’s solid kneecap to his left leg, the curved, polished sword’s tip bit into his left thigh’s flesh and left a three inch fissure of bloodied, puckered tissue in its wake. His grip was so tight around Enpera’s guard from the surge of burning pain that Shinsou felt his broken arm jar with the recoil of their colliding blades as the two weapons barely met at waist height. Alessa’s edge was now stained with the Telgradian’s blood, and a shrill metallic pang rang out as the edge of Enpera momentarily held fast against its counterpart.

Trying to break through the pain barrier, the Telgradian pressed his weight towards into the lower half of his blade. The seraph was strong, and his leg hurt, but all Shinsou needed to do was to keep the winged warrior’s blade from moving further. The seraph had already committed to a double handed assault, and with both hands resting on his blade’s hilt, Shinsou realised an opportunity now presented itself to the former Emperor for some retaliation. He watched on as the winged warrior’s attire changed and he took on an almost draconian look, something both frightening and intriguing to behold.

“Did you think…” Shinsou hissed through gritted teeth, his pearl white incisors bared as he retorted his opponent’s earlier insult, “…that it would be as easy as swinging your sword and changing your appearance to beat me?”

The Telgradian flicked his head back, lifting strands of sweat soaked hair out of his face, whilst his right arm remained locked against the seraph’s sword. Extending his left hand out, one of the five remaining spears from Enpera Kurohitsugi’s void instantly responded to its master’s call and flew into his grip. Its form suddenly twisted and amalgamated into a double edged blade of jet black dark matter, ninety centimetres in length and swathed in amethyst electricity. The Telgradian, with Enpera grinding against Alessa’s bloodstained edge, suddenly grunted and swung the dark matter blade in a horizontal arc towards the seraph’s midriff with all of his strength with his left hand.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 03-31-16 at 07:06 AM.

Like a Caterpillar
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

He gritted his razor sharp fangs as his blade sliced through the Telgrudian’s leg only to be caught on it's upswing. It appeared that Shinsou was upping his game a bit. In one fluid motion he drew forth the power of his shadowmancy once more to conjure a blade in his free hand. Ioder could only watch as his opponent pulled yet another wild card from his sleeve.

He had but a mere second to prepaid himself, luckily that's all it would take. As Shinsou swung with all his might and Ioder’s midriff his skin reflected the light cascading in. This was his trump card, a thin layer or his magic condensed just centimeters off his flesh. It was ever present throughout the fight yet only when need does it appear. Upon impact his armor shattered like glass forcing Ioder to stumble to his left a few steps.

For a moment it seemed as if his skin started to crack up the length of his draconic form. Each piece falling from him but otherwise fine, minus some bruising and being a bit fatigued. And as quickly as it broke, his armor began to reasemple itself until he was once more covered seemlessly. He left one hand on Alessia and the other to cauddle his side.

“Very good, but I won't let that happen again.” he grunted before strinding forward once more. As he did his mighty wings gave one flap before resting at ease on his back. His side had suffered some blunt force and it shot pains through his gut and left hip, this would hinder him but only slightly. From his maw a steady stream of radiating mist exited collecting in a fog around him, he wouldn't let Shinsou hit him again. “I knew you we're talented, you've shown me that, now prove your worth, put me in a corner.”

Now one handed Ioder could only swing his blade with a moderate force but her enchantment made her more than deadly. He could see the tension on his opponents face as he closed in tight ready to strike again. Leaning in on his right heel Ioder leap up and over Shinsou spiraling with his blade tucked in tightly to his chest. His magic swirled around him until his dominate foot touched the ground now behind the man. Then with all the swiftness he could manage Ioder jerked his wrist out and to the side slashing as the man in his own midriff. This attack would be capable of bisecting him near effortlessly.
    There will be blood.

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Shinsou watched on as the seraph’s draconic exterior received the dark matter strike. The black skin shimmered momentarily before shattering like glass all the way up the length of the warrior’s body. The phantasmal blade of shadow energy exploded into purple dust as the strike connected. But then something happened that defied the Telgradian’s belief. The shrouded tower chambers spread before him, he watched as his opponent’s scaly skin seemed to peel away and then heal. As this happened, Shinsou sensed a change in the frequency and behaviour in the strong magic source ahead of him. The previously static core of warm energy was now being overlaid with a pulsating amalgamation of power, surging like electricity over the man’s body. It didn’t take Shinsou very long to figure out what was happening.

There’s some sort of barrier or armour there protecting him. It’s probably too strong for Enpera to pierce judging by its makeup. What the hell have I gotten myself involved in here? But…wait. this magic feels similar to that of the illusion I destroyed before. Perhaps…

“I knew you we're talented, you've shown me that, now prove your worth, put me in a corner.” His train of thought was interrupted by yet more of the seraph’s words. The aura of the one he would come to know as Ioder flared brighter. Quickly the winged one leapt over the Telgradian, his blade tucked tightly to his chest, and landed concisely on his right foot. In a flash, the seraph snapped out his arm, bringing his blade in round in a mighty arc.

Not this time!

Smouldering incense wafted in his nose as the Telgradian’s dark matter smothered arm roared into action, bringing Enpera to bear. Shadows shuddered beneath the flickering light of the candles as the two swords once again collided, an ear-splitting crash of metal echoing throughout the chamber. A maelstrom of silence followed before the thunderous cacophony of grinding blades resonated through Shinsou’s ears. His leg wound pained him. His crushed arm, though mobile at least, throbbed with searing pain. But then his mind settled. Before the winged warrior had interrupted his thought process, the Telgradian had concocted a plan. Words of power slipped past his lips.

“Enpera Kurohitsugi!”

Still protruding from the abyss of darkness behind him were four thin, dangerous spears of dark matter, all now aimed at the hazy draconian form of the seraph in front of Shinsou’s eyes. There was a couple of feet between them, at most, and their blades were still locked together. The spears had all hung there with an ethereal hum as they waited for the order to attack. Everything was perfect. Without even having to motion, Shinsou commanded the assault with everything he had. They shot out of the portal and wildly tore towards their intended recipient, forks of blue and purple electricity ripping at the seared air around them and scorching both the skin on Shinsou’s neck and the surface of the white marble floor beneath them as they travelled.

Like a Caterpillar
    GP

Name
    Ioder (Haven)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8
    Job
    Just a regular guy

Without a second to spare Ioder over extended his two mighty wings to cover his head and chest as Shinsou’s attack barreled forth. Just as it seemed he had the upper hand the tide of this fight turned and Iodee was in trouble. In an instance the four spears of necro energy pierced his flesh like javelins. Blood and sweat splattered wildly as Ioder took all four attacks near head on. Two of the spears found themselves deep in Ioder’s left shoulder and bicep while the others lodged in his right wing.

“Fuck!” Ioder yelled in pain, blood flowing from him in light trickles. He had to disengage, it appeared that the Telgrundian was just the man he was looking for. While Ioder was injured greatly he was far from done. He brought his knee up to his chest before using it to kick himself out of their deadly clash. “Your good, just what I'm looking for.”

After regaining his bearings Ioder staggered back a few steps, his eyes never leaving the spellblade before him. With a quick flick of his right wrist the glass screen that shielded him before glistened as it repairs itself against his skin. Previously he made a conscious choice to leave this defense down to allow Shinsou to show his power. But now it was his turn. Simultaneously the same eerie cloud of white haze clouded around Ioder once more.

In the midst of the fight Ioder had accumulated sever wounds to his left side, and his stance showed it. He was clearly favoring his right leg and arm assuming a defensive stance. He held his blade parallel over his head with the tip facing the man. This was his perfect defence, not a soul has pieced it in a number of years. Sweat and blood still trickling from his shoulder. The two both seemed tired, it was very clear the end was near.

“It's been a long time since if fought against anyone worth a damn, and someone who so easily utilizes such void drawing magic is exciting.” Ioder said coughing in interval between. “Before I mentioned and army, I lead a nation without borders, I'm seeking a general that is capable of controlling hundreds of men.”

Shinsou seemed interested by the prospect.

“With that last attack you've proven yourself to me as able, but are you willing?” Ioder spoke cryptically, everything was a test. “One last time, clash with me one last time and you will be my ally, my equal, my general.” Ioder said awaiting a response from Shinsou.
    There will be blood.

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Shinsou had dealt big damage to the seraph with the remainder of his Enpera Kurohitsugi spears and yet the blood spattered face of the man he would come to know as Ioder lacked any discernible fear for his life. If anything, despite the horrific wounds the winged warrior had suffered and the fatigue he now seemed to be suffering from, he had become more resolute. For a moment, it stunned the Telgradian to see such determination for a man in such a state. His own injuries were taking their toll, and for a moment Shinsou was worried his next attack would be his last, but then he remembered where they were. This was the Citadel, a place where fear, remorse, or pity clearly didn’t have a place in the wake of the honeyed and endless restoration process. He had gotten so carried away and so lost in the moment that for once the Telgradian had felt as if he were fighting for his life. Ioder’s magic was swift and terrible; his wrath and capabilities clearly as obscene as the potency of his soul.

It had been a glorious fight, a true test of Shinsou’s powers and now it was time to bring the curtain down on the encounter. The Telgradian struggled to catch his breath and his heart pounded from the pain of his arm as he held the blade level with the seraph’s head, a meter or so away. Tiredness was creeping in and he could feel his grip on Enpera wavering a little.

Then, once again, the offer came; an offer to join a nation without borders, a force to be reckoned with. A group that would offer him the power and protection he needed.

The fleeting consideration danced through Shinsou’s mind. Perhaps it was the excitement of the battle of wits between these two stalwarts that favoured the Telgradian’s decision in the affirmative, but any justification for it at all simply boiled down to one of reality; the reality that Shinsou Vaan Osiris needed the power against the forces of his home planet who sought to kill him and everyone else around him like dogs. In that moment, for that reason, the Telgradian was desperate to make use of that which had been offered.

“If you kill me here, or if I somehow kill you,” the Telgradian stuttered through pained breaths, “then find me in Radasanth…and we’ll talk…”

Without even having to motion, Shinsou commanded a final dark matter blade to his side. He was so tired that it manifested wildly within the Telgradian’s open grip, forks of blue and purple electricity ripping at his flesh and searing the skin of his palm. Shinsou’s features were gaunt and frail, almost as if something had leeched the life from his body, and his chest rose and fell harshly. With the last of his energy, the former emperor thrust the dark blade forward, the tip aimed in the centre of Ioder’s skull.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 04-20-16 at 07:16 AM.

EXP: 750, Level: 1
    Level completed: 38%, EXP required for next level: 1,250
    Level completed: 38%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,250
    GP

Name
    Antheruin
    one hundred and thirty five years ( Appears to be in her late 20s to early 30s)
    Race
    Raiaeran Elf
    Hair Color
    Leaf brown
    Eye Color
    Blue-green
    Build
    6'1, 171 LBS
    Job
    Captain of the 3rd Company of foot Raiaeran Guard

View Profile
    My mistake was uncertainty.

I was uncertain exactly what magic was being flung at me, and was uncertain how to counter it. Still the way it imprisoned me worked to my advantage in the end. The spell was like a web of steel, crushing against muscle and bone as it pinned my opposing limbs to the wall behind me. Old wounds not wholly healed screamed their complaints. I could have moved through them, have merely gritted my teeth and pressed on, as I had done countless times during the Corpse War, but that wasn’t the most prudent course of action, it wasn’t what the mind I was linked to wanted.

I screamed.

I put all the old memories of agony into it so that my shrieks echoed back at me from the marble. Thank the Thayne I didn’t have to do it for long; I would have gotten board of it after a while.

Besides not having to keep it up made it a lot easier to listen.

I had to admit, if only to myself, it was a good recruitment policy, test your officers in mock combat to determine their worth. Well, technically this was very much real, save for the fact that it had no permanent consequence. Yes, it was a good policy, and with the only difference being that this was in the Citadel and thus slaves to its rules; it was the exact policy I had used in officer selection. A lesser version to be sure, as blunted weapons replaced live ones and bardic healers replaced the monks.

It was also one test among many, used in officer selection and not a determinant in its own right. The only question was, did the ‘Winged one’ know this fact?

Good fighters did not always make for good commanders after all.

Now, to see about my release from this prison that the ‘Winged one’ had put me in. That wouldn’t be too hard, all I had to do is simply increase his current emotional state, that I was of no consequence and utterly out of the fight and he could concentrate on the swordmage. There was a distinct advantage in manipulating emotions, even if it didn’t have the punch of arcane potential or its optical flare.

I could feel the energies holding me in place starting to weaken, soon, very soon, both men would be in for a surprise.
    My characters:
    Antheruin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast