Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile

Trash

It'd been a long day at work. The stress and stupidity of the day-to-day mundane pulled taught at my last nerve. Five O'clock rolled over in the corner of my peripheral and shot a trio of tingles down my spine. Work was over.

"I'm out of here," I stated (nearly shouted) at the street contractor across my desk.

"Excuse me?" he replied with a delicious expression of confusion and shock on his face.

"Day's over." I grabbed my keys and pushed away from my desk. "You'll have to come back in the morning." My expression was flat. Lifeless.

"We were in the middle of--!"

I cut him off.

"We were in the middle of a business discussion. Business closes at five. Get out." I bent over to pick up my backpack, military grade (the kind you see in the holo vids of the war), when I heard what was most likely his fists on my desk. My body calmly froze in place, fingers pinched around one of the zipper tabs and eyes locked on the dull object within the darkness of the bag.

"How dare you treat a customer like like this!" He shouted. I had forgot his name, they were all the same to me. Pompous, arrogant, and self-centered ass hats that would sooner slit your throat than extend common courtesy. Quite literally in this part of town.

Click-Clack!

I turned around with gun in hand and fingered the safety off. That little red dot that meant business was clear to see from the view opposing the barrel. It certainly shut him up.

"I believe I asked you to leave." My piercing green gaze drilled holes through his sockets and out the back of his head - much like my bullets would do if he was dense enough to ignore the warning. Luckily (... or unfortunately), he shot his hands up with empty palms and focused all his attention at the steady barrel lined up on his forehead.

"Go. Now." I barked with a wave of the gun toward the door. His deer in headlight expression failed to register the situation. Either he couldn't process the idea of a threat of violence in this day and age, or he was just as stupid as the general populous and their precious social media.

CRACK! SHATTER!

The sound of gunfire was familiar to me, but every time one went off this close without ear plugs, I couldn't help but wince. A soft ringing ensued, followed by the sound of footsteps scrambling to gain traction on the stained and dusty carpet of my office. Glass chimed as fragments continued to break off and splash into the pile in the main lobby. I half expected to hear screams or wide eyes of my co-workers looking through the door. Not today. Perks of being the last one in the building, I suppose.

[Notification of Law Broken. Police Deployed. Broadcasting Location.]

The iCom device interlaced with my neural system flashed a warning. Lucky for me, I still wore an older firmware version. Newer models paralyzed offenders on site and dramatically lowered crime since the early 2050's. Updates to the firmware and hardware were free of charge but had... interesting side effects. I opted out of it, just as over 300,000 signed petitioners had done and won the court case to prevent it from being mandatory.

"Fuck..." I sighed while I lowered the warm muzzle of my firearm. Yep, today was that day.

I finally snapped.
    Last edited by Lye; 05-05-16 at 08:58 AM.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous