Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Depths of Death (closed to Qadira)

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Vince swung his sword with all the fury and grace of his predecessors in combatting this ancient beast. His blade glinted in the dim light of his orb as he hacked and slashed at the unyielding beast before him. Each strike dug into the corpses like a warm knife through butter, but after each brutal blow no blood was spilt, and not a single gash remained on the foul horror before him. Each wound seemed to seal behind his blade, causing each strike to be more futile than the last. The red eyed undead seemed to cackle with each strike, as if they were ammused by the amature flailing of the young man before him.

Grunting, Vince took a step back and evaluated his options. It seemed like he would have to run, not a single strike was sounding true, and it seemed like this beast was nigh invulnerable.

That’s when the second hand smashed through the wall behind him, blocking his way back.

“FUCKING LOVELY.” Vincent roared. The two meaty appendages seemed to be closing in on him, tearing up the wall as they did so. Vincent’s sapphire eyes darted from danger to danger, looking for a way out, and that’s when he did something incredibly stupid.

Roaring, he charged into the first hand blocking his path to the orb. His blade danced with incredible speed, and with dexterity he thought he could never obtain, he sliced his way through the hand. He pushed through the dreadful mirk and mire that was the creatures essence, but Vince pushed through. As he took his first step past the hand, he made a mad dash for his orb. Scooping it up in one hand, he turned back to face the beast. The “lead” tendril jutting from the elbow turned and cocked its head to the side, it’s jaw hanging open agast. Grinning, Vincent dropped his blade, watching as it flashed from existence once it clattered to the ground.

“Guess we’ll have to leave this up for round two!” Vince grunted. The “leadr” cackled and the arm swung at him. Without hesitating, Vincent barreled right into the blow, and the moment it seemed like it would hit him, he vanished into a cloud of sparks, only to reappear well out of the reach of the other hand, sprinting towards the exit. He closed his eye and began to mutter under his breath. He imagined the soft crackling of the eternal fire in his hearth back home. He could feel the plush carpet beneath his toes, he could feel the soft leather of his favorite chair. He could taste the sweet burn of his favorite brandy. He cleared the stairs and leapt over Qadira, the loud thump thump thumping of his foe behind him. He wrenched his eyes open and splayed his free hand out, shooting a spark of energy out before him, tearing a rift in reality. He snapped and the orb vanished from his fingers, and his free hand scooped Qadira into the air. The two flew through the air, and into the portal. The beast roaring behind them as they did so. The two found themselves flung into a dimly lit room. The soft crackle of a fire filled the air.

They were safe…

“You know you should really ask before picking someone off the ground!” Qadira huffed. Vince stared at the young woman lying on the floor next to him and rolled his eyes, a deep sigh escaping his lips.

“Well Excuuuuuse me, Princess.”
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    Thread: The Depths of Death
    Participants: Cards of Fate & Qadira
    Type: Workshop

Congratulations!

Cards of Fate receives 2,635 EXP and 255 GP.
    Qadira receives 1,430 EXP and 145 GP.

Qadira receives the following spoils: A pair of worn and weathered magim beast boots seemingly lost to time. The knee high boots fit well, but the leather is peeling in various places and it's well worn. It's style was all the rage way back when in the courts of Eluriand.
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    All rewards have been added!
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345