Dark crystal blue
    Build
    5'5 and around 125 pounds
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile

The Little Bird that Could.

Solo
    The sky was peppered with gray clouds, the sound of thunder threatening the passers by that at any moment it would release the rain. Spring had come and gone in a blink of an eye and things grew wildly as the Summer months began rolling in. The markets grew with more business and merchants setting up shops, the tide rolling in carrying ships with a plethora of goods. The air was thick with the smell of rain as people hurried, some calling out to loved ones other shop keeps calling out prices and how this item is better than this persons. The on coming storm didn't deter the City of Concordia, the show must go on and so it did.

A small petite framed girl shimmied in and out of the busy traffic of the town, a large direwolf in foot. The cloak shielding her body from view along with the hood of the coat casting a shadow over her face. Deep breath in, deep breath out and keep moving. The soft chanting in her mind kept her feet moving forward as she cradled her violin case in one hand and her satchel over her opposite shoulder. Dipping in and out of alley ways, bobbing and weaving through the sea of bodies until they slowly started to thin out. Finally breaking out of the barrier of bodies in the market place the young woman was able to continue towards her destination. She glanced back towards the large almost white and calico colored direwolf to make sure her dear companion was close in toe.

A sigh of relief was heard as she made it to the small make shift field where the kids would play, a sad smile creasing her face as she thought of her younger years playing dragons and princesses. Shaking it off the memory came and went like the breeze slowly starting to pick up. Scurrying under the make shift shelter that some people from the city had built to shield you from the suns brutal heat she sat on a bench. As if time was on her side the heavens then let the rain fall, pouring down in large amounts washing over everything. Off in the distance squealing could be heard from the market place most likely from kids and wealthy woman both offering different thoughts on being caught in the rain.

Pushing back her cloaks hood to reveal a head with bright fiery red locks that flowed seamlessly down to her shoulders. Her bright storm like blue eyes were slightly large and doe like making her appearance as innocent as she was. Chewing on her plush lower lip she untied her cloak letting it fall to her feet, a pool of dark blue fabric. A Simple sun dress with a floral pattern covered her small curved frame as black strappy sandals complimented her dainty feet. Setting down her satchel and violin case she opened it up seeing her name engraved on the inside. A gentle smile danced across her lips as she let her finger tips softly graze the words. McKinley JoAnne Parish.

Taking out her prized possession with as much care as handling a new born infant, stroking the oak wood before cradling it against her chin and left shoulder. The bow came next as she tested the tune, slightly tweaking the tightness of the cords here and there before she nodded with satisfaction. Nymeria, her direwolf laid next to her feet closing her eyes a sort of peacefulness overcoming the large beast. The melody that drifted out of the instrument was smooth and silky, slowly Kinley started to hum along with the melody. The tune itself was full and wholesome, any one could easily conduct a ballroom dance to the music that she let flow threw her finger tips and soon she was twirling whilst humming and playing a look of shire peace on her freckled face.
    Last edited by loves.blessing.; 06-09-16 at 05:53 PM.

EXP: 3,960, Level: 2
    Level completed: 66%, EXP required for next level: 1,040
    Level completed: 66%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,040
    GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    The music seemed to flow straight out of her soul into her finger tips, across the strings and out into the open. A small light sound of laughter parted her smiling lips. The dancing didn't come to a halt when her melody picked up the tempo speeding up slightly. The large direwolf's head peaked up, tilting to the side with question. After a few more moments of dancing and parading around like a mad woman McKinley sat back on the bench huffing and a puffing. Her cheeks flushed with a soft hint of red almost matching her hair, setting the instrument back in the case she leaned back enjoying the mist that was coming from the rain. Nymeria started to growl, the hair on her back standing up in a threatening manor as she sat low to the ground ready to pounce. The red head looked around confused for a moment before her eyes found a figure standing in the middle of the field in the pouring down rain. Kinley's body tensed, her breath hitched as the mysterious figure walked closer, quickly closing the distance.

Nymeria was ready to pounce but the trembling hand that the maiden held up stopped her in her tracks. The she-wolf licked her chops revealing pearly white, sharp canines. The stranger drew closer revealing a scruffy looking man, he had a five o'clock shadow, large scar across his face starting from the left side at the forehead and ending at the right side of his jaw. Aging had not been kind to him, his skin lined with wrinkles and looked like leather. He looked as if he hadn't missed a meal or maybe ale in sometime with the round belly he was sporting. Nymeria circled Kinley standing in front of her so that if the strange man tried anything she could get to him first. "Down pup I only come with a message for the lady." His voice filled the small space between them as he held out a piece of parchment paper to the girl.

"Fr- from who?"

Her voice small and timid as she, shrugging he thrusted the paper towards her again, his face laced with annoyance. "I don't know I was paid to deliver this message so that's what I am bloody well doing!" Flinching back at his sharp tone she snatched the paper quickly out of his hand still eyeing him. He mumbled something under his breath and hurried off as fast as his round figure would allow him too. Glancing down at Nym Kinley took a shaky breath before opening the piece of paper.

Meet me at the Weeping Willow Tavern at dusk. We have much to discuss.

Turning the paper over and over McKinley searched to see if it had a name, well it did just simply her's scribbled up at the top but other than that there was no signature. Looking down at Nymeria she chewed on her lower lip, fingers still fidgeting with the piece of paper. "Well I guess we should head there soon than Nym.."

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    With much heist McKinley pack up her things drawing the cloak back over her petite form. Giving a curt nod towards Nymeria they set off into the eye of the storm. It was as if the Gods themselves were trying to warn the fiery haired maiden by the way the storm grew with anger. The winds whipped harshly against her freckled cheeks as the rain seemed to dump buckets upon buckets of water heavily on her. It took her twice the time than normal to drop her belongings off at Inn she had kind of been living in. Slipping into something more comfortable she picked simple black pants, combat boots and a white sweater with a new jacket that would repel the rain. Walking out of the in she set back on her journey to the Weeping Willow Tavern.

Who would send me a message and not sign it.. Maybe it was John or Renren I haven't seen them in a while. Could it have been Logan checking on me?

The questions seemed to rotate in her mind like a windmill during a breezy day. Her brow set deep in determination as she walked against the wicked current of the wind. Her face set in an unnatural scowl, wrapping her arms around her small frame to hold the warmth in against the storm. The harsh wind some times taking the breath right out her as it slammed against her body. The sound of the wind howling in Kinley's and the tears brimming in her eyes were enough to push her to move faster. Glancing at the fork in the road, one taking the long route through the city the other cutting through the small forest that ran along the out skirts of Concordia. Glancing at Nymeria they both took off darting towards the wooded path.

Slowing their pace as the storm wasn't so harsh with the forest taking the brunt of it. "We will be there soon Nym, I will get you a hot bowl of broth to warm you up when we get there I promise!" The direwolf yipped in response as they walked deeper into the woods. They walked for what seemed like an eternity until they saw the lights of the Tavern in the distance. Though Kinley was a bit nervous about the cryptic message she was also excited with the assumption it was just one of her dear friends. A small smile spread across her face as she could already smell the bowl of stew she was going to indulge in. "Well if it isn't the little bird that could," in that single moment everything seem to stop abruptly. Turning towards the way the voice had came out step a man McKinley had thought she had been free of long ago.

"Joel..."

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    "Joel..."

McKinley's breath hitched lodged in her throat as she struggled to breathe, the man drew closer. "My, my little bird you look lovely as ever," licking his lips as if she was a juicy piece of meat he was going to devour. Frozen she couldn't take her eyes off of him, he looked the same after almost a year he hadn't changed. His face was still handsome, his bright green eyes, his soft pink lips and his deep brown hair that reminded her of the soil beneath her feet. Circling her like the predator he was, she could feel his hot breath against her neck. A cold chill racked down her spine as she closed her eyes a moment hoping it was all a bad dream.

Gripping her chin tightly like he used to she got a flash back of when he first cuffed her too the bed in his chambers. "Open your eyes McKinley." Trying to shake her head no, she refused to be that poor helpless thing she was before. "Now!" His voice boomed like a loud clap of thunder causing her ears to ring. Gasping with shock she opened her eyes to look at him, he had a sick sinister grin on his face. Her stomach turned threatening to empty out any contents that remained in there.

"You left me, you stabbed me and left me on the night we were suppose to give ourselves to one another.."

McKinley's mind was whirling as she was forced back to that night where she gained her freedom or so she thought.

~
    "It's a full moon tonight, I told you that the next full moon we would bed and you would be mine! Mind, body and soul!" His words were harsh like a dagger lodged deep into her belly being twisted. McKinley whimpered slightly cowering in his presence, soon after his laughter filled the room before he slammed the door shut. She was going to loose the one thing that she still had after the two years of hell and than they would have taken everything from her.

That night as the moon sat high in the sky Joel entered his room, drunk from the wine he had indulged in. Ripping her white night gown and kissing on her body. Holding back the cries knowing it would only fuel him to continue she laid there as still as possible. "Kiss me," Kinley laid there, still as a corpse. "Kiss me now!" He demanded grabbing her neck, slightly cutting off her air way as he pushed his lips roughly against her own. The back of his hand met her cheek leaving what felt like a thousand needles in it's place, a small whimper coming from her. "I am going to fuck you and you are going to enjoy it little bird." His hot breath stunk of wine and cigar smoke making her want to puke and her heart sink at his words.

"Plea- please no, Master..."

His grip tightening on her neck as she new if she blacked out he would still have his way with her. Reaching over at the night stand for the letter opener he had forgotten to take with him earlier. Little black dots danced in her vision as if they were fire flies warning her she was about to loose consciousness. Finally she felt the metal against her finger tips gripping it tightly she shoved it in between his rib cage. He howled with pain while he was distracted she grabbed the keys for her chains unchaining herself from the bed and fleeing for her life.

~
    Shaking her head Kinley looked at the man as he grinned at her stroking her cheek softly. "I am going to make you pay for leaving me little bird."

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    A harsh growl drew Joel's attention to the calico colored dire wolf that was hunched down in a defense stance. "Well looky here a mutt, got yourself a guard dog did you, McKinley?" His tone laced with interest and amusement as he eyed Nymeria. "Leave her alone." The statement was short but held as much authority as she could muster up. It worked, drawing his attention from the wolf back to her he dropped his hand from her face slowly, starting to circle her like the prey she was to him. "Excuse me?" His voice close to her ear causing shivers to rake down her spine, "what did you say?"

"Leave her alone!"

Thwack!

It happened so quickly she didn't even know what happened until it was too late. Her cheek felt as if it was on fire and the taste of coppery blood filled her mouth. Joel stood there his dark eyes filled with angry as he still held his hand up to hit her again. The bridge of her nose burned, her eyes stung with tears as she craddled her throbbing cheek. "I don't believe you remember who I am to you!" He barked at her inching closer to her face as she tried to scoot away. A small strangled sob left her lips as she motioned for Nym to go hide, Joel was a monster and very jealous he would skin her companion just for Kinley loving her. The wolf whimpered slightly in protest before she dashed off into the woods leaving Kinley alone with the real monster.

"Awe your mutt left you so soon," his voice taunting her.

"Go to hell Joel." She spat at him, the blood mixed saliva landed right in his face.

This was the only chance she had to get away from him and she took it. Pushing away from the half temporarily blinded man she ran as fast as her feet would take her. For a fleeting moment hope swelled in her heart before she was yanked backwards. Crashing into the ground she gasped as the air was sucked out of her lungs on impact. Groaning and wheezing McKinley rolled her hands wrapped tightly around her stomach. His footsteps grew closer as he yanked her up by her fiery red mane.

"That was a big no, no."
    Last edited by loves.blessing.; 01-25-17 at 01:03 PM.

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    McKinley whimpered her hands shooting up to his hand that gripped her locks tightly. “Stop… please.” Her pleas were tossed aside along with her as she hit the trunk a tree.

She was certain she wasn't gonna win this fight. Gasping for air, her knuckles white with pain as she dug her fingers into the ground. McKinley was certain she had a broken rib or two.

“Oh I do believe I have broken something of yours!”

The brutal man quipped a large smile wrinkling his handsome face. Grunting Kinley forced herself on her hands and knees. Her vision dancing with black dots, swaying back and forth trying to stay up.

A small strand of spittle dripped from her mouth it tinted red with blood. It was like her body was in shock, she couldn't swallow or cry let alone holler for help.

Feral noises came from the poor girl's small body as she struggled to breathe. “Oh Kinley you don't sound normal,” he teased her. Hoisting her up by her small arm she yelped. I wish he would just kill me already, her thoughts growing dark clouded by the pain.

“Why?”

Her voice was barely considered a whisper but the wind carried the single word to the man’s ear. He grinned licking his lips. “Why, why my dear Bird?” He still held her up by her arm her legs simply dangling uselessly. “I wanted you to love me, but you stabbed me instead!” His face pinched with anger.

He shook her like a rag doll, like a beast trying to tear a piece of meat of a carcass. Her head whipped in all different directions. Her eyes threatening to roll in the back of her head. Just as she was about to lose consciousness he stopped and her body stilled.

Her ears rang and her vision causing her to see double. “But now here you are, like the Gods gifting you to me. You are gonna be punished for hurting me but then after that we can put this all behind me I mean us.” His tone was sincere

“You're- you're crazy…”

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    The man’s face pinched as if he had smelled something rancid. A crimson color crept up his face to his ears. Kinley’s breathing was anything but normal, it was a raspy and jagged. The same hand that held her up released it’s grip. Her already tattered body collided with the earth, she laid there groaning in pain.

“I am trying to forgive you, you ungreatful bitch!” Joel hollered crouching down till their faces were mere inches from one another. His hot breath fanned across her face, flinching slightly at the spittle that came from him screaming at her.

An ominous sound of thunder cracked overhead the sky lit up with lightening, casting a menacing look across the man’s face. Joel gripped her throat tightly pulling her up as she struggled against his strong clutch.

“You are going to feel what I felt that night you left, you are going to feel it all.”

Clawing at his fingers, McKinley tried to force air in and out of her lungs but his white knuckle hold around her neck was crushing her windpipe. Tears started to burn her eyes as she thrashed, twisting but nothing worked. Her head started to lul side to side, just as she was about to be claimed by unconsciousness he loosened his grip enough. The air came rushing back into her lungs, gasping she gulped in breaths greedly.

“Wh- what..”

Her voice raspy as she could barely force the words from her lips.

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    Before she could even register what was happening a searing pain came from her abdomen, a gut wrenching scream parted her swollen lips. Her hand gripping the fiery spot covered in warm sticky liquid.

Lowering her down to the ground he waved a dagger in her face as if to tease her. “I just did the same thing you did to me love.” McKinley’s chest rose and fell unevenly as she leaned against a tree to stable herself.

This is it I am going to die..

The thought was sombering, her mind going into flight or fight mood. Keeping pressure on her wound she tried focusing on something anything to keep her from falling asleep or allowing her body to go into shock.

Think, think, McKinley think or you are going to die while this maniac watches or even worse.. Surprise him, he won’t think you will do anything since he has the upper hand.

Before she lost her nerve she lunged for the dagger. Ripping it from the male’s grasp she shoved it as hard as she could through is skull. Joel’s eyes grew wide with shock as he stumbled backwards. At first just a few droplets of blood dripped down his face, sliding in between his eyes down his nose. He touched it looking at like it was some foreign substance he had never seen before.

McKinley’s mouth fell open, her hands trembling; the pain disappearing as her body went into shock. Two more steps backwards and the two locked eyes briefly before Joel’s rolled into the back of his head and he tumbled to the ground.

“I killed him.. I-I really did it…” Her tongue tripping over her own words as she tried to get up the searing pain sobering her thoughts.

Struggling she pushed to her feet, her knees wobbling under their own weight. “I gotta get help, I gotta go..” She forced herself to move stepping slowly testing her leg strength. Glancing at the lifeless body of Joel before she pushed forward.

“Nym-eria,” McKinley weakly called out to her companion.

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    McKinley cried out in pain as she stumbled along, her voice grew weaker and weaker. The snapping of a branch caught her attention. “Nym,” she mumbled incoherently. The large direwolf pranced out of the bushes with something in her mouth. Kinley squinted as she tried to focus her slightly blurred vision.

“Wh-what is that?” The calico spotted wolf drew closer.

A gasp passed the red head’s lip as her face twisted in horror. “Nymeria is that a hand,” McKinley exclaimed. The wolf opened her mouth dropping the hand at her owner’s feet. A small shriek came from her now lips that now quivered. Her eyes darted from her wolf to the hand and back.

“Is- is that Joel’s hand Nym?”

The large wolf yipped in response, a new feeling of nausousness rolled over small frame. “I can’t think about this right now, I’m- I’m bleeding.” She stumbled towards Nymeria as she leaned on her heavily. She used the large direwolf like a crutch as they stumbled towards the inn they had left earlier.

Her legs gave out as she collided with the ground, a small cry of pain rang out.

“Nym I- I can’t.” She cried the pain and blood loss too much for her small frail body.

“I did it though,” she cried. Her voice weak and her thoughts hysterical. “I killed him, I am free.” Her words faded out as she slowly succumbed to unconsciousness.

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    loves.blessing recieves 730 EXP and 100 GP!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast