Hair Color
    Dark with silver strands
    Eye Color
    Grey

View Profile

Cathoulous Lorr

YicKoEn.jpg

Name: Cathoulous Lorr

Age: Possesses serial longevity but maturity level is about 23 – 25 in human years.

Race: High elf

Hair Color: Dark brownish grey with silver

Eye Color: Grey

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 131lbs

Languages: Tradespeak, Elvish and Orcish

Personality: Once your typical entitled and xenophobic high elf, after Cath’s personal history took a dramatic turn, her outlook on life is much more pragmatic with everything filtered through a lens of suspicion, and even at times, gloom or melancholia. Although a kind and peaceful soul, she has trust issues, mostly with other elves, both high elves and dark elves.

Appearance: Cath is a medium-sized high elf, not as tall as some of her female counterparts, but slender and graceful. She has a unique tribal-looking scar on her forehead that is not related to any elvish clans. Her skin is pale, hair is dark with thin ribbons of silver and grey woven throughout.

History (written by Cath in her journal):

"I thought my return to Raiaera would be heralded, celebrated… historic even.

Yet, I am no more a part of elvish history than a dull, brown moth fluttering around a campfire.

My name, Catholous Lorr, was once spoken in important circles. I come from House Lorr, a wealthy and well-known line of High Elves from Winyaurient. Our family has always been intimately connected to House Krisamara, and at the age of sixteen, I was bethrothed to Bladesinger, Nremyn Krisamara, a highly sought after warrior and politician-to-be. Ultimately, the goal of both House Lorr and House Krisamara was to restore the once majestic city of Eluriand to its former glory by any means necessary, including driving out other populations, even some of the more peaceful races, which according to Nremyn’s father, Erglareo, muddied the blood-lines of High Elves by interbreeding and adopting policy, religion and culture which jeopardized the purity of the High Elves.

I was part of a scouting party with Nremyn on the edges of the Red Forest. An unknown carnivore was killing the local farmers’s livestock, and we had been deployed to see if we couldn’t come up with clues and a plan to drive away the predators. At the time, I recall being utterly smitten with Nremyn and look upon this trip as both the highlight and the ruin of my young life. The carnivore species turned out to be a brigand of orcs, led by Warchief Vorgak of Corone. I had wandered too far from our encampment and was captured by Vorgak and his men. The sights that I saw traveling through the deepest parts of the Red Forest would be enough to make a dragon tremble in fear – horrific undead phantoms and spirits which made me question my sanity. Not to mention, being treated like chattel by the orcs, who planned to sell me in Corone. At first I was frightened and intimated by Vorgok, but eventually I accepted my fate as once we boarded their ship and headed out to sea, I knew that rescue was not imminent. I always held tight to that small ember of hope in my mind, but for years I remained with the brigands as a healer as we traveled around, thieving, looting and even murdering, though I never actually killed anyone first hand. Was my existence with my captor, Vorgak, a kind and peaceful existence? No it wasn’t, and at times it was nearly intolerable. Many a night I lay in his bed, considering plunging a dagger into my chest to escape my fate.

But fate would have other plans. A plague swept through the orcs, one which I could not heal. I was unaffected by the disease, and one by one the brigands perished, even Vorgak, though I would not know for sure as he wandered off in a hallucinatory fog brought about by the plague. Surprisingly, I mourned his loss as though he were a brother or even a lover. I’d been with the Corone orcs for five years – they were the only family I’d known during that time.

Though a long and arduous journey which I will recount in the journal eventually, I returned to Raiaera, to Winyaurient. To my shock and dismay, I was not welcomed back. Both House Lorr – my own family nonetheless - and House Krisamara banished me to peasant-standing. I was deemed tainted, my reputation ruined by living among the orcs, as though it had been my choice, and I had not been a prisoner.

I was contaminated, they’d said. Befouled. My purity stolen. Damaged goods.

My standing would be lowered. I would no longer marry Nremyn.

This is not the life I wanted. If I am to be banished, then I will roam. I will not remain in Winyaurient, yet Raeira may have a place for me still. But I will never return to my family, nor the race which seeks to insulate itself from the rest of Althanas."

Skills:

Bullseye! – Cath is an expert in ranged weapons. At close range she is not as strong of an opponent.

Need a bandage for that? – Her education was rooted in the druidic arts of healing. Through herbs, salves, potions and even magic, Cath is able to heal most common maladies and superficial wounds. Unknown diseases, plagues and magic-borne illnesses are harder for her to remedy.

Let me translate! – Cath knows three languages – Elvish, Orcish and Tradespeak. She has picked up fragments of other languages due to her time traveling with Vorgak.

Abilities:
    Immunity boost - Cath's immunity is twice as resistant than the average human to disease, viruses, many poisons and toxins

Siren voice – Before being taken prisoner by Vorgak, Cath had been a Wanderer in Starlight and on the path to becoming a Bard. Her voice is her only instrument of charm, but when she sings it can calm an enraged dragon. Of course, only if it's a weak minded dragon... her charm can be resisted by those with above average willpower.

Doctor Dolittle – Cath has an affinity with nature and beasts. She’s a good tracker, hunter and eventually seeks a pet to tame and become her constant companion.
    Last edited by Chopsalot; 06-10-16 at 02:59 PM.

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Hello and welcome to the site! Approved
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥