View Poll Results: Do you want to have another Osiris Open?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah baby.

7 53.85%
  • No, thanks.

1 7.69%
  • Unsure...

5 38.46%

Thread: The Osiris Open: Feedback

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile

Question The Osiris Open: Feedback

So, I was considering turning this into a recurring event as long as the interest was there. Would we all be up for a continuation of the tournament in future? In particular what did you like / dislike about it?

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Hand of Virtue
    EXP: 87,799, Level: 12
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,201
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,201
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

I would consider entering at some point if this was done maybe three times a year or so. But I do get demotivated when real life gets in the way of timelines and deadlines. If there were a way to, by some miracle, ensure a set schedule and stick to it no matter what, I'd be more enticed. This is by no means blaming as I know you have a new little one in your life. Just speaking about what one of the things that demotivates me is. As far as I know, the LLC final still isn't even judged.
    2011 Althy Winner - Most Realistic Character
    2016 Althy Winner - Best Contributor & Player of the Year (tie)

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page
    Current Character Profile

Solo Quests:
    Hidden Beneath The Canopy (75)
    Lost Loot of Lornius (74)

Daonnan Caillte
    EXP: 79,284, Level: 12
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next level: 10,716
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,716
    GP

Name
    Karuka O'Sheean
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    I don't feel like the site can support continual and occasionally overlapping tournaments.
    The Karu knows.

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by SirArtemis View Post
    I would consider entering at some point if this was done maybe three times a year or so. But I do get demotivated when real life gets in the way of timelines and deadlines. If there were a way to, by some miracle, ensure a set schedule and stick to it no matter what, I'd be more enticed. This is by no means blaming as I know you have a new little one in your life. Just speaking about what one of the things that demotivates me is. As far as I know, the LLC final still isn't even judged.
    An interesting point. However, worth noting that the tournament has been active and all judging deadlines were met, with the only delay being that I didn't put the arena up for the final when I should have done.

For the most part I believe activity would be down to the individual posters. This might have been what you were getting at, so apologies if that was the case.

Karuka, I can understand your point too. However, this was very much an idea for boosting activity during the LCC judging lull. To a point it worked. I doubt very much we would be overlapping another tournament in the near future.

It would be interesting to hear back from some of the entrants on whether or not they enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 08-01-16 at 09:19 AM.

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    The health of a tournament is critically reliant on the judges. Certain tournaments can get stuck in limbo indefinitely because judging is hard, thankless, and cannot easily be incentivized. The Shinvitational went great because Shin broke his back to carry the tournament and run it start to finish.

A properly motivated judge can run a tournament by themselves, but great intentions can often lead to abandoned tournaments.

Not that I could think of any tournaments that have been finished for a very long time (even through the finals!), without being judged, but that would really stink.

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    The health of a tournament is critically reliant on the judges. Certain tournaments can get stuck in limbo indefinitely because judging is hard, thankless, and cannot easily be incentivized. The Shinvitational went great because Shin broke his back to carry the tournament and run it start to finish.

A properly motivated judge can run a tournament by themselves, but great intentions can often lead to abandoned tournaments.

Not that I could think of any tournaments that have been finished for a very long time (even through the finals!), without being judged, but that would really stink.
    Thanks Storm, that's appreciated. We did well to ensure we covered everything and I want to thank the judges for their help too and, of course, the participants.