Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    ((Sorry for such a late reply, not had the chance to get back on Althanas in a while. I'll keep this small for now and talk to you when I get a chance.))

The shifters eyes met with Ayithe's as she watched Lorenor strike a final blow. It smiled a calm grin in her direction, a smile that Ayithe did not understand entirely, but if she thought about it, the Shifter had already slaughtered all these men, it had already slaughtered this family, and finally it had left a child - a child that could now sit in resentment to living a life without a family.

The long term effects were unclear, the motivations hidden, but at least she had survived. Hopefully, saving the child was the right thing to do - Ayithe at least believed it.

Knowledge? Ayithe thought about the words of the shifter, its lack of fear, its knowing grin that in losing its own life, it had achieved a goal it's existence was created for. She hated not knowing.

Ayithe patiently waited as it's body melted into the stone floor by Lorenor's feet. She'd ask if he was okay, but it was readily apparent. She calmed herself in the silence before the fearful weeping of the child became clear to her once more. She turned to comfort and held him in her arms as she knelt to hug. This was more than any child ever deserved to experience, for what lay in his future was now eerily unclear.

"Lorenor?" She glanced back at the warrior. "I think we should leave while we can. We shouldn't linger longer than needed."
    Ietus Series
    Part 1: - Tirel
    Part 2: - The Dark Tower
    Part 3: -
    Part 4: -
    Part 5: -

EXP: 7,497, Level: 3
    Level completed: 63%, EXP required for next level: 1,503
    Level completed: 63%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,503
    GP

Name
    Ayithe Solete
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light brown and blonde
    Eye Color
    Aqua Blue
    Build
    5'6
    Job
    Fighter

View Profile
    ((Ending this quickly as Lorenor seems to have quit.))
    Ayithe stared at the exit down the bottom of the corridor. Back to where they had started, but guards were replaced with blood, words with silence, and light with darkness. Wrecked and used candles lined the walls and floor, but none remained burning their warm glow.

Both Ayithe and Lorenor had to deal with the smell of death in the air, the strong dirty-iron stench hung in the still air - unshakable and unmoving as no fresh wind blew in. Ayithe limped slightly as they paused by the large Salvic decorated door of the Ranceed residence. It had been a frightening feeling when it first shut behind her upon entry, and even with the silence she feared what awaited for them on the other side.

Then, the world shimmered around her. Ayithe blinked and rubbed her eyes as she felt the world change. A flicker of a dark cave, and then return of the Ranceed's front door. Lorenor seemed oblivious as he pulled on the doorway, the large latch and bolt a little unusual for a door. Yet as she waited another moment, the world jumped in and out once again. Ietus was calling, Ietus was bringing her back. Was it all to end so sudden?

"Lorenor!" Ayithe reached out as she felt herself phasing away from their current position.

Lorenor turned to look but could only watch in confusion and disbelief as she faded away as if she was never there.

The wet cave walls filled her vision as she appeared to be back in the caves of Ietus. The walls as natural as any cave, but the floor carved and smoothed into a walkable surface. She looked up to the cloaked figure she recognised as Ietus. His shrouded face was nothing but a dark void, but he stood upright like a human and she could feel his presence staring across at her.

"Did I fail?" She asked presumptuous.

"No. I did, for I sent you there too late. You did enough, you killed it." Ietus replied, starting to walk away from her.

"And I saved a child!" Ayithe shouted as she followed with a hasty walk, their destination unclear.

"The child was probably better off dead. Now it'll likely grow up into the hateful vision that the enemy wanted." Ietus strode down a long corridor, his midnight black cloak masking whatever feet hid underneath. Then predicting her next comment, continued. "Do not feel the need to defend the young boy. Your motives are admirable, but this war is greater than any one life."

"You've never fully explained what you're asking me to do.... What I'm part of when I'm working for you." As angry as Ayithe felt over the child comment, she daren't argue. Ietus was too powerful to deny or refuse.

Finally, Ietus stopped by the next open room, and before her lay the sword he had shown her before she departed.

"Ah... Where to begin. So much to say, so little time." Ietus pointed towards the weapon rack that held the sword. "Pick up this weapon before you Ayithe, and I shall explain enough for you to proceed to your next assignment."
    Ietus Series
    Part 1: - Tirel
    Part 2: - The Dark Tower
    Part 3: -
    Part 4: -
    Part 5: -

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Name of Judgement: Finding Ietus - The Truth In The Lie
    No Judgement

Rewards:

Ayithe Solete receives:
    1625 EXP
    190 GP

Mutant Lorenor receives:
    1320 EXP
    165 GP
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234