violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    "Goddess above, who makes the trees grow tall and the earth good for planting ..."

Philomel grasped tight either piece of flora in her hand as she turned fully to the altar.

She raised her chin.

"Protect the spirit of she who comes into your arms tonight, keep her close and safe on her journey to your paradise."

Raising the branch and flower she crossed them above her head, focusing with intent.

"Even though you - you," she stopped herself, cutting off short. Although she wanted to blame the goddess ... and well did to some respect, she did not want to verbally blame her. For all Drys had taken from her, she had given Philomel ten times more, and if she was completely honest there were many other gods in the world who likely were really the ones to blame. The gods of disease, for instance.
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    "Even though she did not fully commit to worship of you, I pray now that you take her into your hold. She is yours, a child of yours and a child of the earth, one of the many blessings you have placed here. Hold onto her, keep her, and take these items in my hands as offerings to you."

She straightened her arms, the ash and lily standing tall despite their being broken off from their roots, and shimmering in the daylight.

"Take them as signs of my trust and - and keep her spirit. Keep the spirit of Lacey van der Aart and never - never let her GO!"

She screamed the last word to the skies and the room fell silent. Breath was held, birds outside fell to, and there was nothing but the gentle breath of wind. The straight foliage remained straight for a while, for long enough before Philomel finally lowered her arms.
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    "You did good, kid," Vaeron said gently, coming up behing her.

Softly, he placed her hand on her shoulder.

"'Kid'?" she murmured, placing the branches on the altar finally. However, her hands still remained touching the foliage.

Vaeron nodded, "'Kid,' yeah. Younger than me."

"What happened to 'Princess'?"

"You are still a Princess, just a kid at the moment." He grinned and tugged her around a little.

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    One hand fell from the altar. That was, from the ash branch.

She turned to look at him, blinking delicately. "Hmmm?"

"You can be a Princess most of the time. Just now you're 'kid'."

Pausing for a moment she thought a while, then ducked her head, glancing over to where Veridian was. The fox-form whipped his tail gently, and stretched onto his paws.

Always my beloved.

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    Vaeron glanced between the two, obviously not able to hear their conversation. He paused, then shrugged, seeing the soft smile coming to Philomel's lips.

"Sure, whatever he said," he patted her shoulder. "Now, let us go and drink heavily before you make any stupid accusations."

"I almost did," Philomel confessed, looking back over to where her fingers still delicately were placed on the lily. "I almost did."

The last one she said quietly.

She bit her lip as she realised.

"I almost did. I almost cursed Drys."

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    "As do many," Vaeron said patting her shoulder. "As many almost do. So many come close to negitively blaming their dieties for any sort of sorrowful happening."

"Have you?" she turned, tilting her head. One finger still remained on the flower.

"Have I ..."

"Cursed Earlon?"

Vaeron paused, and he blinked.

"Ah. Ahhh ... now that is a story for another time."

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    He slyly winked.

"I am not saying anything."

She looked bemused.

"Did you just ... wink at me Vaeron?"

Vaeron stopped and shook his head once. "No. Not at all. Of course not. I have no idea ..."

She gasped, and fully turned to him, staring at her and her hand finally fell from the lily offering.

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    "You so did!" she laughed, and raised a fluttering hand to her mouth.

"You actually have more emotions than one!"

Now it was his turn to be offended.

"Okay," he pointed a finger at her. "That is impolite."

She laughed and ducked out of his reach, starting for the door.

"I am Philomel can der Aart."

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    He raised his brows.

"Yeah, I know, why else would I follow you to the ends of the earth and leave all family and friends behind?"

Philomel scoffed. "Darling, the only family you have abandoned you, and the only friend you had, besides me, was Lavishingham, and that wasn't really anything."

Vaeron frowned. He could do that well, even if he could not smile and he felt a certain irritation set in, even if he did not feel the need to berate her for it.

"That was uncalled for," he muttered under his breath.

Lyre-Bearer
    GP

Name
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job

View Profile
    "Hmm?" she asked as she pushed open the chapel door.

He looked at her and shook his head. "Nothing," he replied.

Golden eyes stared up at him, knowing the opposite was true. Foxes have sharp ears, Vaeron knew, and earth-spirits more so. So Veridian likely had heard.

The mage gave him a shrug, and a look that said, 'she's being a dick'.

Veridian seemed to take that as an acceptable excuse, because after a moment's pause he followed Philomel out of the door.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast