Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Flesh Failures: Empty Orchestra (open!)

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    "No no," Josh chuckled, the Y-shaped scars on his cheeks dimpling, "I'm sorry, you see I used to work as head of security here, so I tend to fall into old habits of watching every direction and doing a million things at once." He focused on the blushing young woman, hazel eyes peering past the curtain her fingers formed in front of reddened cheeks. "I'm here tonight to relax, and I promise there's nothing I'd rather be doing than sitting here talking to you.

"Don't worry about saying the wrong things," he encouraged her. He finished his drink and signaled to a server to bring them another round. "Would you be interested in playing a concert in a place like this?" He asked, gesturing at the thriving dance floor, "I realize it probably isn't your typical venue, but I do happen to know the manager. And I guarantee they have excellent security." He chuckled again. Since his retirement from the position, a powerful warrior-sorceress named Molly Doomeye had taken over, and if anything she was better at the job than Breaker had ever been.

Most nights at the Flesh Failures would have seen Josh joining the masses on the dance floor, or adjourning to either the basement or the upstairs bedrooms. He rarely sat in the bar area sipping drinks with a stranger, but something about the bashful violinist intrigued him. He wanted to know more, or perhaps he just wanted to see what silly thing she'd say next. In any case he leaned back in his chair and fixed the woman with his limitless hazel gaze, barely looking up when the waitress arrived with their drinks.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

EXP: 3,960, Level: 2
    Level completed: 66%, EXP required for next level: 1,040
    Level completed: 66%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,040
    GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    5'5 and around 125 pounds
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    McKinley's mouth slightly open as he revealed why he seemed distracted. Her hands falling off her face. "Im so sorry, look at me practically demanding all your attention like a spoiled child." Sitting there baffled for a moment at her own actions she let out a nervous giggle. Shifting in her seat she pulled at the top of her dress to keep her somewhat ample breast from exposing themselves. "I am out of my comfort zone, I usually don't talk to many people or dress like this." She glanced down at her blue gown that matched her eye color. Silly silly, me... "T-talking to me is what you wanna do tonight? I trip over my own tongue." Her cheeks deepened in color, the compliments he was and had been giving her was something she wasn't used to.

The thought of playing music made her sit up straighter, a smile danced across her lips. "I do love playing.. I play just to play the money was just a bonus." Her eyes glistened with excitement as she brought her drink to her lips taking a greedy drink. Allowing the tip of her tongue to trace over her plush pillows to collect the left over droplets. "Music is a way for me to tell my story and speak louder then I ever could orally," sighing softly she placed her elbows on the table.

"The places never mattered to me honestly, just the people there willing to listen." Shrugging she dipped her finger in her cup stirring the contents before popping the finger in her mouth and sucking the liquid off of it. "Do you play any instruments, Josh?" Her head titling slightly with interest as he seemed like he could be a man of many talents.

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    As people congregated around him...

Lorenor ate his meal in silence.

He thought about everything he'd learned from Drake. The Tablet is still intact... He thought to himself. That much I do know. But I don't like the idea of going back into Spider Magi territory...Forsaken territory.... Lorenor had gone too far with Sei's help to suddenly be stopped by a singular obstacle.

As he ate he thought about the Tablet, and he considered where he needed to go...another thought further crossed his mind.

I don't want to risk everything for an artifact as important as that...not yet. I don't know if I'm strong enough to handle Forsaken. Lorenor frowned. It was not like him to be so pessimistic about matters...but the enemy he had to face was not a good prospect at all.

If Drake attempts to pursue me I will defend myself...I'm going to have to abandon the tablet for now. Lorenor took a bite of his meal. And concerned what he had just planned out. All in the matter of several hours of deep thought. The enemy is too serious a threat for me to face at this point...then there is N'Jal. How would I react facing her again...branded as a traitor? And yet it was them who betrayed me...I don't know...things are so fucked up now.

Lorenor was in deep thought as he ate.

There were many matters to consider at hand, and he had to carefully weigh each one...he sighed at that point.

I don't like it...but I will have to abandon the mission for now... He knew that he wasn't going to like the answers he found...and that proved to be valid. Drake was a seedy individual, but he was certain he could defend himself if Drake attempted to collect the debt prematurely...

I'll have to watch my back...shouldn't be a problem. Lorenor saw Joshua Cronen talking to some girl he'd never seen before in a corner of the club. He smiled and then returned back to his meal, largely preferring to keep to himself.
    The Alpha and The Omega.
    The Beginning and The End.

Maul-Slayer
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    "Instruments? Me? No," Josh chuckled, "I'm not exactly the musical type, although I did almost become the drummer in a band once upon a time. Mostly I just like hitting things." He showed McKinley the thick calluses on his knuckles. "I'm a prizefighter and martial arts instructor, although I do other jobs from time to time. Security, for example." He made a circle with his hand, indicating the club at large. "This place used to be like home to me. I had a small gym in the basement for training my students, a room upstairs, and plenty of liquor in between." He chuckled again, "it was the perfect setup, for a time."

Breaker rolled his broad shoulders and glanced around the room before returning his gaze to McKinley's dark blue eyes. "More recently, I became a bit too popular for my own good. My little gym was flooded with students. Before long they chased me away, and I moved to small mountaintop village in Akashima." His eyes glazed over as he thought of Yutori, the quaint village where he'd spent most of the winter. "It's been a pleasure, living and teaching where I'm less known. But I had to return to Radasanth on business..."

He studied the young violinist, not wanting to bore her with talk of his grand plans. Having competed in a number of Althanas' tournaments in his life, Breaker had begun the planning of his own competition. He would need help with the financing and advertising, of course, which was the business that had brought him to Radasanth. Coming to The Flesh Failures had been a simple means to blowing off some steam the night before his big meetings. Only instead of dancing the hours away, he found himself caught up in conversation with the shy musician.

"I would like to hear you play sometime."
    13-3-2

EXP: 3,960, Level: 2
    Level completed: 66%, EXP required for next level: 1,040
    Level completed: 66%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,040
    GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Hair Color
    Reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Dark crystal blue
    Build
    5'5 and around 125 pounds
    Job
    Artist of all sorts

View Profile
    McKinley had a doe like expression on her face, her fingertips grazing over his knuckles. "You're huge!" She exclaimed, the look on the people passing by was shocked at her out burst. Her cheeks flushed red, her mouth fell open. "I mean your calluses, your calluses are huge. I made that sound inappropriate. I am so sorry." She could feel her face heat up as she fanned it, a nervous hand ran through her fiery red locks. "Drums, you played drums that is really amazing." She quickly tried to change the subject hoping that he would pick up on how embarrassed she was. The fact that she had said something and it sounded sexual almost mortified her.

As he spoke about fighting she titled her head slightly, "so you beat people up for money?" She tossed the thought around her head for a moment pondering on it. "That seems so silly, you could get hurt." Her tone held such sincere about his well being as she frowned. The way he explained his story peaked her interest. "That is fascinating though, you must be a really good fighter to have all that happen to you." She put her elbows on the table resting her chin on the tops of her knuckles. She smiled at the thought of moving some where it was quiet. "I live on the outskirts of the city, not my first choice to live either but it's what I can afford." She simply shrugged okay with it.

"You can at my place," she smiled. The smile slowly slipped from her face as she realized she had did it once again. "Oh my Gods I am so sorry I did it again." She covered her face shaking her head in disbelief. "I keep doing thing and I swear it isn't on purpose, maybe someone slipped a serum in my drink." She picked it up studying the mug even went as far as sniffing it. "I really don't know why it keeps coming out with such a um-," she paused her cheeks gathering a crimson color to them again. "Sexual derivatives.." She sat the mug on the table before glancing at him nervously. A sheepish look on her face, her red mane falling like a curtain over half of her face.

Maul-Slayer
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Breaker stifled a chuckle, grinning broadly despite the girl's fumbling for words. She looked good when she blushed... her cheeks almost matched her hair. The alcohol probably had something to do with the innuendos pouring out of her mouth, but Josh suspected she was attracted to him. It wasn't unusual. He was attracted to her.

A waitress appeared through the throng to bus their empty drinks, giving them a quizzical look to ask if they wanted more. Josh shook his head, and the server shimmied away, tray held aloft.

"I'd love to hear you play at your place," he called over the music, "but for now, why don't we dance?" A drakari was singing an upbeat song neither of them could understand, and couples had taken to clasping hands and whirling one another about the dance floor.

Josh took Kinley's hand and led the nervous girl into open space. He held her close, though not too close, and led a timely two step to the rhythm. His hazel eyes scanned the club over top of the redhead, always vigilant. He saw Angeline, speaking with some of her servers. He saw a man sitting alone, enjoying his meal. He saw the musicians on stage, vamping and waiting for the next singer to climb up. Finally he allowed himself to relax, and as the music slowed, wrapped his arms around the pretty woman and swayed with her.

Whether the night ended there or not, he could almost lose himself in her crystal blue eyes.

Out of Character:
    Will submit this thread if no one posts within a week.
    13-3-2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12