Black
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    5'10.5 162 lbs.
    Job
    Whatever comes

A Letter from Home (Open to all)

The peaceful Promenade teamed with hero's, adventurer's, trader's, and Traveler's from all around. The sound of chatter and laughter filled the crowded room as people boasted about their travels. Their victories, and kills. Out side the tavern, the night sky was lit with stars. The docks were quit. But some ship hands and captains were still out and about. Double checking the ropes that held the ships in place, tied to the docks as rain began to softly land on the docks, a sure sign that a storm was moving in. Others were quit, and some fishing vessels made their way out while a few crept in.

Gadrial just sat back in his seat at a small table off in the corner. Directly across from the door. A cup of ale in front of him. As he watched on, he reaches into a satchel at his side and pulled a small pouch containing a wooden pipe, and a smaller pouch packed with tobacco. The pipe was small in size, but it was just fine for him. He packed it with a pinch of the tobacco and used the candle on the table to light it. Not bothering to talk to any body that came near.

Across the room, a young girl about the same age walks in. Her long red hair touching the small of her back. Her eyes, a light emerald color just about glowed in the dim light of the tavern. At her side, a pair of war axes, slightly stained from a previous fight. She stood there for a moment, scanning the crowded room. A determined look stretching from one side of her face to the other.

Gadrial's eyes perked up, almost alert, his hand on the hilt of one of his daggers. "Who is she looking for?" Gadrial thought to himself. Suddenly, she looks in his direction and begins to walk towards him. Pushing people out of her way as she moves. Gadrial's eyes narrow and he grabs the handle of his dagger, preparing to draw, not realizing that the girl walking towards him is an old friend. She reaches his table and puts up a hand "Wait Gadrial, I am am not here as an enemy, only a friend." She says.

Gadrial Releases the grip on his dagger, but being mindful as he is. Keeps his hand on the hilt. "How do you know my name?" he asks as he take his cup and drinks that last gulp of ale. "12 years is a long time Gadrial, and you are very hard to track down." She explains.
    "12 years?" he thinks. "Could this be? No, she cant be." Gadrial thinks out loud, not realizing it. The young lady takes a seat across the table from him. Looks him straight in the eyes and says "Yes Gadrial, it is me. Naomi."

Gadrial leans forward, shocked. But happy to see a friendly face. "How did you find me Naomi?" He asked her. Than puffing on his pipe. Naomi replied "Believe me, it was not easy. And their were many other looking to settle a score with you, though I doubt they will ever get that chance." a grin stretching across her face. Gadrial leaned back in his seat and laughed "Sounds to me like you have become quite the fighter Naomi." He said, "I remember back when you refused to touch anything with a sharp edge." He continued.

Naomi smiled at the memory but quickly turned her expression. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Look Gadrial. Like I said, 12 years is a long time. Much has happened and much has changed." She said. Gadrial looked at her, a curious look lingering on his face. "Naomi, what is this really about?" he asks as he leans forward. Naomi looks up at him. "I have something for you. Something form your uncle that he never got a chance to give you." she says as she reaches into her satchel.

Naomi pulls out a small envelope and hands it to him. Your uncle wrote this. Just before your mother was killed and you left. "How is he doing?" Gadrial asked. "He died, 3 years ago Gadrial. I am sorry." She says, comfort in her voice. Gadrial leaned back. This time thoughtful. "How?" he asked. "Naomi looked down. "Murdered, in his sleep." She explain. "No one knows who it could have been. Some suspect it was the same person that killed your mom." She continued as she handed him the letter. A bulge in the bottom corner of the envelope.

"What does it say?" Gadrial asked, Naomi just shrugged her shoulders.

Gadrial opened the envelope, and pulled out a folded a piece of paper. His the front of name was scribbled on the front of it. He took a last look into the envelope to see what the bulge was. It was a ring. Silver, with a small stone and a crest in the side. It was his uncle ring. Gadrial closed his hand around the ring, and began to unfold the paper, curious about what it said./

'Gadrial,
    If you are reading this. Than it means that both your mother an I are no longer with you. If you are reading this. Then it means that there is so much that I was not able to teach you. So much that you don't know. What I am telling you is that our family, mine and your father's side hold a very large, very dark secret. I wish I could tell you what that secret is, but I know that if I do. It will only consume you.
    What I can tell you Gadrial is that the abilities you have, the healing, and the night eye. They can be become more powerful with the training and motivation. But there is another. And like night eye, it is unique to our bloodline. Cloaking......., I wish I could have trained you on how to use it. But you took off before I was able too.
    Gadrial, there is another thing. In Raiaera, in the city of Beinost. There is the Collage of Arcana. There you can learn this final ability. But you must move quickly because she is looking for you, and if she finds you. She will kill you.
    Now get a move on son, you have far to go.'

Gadrial closed the letter and looked up. What do you know about the Collage of Arcana?" he asks Naomi. "Nothing really. I know that many mages study there, and it holds what cold be the largest library around. But that is all." she replies.
    "Than I guess we better get a move on." Gadrial says as he slips the note from his uncle into his satchel and the ring on his finger. But Naomi looks at him with apologetic eyes. "What is it?" He asks. Naomi apologizes "I am sorry Gadrial, but I must return home. My Father is not doing well and he needs me." She continues "But I will be thinking about you and praying for you. And we will see each other again, there truly is so much that you dont know." She leans down and gives him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "You be careful Gadrial."

And like that, Naomi was gone. Gadrial scanned the room. But couldn't see her at all.
    Last edited by Gadrial; 11-06-16 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Adding detail

GP

Name
    Seth Keen
    Race
    Half Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    5'10.5 162 lbs.
    Job
    Whatever comes

After scanning the room a few time, searching the area for Naomi. Gadrial decided to just let it go. Beside, he had so much to think about all of a sudden. He leaned back in his chair, a thoughts of what that letter meant racing through his head. He just sat there, trying to make sense of it all.

Suddenly, a large, burly, dark skinned warrior with a pair of steel knuckles hanging from his belt bumped into Gadrial's table. "Watch it peacent!!" He says with a growl.

Not even thinking about it. Gadrial jumped up, grabbing the knuckles at the same time. And before the warrior even knew it. Gadrial swung on him, and in a single blow. The man went down, shaking the floor as he landed. No one really cared to stare at the fray that just took place. Some did look, but didn't think nothing of it.

"Next time you decide to act tough; Do me a favor and make sure the guy aint me." Gadrial said in a low tone. He turned around, grabbed his satchel and began to make his way to the stair. When out of no where. Two men, another burly looking man, though not as large, and the other. A short, slimmer man stepped in front of him. The large burly warrior stepped up behind him.

"Lex, do you see what he has?" the Large man asked. The smaller, younger looking man looked at the knuckles in Gadrial's hand and said "Looks like the knuckles that you swiped from that munk just earlier this week." Gadrial clinches his hand on the knuckles. "Do you want these? He asked, glancing over his shoulder at the burly man, Now noticing a scare on his left cheek. A scar that Gadrial had put there just one year earlier.

By this time. The whole tavern was staring, and moving out of the way "You want them, than come and get them" he said tauntingly. The small man lunged at Gadrial, but he quickly stepped to the side, grabbing him and slinging him into a table without much effort. The warrior..... well, he thought he would be slick. Tried sneaking in a punch while Gadrial's back was turned. But had no luck. In the process of blocking a punch from the other bandit, Gadrial turns a punch, knuckles in hand at the warrior, making contact with his bare knuckles. The sound of the bones shattering, combined with a blood curdling screamed echoed throughout the tavern. The small man began to take another shot at Gadrial, but with some effort and force. Gadrial spun the other man around and tossed him into the smaller man causing both of them to slam into the under side of the bar.

The burly man, laid curled on the floor clutching his hand, almost in tears. The other two men laid on the floor under the bar. One knocked out, and the other dazed. Gadrial looked at the knuckles, "I can find better else where" he exclaimed. Tossed knuckles on the burly man, nailing him in the nuts with them, then said "I what did I tell you? Huh? I told you, make sure the guys is not me."

The tavern patrons went back to their affairs. Talking, drinking, and laughing. Paying no mind to the three men who obviously no one was particularly fond of.

Gadrial, Forgetting what he was going to do decided he would return to his seat. After sitting down and realizing that his cup was empty, he gestured for the tavern maid. The tavern maid walked over to him "What can I do for you sir?" she asked in a low tone, sort of a blush on her cheeks. "yes miss, may I have some more ale please? My cup seems to have run dry during my little adventure over there." he asked, shooting a warming and comforting smile at her. She picked up his cup, Nodded. And turned to the bar and a few moments later, returned with a full cup. But this time, it was not just ale, she had gotten him a cup of their signature Honey Ale.
    Last edited by Gadrial; 11-07-16 at 05:49 PM.

Fists of Fury
    EXP: 29,216, Level: 7
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 5,784
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,784
    GP

Name
    (Sir) John Albert Cromwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sandy blonde, falls around his shoulders barely
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile
    John ducked his head to fit through the doorway of the Peaceful Promenade, noting again, as he often did, that Scara Brae's most well-known tavern did not live up to its name.

Two men sat below the bar, next to a couple of overturned stools, a man standing above the both of them. They both lay, whimpering; one cradling a bleeding fist. Naturally, the half-giant took a step forward, before noting that although beaten, the two men below the third appeared to be the aggressors, and with no bar patrons helping them out, John decided not to intervene.

The man turned, revealing a pair of lightly pointed ears, marking him as not quite a full-blooded elf, most likely half or quarter by his features.

Hopefully He'll give up his seat though, John thought, noting that the only chair in the establishment that could fit his massive frame was currently occupied by said half-elf. He took a few steps forward, lifting a finger at the barmaid, who nodded, proceeding to fill a pint glass with whiskey. He snapped two fingers, and a cigar popped into existence in his hand as he stepped in front of the table.

"Scuse me," he said, gesturing vaguely at the seat.
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    (Edited per request)

The boy...Gadrial...

Sitting nearby, the Paladin carefully considered the situation at hand.

One of the waitresses of the tavern, went the fellow's table and refilled his drink. Lorenor observed the interaction from the corners of his eyes. He studied the signet on the ring the boy now wore. That crest...elven in nature. High. Lorenor thought to himself. When the waitress walked by Lorenor, he gently grabbed her wrist. "The boy. What's his name?" He whispered to the woman.

The woman looked startled for a moment, but she saw the gentle kindness in the Paladin's eyes.

"You should ask him. It's not my place to whisper such secrets." She said calmly.

Lorenor released her from his clutches. Then he stood up and walked towards the boy's table.

Then a big man of a beast walked towards the table slightly before Lorenor did. Is he going to attack? Lorenor thought after the other black-clad warriors had attacked Gadrial. He observed the titan-man as the man seemingly conjured his own smoking pipe. Thaynes be damned look at the size of him! Lorenor thought as he observed the titan-man for a long moment. He blinked twice and then returned his attention to the now very popular boy that was his interest at the moment.

As he got closer, he noticed the distinctive Elven physiology of the lad. He's got Elven blood. Lorenor realized something else. The scent... That was probably how that girl with the axes found him earlier. Lorenor walked towards Gadrial's table and stood in front of the boy.

"That's a fancy ring you got there." Lorenor said calmly. "Would you like some company?" Lorenor asked.

Meanwhile, in the depths of the tavern there were eyes that were keeping watch of Lorenor as well. Lorenor however, was more than capable of defending himself. The Paladin did not help himself to a seat until he was given permission to do so. As he stood there, he noticed the boy had a pipe that gave off tobacco smoke. He smokes. I'll try to remember that... Lorenor thought to himself. Lorenor stared at the crest on the boy's ring. The aspect was quite familiar to the old man. However, he did not want to be rude to the boy who had already seen a lot of action that night.

"Those men who you just bested. Who are they?" Lorenor asked. The markings on their gear and jewelry did not have any familiar aspects. Only the boy's ring did. If the lad was being hunted, Lorenor would honor the old alliances and assist the boy as needed.

He was a Paladin after all, and it was the call of the righteous.

Lorenor kept staring at the big man as well having not seen a Hill Giant like that for some time. Does the man have Salvarn roots? I have oft heard that men of Salvar can get gigantic in size. Maybe that is what I am looking at. Lorenor mused to himself as he stared at him. Then he waited for the boy's response.
    Last edited by Mutant_Lorenor; 11-08-16 at 11:50 AM.
    The Alpha and The Omega.
    The Beginning and The End.

GP

Name
    Seth Keen
    Race
    Half Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    5'10.5 162 lbs.
    Job
    Whatever comes

The half giant, stood there patiently. Hoping for a kind gesture from Gadrial. Realizing that he man meant no harm and was rather friendly Stood to his feet and offered the half giant his seat. Gadrial turned to find a new table, but the half giant did not mind sharing the table with Gadrial, and he made that know. So Gadrial just pulled up a second chair. T

The paladin stood there, "Would you like some company?" he asked politely, calm in his voice. Gadrial had noticed him studying him just moments ago. But had a positive feel from his presence, and so he offered the 3rd and final chair to him. "The large one, I have had a few run-ins with in the past. He is not so much a warrior, and more a thug." Gadrial explained. "He always seems to find me, and never when I am at my best, always on my down time" Gadrial continued. Following his words with a sip of his Ale.

The half giant sat there, just listening to the exchange.

"I noticed you had asked that young maid something right after she had brought me my Ale, may I ask what it was as I suspect it did pertain to me" Gadrial Continued "And it his a nice ring. I guess it belonged to one of my parents, though I am not sure. Nor do I know anything about this crest here."

Gadrial stared at the ring for a moment. "I suppose, perhaps the collage will offer some answers to my ever growing list of questions." Gadrial said. As Gadrial, and the man sat there in conversation. A young boy had walked out from the back with a bucket of water, and a piece of cloth to clean the blood from the floor left by the thug.

Fists of Fury
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job

View Profile
    John cocked an eyebrow at the stocky, glow-eyed human that approached. He drew a puff of smoke and blew a smoke ring upward as he listened to the half-elf's story, such as it was anyways. The boy didn't know much about himself or his family, and he was still amiss as to why they were both in combat gear.

But, the Promenade was often long on questions and short on answers.

Besides, I'm wearing my combat armor too, just under these clothes, the half-giant mused as the trio continued to sit. He extended a heavily scarred arm to tip a chunk of ash into the tray that centered the table, and took a sip of whiskey.

The crest, as the boy showed it, was foreign to John the same way the shorter man's insignias were.

It seemed that mysteries abounded here this evening, and John looked up to the barmaid, holding up two fingers and pointing to his newfound compatriots.

In a moment, two shiny coins appeared from John's hand, disappearing just as quickly into a pocket, and glasses of whiskey as big as his own were before the two, nearly a pint of liquor apiece.
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

got an ingot of titanium

GP

Name
    Seth Keen
    Race
    Half Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    5'10.5 162 lbs.
    Job
    Whatever comes

As Gadrial and Lorenor conversed, the glasses of whisky that John had ordered up landed on the table in front of them both. Gadrial noticed John toss the coins to the waitress, so he looked over at John and nodded in thanks.

"One moment my friend" Gadrial said to lorenor as he held his hand up. A polite gesture. Gadrial turned to John and said "Thank you sir, tell me please. What is your name?" and than sips on the whisky, savoring the taste.

Fists of Fury
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job

View Profile
    John simply tilted his glass a little, cocking his head to the side for a moment as he lifted the cup. The tavern was quickly returning to a semblance of normalcy after the half-giant and the man with glowing eyes occupied the table.

Though, John thought to himself, it's definitely not the strangest sight this place has seen.

He spoke, his timbre deepened by the cigar he smoked. "John. He gestured to the glass before them. "For taking your seat, friend."

got an ingot of titanium

GP

Name
    Seth Keen
    Race
    Half Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    5'10.5 162 lbs.
    Job
    Whatever comes

As The Peaceful Promenade returned to exactly what it was before the fray that left 3 men strewed on the floor, Gadrial nodded in gratitude to John. Gadrial lifted the glass of whisky as he said "Thank you my friend, and no worries." Gadrial took a drink from the large glass.

Gadrial normally sat alone wherever he went. But on this night, with the half giant John and the paladin Lorenor. He felt comfortable. He felt as if he was with people he some how knew that he could rely on.

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Lorenor could have sworn he'd seen the big half-giant fellow somewhere else before.

He wasn't one who drank alcohol so he politely declined the drink.

As he sat there, he observed the conversation between John and Gadrial. I have names now that's good. A man named John...Gadrial...so he was an Elf after all... Lorenor was deep in thought as he sat there, rubbing his chin. At that point he thought of something and realized he had not yet introduced himself.

"I'm Lorenor." He said quietly addressing the two of them. He'd been deep in thought trying to recollect where he'd seen similar symbols like the signet that Gadrial wore. The symbol on the boy's ring troubled him greatly. It wasn't necessarily a dark or evil symbol, but a magical one none the less. Lorenor's seasoned eyes picked out those aspects of the ring. However, he could not identify the true nature of the crest.

Try as he might, he didn't have complete knowledge of Elven families and clan history.

And so, he figured he would leave the boy to his secrets.

His two companions were smokers and heavy drinkers. Whiskey... Lorenor judged by the scent of the alcohol that John had conjured. They both have power, that is promising. And the boy, Gadrial has great combat prowess. Lorenor nodded with approval. He looked directly at John.

"Hey. John, was it? You ever been as far out North as Salvar before?" Lorenor asked of the big man. He knew that Salvarn Humes were very tall and sturdy built. He's got to be a Salvarn, even if he's a half-breed. Lorenor thought to himself. Lorenor was still socially awkward having been in Ixian Knight's Reformation period for five years of his life. Prior to his awakening in the current age of Althanas. He was still teaching himself cultural customs and languages.

Lorenor had been to Salvar very recently in a trip up North, he'd been tying up loose ends.

The injury he'd sustained during that adventure still scarred him...

As he waited for John's reply his eyes went towards the big men that had assaulted Gadrial earlier. They were staring at their table's general direction and talking with each other...probably scheming. Lorenor saw the bigger of the ruffians, the man named Lex...That's what Gadrial had called him yes...? Lorenor thought to himself. And then he returned his attention back to John and Gadrial.

The aroma of smoke, tobacco and cannibus was strong in the tavern.

It relaxed the troubled Paladin, and he didn't mind a small moment of peace before he returned to his crusade.
    The Alpha and The Omega.
    The Beginning and The End.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast