black
    Eye Color
    white
    Build
    5'7"
    Job
    ex-monk

Folding Space (price check)

Hello, how much would it cost for a stone that could teleport distances based upon recharge time?

I.E. It can teleport a maximum of 3 meters after a minimum recharge of 10 minutes, and a subsequent addition of 1 meter per every 5 extra minutes spent recharging

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Before I give you a price, whats the maximum distance this stone could take someone?
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

EXP: 5,075, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next level: 3,925
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,925
    GP

Name
    Koli
    Race
    human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    white
    Build
    5'7"
    Job
    ex-monk

Um, what would be the major price difference between 25 meters, 50 meters, 100 meters, and across the sea from Corone to Raiaera, for example?

Now, some would argue that distance is relevant, and others would say it is not. Of course I say all of this with "advantages" in battle kept in mind (because the ability of an object technically doesn't matter in quests; let's be honest nobody cares about an object's power unless it affects somebody else's PC in some way shape or form). If, per say, in a citadel battle, the character wanted to escape altogether from the fight, would it matter if the stone could teleport him 50 meters as opposed to 100 meters? What about 1000? All he has to do is escape from the vicinity of his foe which could easily be done in 25 meters distance. Even at that rate, the battle would still be lost because the character who "ran" surrendered in retreat.

However, say that somebody wanted to use the stone to dodge from an opponent. The distance is not necessarily a huge influening factor. Again, this is arguable, but think of it this way. If somebody was actively in a fight, and he teleported 5 meters away to dodge a swordblow, or an arrow. What's does the actual distance matter whether he teleported 5 meters or 100 meters? He still dodged the blow. And even after that, the stone has to recharge for another 10 whole minutes before it can even be used again to teleport 3 meters, let alone its maximum distance.

Conversely, say that somebody wanted to use the stone to gain the upper hand on an opponent. Okay, technically he could go all "assassin" style and teleport directly behind him and stab him in the back. Hear me out- I will address all issues to this. Distance would only be important to a certain degree. If, per say, he were actively in a fight with the person, he could use the stone to teleport 2 meters and stab him in the back, or if he was stalking the foe from a distance, he could teleport behind him and kill him without the person even knowing. This is only really effective for the distance that the person using the stone can see, which is only about 40 meters at best (for an average person). It's not like the person with the stone could know exactly where his foe is 1000 meters away and know the precise spot that he needs to teleport to kill him. But to go even further, this would NEVER happen, because it is called *power gaming* and would DQ the person doing it, so we wouldn't really have to worry about that.

But also one must keep in mind that by the very definition of the stone's essence, there is a minimum 10 minute mandated recharging period during which the stone cannot be used at all. Even if the stone is fully charged, it doesn't matter whether it is used to teleport 1 meter or a million meters, all of the energy will be used and it can only teleport 3 meters after a minimum of ten minutes.

So because of these reasons, I'm arguing that maximum distance doesn't really matter, what matters is how long one must wait until it can be used again, which is 10 minutes. Now keep in mind that's just my opinion, and I understand if that's not the way it will be seen. I just want to try and help broaden your perspective, because many people on this site are very one-sided and tunnel-visioned. (except Dirks, he sees all sides)

All that being said, how much would it cost for no maximum distance, in addition to those distances listed above?

GP

Name
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

I was asking based on clerical reasons, no need to write an essay justifying your purchase mate

As for a price, im gonna call it at 600 gp, seem reasonable.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

EXP: 5,075, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next level: 3,925
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,925
    GP

Name
    Koli
    Race
    human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    white
    Build
    5'7"
    Job
    ex-monk

Thank you so much! You can close the thread now, it was just a price check. And thank you for getting back so soon

GP

Name
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

You could trade 1ap for 100gp and afford your item FYI

Fists of Fury
    EXP: 29,216, Level: 7
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 5,784
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,784
    GP

Name
    (Sir) John Albert Cromwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sandy blonde, falls around his shoulders barely
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile
    Gonna close this up, but I'll front whatever Koli is short, should it come up in 4.0!
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)