Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile

The Fall of Castiel

Millennia ago; before humans, before the wars and before the downfall of the lands of Althanas. A race of ethereal beings walked the lands. Instilling life and Mana energy into the soil, promoting the growth of life. These beings are known as the Ar’Tuel.

However, no longer are the Ar’Tuel alone in the world - now other races have sprung to life, building civilisations, and destroying the forests, nature and their home. The Ar’Tuel want to make peace, want to teach, and in turn want to learn.

-Closed to Lucifer-

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Long Ago…

Amari, 3rd born of the Ar’Tuel was dozing soundly. Nestled between the trunk and branches of a large tree. A single leg dangled listlessly in the air as it hung over the edge of the branch. It was nightfall, and stars littered the sky, a hundred thousand lights glimmering as though they were a hundred thousand lives. Her chest, bare besides the leaves that had stuck to her glowing form rose and fell with the gentle rhythm of a comforting sleep. Her crimson hair cascaded over the branch and swayed to and fro in an unseen, constant current. Shifting slowly, in tune with the mana in the air.

All was still. All was serene.

“Amari~”

The whisper came from above. Calling her name in a sickly sweetened tone, a sing-song voice elongating her name. Urging her to wake. “Ah~Mah~Ri~”

A long, slender arm reached down and a single index finger brushed scarlet strands away from her face. Amari’s nose wrinkled at the slight touch, but she remained deep in the land of dreams.

There was a sigh, and the rustle of leaves. The creaking of branches and the snapping of twigs as the owner of the voice shifted to sit on the branch Amari slept on.

He was another Ar’Tuel. 4th born. An elder like her. His form glowed just as hers did. An elegant, soft warmth radiated from the man. His hair sat in white wisps just above his ears. As though he dunked his head into the pale moonlight and his form drank it up. He hovered over her, glowing sapphire eyes watching. Waiting. He reached out again, pressing his index finger into the side of her cheek.

“Wake up Amari.”

Amari groaned. Her eyes fluttered open. “C-Castiel?” She sat up straight, and he shifted to a seated position next to her. “Castiel.” She said, her voice chastising him. “Why do you wake me?”

Castiel shifted his gaze from Amari toward the sky. The serene smile on his face faded and was replaced by a look of concern. “I was watching them today. The hoomans. They started tearing down the east section of the forest. We should do something.”

“We shouldn’t.” Amari corrected. Placing a comforting hand over Castiels. “We may have wandered this world long before they have, but they have a right to be here. They are unable to adapt like we can. They have physical bodies made of flesh and bone. They need shelter from the elements, from the beasts that walk this land. They need food to sustain their empty stomachs. We shall do what we always do. Silently move on.”

Castiel frowned, he clearly didn’t agree with Amari. Amari pursed her lips, trying to find a solution. Castiel was a smart man, and she respected how he had always given them a different perspective. Her thoughts wandered to Alkieh, the 2nd born and fellow Elder. “Alkieh has a physical body.Would it put you at ease if we had him talk with the hoomans? We will set up a meeting and discuss their use of the land.”

Castiel didn’t reply immediately. His eyes fell down, and wandered the forest floor. Amari, ever patient and understanding awaited his reply.

EXP: 3,500, Level: 2
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next level: 1,500
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,500
    GP

Name
    Castiel Lucifer
    Race
    Ar'Tuel; Human
    Hair Color
    Snow White
    Eye Color
    Blood Red
    Build
    6'2 / 184
    Job
    Order of the Dusk

Castiel had known for some time now that his feelings for the Earth had become stronger, the way the forests burned and the sky turned black, compelled him ever more to protect it. To the others it may have felt strange that a powerful ethereal being was so attached to the Earth, but the simple fact was that they needed it. Their kind was suffering silently just to make way for ungrateful leeches.

Castiel pleaded with Amari, pain stricken in his eyes “I’ve seen how these mortals act, there is no amount of reasoning that is enough. They would smile with a sick grin, look you in the eye, and ask ‘what's in it for me?’ As if the prosperity and safety of the Earth wasn’t good enough. We can’t keep going on like this Amari, you know it as well as I do. If they keep destroying the Earth at this rate, in another millennia there won't be enough mana to sustain us anymore. But yes, send him to talk. It will prove I’m right, so watch what happens closely, Amari. But when the time comes, I won’t be sitting idly by.”

Castiel watched as Amari contemplated his words. Amari was one of the few elders who tried to listen to his side of the story, but she was set in her ways. Too focused on the so called ‘peace’ she believed we were in. Before she even said anything, Castiel knew what she was going to say. “Castiel. That just means our time here will soon come to pass.”

Castiel nodded, not because he agreed, but because he was proven right. “I won’t allow that to happen. I’ll come back for you Amari. I will ask you to join me. But not until you understand, that the existence of these pests, isn’t good for anyone. It’s not just about us.”

Amari was visibly concerned for him. None of the Ar’Tuels enjoyed watching the suffering of their kin. But Amari was bound by the laws of nature, just like the other elders, they’d prefer to wither away than enact justice, if it meant forsaking their own souls.

Castiel bit his tongue and looked away from her “Cowards…” He mumbled under his breath. If none of his kind would fight for what was right, then he’d cast his own soul into oblivion to restore the rightful balance of this world.
    Last edited by Lucifer; 12-24-16 at 05:37 AM.

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Amari didn’t like hearing the way Castiels voice changed when he talked about the hoomans, and the other races. She didn’t like the way his tone darkened and his eyes narrowed. It frightened her. She could see and sense a hatred welling inside him, one that she feared would hurt him. “Castiel…” Her voice filled with concern, she turned to him. Squeezing his hand tighter. “Come back? You’re not going anywhere are you? This is the third time you have mentioned going away.” Castiel shrugged in response. “Castiel we need you here. We’re still in the process of writing out the Ar’Tuel tomes.”

She offered him a small laugh in an attempt to ease the tension that had began to stir between the two. “I am horrible at writing.” She lifted her hand up as she imitated the practised motions, as though she held a quill in hand. “I can’t ever get the loops right. It’s so fascinating though. Writing...leaving behind physical impressions of our ideals and hopes. Our teachings and our way of life.” She leaned backward. Her glowing gaze lifting toward the sky above. “It’s beautiful, and it’s why I’m ok with the knowledge that one day, my time here will end, because I know I will live on in these tomes, and in the memories of the other Ar’Tuel.”

“I don’t want you to disappear Amari.” Castiel hissed. “I don’t want any of us to.” He stood, still aggravated. “I’ll go get Alkieh.”

Amari nodded, pursing her lips as she watched him gracefully hop off the tree and storm off toward one of the hooman-made clearings where Arkieh resided. Now that Arkieh had bound himself to a physical form - he required shelter, and lived amongst some of the hoomans.

It hurt Amari’s chest to see Castiel this way. She watched him from his first moments of existence, she watched him flourish. She watched him grow. His abilities were unmatched, even by her and the 2nd born - Alkieh. “Castiel…” She whispered softly, “I wish there was a way I could help that pain growing inside of you.” She didn’t understand his feelings or sentiments, but she wanted to. She had tried to - but she just didn’t see the absolute destruction that Castiel promised.

No species could possibly be that stupid.

---------------------------------------------

A century had passed, and just as Castiel predicted, the Ar Tuel were driven from their homes. Some were captured and used as an energy resource, others had their very souls sucked dry by magicians and alchemists, harvested for their powerful mana and life energy.

The Ar’Tuel tomes, six in total were scattered across the lands of Althanas, in the hands of the Ar’Tuel who gained physical bodies.

It wasn’t a war, it was a massacre.

---------------------------------------------

GP

Name
    Castiel Lucifer
    Race
    Ar'Tuel; Human
    Hair Color
    Snow White
    Eye Color
    Blood Red
    Build
    6'2 / 184
    Job
    Order of the Dusk

Alkieh failed, and not only did he fail, but he let the world know about the Ar’Tuels secrets. “What’s in it for me?” The hoomans had said. And the fool fell right for it. Now their kind was on the cusp of extinction, and Castiel had enough of it. They weren’t interested in learning how to co-exist. All they cared about was conquering, and taking for themselves. Their greed was only surpassed by their stupidity.

Castiel went to the other elders again, pleading for a final time. But they had their hearts set on euthanasia. It was in that defining moment, being denied aid from his own kind, shunned from their loving eyes. “How dare you suggest we exterminate the people!?” They would say with looks of disdain. It was as if a truck had ran over a schoolgirl on her way to the doctors to treat an illness.

He collapsed rage seething through his being. Their race were literally being treated as disposable batteries, and all they could do was watch?! Castiel's soul began to darken, and the beautiful warm orange light he had spilled out into the world had turned into a bright crimson. The Earth trembled as the skies bled red at that defining moment.

“S-Somethings wrong!” He could hear Amari’s words, but they didn’t register with him. She had pushed past the other elders-and he could feel her grip on his shoulders, the calming energy radiating from her - but he shoved her aside.

Castiel's eyes glared at the elders, a scourging fire replacing the soft beauty he once held. They fell onto Amari, piercing her soul as if saying ‘I told you so’. He knew what had to be done, and he’d make good on what he said.

“Very well.” He finally spoke. “You may perish along with the rest of this Earth. But I will not. You may give up on your lives. But I will not. I won’t see you destroy yourself, won't see them, destroy you all, any longer.” He took a final look at Amari, a softer gaze this time “I’m done here.”

Amari knew what those words meant, he was leaving just like he said all those years ago.

“Rebirth..” He whispered, his soul leaving the realm in which they reisded. A black light emitted like a pillar of darkness, blocking out all light for a split second.

Amari scrambled up, gripping onto Castiel again; her pleading, frantic whispers falling on deaf ears. “Please don’t do this...please stop.” Castiel shook his head “It’s too late, Amari”

"For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment ..."
    Last edited by Lucifer; 12-24-16 at 05:44 AM.

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    They sat on the forest floor, surrounded by trees, centuries old. The sun forced its way through the canopy above. Around them stood the four other elders. Alkieh, who wore loose clothing - being in a physical body. He was stalwart, muscular. Long black hair tied back in a high ponytail. His golden eyes bore down on Castiel. Far’Sieh, who also had raven black hair which fell to her hips. The other two; younger beings - twins held each other's hands tightly. Golden locks curled around their freckled faces which wore disapproving looks.

Amari clutched Castiel, he forced himself into a Rebirth; she could feel the pain radiating through his form. She felt an overwhelming sensation of dread. The air around her grew thick with decay. The forest around them had an adverse reaction to Castiel’s rebirth. The trees buckled, the grass wilted and blackened, and the flowers dried up.

Amari wanted to hold tight to him, she loved Castiel, just as she loved all the Ar’Tuel - and she didn’t want to see him suffer, but her grip was loosened and she was forced to let go. She inched backward, barely escaping the drowning darkness that engulfed Castiel and the area around him.

“What is happening?” One of the elders shouted.

“Someone contain him! He’s hurting the earth!”

Amari pursed her lips, shaking her head as she turned to face the other 4 elders. “No!” She cried out. “We need to help him not contain him! That’s not what we do.”

Behind her, the darkness flickered out, and sunshine began to push through the forest canopy above. The commotion caused the other Ar’Tuel who had sought refuge in the forest to wander close, bright glowing eyes watching. Some in fear, others in interest. It was odd to see the elders convene, and even stranger to see them argue amongst themselves. Some were in their natural forms, others had chosen to take physical beings. Humans, Elves, even Faun - it was safer to take refuge in a physical body. Less risk of being hunted and caught. Regardless, all being were still welcomed within the inner sanctum.

“What have you done, Castiel?” Alkieh muttered, standing back.

Amari turned her attention back to Castiel, her glowing eyes widening in mild shock at what she saw. Red energy spewed out from all facets of Castiel's being. Cracking with thunderous noise. Twirling in a wild frenzy, whipping to and fro. As if tails of a frantic demon were lashing out. As these locks of energy passed through the other Ar’Tuel, their souls ached as they were inflicted with a pain unlike anything they’ve ever felt before, but it wasn’t because he was harming them, it was because they were feeling what he felt.

The scene caused an eruption of muttering sounds from the surrounding Ar’Tuel and all who were struck by the negative energy were not immune to its force.

Those who were hit had collapsed to the floor. Clutching their chests, their arms and their heads. Wherever the strange, dark energy struck. Amari herself had been caught out, one of the tendrils slicing through her chest. Unlike the others, she showed little signs of pain. She felt it though. She felt a burning hatred, she felt a heavy heartache. She felt the pain of being weighed down by the burdens of a thousand souls. The hurt and frustration. Tears dotted her ever glowing eyes as she forced herself to her feet. She was an elder, she had to ensure the safety of the others.

“Far’Sieh, we need healers.” She grimaced, quickly taking control of the situation. “You two-” She gestured toward the twins. “Guide the others out of here - we need to kno-*cough* know what happened to Castiel, and we can’t have others being caught up in this.”

“What happened?” Alkieh boomed, stepping forward. His leather boots crunching twigs and sticks beneath his heavy step. He scoffed “He’s no longer an Ar’Tuel. Amari - There is no other way to describe this other than corruption. His very being is corrupted.”

“What?” Amari cried out in disbelief, “You jest, surely! He’s hurt. He needs our help.”

“You can barely stand. After what he has done to you, you still defend him?”

“I do!” Amari cried out, the pain evident in her voice. “Just as I defend all who strive to live. All who pulse with energy and mana, all who walk this world.”

Alkieh stepped forward, and gestured for Amari to move aside. “We need to take care of this now. Before this happens to anyone else.”

GP

Name
    Castiel Lucifer
    Race
    Ar'Tuel; Human
    Hair Color
    Snow White
    Eye Color
    Blood Red
    Build
    6'2 / 184
    Job
    Order of the Dusk

Castiel shot a look of disgust and hatred at Alkieh, his voice trembling with shock not fully understanding what was happening to himself either. It felt as though his whole being was changing at its core, and he had no idea how to stop it or what it was going to do to him.

“You hypocrite! You cast your eyes down on me!? You dare say you need to confine me!? ME!? THIS IS YOUR DOING! You, who disgraced us. You who failed US! We are dying because YOU FAILED! Do not speak to me about defending the people here, for you would forsake us all. You are a coward! You are all COWARDS!”

Alkieh flinched slightly at Castiel’s uncontrollable display of rage. “No” Alkieh responded. “You are the coward, Castiel. You are more like the hoomans than you think.”

Castiel didn’t understand. He wasn’t like the hoomans, that was a factual impossibility. He was an immortal. Images of his kin being killed flashed into his head, collections of Ar’Tuel souls kept in containment. That was what was coming for him, and he knew it.

“I do not fear death, Alkieh. It is simply a fools destiny to allow himself to be turned into nothing more than a material good. FOOL!”

His could finally feel his spirit leaving, but it didn’t feel as if his soul was free, it was if he was being shackled, shackled by his own hatred and darkness. A fate unbecoming of an Ar’Tuel.

And then, there was nothing. The sanctum fell silent as Castiel was nowhere to be seen. The skies returned to its natural state, and the world for a moment felt as if it were at peace. However this was a calm. An unsettling calm before a storm that was to be set into motion.

Castiel was not done, he would avenge his fallen brothers and sisters, he would make sure the world understood what it meant to anger the hand that fed them.
    Last edited by Lucifer; 12-24-16 at 05:49 AM.

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    The silence was deafening, far deafening than the noise, or the pained cries that had enveloped the area mere moments before. Castiel was gone, but so too was the pain. Amari shot Alkieh a disapproving look before turning to inspect the area where Castiel once sat.

Her hands glided over the decay and rot that he left. The flora beneath her touch sprung back into life. “He’s hurt the land.” She whispered.

“Exactly.” Said Alkieh. “That’s corruption. Did you not feel it Amari? That noise? That suffocation.” He kneeled down next to her, picking up a pile of dirt and massaged it between thumb and forefinger. “The entirety of his existence, it’s as though it has become the opposite of what we are.”

Amari kept her gaze on the ground, her voice low. “We exist to bring life to the world. We have wandered across the lands, travelled across the seas- we’ve instilled mana to every place we tread. Are you saying he is going to take that all away?” She rose her questioning gaze to Alkieh.

“Can’t be sure.” Alkieh muttered, scratching the stubble on his chin. The man shifted the subject, seeing Amari quite upset.“You did well Amari. We stood idly by, and you took charge, you got the others away. You tried to help him.” His praise fell to a soft whisper. “You two were close, were you not?”
    Amari nodded, stood and wrapped her arms around Alkieh, burying her face into the crook of his neck. He was physical, and she ethereal, so her form slightly sunk into his. “I love him Alkieh, I love you all.”

“Amari!” One of the twins had returned, “The others are safe, and there seems to be no lasting damage.”

“That’s a relief.” Amari said, before turning her attention back to Alkieh. “If what you say is true. We need to find him.” He went to speak, but Amari held her hand up in front of his face. “I will go. I will find him, and I will attempt to talk some sense into him.”

“If you must, Amari, but he may not be the same soul you once knew.”

“No, but he is our friend.” She said to Alkieh, turning her back on him. She wished him and the others good tidings before leaving - she had to find Castiel. She just had to. That pain... If that was what he was feeling all the time, then Amari could only assume he was lost, alone and hurting.

And no one should ever feel that way.

GP

Name
    Castiel Lucifer
    Race
    Ar'Tuel; Human
    Hair Color
    Snow White
    Eye Color
    Blood Red
    Build
    6'2 / 184
    Job
    Order of the Dusk

Years later, It was then at the most unlikely of times, a young human with a sincere heart would stumble across the spirit of Castiel. The young man with his life to live, could only see destruction and pain, as did Castiel. The man felt Castiel's pain and anguish, he felt his desire to end the suffering that plagued the Earth.

The boy reached out to the spirit and spoke “Who are you?” his voice echoed. Castiel was cautious, eager to hide his real identity to be safe. He spoke what he believe to be true, and was true “I am the bringer of light, human” The young man thought for a moment “Lucifer? That means light bringer doesn’t it” Castiel beamed with satisfaction “Yes, that is correct”

The two understood each other, and It wasn’t long before they created an unholy bond, as Castiel’s spirit merged with the man’s, and his chest was branded with the mark of the Ar’Tuel. “I Lucifer will bring this world back into the light” Castiel declared as he adjusted to the feeling of being on two legs again.

Lucifer rubbed his jawline, feeling the form of the human, from his observations, this body would be what humans called handsome. He touched the mirror thinking back to what just had happened, and the mirror turned to sand. “I may have to work on these new abilities..” He murmured as he walked out of the house, the wooden stairs and floorboards rotting with decay as he stepped.

The urge to cleanse the earth seemed to be heightened in this body, all his earthly senses filled him with mana and invigorated his body. Lucifer walked through the forests watching the Earth die as treaded over it, this was cause for much concern with him since he had no intention of harming the earth, just the mortals within it.

This simply made him angrier and thus kill even more things within a larger radius. He collapsed to his knees, death and decay surrounding him. “Such calamity..” His voice broke. So this is what that feeling at the sanctum meant, death and destruction, as he willed it.

That’s when it hit him, it was his anger spilling out, he had to learn to control his emotions if he wanted to be successful in his plans. He would not want to create another scene as he did in the sanctum.

Lucifer sat in the middle of the dead forest and meditated for what seemed like weeks, going through all the thoughts rushing in his head, compartmentalising everything, justifying his thoughts and actions, and coming to his own virtuous pace.

These answers and philosophy will be shared, he thought. “The order of the dusk, shall be my coven.” This corruption wasn’t a curse. It was a gift, a tool, a power inherent with the Ar'Tuel, a latent power, nessecary for their race to have, to restore balance when those they helped would misuse their kindness.

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    It had been years and Amari had trekked across the lands. From the bustling capital of Corone to the cold planes of Salvar. She found herself in Raiaera, amidst the forest. She was weary, and needed rest. The safest place to do that was nestled deep within the forests. Away from prying eyes. Away from the hunters.

Many people didn’t see nor sense her. The few who did were mostly lovely, kind. However, even fewer had tried to trick her, and even capture her. It was one man quite recently whom she just recently avoided. Some Necromancer whom she couldn’t recall the name of. She lost him as she entered the forest, and was very thankful for that.

“Castiel...just where are you?” She breathed. Leaning against a tree, she slipped to the floor. Shifting her weight side to side to get comfortable. Amari had a sinking feeling that he may have died that day in the clearing. He disappeared without a trace. She had seen it happen. An Ar’Tuel’s death, in her experience, bought great pain and heartache - and she had felt those things when she was struck by the angry red tendrils of energy that protruded from his form.

“Ar’Tuel.”

The voice was rough, croaky. Amari lifted her head to come face to face with the very necromancer that she thought she had managed to lose. “You have nothing to gain from this, necromancer.” Amari said, holding her head high as he approached her.

“I do. I really, really do.” He approached, and tore down the black hood that hid his face. His eyes were gray, and his face withered. He couldn’t be any more than 30 but he had aged terribly. Heavy wrinkles lined his eyes and he had hideous scars. He knelt down in front of Amari. “Know what I love about your kind?”

Amari didn’t move, she didn’t try to attack- she just offered him a disappointed stare. She wasn’t afraid of him, she was frustrated with the man. Stalking her for days. She was exhausted, generally she’d flee but she was trapped by his spindly form. She was tired, and weak.

THAT he said with a laugh as he extended his hand, pressing it to the mid of her chest. “You don’t fight! You just let me take you. You let me devour your souls.” He clutched his hand into a fist and Amari winced, she found herself unable to move. She wrenched her head away as he leaned in closer. He stank of death, of blood and fetid corpses.

Amari gave a pained gasp as the Necromancer slowly began to withdraw his hand, it felt as though he was tearing her apart. She tried to scream, but her voice wilted and no sound escaped her lips. She tried to push his hands away, but her own went straight through his.

“Painful, isn’t it?” He mused before laughing. “Just a few more seconds, and you’ll be a part of me. Your being will fuel my creations, my work.” Amari’s glowing eyes flickered, and her glowing form began to dull.

Minutes passed, and she still lived.

“You aren’t a regular Ar’Tuel are you?” Amari was too weak to answer. Her form was limp and her glow dull. Her eyes heavy. The necromancer leaned in, and moved as if to lick her cheek. “You feel so much better, you taste so much better.” He shivered. “Oh the things I will do with your essence.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast