I had fallen asleep at some point. I remembered my older sister saying that when I was asleep, it was her favourite time, she said silence was golden and I was incapable of it. I grumbled as I rubbed my eyes, feeling the warmth of Anubis in front of me. I loosely wrapped one arm around his waist.

I fidgeted, it was too quiet. Far too quiet. Silence bothered me, unlike my sister I hated it. Unless I was napping that is. To break the silence I asked Anubis about why he hunted the beasties, I didn't understand it myself. If they weren't bothering anyone, why bother them? Was it fun to kill things? Did it give him a rush?

He gave me an answer that...I didn't understand, he used words that I struggled to comprehend. Sopheestikated? What was that? Sometimes, I wish I paid more attention in language class.

Oh well...

"Et tu? Me?" I asked.

"Do you see any other cat-girls around here?" He asked.

I glanced around, looking for any. I found none, and realised that it was a rhetorical question. I huffed. "Eteri just looking for things."

"What kind of things, I am a hunter after all. Perhaps I could help."

I managed a laugh, an empty feeling settled in the pit of my stomach, and it wasn't just the lack of food, and the pain of my wounded shoulder. "No can find. Eteri look for souls." I leaned forward and pressed my forehead against his back. "I no have. Want to make one so no feel empty and cold."