(Moderator note: I am having Lorenor train an entirely different variant of The Holy Light as a healer. Hopefully it will work for the current events.)

Ettermire.

A long and arduous journey had taken Lorenor to that place once more. The looming obsidian towers of the dark city loomed over and it made Lorenor feel strangely at home. Where some folks would have felt uncomfortable with such structures, Lorenor felt calm and at peace. The darkness of the dimly lit hallways felt familiar to him and he'd grown accustomed
to the situation at hand. A sense of paranoia filled Ettermire as her people were falling sick at the hands of it's own choking air. Or perhaps something entirely darker. Lorenor had seen plague and pestilence before in other parts of Althanas, but this was different. This was a society that thrived in excess, over abundance and pretty much the darkest pleasures of the mortal soul. And in some cases, like Lorenor, the immortal soul. He stood there in one of the many streets of Ettermire with his companions. A group of four young Drow who had taken a liking to the shimmering man.

Lorenor didn't really mind the title.

In the city of Ettermire, one could not see the sky...the sun was completely hidden off. It was a dark city, the home of the Drow. Lorenor listened to his friends speaking about the current blight that was afflicting the city's water supplies and even the air itself. Lorenor listened, and he learned. He learned their customs and traditions, and their language, quite quickly. Dark Elf's language actually wasn't that difficult to learn. Lorenor leaned against the wall of a building they were gathered by. It was a public gathering hall, but currently, was being used to house many of the sick during the current tragedy that affected Ettermire.

Lorenor knew one thing...The land is suffering. The old Paladin thought about that oft lately. He was becoming quite attuned to the energies of the planet, the natural cry of the planet proper. Lorenor listened to the words of his companions, but mostly, he listened to the pain of the land. There was a howl in the wind, and a sad sort of agony. Someone in pain, but Lorenor understood where that pain was coming from. It was in the ground, in the air, in the very mortar of the buildings that were erected in Ettermire. Lorenor had his eyes closed as he thought deeply about the event. Lorenor had come to Ettermire to train and to learn more about his growing Paladin arts. He'd slowly begun to discover that there were few of his kind left on Althanas...but perhaps...that was the time for a reassurance of the old Heroes. Lorenor thought often of that, and he wrote carefully scribed notes in his journals about his findings. His observations. His thoughts and many other things yet, he kept detailed notes. Currently, Lorenor found himself scribing away various thoughts in his companion journals that he kept on hand at all times. Then, his friends addressed him.

"Sir Lorenor, what do you think can be done?" A male Drow with dark blue hair asked of Lorenor. He was in the Drow equivalent of his early thirties.

Lorenor blinked for a moment or two and kept leaning against the building's wall. "I am here to train. And to help where my power will allow me to help." Lorenor had been in Ettermire for the rough equivalent of a year up until that point. He was not fresh off the boat and he'd made friends and allies in his time there. Friends were a precious commodity and Lorenor valued their input and kinship. It helped put the current crisis in perspective. "Until I learn more of the old healing arts, I am still not sure where I can help." Lorenor said calmly.

The gathered Drow nodded towards him. "We gotta have you talk to the old ones again. They will be able to share their secrets with you and have you assist where it is needed."

"I did enjoy what few interactions I've had with them so far." Lorenor put his journal away in his packs. "Hopefully I can complete my initial training in due time, I want to help out where I can." Lorenor said calmly.

There were two males and two female Drow present before Lorenor. One of the females looked at Lorenor calmly. "Sir Lorenor, you have already done so much for our people. You have answered the call where many have not. But I worry we may be too late." She said.

"Big sis worries too much." The shorter of the two females said to her sister. "The goddess provides."

Lorenor listened to his friends speak. "Perhaps in time, I can learn to listen to the goddess of your people." Lorenor said casually. He listened to them talk for a few moments longer, when a female Drow in fancy robes approached them. She had a look of alarm on her face.

"Sir Lorenor, you have been summoned by the Elders of our Temple." The priestess said carefully. "One of the Old Ones has fallen ill and has requested you by her side." She had a grim expression on her face by that point.

"Your hour has come." The male Drow who spoke earlier has said. "Go. And don't ever look back."

"I shall return." Lorenor hugged the male Drow for a moment. "You have my word."

And so it began.