Her ears pricked up as she heard the change in tone of Amari's voice. She shrank back, away from the girl, hearing every single word as a cruelty, an order, a thing to be obeyed. Suddenly she felt that this was not going to go well, this relationship, this master and slave thing. Her arms folded around her, her younger, innocent self appearing even less mature as her black eyes widened.

It was a fact that she felt exposed and threatened by this girl, her new owner. Clearly she had underestimated her by presuming that because she was pretty and a younger version of most of her previous masters, then she would be good to her. Time to turn on the full effect of the innocent eyes, and try to use it to its greatest extent.

"Yes mas-" she stopped herself, when Amari had finished and told her to explain her past. She tried to think of another title to say but did not know one, so was simply silent for a moment. 'You know master is a masculine term right?' Astrophel tried to remember, but there had never been another term she had used for anyone. It was 'master' and thats all she knew. So for now, she guessed, she would just have to call this person by - well, be imaginative.

"Yes ... my ma- lady?" She brushed her hair from her face. "You are my seventeenth master in less years than that. Or eighteen, if you count my mother, though I never laid eyes on her, I just know that she owned my vessel when I was born. She threw my vessel out, onto the street, and it was found by Brontion, a tinker, then a camel herder who I knew not the name of. Then a merchant, Master Tsolo was his name, then his daughter Faradir. Then she gifted me to her lover, Maladorn, who was not of Alteron, but of another distant land ... possibly even here ..." She glanced around, looking over at the windows outside.

"Just where is here?" she whispered to herself.