Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [CLosed to Jethro] Wanted Dead or Alive: Ellkith Drune.

EXP: 3,109, Level: 2
    Level completed: 37%, EXP required for next level: 1,891
    Level completed: 37%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,891
    GP

Name
    Humphrey Nonyton
    Race
    ~Kitsune/Kanojin~
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Rouge
    Build
    6'3"/300lbs
    Job
    Hunter/Makai Slayer/Spirit Warder

View Profile
    The old teachings were part of scripture now to Humphrey.

He chanted in the quiet tongue of the Akashiman warders.

For the gathered, it would largely sound like a completely alien dialect.

Humphrey preferred it that way. His eyes were narrowed as the energy from the fell totem, the statue he had destroyed, swirled in the air alongside Humphrey's own chi. Humphrey was in a state of complete and utter battle meditation. His body glowed with the energy that would exorcise the fell energies that swirled from the smoldering, singed earth where the statue once was. Glowing arcane residue swirled through the air like dying ember. Humphrey stopped chanting at that point once the deed was done.

Eyes were upon the kitsune warder at that point.

There were glowing symbols, Shinto Onmyoudo symbols flaring on the ground. The deed was done. Humphrey readied his sword-arm and prepared to cut down the foul cultists. He would leave Drune's capture to his companion, the minions mattered not. A few moments later, Humphrey cut down several more individuals. A few ran, they would be caught later. At that point, only three remained that were followers of Drune. Humphrey could still sense the magical taint of the fell statue's power. Further, the weapon that Drune wielded caught his eye...it too had a fell taint. Humphrey only guessed that they were dark art worshipers, or far worse.

Humphrey closed his eyes at that point, focusing on the task at hand. He'd bought Jethro the needed time to defeat their enemy. And so, Humphrey began his elegant sword-dance on the few remaining cultists.

Their fate was already sealed.
    Ladies and gentlemen introducing the old...dirty...bastard!

EXP: 2,640, Level: 2
    Level completed: 22%, EXP required for next level: 2,360
    Level completed: 22%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,360
    GP

Name
    Jethro Miller
    Race
    Humaniod
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'6

View Profile
    Jethro taking advantage of Drune's distraction grabbed a piece of chain and slung it around Drune's neck and pulled hard.

Drune caught the chain by his fingers and drove his head into Jethro's face.

Jethro felt the concussion and knew that it would take time to heal but kept a grip on the chain and kicked the back of Drune's knee.

Drune's knees collapsed from under him as he started grasping for breath. He made an attempt to attack Jethro with his axe but the cumbersome weapon didn't have enough force to land a worth while hit and he dropped the axe.

As Drune fell to his knees Jethro pressed his knee in between Drune's shoulders and pushed it deep into his spine forcing him to the ground.

Drune hit the ground as his vision went from clear and a full field to two small points of light to fuzzy grey to finally black.

Jethro for good measure smashed Drune's head against a rock. Rising to his feet Jethro looked around, the scene was a bloody mess. "I'm going to see if I can't find a horse to lash this guy to." Jethro said as he stepped away from the battle field looking for the horse that lead the pair to this particular fight.

Some time later Jethro had returned with the horse it not being too far away grazing on some grass.

During that time Drune came to and was groggily attempting to rise to his feet and was subsequently knocked back out with a swift stomp from Jethro's foot. Jethro tossed Drune over the horses back and smiled.

GP

Name
    Humphrey Nonyton
    Race
    ~Kitsune/Kanojin~
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Rouge
    Build
    6'3"/300lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Humphrey stole a glance at Jethro as the man took care of their actual target.

Good...the followers don't matter as much anymore. Arcane energies pulsed through the air from where Humphrey destroyed the totem like statue. The kitsune studied the remaining few followers of Drune. Humphrey pointed towards their leader, now defeated. Humphrey nodded towards Jethro and looked at the remaining three cultists.

"You have a choice." Humphrey said coldly. "If you walk away from this mess peacefully, you get to keep your lives." Humphrey pointed towards the fallen and crumbled form of Drune. "Your leader is no more, your cult is finished." Humphrey said confidently. "There is no more need for loss of life."

The oldest of the remaining cultists looked at Drune and seemed to be weighing in the situation. "Where do you intend to take him?" The cultist asked.

"He's done. There's a substantial bounty for him." Humphrey said matter of factly. Then he sheathed his weapon in it's scabbard. Humphrey, basically, was a walking arsenal.

Humphrey signaled towards Jethro to get a move on. I hope he gets my meaning...he's a bright enough guy. I have something to finish up here. Humphrey thought to himself. Humphrey looked at the cultists. "What's it going to be then?"

"You've won the day." The cultist said in defeat. "But our order will return someday and we will remember your face." He gathered his remaining companions and left the scene.

Humphrey watched as Jehtro took off with his stolen horse. Then, Humphrey walked over towards Drune's weapon. As he suspected the weapon's blade had markings, RUNES that were not from the Thayne Codex. The runes were red markings and had a familiar aspect to the warder. Humphrey knelt down towards the masterwork axe and picked it up by the handle. He began the Shinto Onmyoudo arts to cleanse the already enchanted weapon...

GP

Name
    Jethro Miller
    Race
    Humaniod
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'6

View Profile
    Jethro took the horse by the reigns it acted skittish around him as well as most other animals. He was used to it so he began the easy walk back to town to collect the bounty. In his main hand he kept the reigns in his other was his spear which he was using as a walking stick. His instincts told him there was something off about the area but most likely it was from what ever totem that Drune had been using to fuel his raids. He passed the feeling off as just that and continued on.

Presently there was a groaning that came from the pairs quarry as the horse and Jethro slowly clopped back towards the city. This was nothing new as other bounties did the same. "I'd shut up if I were you" instructed Jethro. Drune for all his inability to produce a cogent sentence still was able to produce enough defiance in his slurred gurgles to annoy Jethro and he received another strike to his temple. The bounty said alive but nothing about brain damage.

With their prisoner once again quieted down Jethro proceeded to mosey along a little bit further letting his companion catch up.

GP

Name
    Humphrey Nonyton
    Race
    ~Kitsune/Kanojin~
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Rouge
    Build
    6'3"/300lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Humphrey had a vision.

Sometimes, the warder arts had unusual affects on the caster. Humphrey was in city full of Kitsune and Nekomatas. The city was a free city where those like his kind could live free and wild. Humphrey saw himself considerably older and wiser, and was the leader of that city. His eyes went wide as the older version of himself beckoned for him to come forward. Humphrey obliged and walked towards his counter part. Humphrey looked at the older version of himself and the man spoke to him.

"You have a lot of work ahead of you." Old Man Humphrey said calmly. "This will not come to pass if you don't continue along your path."

"What is being foreseen here? I have never had such a vision. The elders of our people said sometimes this could happen though." Humphrey looked around the free city and understood that he was meant to see this as it was.

"Take your friend and begin to build." Old Man Humphrey said calmly. "People will come who are Exiles, fleeing from this or that disaster."

"I don't know how to build a city." Humphrey admitted.

"Trust in yourself, Humphrey. There is always a way. Become who you are meant to become." Old Man Humphrey said and continued. "The weapon you have acquired from Drune is the key. Remember what you have accomplished here today." Old Man Humphrey said calmly.

"The Symbols, they have a familiar aspect. What were they? And what was that totem?" Humphrey had many questions to ask.

"That is information you will have to find for yourself." Old Man Humphrey said calmly. "But I promise you. You will find the knowledge you seek. Go now, take care of your earth bound affairs. But remember all that you've seen here today."

Humphrey blinked as reality returned to normal.

He found himself staring at Drune's Masterwork axe. This weapon is the key... Humphrey repeated the thought in his mind. Deciding he would keep the elegant weapon, Humphrey attached the glowing weapon to his belt. Then he stood up and looked around the abandoned camp. I need answers, answers I will not find here. That totem statue was not part of the Thayne Codex. Something else is going on here...I don't think the answers are going to be pleasant. Humphrey gathered himself and decided to catch up to Jethro. He has had a head start but it should not be terribly difficult to catch up to him. Humphrey went on foot to catch up to Jethro's horse.

A little while passed and Humphrey saw Jethro up ahead waiting for him...

Humphrey waved towards his friend and it would be incredibly apparent that Humphrey decided to keep the axe.

Humphrey caught up to Jethro and stood at his side. "We should go to the bounty station and figure things out from there. I was going to split the bounty fifty/fifty but you have been a man of great and admirable skill. You may keep the whole bounty reward. I will accompany you. I just am keeping this weapon for myself. It has answers I need." Humphrey knew his journey with Jethro was just beginning...

GP

Name
    Jethro Miller
    Race
    Humaniod
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'6

View Profile
    Jethro smiled and nodded "I am much obliged" he said as he guided the horse back towards the bounty station. There was a feeling along his neck and along his arms he turned to look at the axe. There was a glint to the axe and of course there was the ruins "that was the axe that our prisoner had" he mentioned as the pair moved.

Jethro didn't say much else there was always the light thump thump thump of the cap of his spear on what ever the pair was treading on. He was a considerate person. Not in the sense of etiquette but more in the sense that he considered what was happening. He observed the world they passed through there were the things that normally wasn't seen the insects that scurried over a small hill or the half buried piece of carrion. Things people didn't see because they didn't want to see them or because society said that it would not be genteel to see them.

Every so often he would take a glance at the axe, he wouldn't say any thing he'd just glance at it. He preferred the spear it was a well rounded weapon and more of a utility tool than a full on weapon either way it was effective. But that axe he left it alone for now maybe after they turned in their bounty he would take a closer look at it. Right now he kept his mind in the moment keeping their prisoner in check if he should act up.

GP

Name
    Humphrey Nonyton
    Race
    ~Kitsune/Kanojin~
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Rouge
    Build
    6'3"/300lbs
    Job

View Profile
    They arrived at the bounty station and immediately there was a commotion.

"What is the meaning of this???!" The same bounty collector said from before.

Humphrey and his companion, Jethro entered the bounty station with Drune in tow.

"I have come for the bounty on this mark." Humphrey said calmly. There were several guards who surrounded Jethro and Humphrey but the target was clearly Drune.

"How much do you want?" The collector asked calmly.

Humphrey looked at his companion, Jethro. "Give my companion the full reward. I have what I have come for." Humphrey said calmly, he didn't like how the Alerarians did business.

They lack honour and discipline... Humphrey thought to himself. It's not all of them either...it's these higher up's. They lack honour... Humphrey was greatly concerned at the state of affairs in Alerar. Things did not bode well. Especially if there was ever a full scale war between Raiaera and Alerar...that would prove disastrous. Humphrey motioned for Jethro to hand the target over. The collector walked towards them and gave Jethro a large sack. It was filled with gold.

"You guys have done great work...better than I expected." The collector began. "We at the hunter association would be glad to do business with you two again."

Lies. I can see the hate in his eyes...he expected us to fail... Humphrey shook his head. "We'll do further business with you guys again. Keep an eye out." Humphrey said. Humphrey looked at Jethro. "Let us take our leave my friend." Humphrey said calmly and prepared to take his exit out of the horrible and corrupted bounty office...he never felt comfortable around officials anyway. With their games and their corruption...

The smell in the bounty office was that of corruption and it made Humphrey cringe inside...

GP

Name
    Jethro Miller
    Race
    Humaniod
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'6

View Profile
    Jethro had carried Drune like a sack of potatoes and unceremoniously dropped him on the the floor. Unlike his companion he didn't mind the hate or the grunginess of the bounty station. What he did mind was the sloppiness of the pile of bounty hunters that decided to make this hovel their abode. He gave a nod of thanks and hefted the purse of gold in his hand "it's light" Jethro mentioned with an annoyed tone.

The collector glared at Jethro and Jethro glared right back and the smirked the situation instantly dissolving from an utterly tense powder keg to something more light hearted. Taking the money he stepped out of the bounty station and caught up with his ally. "We should find a spot and figure out what your toy does" Jutting his chin at the axe.

He began to make his way towards the outskirts of the city proper. There was one thing about boom towns and in-spite of all the industry that had sprung up over night there was still plenty of shops, hovels and hole in the walls that had been abandoned or forced out of business. They were boarded up and ran down so much so that authorities rarely if ever visited those parts of town. Finding a suitable rundown shack that already had its door kicked in he motioned to a hodgepodge table and said "Lets figure this out shall we?"

GP

Name
    Humphrey Nonyton
    Race
    ~Kitsune/Kanojin~
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Rouge
    Build
    6'3"/300lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Humphrey recalled the vision of his older self and simply let Jethro lead forward.

They were in a run down section of town in Ettermire, and Humphrey's heart ached seeing people suffering in that nature and way.

He knew no Nation was perfect, but the city of Ettermire was a city of tremendous gluttony and expense. He sighed, deep in thought as they entered the small and abandoned house. Humphrey needed answers. The totem he'd destroyed and Drune himself was part of a larger problem. When he was certain that they were alone, Humphrey looked at Jethro calmly. He unsheathed the axe he'd won. And placed it on the table. The axe glowed as a result of Humphrey's shinto arts. Humphrey had cleansed the negative energies the axe held as a result, but the mysterious symbols still remained.

"I don't know what those are..." The marks bothered Humphrey a lot. They were also on the totem pole that he'd destroyed. Humphrey had extensive knowledge of symbols and syntax but those symbols were unknown to the warder. He looked at Jethro. "Do you have any ideas of what this could be? I feel the totem was part of the problem here. But we need to figure out how far the rabbit hole goes." Humphrey said casually.

GP

Name
    Jethro Miller
    Race
    Humaniod
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'6

View Profile
    "If I were to hazard a guess I would have to say it was bifurcated. The totem and the axe each playing off of one another. Like I would have to say the axe with each successful connection with an intended target would power the totem. The axe I'm thinking is more of a tool something utilitarian a woodsman's axe so it wouldn't make sense for it to really be used as a weapon. I think your axe might be hungry." Jethro explained as he passed his hands across the ruins feeling the indentations and the scoring.

Finding a chair he took a seat and said "That's all I got for now. If I come up with any thing else I'll let you know." His instincts which told him of the nature of such things only gave him so much of an idea and trying to concentrate on it was something of a bother and lost its accuracy. Propping his foot up onto the table he looked about the place they had broken into. It used to be some sort of shop there was a roomy workshop in the back with only the work benches which were cemented in place left. The walls had exposed studs, where the wall had been kicked in, and the gas lights had been turned off. Mice and other vermin skittered across the floor hoping to be unnoticed and there was the smell of old food and old human waste. In short the building the pair had invaded was just a condensed version of the city it self.

It was a hovel and as strange as it might sound it spoke to Jethro's pragmatic side. He didn't have a permanent residence and didn't really feel the need for one so this would do for a few days if necessary. Looking at his partner in crime as it were he asked "So now what? What's your plan?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast