For some time, Humphrey had been in Ettermire.

The city was a clock-work machine and he was uncomfortable there. The air was not clean, and the scent was rusty. It played Haidia with his senses. The kitsune carefully walked through the crowds of people. Some were sick from the recent malady affecting the land. The water system in Ettermire had been corrupted with some sort of chemical mess, matters of science that were beyond Humphrey. He was one of the few of his kind in Ettermire. An Akashiman bourne and bred, Humphrey was there to assist the people of Ettermimre in their time of need. As he stood there, in front of the Job Office, the Demon Slayer carefully considered. He had been taking odd jobs here and there, hunting the creatures in the sewers that had developed from the wastes. But there was a posting on the large board that caught his eye. Rarely do they post such bounties. I wonder if this is a serious matter? Humphrey saw serveral Adventurers looking at the Job board, in front of the government building. The Job board was where various citizens and officials of Ettermire posted jobs.

Humphrey studied the job post for a moment. A criminal was named on the parchment that was wanted for attacking caravans heading outside of Ettermire to other parts of Alerar proper. Humphrey studied the parchment and decided he would take the job. He removed the parchment from the job board and entered the office building. Inside, there were several self-important Dark Elves that were likely local officials of this or that sort. And many people applying for work and other such matters. Humphrey walked towards the nearest of the officials.

"You seem a capable lad." The Dark Elf said to Humphrey. "I see you have the Listing that was posted this morning. Interested in that bounty?" The man asked.

"What do I need to know?" Humphrey had a deep Akashiman accent. Further, his voice was already gruff by his kitsune nature.

"The bandit's name is Ellkith Drune." The official said, with his air of self importance. "Robbed several caravans and killed a few folks." The official raised an eyebrow. "The reports state he's armed with some sort of an enchanted weapon." The official stopped.

[b]"Very well. I shall return. Does the mark need to be alive or dead?" Humphrey asked.

"Either, but you'll be paid more on successful capture. Though I doubt you'll be able to get him. IF you can get him, I'll throw in something extra." The official was snide and rude, but he was a business man first. "Also, you're allowed help for your hunt. Good luck, and may the Goddess watch over you."

Humphrey nodded. "I'll return. With the mark captured." Humphrey promised.

He stepped outside and there were already a large group of Adventurers gathered. Humphrey began looking around to see if anybody wanted to do the job with him. There were already folks looking at the crazy Kitsune and whispering. Humphrey did not mind. Fortune favors the bold. Humphrey thought to himself as his eyes scanned the group of the gathered...he just needed one extra hand.

[^Enter here.]