Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Dragon (Crystal Sword Hunt)

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Amari sat at the edge of her bed, wearing nothing more than a thick, plush white towel. She ran her hands over the now smooth skin of her legs and arms with a small frown upon her face. The black cracks, she swore there weren't that many of them this morning. Was it because of the memories she had forced Jake to see? Did that spark some sort of reaction with her physical body? "Mmm..." Amari wasn't sure why she was letting it concern her she never had a problem with the abrasions till Noel mentioned them. "Dammit Noel." She muttered.

Amari pushed herself off the bed and slipped on the lacy black underwear Ulroke had 'gifted' her. It would be nightfall soon and she wanted a decent rest before heading out in the morning to find the sword. Amari doubted Jake would bother showing up especially after what she had shown him. Those memories were two of her worst experiences.

' Knock, Knock, Knock'

Amari's eyes shot up to the door. Well, guess the boy has a stronger will than I assumed. Amari thought to herself as she stood to answer the door. Modesty not at the forefront of her mind. She adjusted her towel so it sat firmly over the curvature of her breasts before opening the door a sliver. Seeing Jake she opened it, grabbed his collar and heaved him into the room. Locking the door shut behind her.

"Didn't think you'd bother." Amari said in a matter-of-fact tone as she turned to sit back on the bed, crossing her legs then her arms she sized him up. "Right, enough tit-for-tat Jake. You're looking for the Dragon Crystal Sword. I'm looking to expand my collection. Seems like we both want the same thing. So - why are you searching for the Crystal Sword?"

Jake's eyes travelled slowly up her exposed legs and arms. "I uh-" He pulled his eyes away from her form and scratched the back of his head. He let his eyes focus on a ridiculously ornate lamp within the lavish room. "I want to do something significant with my life. Dragon Blade sounds cool, and well - the whole wood aspect of it reminds me of home."

Amari quirked an eyebrow. "That's....oddly simple of you." She loosened her arms and stood approaching him. "I've already obtained one Crystal sword, so I suppose I could help you get this one but I'd need something in return for my services...what would you offer?"

EXP: 15,350, Level: 5
    Level completed: 23%, EXP required for next level: 4,650
    Level completed: 23%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,650
    GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    The room displayed the type of finery that Jake had only seen when sneaking into expensive homes to liberate golden trinkets. He examined the lamps, the wall hangings, even the bed covers in an attempt to keep his eyes off Amari's pale skin. I suppose that's one thing about her that hasn't changed, he thought. The Salvic girl had always been shameless about her body... an image of her sitting in the bath naked from the waist up wafted through Jake's mind, and he swiftly refocused on the conversation lest his breeches grow any tighter.

"You already have a Crystal Sword?" Jake asked, his eyes growing wide. He tugged at his scarf and paced the length of the room to keep blood flowing throughout his body. "That's amazing, Red! Good for you." Jake paused and leaned on a sturdy bookshelf stacked with leather bound volumes.

"I'd certainly appreciate your help searching for the Dragon Blade," the half elf said with his most winning smile, "but I'm sure that's not what you meant." He scrutinized Amari for a moment, peering into the endless emerald depths of her expectant eyes. She didn't seem like she'd be interested in learning to use the sword or bow, or how to hunt wild game. Jake had a feeling he would need to offer his highest-value service in exchange for a little of the Salvic girl's time. Of course, he would have offered it freely even without the trade, but this new Amari did not seem the type of woman to deal in favors.

"Help me find the Dragon Blade," Jake said, pacing to the middle of the room, "and I'll be your doorman. Anywhere on Althanas is only a step away when you travel with me!" He waved his hands dramatically (and unnecessarily) and summoned an oaken door with a simple brass knob to the space between them. The door opened to the alleyway below and Gunner stuck his head through the portal, snorting and snuffling in the heavy atmosphere of the room.

"Good to see you too, boy," Jake said, "I'll be down shortly. Don't run off!" He pushed Gunner's head back through the doorway with some difficulty and allowed it to dissipate. The half elf shrugged his shoulders and spread his hands. "So what do you say?" He asked, "will you help me find the Dragon Blade? And, which sword do you have? May I see it?"
    Jake Narmolanya - Child of Concordia

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Amari couldn't help but let a prideful smirk slip through her usually snippy demeanour as Jake congratulated her on finding one of the swords. "Yes, well..." She paused as she flicked her hair over her shoulder and crossed her arms over her chest. An action Jake was sure to notice. "I'm not that pathetic waif you once knew Jake. I'm quite capable now." Her smirk dissipated as Jakes' excitement got the best of him, and he practically begged her to see the weapon.

"You can't see it. It's with one of my subordinates on the way back to the compound." Amari held her arms out wide in front of her, flat palms facing each other. "It's about this big and has a crimson blade, beyond that I don't know much else about what powers it holds."

Amari shifted as she fixed the towel that was wrapped tightly around her form. Ignoring the erratic hand gestures as Jake flailed wildly, almost knocking over an oil lamp in the process, it rocked back and forth on the small end table before returning to its original position. He was a fire hazard. "Jake! I-" Exasperated Amari took a few steps forward to stop him, but a giant wooden door blocked her way. Amari had to stop herself before she stepped straight into it. Jake grinned, and opened it up.

How peculiar... and useful Amari thought to herself as her tri-coloured eyes watched as his grey horse shoved its head through the door and gave an indignight neigh, stomping his hoof before retreating. Amari smiled at the turn of events. Actually smiled, no smirk no grimace no forced actions. Just a genuine smile, probably the first in a very long time. Sadly, it did not last. Just as quickly as it appeared it had disappeared as her towel began to slip.

"Ugh - hang on." Amari said as she stopped it before she exposed too much of herself. Amari bent down and picked up the remnants of her clothes from up off the plush carpeted floor. "Stay there." She commanded as she waltzed into the adjacent bathroom, slamming the door behind her to get changed.

Minutes later she returned. Wearing loose fitting slacks and a white cotton shirt as sleepwear. "I'll help you, Jake. First thing tomorrow morning we can be off to find the sword. If I have your word." Amari held out her hand toward him. "Before you agree, know that crossing me is a big fuck tonne of shit you do not want to deal with. Now, deal?"
    Last edited by Mari; 01-30-17 at 08:10 AM.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    "Deal!" Jake exclaimed, clapping his palm to Amari's and giving her hand a firm shake. "Of course you have my word," he added with a grin.

"Good," Amari said with one of her odd smirks, "now, I'm going to bed. You may sleep on the floor." She waved a careless hand at the room's thick carpeting and pulled back the covers.

"I uh... I'd best see to Gunner first." Jake said. Once again he summoned a doorway to the alley and opened it.

"Can you portal your way back in?" Came Amari's sleepy voice.

"Of course!" Jake said, his breath steaming in the night air that flowed through the doorway.

"Good," came the muffled response.

Jake stepped through the portal and allowed it to dissipate, leaving him standing next to Gunner in the darkened alleyway. The horse snuffled softly and nuzzled the half elf's shoulder.

"Alright boy," Jake said, patting Gunner's nose and gripping his reigns, "let's find you a place to spend the night." He had to search through three of the numbered street blocks, but eventually he found a small stable that catered to travelers. Jake paid a few gold coins and in exchange Gunner was given a berth for the night, as well as a fresh water trough and some rolled oats. The streetlamps made Jake's shadow mingle with itself as he journeyed back to the alleyway and summoned the same portal he had twice before.

The oaken door closed behind Jake and he stepped into Amari's room on light feet. Soft, regular breathing noises emanated from the bed, signifying that the Salvic woman was asleep. The half elf doffed his boots and cap and jacket and piled them all together on the soft rug to make a pillow, and then curled up on the carpet like a cat. He'd slept in far worse conditions in his lifetime.

Between the long, adventurous day and Amari's regular breathing Jake soon found himself drifting off to sleep. But before slumber could claim him the sounds coming from Amari's bed changed. Her breathing became hoarse and frantic, and the half elf thought he caught murmured words between breaths. Concerned, Jake rolled over and crawled to the bedside. His pointed ears quivered.

"No..." Amari breathed. Although the word was barely audible, Jake got the idea she was shouting in her dream. "No... no, please!" The Salvic girl's face became drawn in horror and she thrashed beneath the covers.

"Red!" Jake whispered. After getting a glimpse of the girl's past, he could only imagine what terrors visited her in her dreams. "Red, wake up! You're having a nightmare." He reached out a hand, and then hesitated. Hadn't he read somewhere it was a bad idea to wake someone from a nightmare? The half elf bit his lip, and then pulled back from the bed, suddenly indecisive.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 02-11-17 at 04:34 AM.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    Jake put on his boots and jacket and sat in the middle of the thick rug, crunching his cap between his hands. He'd been so happy to see Amari again that he'd ignored a slew of warning signs. She seemed different - dangerous, even. Not dangerous like a skilled swordsman, but rather like a keg of black powder set too close to a candle. Jake sighed. Could he truly trust her on a mission as important as seeking the dragon sword? She had made him swear to uphold his side of the bargain, but she had made no such oaths herself. Jake twisted his hat back and forth, and his stomach churned at the idea of abandoning Amari again. Would she ever stop being angry at him? He pondered the thought for a moment and then realized she was angry at him still. She seemed angry at just about everything, and Jake did not know where to begin to help her. The half elf sighed again and stood up.

"Your name is Amari," he whispered in the darkness, "Amari L'Olfsden, and you're a beautiful, kind woman. Don't you ever forget it." He knew she had forgotten though, and was unsure that she wanted to remember. With one last look at the slumbering lass Jake created a portal and stepped through to the alleyway below.

The night chill nipped at his neck and he pulled the collar of his jacket up as he strode through the streets. The night attendant at the stables was surprised to see him, but had no issue with releasing Gunner from his berth early. The horse snorted contentedly at seeing Jake, and nuzzled the half elf affectionately. Why can't everyone be more like you, boy? Jake thought as he rubbed his steed's nose.

It took only a half hour of riding at a trot to get out of Ettermire proper. Jake followed the metallic signs easily and found the road to the Twilight Mountains before long. As they rode tall grasses and bushes began to border the road, and soon the scrublands gave way to a proper forest. Jake felt at home riding Gunner along a road bordered by trees swaying slightly in the breeze. Dawn broke and the rising sun warmed his back, causing him to undo the top few buttons on his jacket.

The road was empty, perhaps because of the early hour or perhaps because of the rumors of banditry that circulated. Jake took deep breaths of fresh air, appreciating the difference between the woodlands and the city, and undid the clasp of his recurve bow's case. He took a quiver of arrows out of his saddlebags and strapped it onto his hip. He had a plan, and it all revolved around being ready when the bandits accosted him. He reached down and eased his tonfa in its straps alongside the saddlebags. With each step that Gunner took the tension grew, and soon Jake was seeing bandits around every bend.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 02-11-17 at 11:35 AM.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    "Don't be makin' any sudden movements, and ye' may just live to tell this tale," the bandit said. The tall, lanky dark elf had a flintlock pistol aimed at the half elf sitting in the saddle. "Reach down to your saddlebags slowly," the bandit instructed, "and throw all yer' valuables in the dirt."

The brigands had accosted Jake in a clever spot. Just as the half elf had rounded a sharp bend in the road, the elf with the flintlock had stepped out of the trees and hailed him. At the same time, three more bandits with muskets had popped up out of the ditch, giving them a different angle on their victim. The sounds of even more bandits lurking in the forest reached Jake's pointed ears.

The half elf made an effort to hide his smile. Everything was going according to plan.

"Nice an' easy now," the dark elf with the flintlock said, advancing slowly, "no need fer' anyone to die today, boy. Just give us the-"

Jake kicked his heels into Gunner's flanks. The horse leaped forward and reared, a heavy hoof crushing the dark elf's skull. Jake reached down and seized his bow from its case, drawing three arrows from his quiver with his other hand. He controlled Gunner with his knees and heels, wheeling his faithful steed about. Muskets roared and Gunner screamed, and then Jake's world tumbled upside down.

Gunner's pained whinny echoed off of tree trunks as the horse collapsed in the road. Jake was thrown sideways by his steed's fall. His well trained instincts kicked in and he rolled across his shoulders several times before coming to a halt on one knee. Anger and anguish flashed across his reddening face. Gunner writhed on the ground, bleeding from three separate musket wounds, already knocking at death's door. Every part of Jake wanted to race to his steed and hug the friendly beast one last time, but his body was already in motion.

Jake sighted on the three musketeers, who were frantically reloading their weapons in the ditch. The half elf brought his bow up and clapped the first arrow to the string. Thifft. The first musketeer fell as a steel broadpoint bit between his eyes. Thifft. Jake fired the second arrow just as swiftly, and suddenly the shaft blossomed from the second musketeer's throat. Thifft. The third arrow impaled the last musketeer's chest and he crumpled, clawing at the length of wood that would end his life.

Crack! Jake fell to his knees as a cudgel collided with the back of his head. A swift kick in the back drove him face first into the dirt, and he lost his grip on his bow. He groaned and rolled over as the bandits from the trees encircled him. There were four left - they'd been a crew of eight all together.

"What a cheeky boy we have here!" A short, scarred dark elf said gleefully. "He's killed our mates, leaving us all a larger share of the spoils. Shall we thank him?"

"I'd like to thank him with a dagger to the heart," said the dark elf wielding the cudgel. The tall brigand stood over Jake menacingly, one hand still holding the thick club, the other resting on his belt knife's hilt. "Could have been any of us he killed."

Jake fought back tears. Gunner was still dying, making the most horrible sounds he had ever heard as the wounds in his flank sapped his life. He steeled himself against his sorrow and forced words to flow from his lips.

"Don't kill me!" He said, showing them his empty hands, "I'm worth much more alive than dead!"

"How so?" Demanded the tall elf with the cudgel, peering down at Jake with icy blue eyes, "are you worth some sort of ransom? You don't look too wealthy to me." The elf turned his head and spat in the bushes.

"No..." Jake said, "I can make portals. Portals to take you anywhere on Althanas in a single step. I'm a thief, myself. Imagine the riches you could make with my skills under your control."

The leader of the brigands considered the offer, looking up at the sky and rolling his head from side to side. He took his hand away from his dagger and shouldered his cudgel.

"Can you show us one of those portals now?" The bandit inquired.

"Not just now," Jake said, casting his gaze downward to hide the rage in his eyes. Gunner's whinnies had faded to a faint whimpering. "You just about scrambled my brains with that cudgel. Give me an hour to gather my thoughts, and I'll be able to show you."

"Right, we're taking him with us," the bandit leader said, hanging his cudgel on his belt. He gestured in turn at each of his three remaining followers. "You, bind the boy's hands and bring him along. You two, gather up his belongings and our fallen comrades' weapons. We'll leave the bodies here for the crows and ravens."

I promise I'll come back to give you a proper burial, boy. Jake thought as he was led away. He sniffled. This wasn't part of the plan.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 02-11-17 at 07:33 AM.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    The bandits escorted Jake down a hidden path, through layers of trees and bushes, and around a large foothill that bordered the Mountains of Twilight. With much unnecessary pushing and prodding they brought their prisoner to the old castle that served as their hideaway. It was small, as castles go, barely a proper keep, but it had stone walls and short watchtowers and a large oaken gate. The lead bandit banged three times in a particular pattern and the gate opened from within.

So there's more of them, Jake thought, keeping his eyes and ears open. The tall leader gripped the cord that bound the half elf's hands behind his back and steered him through the door to the castle's main hall. Torches guttered in wall sconces, casting long flickering shadows over the wooden tables and chairs that dominated the center of the room. The bandit sat Jake forcefully in one of the chairs and then leaned against a table, facing his captive.

"So you say you can make portals," the bandit leader said, a disdainful smirk on his narrow face, "show me."

Jake took a deep breath and listened hard. He could not hear any of the other bandits - they must have all gone off to other parts of the castle. Jake wanted to smirk but with Gunner's death so fresh in his mind the best he could do was bite back tears.

"Give me a moment," the half elf said, screwing up his eyes. The air to his right shimmered, and then an oaken doorway appeared. The door's twin appeared just behind the tall bandit's head. His icy eyes widened.

"That easy?" the bandit demanded, rubbing his hands together, "and the portal is behind the door?"

"Yes," Jake said, "I need only to activate it... like THIS!" He kicked the door open forcefully with both legs. Behind the bandit, the door's twin swung open simultaneously. The heavy oaken timbers collided with the back of the bandit's head, sending him slumping to the floor without a sound.

Jake allowed the doors to dissipate. What a moron, he thought as he conjured a handful of fire. He singed his jacket sleeve in the process, but managed to burn through the ropes that bound his wrists with little trouble. Still carrying a handful of fire to light his way, the half elf ducked deeper into the castle, on the hunt for the Dragon Blade. He entered a long musty corridor, the corners of which were filled with trailing cobwebs and scurrying spiders. The hall led to a staircase that spiraled downward into the earth. If I was going to hide something of value, Jake thought, I'd certainly put it below ground. Holding his handful of fire aloft, the half elf descended into the darkness.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 02-11-17 at 11:45 AM.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    The spiraling stairs went down surprisingly deep, and by the time Jake's boot touched solid stone floor the smell of mildew had grown unbearable. The half elf pulled his scarf up over his nose and proceeded down a long hall. The flame in his hand flickered, illuminating ancient oil paintings of dwarfs and dark elves, perhaps of those who had built the castle. Further along Jake came to a crossroads, with three distinct tunnels branching off from the one he'd exited. He paused and listened, pointed ears quivering, and heard the rumbling of conversation down the corridor to his left. He followed the faint voice, soon finding himself at a heavy wooden door. Two voices emanated from within.

Jake twisted the door's knob and pushed it open slowly, allowing the voices to cascade out into the hall.

"'Twas a decent haul, for a lone rider," one bandit was saying.

"Aye," the other replied, "some of his belongings will fetch a decent price at market. Pity those idiots shot the horse though - it would have been worth more than this lot combined."

Swallowing a lump that formed in his throat at the mention of Gunner, Jake pushed the door open all the way. He found himself staring at what had once been a dungeon. The large, square stone room now held a number of tables, racks, and shelves, all of which were decorated with arms and armor. Jake saw rows upon rows of swords, daggers, bows and arrows, even crossbows and some Alerian powder weapons. At the far end of the room the two bandits stood with their backs to him, sorting through his stolen belongings.

Jake seized a sword from a nearby rack - a slightly curved longsword - and slid it out of its leather sheath. He gripped the pommel in both hands and took one silent step toward the bandits.

"It is a pity you killed my horse," he said, and their heads whipped around, "for now I must kill you both."

One of the bandits picked up a flintlock pistol, while the other went for the dagger on his belt. Neither got very far. Jake leaped between them like a cat and slashed twice with his new sword. The bandits fell in tandem, their heads barely attached to their bodies. Jake grabbed the corner of a cloak which hung from a nearby rack and used it to wipe the sword clean. Beneath the blood the blade was green, its hilt cool blue steel, and intricate carvings were etched along the length of the blade. Jake blinked, scarcely believing his eyes. Of all the weapons in this room full of treasures, he had picked up... the Dragon Blade.

Jake returned the sword to its leather scabbard and strapped both on his left hip, adding them to his broad leather belt. He could scarcely believe his good fortune. It would have taken him hours of searching the room to find the Crystal Sword, and yet instead it was the first thing he picked up. I truly am meant to wield this blade, he told himself as he gathered his belongings and slung his saddlebags over one shoulder. He paced back to the crossroads of the tunnel, past the walls full of paintings, and up the spiral staircase. Eventually he found himself back in the castle's main hall. The bandit leader still lay slumped on the floor, a trickle of blood trailing from his ear.

If he lives, perhaps he'll change his ways, Jake thought as he pushed through the large double doors into the courtyard. A part of him wanted to portal directly home now that he had the Dragon Blade, but he had made a promise to Gunner. And so he would need to fight his way out of the bandits' keep.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 02-11-17 at 11:48 AM.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    The courtyard yawned out to the inside of the castle's walls. Low parapets stretched along the walls' length, the boards cracked with age. Two guards lingered atop the parapet on either side of the gate, but they were watching outwards, not inwards. Jake dropped his saddlebags and uncased his bow, drawing two arrows from the quiver on his right hip. He held the arrows between his fingers as he bent the bow, and then nocked the first one, sighting along its oaken length. He let fly at the first guard.

Thifft! The arrow met the bandit's spine and he fell from the parapet with a scream. His partner spun about, bringing his fearsome musket up as his eyes lit on Jake.

"Hoi, you there!" The bandit cried, "put up your bow, or I'll-" Jake's second arrow skewered his throat. He fell to the ground amidst a ribbon of blood, gurgling away his last few breaths.

Jake cased his bow and shouldered it along with his saddlebags. He strode to the gate and found the latch, leaving the keep open behind him. Perhaps some weary travelers would find it one day and take shelter there. Perhaps some opportunistic thief would find the treasure trove of weapons in the basement and loot it. Jake had been tempted to fill his saddlebags with precious artifacts from the loot room, but he felt satisfied with the acquisition of the Dragon Blade, and in any case, he had more pressing matters to attend to.

The long walk back to the road where Gunner lay saw Jake's shoulders slumped in sorrow. His faithful steed still lay on the edge of the road, the dirt next to him stained dark brown with blood. Jake got down on his hands and knees in the ditch and dug a shallow grave, and then scampered up onto the road and tipped Gunner into the ditch. He covered his fallen friend's body over with a cairn of stones, affixing the final rock at an angle so that any who passed by would be sure to see it, and possibly pay their respects.

As the sun reached its zenith Jake stood by Gunner's impromptu grave, holding back tears that shone in his eyes. He plucked sadly at the strap of the saddlebags over his shoulder, and touched the hilt of the Dragon Blade on his hip.

"Goodbye Gunner," he said, nearly choking on the words, "you were the best horse and the best friend a half elf could hope for. You were always there for me in my times of need, whether to whisk me away from trouble or provide comfort with a simple nuzzle. I took vengeance on those who killed you, and I'll never forget the time we shared." He sprinkled a final handful of dirt over the cairn and then sighed and summoned a portal, stepping through it and back into the library in Radasanth.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 02-11-17 at 07:21 AM.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    "Sir," the librarian said crossly, "there are no swords permitted in this building. And no portals, either," she sniffed. She peered scathingly over her spectacles at the familiar half elf who had appeared quite suddenly in front of her desk.

"I'm sorry," Jake said, looking down at the Dragon Blade on his hip, "I just needed a familiar place to travel to, and since I was here yesterday..." he trailed off beneath the librarian's stare.

"Well, you'll just have to march right out the door," the librarian scolded, turning back to her paperwork and mumbling to herself, "I mean really... first he wants to take our reference books, and then he's bringing bloody swords into the building..."

Jake's ears and cheeks glowed red, and he hastened down the marble corridor and out into a Coronian early evening. On instinct he turned toward the post where Gunner would have been tied, and a pang of sorrow echoed throughout his body and mind. Gunner... gone. His closest companion and dearest friend.

In a sudden fit of emotion Jake sat down on the library's stone steps and buried his face in his hands. The tears he'd been hiding finally came, flowing thickly between his fingers to spatter on the cobblestone street. How could he have been so careless? Why had he brought Gunner with him to Alerar in the first place? It had seemed like a good idea at the time, but the horse had only been out of place in Ettermire, and now he was dead... dead and gone forever. Jake wept bitterly, soft sobs wracking his shoulders and stomach. He knew he could get a new horse but... it just wouldn't be the same. Gunner had been by his side since he was a young boy.

"Excuse me, are you alright?" Asked a kind female voice. Jake looked up, drying his eyes hastily on his silk scarf.

"I'm fine," the half elf said, scooting to one side, "sorry if I blocked your way." On an ordinary day he would have been entranced by the woman's fine pale skin and lush auburn hair, but at the moment she only reminded him of Amari, and that made him think of Gunner all over again.

"It's alright," the woman said, taking a seat beside the half elf. She smoothed her long blue skirts over her knees and leaned close to say in a soft voice, "I just came to the library to do a little research, but I fear it may be frightfully boring."

"What did you come here to research?" Jake sniffled, looking into the woman's deep dark eyes.

"The Crystal Swords, have you heard of them?" she asked, "it's probably silly, but I've heard so many stories about them recently that I wanted to learn a little more. They seem to have fascinating stories attached to them.

"That they do," Jake said, his spirits finally lifting somewhat, "and I could tell you the tale of how the Dragon Blade was found, if you'd like to hear it." He touched the sword on his hip, a shy smile quirking the corners of his mouth.

"I should love to!" The woman exclaimed, "who needs a dusty old library? Let me buy you a mug of ale to wet your throat while you tell me this tale..."

Out of Character:
    Spoils request: Jake receives the Crystal Sword Dragon, the Wood Blade. It is a slightly curved steel longsword with a green blade and a blue hilt, valued at 150 GP. I am willing to sacrifice GP and EXP if necessary to gain this spoil. Jake also loses his horse, Gunner.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 02-11-17 at 07:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast