Eye Color
    Rouge
    Build
    6'3"/300lbs
    Job
    Hunter/Makai Slayer/Spirit Warder

View Profile

The teachings of Shinto Onmyoudo. [SOLO]

( Zero That is my level 0 profile with this guy. I am going to power through this solo quest. Thank you very much. This is a progression solo. Continued from: ~Here~ )

Ettermire.

Humphrey had lived in Ettermire for a time now as one of her citizens. Though he was a native Akashiman, the Alerarians had a surprising amount of tolerance for outsider. Dark Elves and Dwarf alike, had a lot of tolerance for those who came to help her citizens from other Nations. The current plague affecting Alerar proper was a major concern for all. Humphrey thought about it a lot. He was there to help, and to work among the Ettermire citizenry. Humphrey was many things, and with that education, he found a number of like-minded people in Ettermire that accepted his ways.

Further, Humphrey was allowed to practice the teachings of Shinto Onmyoudo at will. So long as he shared the fruits of his labor, he could teach others the sacred arts of his people. He knew he would not be able to convert the followers of Lloth, but that was not an end-goal for Humphrey anyway.

Though he personally, did not like the pagan religions...he tolerated them.

Humphrey currently was working at one of the many blacksmiths in Ettermire. It was one of the smaller shops that often hired outsiders. A short and stocky Dwarf ran the smithy, alongside his apprentices and acolytes. The shop was well stocked, but didn't have some of the newer equipment in it. They all made due with what they had. The shop had a name, The Silver Anvil. It was a building in one of the many quarters of Ettermire, and it supplied the locals with gear of all sorts. Humphrey oft worked for The Silver Anvil, and had apprenticed directly underneath the master Dwarf.

Humphrey was using his Spirit Alchemy in the forge. It meshed surprisingly well with the blacksmithing arts used in Ettermire proper...

Humphrey had not developed the same prestige and standing of the senior acolytes in the forge, but he had earned respect. His spirit alchemy had provided a huge boon to Ettermire itself. And the master Dwarf knew it too.

He was working alongside Humphrey that day...
    Last edited by ~Humphrey_Nonyton~; 02-18-17 at 12:36 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen introducing the old...dirty...bastard!

EXP: 3,109, Level: 2
    Level completed: 37%, EXP required for next level: 1,891
    Level completed: 37%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,891
    GP

Name
    Humphrey Nonyton
    Race
    ~Kitsune/Kanojin~
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Rouge
    Build
    6'3"/300lbs
    Job
    Hunter/Makai Slayer/Spirit Warder

View Profile
    "Laddie." The master Dwarf, Hankru said calmly. "Teach me more about the Shinto arts." The master Dwarf said calmly. "We can continue from our last lecture."

Humphrey applied a symbol to the ingot he was fashioning for the master Dwarf. "The Shinto arts are from Akashima." Humphrey liked starting things properly, from the beginning. "Not even the Elders of my people know where it's origins lay. Only that even the most unskilled of us can use it well." Humphrey said carefully. He looked at the master Dwarf after he applied the rune on the ingot. Further augmenting it's natural properties. "When I learned how to speak, how to read the old teachings, I was taught Shinto Onmyoudo. From a young age you are taught the basic teachings until you can recite them in your sleep." Humphrey finished the purified ingot and passed it over to Hanku for inspection.

"Laddie, your skill level is remarkable. Ye have shown me so much in your short time here and I'm certain that I can teach you proper techniques too." Hanku inspected the perfectly forged ingot.

There was a pile of such ingots nearby.

They all had a glow about their structure...

The lecture and the purification of ore and ingots continued for several hours.

When later that day it happened...

Master Hanku was manning the front portion of the store as one of it's dealers when the fellow came in.

Immediately, Master Hanku knew what sort of man that the stranger was. He was a Drow no doubt, but his attire and markings did not sit well with Hanku. "May I help you laddie?"

The stranger wore a fancy hat that was tipped to cast a shadow over his face. He stepped forward and looked at Hanku. "We have business to conduct." The Drow said in a serious tone.

"This shop does handle all manner of affairs. So what can I do for you?" Hanku asked.

"You owe a debt." The man suddenly said, his arms folded across his chest. "I have come to collect this debt."

"Debt...what do you speak...of...?" Hanku's eyes suddenly went wide. Hanku spoke in a low whisper. "Things have been rather busy here of late. Tell your Boss I need more time." Hanku was immediately getting extremely uncomfortable.

"You...don't seem to understand the severity of this." The man said. He looked outside, there were several other men standing outside of the shop. "We are here to collect a debt, and you will either cooperate with us or suffer the consequences..." The man was already popping his knuckles.

Humphrey fixed up the last ingot for Master Hanku. There was a scream from the front portion of the shop. Humphrey immediately sprung to action. He looked at his companions.

"Everyone stop. I will go see what was that yell." Humphrey said, and took lead of the situation.

He walked towards the front of the shop and his eyes became angry when he saw Master Hanku hurt, and several strangers in fancy attire entering the smith shop to cause a lot of harm. Humphrey walked forward.

"Step away from that man." Humphrey said angrily...
    Ladies and gentlemen introducing the old...dirty...bastard!