Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    He must have hit his head awfully hard when the house collapsed, Jake thought, somewhat confused by the demon's latest batch of threats. Perhaps it's just a tactic, he realized as he matched the Haidian slash for slash and thrust for thrust. The demon had some skill with the sword, but each movement of his was massive, lumbering, made slow by the thick corded muscle that framed his body. Jake moved nimbly, using footwork and angles to counter his enemy's brute strength. Before long, Jake knew, the demon would tire, as its bulky muscles ate up all the oxygen available in its bloodstream. He just needed to keep it fighting until then, and keep it away from Nessol and Andru.

The Raintakers were still huddled in the road. Andru's ankle had already begun to swell painfully, the bone broken. His daughter lingered at his side, trying frantically to lift her father to his feet so the two could escape together. Otherwise the street seemed strangely empty.

Jake knew that the fire brigade would arrive soon - Ettermire had stations with steam buggies loaded with water and great pressurized hoses throughout the city. Doubtlessly the brigade would help him defeat the demon... but selfishly, Jake did not want their help. He wanted to finish the Haidian off in his own particular fashion, before anyone else arrived. He wanted to show Nessol the true nature of his fighting abilities. And most of all, he wanted to watch the demon's life snuff out.

Circling carefully, Jake came at the Haidian from and angle and aimed a sneaky stab at the being's throat. His fiery sword flashed in the night, matching the orange glow of the dancing flames that lingered over the Raintakers' ruined house.
    Jake Narmolanya - Child of Concordia

EXP: 1,680, Level: 1
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 320
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 320
    GP

Name
    Nosdyn Krotar
    Race
    Demon of Haidia
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gold/Yellow
    Job
    Bad Ass

View Profile
    "You are a fool Jake." Nosdyn hissed as he intercepted the man's feeble, half assed attacks.

Nosdyn was holding back, considerably so, but Jake was fighting as hard as he could...Nosydn knew that was the case. He is holding back...but not in the same way...perhaps if I kill more of his friends...he will take this more seriously. Nosdyn thought to himself. He intercepted the next attack, one aimed at his throat more or less, and snarled. As he intercepted that attack with his glowing weapon, he decided to send a swift and hard punch at the side of Jake's head in an attempt to distract him.

Going to kill his friends...that will get his fucking attention... Nosdyn was getting angrier as the moments passed.

That last attack was somewhat difficult to evade, but he was able to do so, the flaming blade that his opponent wielded was quite powerful.

After he punched forward, Nosdyn began to act towards his plan. He swung forward then leaped backwards as far as he could in an attempt to disengage from his opponent. If his sudden punch connected or not was besides the point...

He caught his breath for a moment and began to stalk towards the remaining Raintakers...the allies of Jake Narmolanya.

They had become the target since Jake insisted on running away. "At least they are braver than you are, coward." Nosdyn hissed as he stalked towards his intended targets. He was growing impatient with Jake...but he would make Jake make mistakes.

He walked with a quicker step in his stalk towards Nessol and Andru.

"I am going to take away everything you love. Jake Narmolanya." Nosdyn threatened and meant every single word...

Once he'd covered the distance between himself and the Raintakers...
    Fear. Fear is my weapon.
    Fear, anger, cruelty, these I bestow upon you. My chosen Death Knight.-Arthas
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    ~Scary Mask~

EXP: 15,350, Level: 5
    Level completed: 23%, EXP required for next level: 4,650
    Level completed: 23%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,650
    GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    The punch connected with the side of Jake's head, and the world turned sideways on the half elf. He reeled away from the muscular demon, barely clinging to his sword as confusion distorted his thoughts. He staggered and just barely caught himself short of falling into the bonfire that was the Raintakers' house. He took a moment to clear his head, shaking his blond locks out forcefully. His scalp at split beneath the Haidian's knuckles, and a single drop of crimson flowed down the side of his face. Take away everything I love? Jake wondered if he had heard the demon correctly, who does this moron think he is? I just met the Raintakers... everything I love is in Corone. Even so, Jake had sworn to protect the dark elves, and he had not intention of letting the demon slay them.

Jake's near fall had carried him away from the Raintakers and their assailant, giving the demon a chance to draw near, his pulsating blade menacing. The half elf knew that if he ran after the Haidian he would risk giving the beast enough time to kill its victims. The half elf needed to act, and act fast. Releasing his sword hilt with one hand, he summoned a trickle of fire from the inferno and cradled it in his hand. The fire grew into a ball the size of a small melon, pulsating on Jake's palm without burning him.

Setting his feet, the half elf threw the ball of fire at the demon's exposed back. Like a burning beacon it arced through the air, on a collision course with the demon's broad back. The beast was so wide and muscular, Jake knew he was unlikely to miss. He only hoped it would be enough to slow the demon down, or stop it all together. Gripping the hilt of his flameblade in both hands, Jake rushed at the demon in the fireball's wake.

"Cowards attack the weak," he roared as he ran, "so leave them alone, if you're not a coward! Turn and face me, demon!"

EXP: 1,680, Level: 1
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 320
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 320
    GP

Name
    Nosdyn Krotar
    Race
    Demon of Haidia
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gold/Yellow
    Job
    Bad Ass

View Profile
    "Coward is what you'll call me? I am not the one who keeps running away." Nosdyn quipped back. He stalked towards Andru and his daughter...but then something happened.

With the fires spreading around the district they were in...a group of skilled artisans from Ettermire suddenly arrived.

Nosdyn stared at Andru for a long moment as the chaos ensued.

Andru, fearful of his life stared back, the two gazes locking.

Then, the unthinkable happened...Nosdyn shut his weapon down and in the vast confusion of the moment...decided the battle was over.

Nosdyn held great disgust for the man named Jake Narmolanya...

He stole from me. More importantly...he stole from The Boss. I must be prepared to report this mission as a loss. But I didn't lose as much as he has... Nosdyn stopped when he was some distance away from the crowd of people and turned to look back at Jake's general direction. There was a cold smile on the Demon's face. You win this round...Jake...but there will be another time. Nosdyn bowed elegantly towards the general direction of the gathered. "Yes...there will be another time." He said out loud to nobody in particular...

Then he took his leave and prepared to go face his punishment from The Boss.

It was not so bad considering everything he took from Jake was far worse...

Nosdyn was prepared to face failure...but was Jake?

He walked off into the darkness and mentally prepared himself to face what he knew would be severe punishment.

Nosdyn was one of The Boss's most gifted soldiers...punishment for failure would be...severe.

~The End~
    Fear. Fear is my weapon.
    Fear, anger, cruelty, these I bestow upon you. My chosen Death Knight.-Arthas
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    ~Scary Mask~

EXP: 15,350, Level: 5
    Level completed: 23%, EXP required for next level: 4,650
    Level completed: 23%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,650
    GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    A wailing rolled down the street as the Ettermire Fire Brigade arrived. Steam carts loaded with pressure-hoses and tanks of water chugged to the scene. Elves and dwarfs swarmed around the inferno, spraying water at the base of the flames. Two of the brigadiers helped Andru to his feet and over to a cart to sit. One of them examined his injured ankle while the other consoled Nessol.

If only they knew what all these poor folk have been through.

Jake had lost sight of the Haidian in the confusion, as the brigadiers fought the fire, producing massive bursts of smoke that stank of tar. The half elf rose to his feet and allowed his fiery sword to turn back into a quill, which he returned to his inner jacket pocket. He rushed to the Raintakers' side, throwing an arm around each of them.

"I'm so glad you're alright!" He cried, "I did my best, but the demon got away."

"Jake!" Nessol threw her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. "You protected us and that's all that matters. We would have been killed three times over without you there to save the day." Andru reached out and shook the youth's hand, the older man almost moved to tears. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome," Jake grinned, ignoring the throbbing pain in the side of his head where the demon's punch had landed. It would be a reminder for him to train harder. "It was my pleasure. To be honest, hunting demons is what I do..." He looked down the road where he had last seen the Haidian scampering away like a sewer rat. He touched his chest where the quill sat in his pocket, and burned the details of the demon's face into his mind.

"And I don't think I've seen the last of that evil bastard."

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    Thread: A Hadian in Ettermire's Heart
    Authors: Jake Narmolanya & Arch Nemesis
    Type: No Judgment

Congratulations!

Jake receives 2,005 EXP and 220 GP.
    Arch receives 1,455 EXP and 200 GP.

* These rewards include the regional bonus for Alerar.
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    All rewards have been added!
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123