Dolvgoc woke up slowly, blinking in the harsh light of the morning. He glanced around the dirty alley he was in. He could have sworn that he heard a voice, yet no one was there.

"Oi, half-beast! I'm behind you."

Dolvgoc craned his neck backwards, and looked up into the eyes of a very angry man. Without bothering to get up, the Fur-Kin yawned and spoke.

"Good morning. What can I do for you?"

Those words, while friendly in tone, seemed only to enrage the man more.

"What can you do for me? Well for starters you can pay me ten gold for trespassing on my property and then take your flea ridden hide away from here!"

Dolvgoc looked around in confusion before spotting the door in the side of the wall.

"Shit"

"How about five instead? I'll give you the gold, and then leave."

Dolvgoc went to stand up, but the man placed his foot on his chest, pinning the Fur-Kin to the ground.

"You're not going anywhere until you pay me the full ten pieces, you mangy piece of fur."

Dolvgoc's green eyes flashed with anger. He shoved the man's leg aside and clambered to his feet. As the blanket fell away and Dolvgoc rose to his full height, the man shrank backwards. Dolvgoc wasn't just a bum. He was wearing chainmail covered by the pelt of an elk and carried a mace and bow. Clearly, he wasn't one to be trifled with over a simple bit of trespassing.

The tall Fur-Kin looked down on the man, glaring.

"I'm leaving now. You'd best stay here."

As the man mutely nodded, Dolvgoc rolled up his blanket and walked off, trailed by his dog.