Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Amari didn’t stop there; again and again the small dagger was driven into her brother's chest and each time he coughed and screamed in pain as he begged her to stop. Her actions an accumulation of all the pain both physical mental throughout her life. Amari’s hands shook and she could barely see as her tears stained her vision. Lamonts cries grew weaker and it was only then did she stop, dropping the blade as it clattered into the pool of blood that surrounded her .- Amari pressed her head into the crook of her brothers’ neck.

“You’re my brother…” She whispered in choked sobs. “I don’t want to see you die.” She let the kukri sit in the pool of blood that surrounded her as she pressed her hands to lay atop the many wounds that littered Lamonts body. Amari stilled a startled cry as she started to heal his wounds.

“Y-you….” Amari pulled her hands away, his body still bled but his wounds were no longer endangering his life. Lamonts head was lowered, barely staying conscious. “You…” Amari was struggling to breathe at this point, “Deserve so much worse.”

Amari wiped a splatter of blood from her face, “I want you to meet someone named Aurelianus.” Amari managed a small grin, “If you can, go ahead and escape from him, and come find me - but don’t expect me to be that stupid, naive woman you once knew.”

“No, no.” Lye wagged a finger. “Aurelianus can have his corpse, but not his life. That is yours to take.”

Amari shook her head weakly, it seemed that treating her Masters ‘unhealable’ wounds along with the ones on her brothers body was beginning to take more of a toll on her body. Amari took a deep breath and pushed herself up from the ground, grunting from the visible pain she was in. A warbled laugh fell from her lips, “It’s all just cause and effect right?” She asked him

“More or less,” Lye replied from his front row seat. “I’d rather not waste his time with this sad excuse of a man, but he could always use more bodies.”

Amari turned her back to the silver haired assassin once more. “Lamont?” Her brother lifted his head, his eyes dark as they stared at her with an unrelenting hatred. “You’re nothing but a fucktoy.” He spat weakly.

Something in Amari broke, her heart ached with every beat and it felt like her very being was burning with a fiery pain. “Fuck you!” She swore at Lamont as she picked up the kukri and started assaulting him again. Striking him over and over, slashing at his body. “You.” She drove it into the side of his ribs. “Are.” She pulled it out with a schlick and drove it into his body again, “NOTHING!”

A pained cry fell from Amari’s lips as she continued, Lamont long since had passed on and the room was silent except for the sounds of her repeatedly stabbing her brothers hanging corpse.

Lye turned to Caellus and muttered something beneath the sounds of her relentless assault. The brunette nodded to his master and returned upright. They both returned their attention to Amari in silence as she spilled years upon years of frustrations though her actions.

No longer with the rush of adrenaline, Amari was now weakly striking his body as she silently cried. She had destroyed him just as he destroyed her, but part of his words had stuck with her. He was right, she didn’t have anyone. She was alone, and always had been. Being here within the Crimson Hand wouldn’t change that, she knew little of the Silver Haired man and began to wonder if those moments of kindness were nothing more than for him to get his way.

Amari finally stopped stabbing Lamont, she bent over herself and pressed her forehead into the ground, wondering if it really was such a bad thing. She had shelter, she had food, and she had safety - those were the three things she asked of him. Amari shut her eyes and wrapped her arms around herself. Her body ached, her heart ached and her head was swimming in a blurred haze.

She broke a long silence with whispered words. “What now?”

“Nothing,” Lye stated. He waved his hand and Caellus moved toward Lamont’s corpse. “You’re done for the day.”

With a struggle and a groan, the injured assassin rose from his seat and walked behind Amari. He place his hand gently on her shoulder. She gingerly lifted her head, but didn’t turn to look at him.

“Let’s retire. We’ll get you cleaned,” he stated. “And I owe you some answers.”

Amari finally acknowledged him hen he said he owed her answers, she gave him a questioning look, but rather than fight back with her usual fire Amari stood of her own volition. “Fine.” She glanced him up and down, he still seemed to struggle with walking. “Did you need help, or will Caellus bring you?”

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    “I’ll manage.” Lye turned and made way to their quarters. His stride still showed signs of pain, but he held himself tall. Amari kept pace behind him, their footsteps echoing softly in the Grand Hall of the longhouse. He opened the door and gestured for her to enter, bath already drawn and warmed.

“You did well,” he stated, closing the door behind them. Lye hobbled to the bed and sat atop it as his weight gave out. He seethed briefly through his teeth and his stump pressed against the bandage at his side.

“You said you wanted truth,” he groaned. Though faint and through a haze of death’s door and ritual magic, he remembered her words in his trance.

Amari who had already undressed and was bathing herself seemed confused. “I did…?” She paused, lowering her arm into the water. “Ah, I did.” She repeated as if recalling her own words. “Why would you tell me now?”

“Why not?” he replied. “You have shelter, food, water, clothes, and freedom from your brother. For what you don’t have, you have learned the methods to obtain them. So now, I will answer what questions you have for me. Unless you rather not know.”

He watched as Amari slowly went back to bathing, “Alright. I’m listening.” She said as she rose a leg and ran the cloth down it. “Who are you, really?”

“I’m a man who wants to watch the world set free of its laws and chains. Your question is vague,” he replied, watching her remove the blood from her skin and admiring the creature she was becoming.

“I suppose I had that coming.” She said quietly, something seemed to be bothering her. “Are you going to tell me your name? What about who you were before you took on the mantle of Leader of the Crimson Hand?”

“For now, it is still Master to you.” The look of irritation on her brow made him shake his head. “Soon. But as to who I was before…”

His voice trailed off and he turned his eyes to the hewn stone ceiling. He hadn’t noticed her step out of the bath and wrap herself in a towel.

“A fool. A naive body in a sea of nameless cattle.” He looked to Amari, his memories drifting to the far reaches of his buried nostalgia. It felt fresh and in no part to her cursed sigil. “I had a wife, and a child. Just like any other and noone of import.”

He watched her face for a reaction, but it was unusually stoic as the woman approached him. Lye sat up tall despite his injuries. As she neared the end of the bed, her fingers danced gently through his hair as she brushed it away from his face. “I don’t understand you.” She said softly, “I think I’d go mad if I tried.”

“You will,” he replied. “In time.”

They then danced to his wound, “It still hurts doesn’t it?”

He winced like a man too proud to admit weakness. “It does.”

He breathed in sharply as she crawled atop him, her hands pressing down on his wound, flickers of light erupted from her finger, and fizzled. It was clear that her constant use of her gift was having an adverse affect on her. Just like before he felt the tingling warmth seep into his wounds. Amari’s hands shook considerably as his pain was replaced with the warmth.

Lye gripped her by the wrist, looking up to her with one eye. “Enough,” his voice rolled off his tongue like velvet - a stark contrast to the norm. “You’ve done enough. I’ll live, but thank you.”

Amari’s mouth literally fell open, she blinked at his gratitude. Clearly in shock. “I-uh…” It was not often that Lye saw her so speechless. His words had thrown her and whatever facade she had tried to hold onto was shattered. Strangely, a slight blush coloured her cheeks. “I’m…” She said as she carefully went to shift off of him. “You’re welcome, I mean.”

The assassin grunted as he shifted his back against the headboard. His hand cupped her by the chin lightly and his finger traced the lace choker around her neck. “The rest of the day is yours,” he cooed. “Do what you like.”

Amari’s eyes fluttered at his gentle words and touches.She shifted, her head gently falling into his lap. Her skin prickled as she felt his hand run through her damp, wavy hair. “I’m tired. Just this once...I’ll take your warmth as my reward.” She muttered as she closed her eyes.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Judgement Title: The Sixth Day
    No Judgement

Lye:
    880 EXP
    70 GP

Mari:
    705 EXP
    77 GP

Inclusive of GP gaining abilities.
    Last edited by Philomel; 03-04-17 at 06:27 AM.
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12